• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Oh I agree, but I've heard that the giving out of fruits will slow down significantly as the game goes on. I hope that's not the case, but who knows.

It pretty much will.

They'll certainty stop the new game so here's a free fruit a day event after some time.

The log-in rewards will get spread out so instead of every 5 or 10 days, it would probably be your 50th day and then your 100th day.

People will run out of islands to complete as they finish all the available content so far.

they show Ace, but what this really means is you'll have an increased chance of getting Higuma and others

I actually got him yesterday as I was bored using Mr 3 and yeah was like "oh nice"
Went off and had a look and it seems people go crazy for him haha

Getting sick of trying to get a green crab for zoro and Im not getting many XP fodder guys either..

qazqaNii

I need some help with making a decent team, I am kind of lost what I should farm, Arlong? Zeff? Anything else? I don't really know, I won't use rare recruits.

Here is my team atm:

k0HmaGZ.png

Any ideas for a good crew?

bjork

Maybe Luffy as captain, Alvida, Sanji, Miss Valentine, and then God Usopp for the special, with a Luffy friend captain?

I took a nap and when I woke up, I had like 20 stamina. So I did two runs trying for the damn sea horse again. On the last run I got the flash of light, and then a sack of money. Damn you game. I'm going outside!

Hisoka

Hey guys.
Something came to my mind as i thought about the "double super-success-chance".

Will there be something like "double chance for special up" event?
Maybe there was already smth like this in the jap. version?

Because if not, i'll keep my fodders until 17 march, otherwise i'll keep the ones i need.

Hey guys.
Something came to my mind as i thought about the "double super-success-chance".

Will there be something like "double chance for special up" event?
Maybe there was already smth like this in the jap. version?

Because if not, i'll keep my fodders until 17 march, otherwise i'll keep the ones i need.

The March 17th event is just for super succes, but yes we'll have some "double chance for special up" events somewhere in the future.

Bandai is doing a good job bringing JP's events to global. Apparently they introduced Bonus Time (x2 drop rates, half stamina etc) fairly recently and here we are getting it much earlier than JP did.

Better captain bonus and stats.

Not sure why you're saying Mihawk will replace Zoro as a Captain. He might replace him as a DEX slasher but a slasher capt. will never replace a DEX one. Zoro is still used today in JP and his one of the few strawhats that is better in his v1 form.
You got a link for that?

Edit: I assume you aren't talking about this blog, which is super up-to-date: http://www.bandai.com/blog/

http://onepiece-cruise.blogspot.com.au/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
These comparisons arent fair anyway - Asura Zoro is a Dex team Captain and Mihawk a Slasher Team Captain - Arlong ( as a Slasher leader) will be replaced by Mihawk. Same for Asura Zoro and Zoro v2 - completely different type of captains for different purposes. Lion Zero in combination with Vivi can clear many tough bosses and his active is better for taking out single boss enemies.

Just saying that they are all useful under the right circumstances

Better captain bonus and stats.

Isn't Mihawk for slashers and Asura Zoro for DEX? And Asura doubles ATK and HP while Mihawk only increases ATK (albeit more than Zoro)? And even then, Zoro wouldn't be obsolete because you can still use him as a crew member even if you have Mihawk as a captain.

cw_sasuke

JPN getting Skypia story missions soon - man cant wait to see Enels skills/stats
3AQmK.gif

Hisoka

The March 17th event is just for super succes, but yes we'll have some "double chance for special up" events somewhere in the future.

Bandai is doing a good job bringing JP's events to global. Apparently they introduced Bonus Time (x2 drop rates, half stamina etc) fairly recently and here we are getting it much earlier than JP did.

That's nice! Thank you. So i will keep some of my units for special up.

RalchAC

Do we know if Japan got an Extra Island with Smoker or something?

The super success event has already started? I've got two Super Succeses in a row.

Do we know if Japan got an Extra Island with Smoker or something?

They did, but Laboon will be the last story boss to get a special island. All the story bosses after him (like crocodile) won't have an event island and won't be available via Rare Recruit. Get ready to farm many bosses the Zeff-way.

The super success event has already started? I've got two Super Succeses in a row.

It starts March 17th.

RalchAC

They did, but Laboon will be the last story boss to get a special island. All the story bosses after him (like crocodile) won't have an event island and won't be available via Rare Recruit. Get ready to farm many bosses the Zeff-way.

It starts March 17th.

So I've just been superlucky or something?

About Laboon. After that we'll start getting arcs that haven't released yet? Like how Japan has Marineford now (Garp was a 24h event IIRC) even if they're on Skypiea on the story mode.

bjork

About Laboon. After that we'll start getting arcs that haven't released yet? Like how Japan has Marineford now (Garp was a 24h event IIRC) even if they're on Skypiea on the story mode.

24 hour events aren't the same as special islands, though. It's just access to characters the story mode hasn't reached yet. Like how we got Baroque Works, despite not yet having even Whiskey Peak. At least, that's what I gather.

Went out to mow my lawn, and the lawn mower died after about 30 seconds. No yardwork today!

They are not story arcs, just event islands with some new units. The evo list in the blog makes me think that Hina will be the first non-story fortnight boss but I have no idea about how long it will take.

Rurunaki

Isn't Mihawk for slashers and Asura Zoro for DEX? And Asura doubles ATK and HP while Mihawk only increases ATK (albeit more than Zoro)? And even then, Zoro wouldn't be obsolete because you can still use him as a crew member even if you have Mihawk as a captain.

My issue with mono colored teams are that they are not flexible unless they are PSY or INT (no weaknesses). Plus Lion Song Zoro takes over as the new Meta Zoro.

Asura Zoro still has decent stats, but he will be taken a tier down.

RalchAC

So they're extending the daily gem for another two weeks. Awesome.

24 hour events aren't the same as special islands, though. It's just access to characters the story mode hasn't reached yet. Like how we got Baroque Works, despite not yet having even Whiskey Peak. At least, that's what I gather.

Went out to mow my lawn, and the lawn mower died after about 30 seconds. No yardwork today!

After reading this I've given a look to the JP blog and I've seen a bunch of the 14 days events. There is a Impel Down one that will launch soon, and they've released stuff like a Sea Beast event, a Animals event (with Kalu as a boss). Basically, it seems that some events are based on the story arcs while others aren't. Nice

They are not story arcs, just event islands with some new units. The evo list in the blog makes me think that Hina will be the first non-story fortnight boss but I have no idea about how long it will take.

Thanks for the extra info! I didn't go to the first few pages to see what kind of events where the first Japan got.

Not sure about this "Lion Song Zoro takes over as the new Meta Zoro". Here's Xystos' take on strawhats v2:

• Gear 3 Luffy beats Gear 2 Luffy (Not much of a shocker) by quite a bit as both a Sub or a Leader.
  • Zolo - I think Asura Zolo has the edge here. Yes - Tank Zolo is useful but for a very specific team for specific dungeons (You should not try Tank Zolo Teams in future 30 Stamina Teams for example). This will really limit Tank Zolo so I'd say the more versatile Asura Zolo will win this one.
  • Towel Nami wins. No questions asked.
  • Golden Pound Hammer Usopp wins due to versatility. Impact Usopp has his uses - in terms of comparing which is better - Golden Pound.
  • I would say Diablo Sanji wins for stats and the ability to clear high Armored Enemies. While Mr. Prince's Single Target Nuke is better than it (generally), the odds are you will be only using it once. While with orb manipulation, you can hit harder with Diablo in the long run.

cw_sasuke

My issue with mono colored teams are that they are not flexible unless they are PSY or INT (no weaknesses). Plus Lion Song Zoro takes over as the new Meta Zoro.

Asura Zoro still has decent stats, but he will be taken a tier down.

Well thank god that we can run multiple teams ;-)

There will always be a place for powerful mono teams taken down stronger bosses and for faster farming - when Mihawk drops Mono Force teams will be able to take him down, next week when we get Kuro Dex teams will be able to kill very fast and often without problem.

And i dont see how Lion Zoro overtakes Asura Zoro when he is a different kind of Captain and still rated lower than Asura Zoro in the current jpn meta.

Majukun

Is my zeff team gonna be useful in the long run or I need to start farming some other character? At I have

Zeff
Gear second luffy
Diable jambee sanji
God usopp
Helmeppo (I also have kuro obi, moji & Richie)

Rurunaki

Not sure about this "Lion Song Zoro takes over as the new Meta Zoro". Here's Xystos' take on strawhats v2:

Vivi + Lion Song Zoro has been used time and time again to clear special islands and event. Asura Zoro has his merit in a Slasher composition, but Arlong outlasts him in terms of usefulness. I like Asura Zoro, realistically though, I've found no use for him outside an Arlong team.

cw_sasuke

Is my zeff team gonna be useful in the long run or I need to start farming some other character? At I have

Zeff
Gear second luffy
Diable jambee sanji
God usopp
Helmeppo (I also have kuro obi, moji & Richie)

Define "useful" ? xD
But you should have trouble clearing current and upcoming content though you might wanna find a better sub than Helmeppo later on.

Zeff will be the defacto Fighter Team leader until we Jimbei.

Vivi + Lion Song Zoro has been used time and time again to clear special islands and event. Asura Zoro has his merit in a Slasher composition, but Arlong outlasts him in terms of usefulness. I like Asura Zoro, realistically though, I've found no use for him outside an Arlong team.

We're still doing the easy stuff. Once they introduce the difficulty above Elite, things will get much harder. For most 30-stamina islands you will need mono-color teams. slashers won't help you clear everything.

Rurunaki

We're still doing the easy stuff. Once they introduce the difficulty above Elite, things will get much harder. For most 30-stamina islands you will need mono-color teams. slashers won't help you clear everything.

Which is why I said Lion Song will eventually take over Zoro meta. He's basically doing Alvida's Super every turn when coupled with Vivi.

Which is why I said Lion Song will eventually take over Zoro meta. He's basically doing Alvida's Super every turn when coupled with Vivi.

Except he doesn't. Just like Laboon, he falls flat on his face as soon as you're facing multiple enemies. His captain ability only works when HP is full, so in a multi-mob room, the effect will stop working as soon as you take the first hit (when multiple mobs attack you in the same turn).

Actually Bandai has been trying to add gimmicks to the latest raid bosses so that Vivi/Laboon and Vivi/Zoro combos will never work against them. Don't plan on beating Doflamingo or Ivankov with Lion Zoro, it'll never happen.

chrono01

Is vivi gonna be gotcha only or we will get her on a story island?
You'll be able to obtain her from story quests later on [via farming].

The only three units that you absolutely cannot get currently [Japanese version] via in-game means are:

Ace
Shanks
Nico Robin

It's speculated that Nico Robin will be obtained after the Enies Lobby story arc, but it's difficult to say whether it will be the exact same one or not. The current gatcha-only one could very well be a variation, similar to Towel Nami.

RalchAC

Define "useful" ? xD
But you should have trouble clearing current and upcoming content though you might wanna find a better sub than Helmeppo later on.

Zeff will be the defacto Fighter Team leader until we Jimbei.

For what I read on the JP blog Jinbei is a gacha only unit. I guess I'll have to save for him lol.

Except he doesn't. Just like Laboon, he falls flat on his face as soon as you're facing multiple enemies. His captain ability only works when HP is full, so in a multi-mob room, the effect will stop working as soon as you take the first hit (when multiple mobs attack you in the same turn).

Actually Bandai has been trying to add gimmicks to the latest raid bosses so that Vivi/Laboon and Vivi/Zoro combos will never work against them. Don't plan on beating Doflamingo or Ivankov with Lion Zoro, it'll never happen.

There is a skill that nullifies a unit in your party, right? Does that apply to Captain Effects too?

Is vivi gonna be gotcha only or we will get her on a story island?

It'd be cool if we get her after finishing Laboon or Whisky Peak.

There is a skill that nullifies a unit in your party, right? Does that apply to Captain Effects too?

Yes many mobs/bosses (starting with elder seahorse in Mihawk's island) will lock some of your units. When a Captain is locked, his effect stops working too, so that's detrimental for teams relying on both Captains to survive (aka Vivi teams).

Rurunaki

Which proves my point. Bandai had to make gimmicks to stop Vivi/Lion Song Zoro combination because of how strong that meta is.

A multi *trash* mob room is no threat to high level Vivi/Lion Song Zoro composition. This only applies to Laboon comp because of how low level that team has to be to pull off that combo.

You'll be able to obtain her from story quests later on [via farming].

The only three units that you absolutely cannot get currently [Japanese version] via in-game means are:

Ace
Shanks
Nico Robin

It's speculated that Nico Robin will be obtained after the Enies Lobby story arc, but it's difficult to say whether it will be the exact same one or not. The current gatcha-only one could very well be a variation, similar to Towel Nami.
Does that mean units like Gear 3 Luffy and Lion Song Zoro are obtainable somehow?

Also just curious- anybody know if the JPN version had bonuses for Strawhats V2? With all this talk of the Zoro/Vivi combo, I'm curious.

I don't have a Vivi so in two months I'll look for her at Whisky Peak (already have all the mats ready), but Zoro... eh.

chrono01

Does that mean units like Gear 3 Luffy and Lion Song Zoro are obtainable somehow?

Also just curious- anybody know if the JPN version had bonuses for Strawhats V2? With all this talk of the Zoro/Vivi combo, I'm curious.

I don't have a Vivi so in two months I'll look for her at Whisky Peak (already have all the mats ready), but Zoro... eh.
Sorry, I meant the only ones currently available in the English version that are still gatcha-only in the Japanese release are the above three.

The V2 of all of the Straw Hats, as well as many other units [Jimbei, Boa Hancock, etc.] are, of course, gatcha-only in the Japanese version, and will likely remain that way. Namco Bandai need to make some of the units exclusive, otherwise there would be little need for Rainbow Gems [and thus, income for them].

Which proves my point. Bandai had to make gimmicks to stop Vivi/Lion Song Zoro combination because of how strong that meta is.

A multi *trash* mob room is no threat to high level Vivi/Lion Song Zoro composition. This only applies to Laboon comp because of how low level that team has to be to pull off that combo.
I didn't say he wasn't good, I was merely clarifying his faults that makes him only suitable for islands that fills certain checklists. Any island with a boss that frequently lock captains (Garp), multi-boss (Doflamingo), healing specials (Ivankov) or bosses that do more damage than Vivi can heal (40-stm Mihawk and most other 40/60 stm islands) will be a tough fight for him. The point is, he's not perfect, which makes Asura Zoro (or Laboon) a better option for many islands. (<-- this argument started when you said that Asura will become obsolete soon)

Well since you love him so much I hope you spend some gems on him, I'm gonna need him for Mihawk. :p

So. This double drop chance event already started?

Midnight PST (~9 hours left)

Second Gear luffy
skinny alvida
non evolved arlong
Golden hammer Usop

What should my final STR unit be

Well for right now, Mr. 2, Morgan, and Pearl are the only three left. None of them are particularly amazing from what I can see, but Pearl's ability seems like it'd be good for your team if you put him in one of the two middle slots.

Edit: Oh. Arm Point Chopper is another option I suppose. Doesn't really seem worth it, though.

Hiro45

Banned
Well for right now, Mr. 2, Morgan, and Pearl are the only three left. None of them are particularly amazing from what I can see, but Pearl's ability seems like it'd be good for your team if you put him in one of the two middle slots.

Edit: Oh. Arm Point Chopper is another option I suppose. Doesn't really seem worth it, though.

What about Kuroobi

Rurunaki

I didn't say he wasn't good, I was merely clarifying his faults that makes him only suitable for islands that fills certain checklists. Any island with a boss that frequently lock captains (Garp), multi-boss (Doflamingo), healing specials (Ivankov) or bosses that do more damage than Vivi can heal (40-stm Mihawk and most other 40/60 stm islands) will be a tough fight for him. The point is, he's not perfect, which makes Asura Zoro (or Laboon) a better option for many islands. (<-- this argument started when you said that Asura will become obsolete soon)

Well since you love him so much I hope you spend some gems on him, I'm gonna need him for Mihawk. :p

Midnight PST (~9 hours left)

Gear 3rd Luffy, Towel Nami, and Lion Zoro.. will definitely spend gems trying to get them.

Rurunaki

I suggest Axe Hand Morgan/Mr. 2.. Axe Hand in prep for removal of lockdowns.

RalchAC

I think today i've got 3 Red Teen Turtles (now I have 5) and 2 Aldivas (now I have 3). I'll wait until the Extra EXP days and use them to make the leveling less painful that it usually is.

As other people here, I'm interested in building a STR team for Mihawk. I've found in our beloved OPTC blog this info.

For what I've read there I think the best unit is Iron Pearl's EVO for the food to STR conversion. My party should look like this when he appears.

2nd Gear Luffy (Captain)
2nd Gear Luffy / 3rd Gear Luffy (Friend)
Arlong (I'll farm him on his Extra Island)
Aldiva (leveling her up)
Iron Pearl on Fire
God Ussop.

Rurunaki

I think today i've got 3 Red Teen Turtles (now I have 5) and 2 Aldivas (now I have 3). I'll wait until the Extra EXP days and use them to make the leveling less painful that it usually is.

As other people here, I'm interested in building a STR team for Mihawk. I've found in our beloved OPTC blog this info.

For what I've read there I think the best unit is Iron Pearl's EVO for the food to STR conversion. My party should look like this when he appears.

2nd Gear Luffy (Captain)
2nd Gear Luffy / 3rd Gear Luffy (Friend)
Arlong (I'll farm him on his Extra Island)
Aldiva (leveling her up)
Iron Pearl on Fire
God Ussop.

Pretty much my STR team as of the moment

Top Bottom