• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RedBoot

I'm definitely future proof for most content unless they introduce a super tough STR boss early (see Kuma), since I'm missing Boa, Capone, and Thatch, who are major players.

Speaking of Kuma, what's been the general response to him so far? I was away from the computer all weekend, so I didn't read anything about him on the reddit. Just at a glance, he seems amazing (also, he amazingly makes Satori useful).

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I dunno if you noticed but Bandai are making new bosses immune to Mihawk/WB specials. WB would still kill most raids based on pure damage output, but Mihawk is getting screwed a bit. The 30% specials have to be used at the beginning of the turn, but Nightmare Luffy and Kuma have a combo shield that blocks all damage until a certain number of hits has been reached, making said specials useless. Just some food for thought.
I meant BBs, but your point still applies. It makes sense though. They want to promote new teams that consist of new characters in order for people to keep pulling. That and at Japan's end, there are probably combinations of characters that reduce a raid boss's HP to like 20 percent and then Doffy bursts them down in 1 turn, making stuff super boring.

Also about Kuma, I've read that he basically makes a whole bunch of different characters viable now. That and he's like usual, a stat/special beast.

Heng

I tap the whole time, not sure if it works. Didn't get Heng or chrono so far
I'm so sorry, my phone died. Do you still want to tap?

Also, how does everyone keep they're phone charged throughout the day? I think I might need a new battery...

RalchAC

I dunno if you noticed but Bandai are making new bosses immune to Mihawk/WB specials. WB would still kill most raids based on pure damage output, but Mihawk is getting screwed a bit. The 30% specials have to be used at the beginning of the turn, but Nightmare Luffy and Kuma have a combo shield that blocks all damage until a certain number of hits has been reached, making said specials useless. Just some food for thought.

In general it seems like they're trying to force players outside the comfort zone. They've blocked Mihawk during Kuma, but during the Buster Call they used an anti-Rayleigh debuff.

Considering the original game debuff became a bit worthless after the arrival of sockets, looks like a welcome addition to me.

Hisoka

I'm so sorry, my phone died. Do you still want to tap?

Also, how does everyone keep they're phone charged throughout the day? I think I might need a new battery...

Whoa. Np, i feel you, my phone days after a half day if i play lol.
Let's tap
Edit: thanks for keys :D

koryuken

I meant BBs, but your point still applies. It makes sense though. They want to promote new teams that consist of new characters in order for people to keep pulling. That and at Japan's end, there are probably combinations of characters that reduce a raid boss's HP to like 20 percent and then Doffy bursts them down in 1 turn, making stuff super boring.

Also about Kuma, I've read that he basically makes a whole bunch of different characters viable now. That and he's like usual, a stat/special beast.

Yes - To me it is clear that Bandai does not want a single Legend that can clear all content. They want you to collect many legends (i.e. spend $$$ on pulls). First it was WB and Mihawk that could clear all content -- then we got Enel, Duval raids, and the "force field" buff for Kuma and NM Luffy. Then it was Rayleigh and we got the combo limiter. With that, I am fairly certain that there is going to be some debuff introduced in the future to screw over Log Luffy teams.

pelicansurf

To me it is clear that Bandai does not a single Legend that can clear all content. They want you to collect many legends (i.e. spend $$$ on pulls). First it was WB and Mihawk that could clear all content -- then we got Enel, Duval raids, and the "force field" buff for Kuma and NM Luffy. Then it was Rayleigh was next and we got the combo limiter. With that, I am fairly certain that there is going to be some debuff introduced in the future to screw over Log Luffy teams.

Yeah, most likely. Maybe a "need 2 greats in a row to break through a shield" or something. Disables both G3 and Log Luffy from insta-winning.

Heng

Whoa. Np, i feel you, my phone days after a half day if i play lol.
Let's tap
Got beli, thanks. Yeah I try my best to use all my stamina as much as I can but my phone dies when OPTC is the only thing I used it for. I might even invest in a spare battery charger so all I have to bring is that and a usb cord.

Also on the topic of adding new mechanics that break certain legends from clearing it, I'm in favor for it. With WB, nothing seems that challenging. Of course I could just use another team to farm, but I really do enjoy planning ahead to use a WB team. If WB was the only thing that is required to clear content, then there'd be no point for me to pull Sugofest anymore and I think I'd get bored of the game at that point.

Got beli, thanks. Yeah I try my best to use all my stamina as much as I can but my phone dies when OPTC is the only thing I used it for. I might even invest in a spare battery charger so all I have to bring is that and a usb cord.

I have to charge my phone daily and I usually wind up <15% battery by the end of the night. I don't know if OPTC is resource intenstive or if this is just the way of things now.

Want to tap before TT btw?

edit: Cola, thanks!

pelicansurf

Or only first four hits do damage -- calling it now ;)
Lol that's pretty good too. In my scenario the last hit does damage, but at a low multiplier, so it'd be very very slow, but maybe possible. In your scenario it's just impossible lol.

Both however make it viable for 2-3x static damage captains which is good!

Heng

Sorry Heng/Hisoka, I had to leave for a bit. I'm ready again, if either of you are interested.
Sorry I went to do something else. Are you still here?

Btw do you guys want to join a discord server to set up friend games easily? It's free to make an account, and has a pretty good app on mobile that'll give you a notification when people are trying to reach you.

EGPCed5.png
Here's what it looks like. When you log on, it'll load conversations that were taking place while the app was offline. You can even set up private conversation with other people as well.

tumblr_n34up6RcJV1trxys9o2_250.gif

I've mind blowned myself and at rank 201, I finally find out that you can touch on the enemy you want to attack whilst attacking so you've got the most optimum route possible.

Enel won't drop ;___;

pelicansurf

I've mind blowned myself and at rank 201, I finally find out that you can touch on the enemy you want to attack whilst attacking so you've got the most optimum route possible.
Lol, I learned this really late as well... But not 201 late. Now learn how to do that mid-combo. That's when the fun starts.

Edit:

It took 16 elders (5 of them being a super success!), a bunch of teens, and like 300,000 beli's worth of baby turtles, but:

PAi6pny.jpg

Those stats. He can get to 1630 attack with cotton candies. My god.

Kyou

Congrats, I should be able to get all my sugofest gains evolved this week.

Of the three returning raids, who's the standout? I dont think I have it in me to hit all three of them super hard.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
It took 16 elders (5 of them being a super success!), a bunch of teens, and like 300,000 beli's worth of baby turtles, but...

Lol, you even fed the babies? That's hilarious. I'm back to penny pinching my beli so I always find babies cost too much to use and prefer to sell them myself. I managed to do 19 runs in my second TT, which was odd considering I missed the first 4-5 minutes. But I got mine to LV86... I'll try to max him tomorrow while I continue my play of the current fortnight.

Congrats on the XP feeding!

Of the three returning raids, who's the standout? I dont think I have it in me to hit all three of them super hard.

Garp, would be my vote.

I like MC personally as a 1,500 STR beatstick and his special has always treated me good. Ivankov is fun, but I haven't really figured out a usage for him other than his really low CD and self orb special. But yeah... that would be an exhausting week to do all three super hard. And who knows, we may get another raid boss this month yet too. Whatever you decide - good luck.

ah_hia

Enel won't drop ;___;
Hang in there Bro. Enel dropped on chapter 5 for me. Just do one stamina bar per day so you don't get burned.

Kyou

Garp, would be my vote.

I like MC personally as a 1,500 STR beatstick and his special has always treated me good. Ivankov is fun, but I haven't really figured out a usage for him other than his really low CD and self orb special. But yeah... that would be an exhausting week to do all three super hard. And who knows, we may get another raid boss this month yet too. Whatever you decide - good luck.
Yeah I was leaning Garp, shouldn't be impossible for me to get a few

ElChado

Neo Member
I have to lay bare the claim of defeat by Enel.

384 runs i counted this past week. scattered across chapters 5 7 and 12.

little over 5 million beli from the runs including selling the fodder.

approximately 20-25 cotton candy between recovery/hp and attack. no +1 all candy.

4 hidden stages on chapter 5, 1 on chapter 12.

over 48 purple lobsters.

I don't want to run skypiea ever again, even if it means i never get a copy of story enel.

For those interested, i believe the calculation for how unlucky i am is, if enel has a normal 1% drop rate and double drop rate makes it 2% by run 384 i had a 99.95726% chance to have him drop in that number of runs.

If he normally has 0.5% drop rate and double made it 1%, by that final run i had a 97.89179% chance to have him drop in that number of runs.

bjork

approximately 20-25 cotton candy between recovery/hp and attack. no +1 all candy.

over 48 purple lobsters.

I don't want to run skypiea ever again, even if it means i never get a copy of story enel.

For those interested, i believe the calculation for how unlucky i am is, if enel has a normal 1% drop rate and double drop rate makes it 2% by run 384 i had a 99.95726% chance to have him drop in that number of runs.

If he normally has 0.5% drop rate and double made it 1%, by that final run i had a 97.89179% chance to have him drop in that number of runs.

Bold 1: a what? I've never seen this item.

Bold 2: that's not how drop rates work, is it

ah_hia

over 48 purple lobsters.

Isn't the average for a drop around 50 - 100 attempts? I know some people can get very unlucky.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

over 48 purple lobsters.

Madness, this is really bad - i stopped after like 20 runs in total for all Skypia units since i didnt get a single drop (no Ohm/Wiper/Enel etc). just wasnt worth my time. So i switched over to the Fortnight to at least get some Kuma skillups...well in 2 days i have only gotten 2 of his books WTF.

Quite frustrating times right now with the ridiculous bad drops all over the place.

I had no issues stopping the Story characters because you can farm them all the time - those arent Raid Stages or Fortnights...there will be enough situations in the future where you can run the stages to burn some stamina before a level up or smth.

Its nice to get them asap but its not like we are getting a new Raidboss this week that cant be cleared without any of these Story Island drops. I got caught up by the rest of the Community...wish i had just farmed Kuma books from the beginning - especially with 2x ending soon.

You will get all the drops at some point...
It took 16 elders (5 of them being a super success!), a bunch of teens, and like 300,000 beli's worth of baby turtles, but:

Congrats man - thats a good look !!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Madness, this is really bad - i stopped after like 20 runs in total for all Skypia units since i didnt get a single drop (no Ohm/Wiper/Enel etc). just wasnt worth my time. So i switched over to the Fortnight to at least get some Kuma skillups...well in 2 days i have only gotten 2 of his books WTF.

Quite frustrating times right now with the ridiculous bad drops all over the place.

I had no issues stopping the Story characters because you can farm them all the time - those arent Raid Stages or Fortnights...there will be enough situations in the future where you can run the stages to burn some stamina before a level up or smth.

Its nice to get them asap but its not like we are getting a new Raidboss this week that cant be cleared without any of these Story Island drops. I got caught up by the rest of the Community...wish i had just farmed Kuma books from the beginning - especially with 2x ending soon.

Don't worry, I only stopped the fortnight for the blue turtle times today and only had 9 Kuma books the whole time.

RalchAC

Hopefully we'll get story drops for FP during the suuuuper Christmas event.

Majukun

having found shit in the Sugofest I don't have anything that really needs turtles... sad
guess I'll focus on maxing the few decent guys aren't maxed yet

ElChado

Neo Member
Bold 1: a what? I've never seen this item.

Bold 2: that's not how drop rates work, is it

there's a special yellow candy that counts as +3 in candy count that gives +1 atk/hp/rcv or +1 all candy.

It's probability related.
Say story drops have 1% drop rate normally. 2x drop should make that 2%

Every attempt at getting the drop on double drop is 2%. Every run 2% chance of it dropping. 1st run 2% chance of the drop, 384th run 2% chance of the drop. However, there is another number independent of the runs that dictates if something has an X% chance to occur then the more attempts taken the probability of it occurring increases . Comically to me, it's like the gamblers fallacy where you can think something is due.

What it's really saying is that, probability or chance wise if you ran that 384 times you have a pretty darn good chance you'd get it in that many runs at a 2% drop rate otherwise, well you're just really unlucky.

You can also think of it a bit like a parabola graph. most people got it in that big middle part of the graph, some got it on their first run, or first couple they're on the far left side of it, very very few of them. Then there's me far off on the right side, a mirror of the people who got it in their first run or so, there aren't many but some will experience this.

Heck i wouldnt be surprised if there's people who-without counting runs-ended up running a stage 500 or 600 times, grinding away every double drop and half stamina day like say the few people who tried to get bon clay since his release or broggy since his release.

Basically statistics and chance and probability is black magic.

Isn't the average for a drop around 50 - 100 attempts? I know some people can get very unlucky.

Yeah most people will end up in the range of 40-80ish, this number coming from guesstimate of runs cited or how long from their first double drop day attempt, just like some can get really lucky and get that drop first story clear or first farm atttempt, others can take 200 and higher.

Qmzn

Neo Member
My new stuff.

Global Sugo: Kidd and G3 Luffy
JP Sugo: Vergo, Buffalo, Capone

Vergo is wicked good, probably the best out of the new batch. Buffalo's captain skill has the possibility of being broke as hell with the right units. Excited.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
argh, got 900k damage then died to franky (300 HP short, 1 turn away from nami v1 pre-evolved special)

Here's the team I'm using:

Captain: X-Drake
Friend Captain: Vista
Subs: Penguin, V1 pre-evolved nami, Robin, Tsuru.

RalchAC

there's a special yellow candy that counts as +3 in candy count that gives +1 atk/hp/rcv or +1 all candy.

Every attempt at getting the drop on double drop is 2%. Every run 2% chance of it dropping. 1st run 2% chance of the drop, 384th run 2% chance of the drop. However, there is another number independent of the runs that dictates if something has an X% chance to occur then the more attempts taken the probability of it occurring increases . Comically to me, it's like the gamblers fallacy where you can think something is due.

What it's really saying is that, probability or chance wise if you ran that 384 times you have a pretty darn good chance you'd get it in that many runs at a 2% drop rate otherwise, well you're just really unlucky.

You can also think of it a bit like a parabola graph. most people got it in that big middle part of the graph, some got it on their first run, or first couple they're on the far left side of it, very very few of them. Then there's me far off on the right side, a mirror of the people who got it in their first run or so, there aren't many but some will experience this.

Heck i wouldnt be surprised if there's people who-without counting runs-ended up running a stage 500 or 600 times, grinding away every double drop and half stamina day like say the few people who tried to get bon clay since his release or broggy since his release.

Basically statistics and chance and probability is black magic.

Yeah most people will end up in the range of 40-80ish, this number coming from guesstimate of runs cited or how long from their first double drop day attempt, just like some can get really lucky and get that drop first story clear or first farm atttempt, others can take 200 and higher.

TL;DR: RNG is a bitch and it was your turn to get the short(est) end of the stick.

TL;DR2:
265965.jpg

In the end, luck won't always be on your side. I remember I had like the worst Sugo luck in the first few Sugos (G3, WB1 and Supernovas 1). After that my luck improved. I've got crap luck with Doublefinger so far and a terrible one with Mr.1, but Croco dropped after like 20 runs. Just play what you feel like playing, have fun and do 2-3 runs whenever you feel like it. Doing otherwise is bad and not fun at all, and why play if you aren't having fun?

I got my Enel in less than 50 runs of the final stage (I didn't get the title). However, I was insanely unlucky with Mr. 2. I had to have run his stages ~1k times or more and he never dropped.
Then I got two of him during the Sugo, >_>.

Nibel

Lol, I learned this really late as well... But not 201 late. Now learn how to do that mid-combo. That's when the fun starts.

Edit:

PAi6pny.jpg

Good lord almighty

pelicansurf

Lol, you even fed the babies? That's hilarious. I'm back to penny pinching my beli so I always find babies cost too much to use and prefer to sell them myself. I managed to do 19 runs in my second TT, which was odd considering I missed the first 4-5 minutes. But I got mine to LV86... I'll try to max him tomorrow while I continue my play of the current fortnight.

Congrats on the XP feeding!

Lol yeah. He was at like 40ish thousand XP to max and I was out of everything but babies. I couldn't help myself! I managed to do around 26 runs or so, but that was nonstop + 3 gems.

bjork

I had never heard of this. I always just figured that you'd have 2% at best on some drops, and you just needed to beat your head against it long enough to get lucky.

ah_hia

What is it with people going for 200 to 1000 runs for a drop? I'm not gonna farm for story drop unless it's x2 now because of this.

@bjork I always assumed that it was 2% chance when 2x per run as well.

bjork

What is it with people going for 200 to 1000 runs for a drop? I'm not gonna farm for story drop unless it's x2 now because of this.

I try running stuff because I want to complete the character log, at least for farmable stuff. But I think the one I have the most tries on is Chess, at probably about 100 runs, on 2x days and on regular days too. Usually I get a few in, then realize that I'm running for CHESS, and I just shake my head and go play something else.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Got Ace to level 92 thanks to today's blue turtles.

He's finally approaching an acceptable level of damage... |:
Quick units are so bad in general. Most have a non-quick counterpart that is better in every way. I guess Hina is probably a bit better than Paulie, but that's it.

koryuken

I dont know either, he's not even that good imo. I chose to max Urogue's special instead and no regrets.

RedBoot

Yup. I did start out last week focusing on getting Wyper to drop, simply because I wanted to use his skill books from the fortnight while we still had the skill up event running. I got him in six runs, so I moved onto Enel just for fun (and because I was getting shit drops from the fortnight). Enel took me something like 30 runs of the final stage, but I got him.

Of course, I've gotten a grand total of one Wyper book from the fortnight (I've gotten 5 each of Kuma and Urouge), so that part of the plan didn't work out. :p I'm interested to see if the drop rates change after the skill event ends...there's still a paranoid part of me that thinks the drop rates vary over the two weeks.

As for story characters, I've probably tried for Mr. 3 over 100 times without even a beli bag, so we all have our white whales. Luckily, I just pulled him in the last sugo, so I can give up on that one (although I pulled his evolved form, so if I ever want to complete the pokedex...).

Quick units are so bad in general. Most have a non-quick counterpart that is better in every way. I guess Hina is probably a bit better than Paulie, but that's it.

Is there a reason so many quick units are so ... bad? I've noticed a handful e.g. ace are at least quite tanky, but that's about it.

Only exception may be Capone, his attack seems ridiculously good for such a good orb unit.

ElChado

Neo Member
I dont know either, he's not even that good imo. I chose to max Urogue's special instead and no regrets.

for me anyway enel started out as something id run on stamina regen for a day or two that turned into, wow still no drop well let's try a bit more, and it turned into a mission that i had to get him to drop now that turned into a sort of experiment of how many runs will it take for him to drop.

I still need to max my urouge-i got him after hogback-so that's what im doing this final skill up day, but i sort of totally lost myself in that trance of running enel.

Is there a reason so many quick units are so ... bad? I've noticed a handful e.g. ace are at least quite tanky, but that's about it.

Only exception may be Capone, his attack seems ridiculously good for such a good orb unit.

They're quick not strong like strength, hah. But it seems like all the colours have a top 5that are at least at or around 1300atk, but i'll agree quick feels like it doesnt have too many strong units that arent hard to get.

You want sad? if you take out the gods-shanks, sabo and sengoku-that breed filler fortnight kung fu dugong is the 7th highest attack psy/yellow unit in japan

Jayhawk

Kaku is now 94 and Hina is 92. Hancock was already 99. I'll finally get to test her out against Monster Chopper.

Double Hancock, Kaku, Hina, Capone, and GP Usopp should handle MC easily.

Heng

I can't wait to get the quick version of Enel (screw you psy Enel -_-), he has over 1400 attack at max level and has great captain special. Even better is that he's a striker! Also Killer is a really good quick unit.

Like ElChado said, psy Enel started off as something I wanted to fill my pokedex but after 10 runs of not getting him, it became personal. I've given up on him (for now...) and I'm going to farm whatever the next fortnight that's coming up.

Jayhawk

I can't wait to get the quick version of Enel (screw you psy Enel -_-), he has over 1400 attack at max level and has great captain special. Even better is that he's a striker! Also Killer is a really good quick unit.

QCK Enel friend captain paired with my Boa Hancock as captain is pretty powerful. I am eager for his arrival as raid boss to global whenever that happens.

Top Bottom