• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Kyou

Those and the base Ace books in Lucci's fortnight make me sad.

Tsuru's drops in general are pretty dire. I wouldn't mind getting Tsuru copies and Impact Usopp books, but there's really nothing else in there for me (since I have Valentine maxed and don't have G3).

I'm real close to maxing I. Ussop and have nothing else in particular to grind today so I figured why not, but -man-. I might just not even bother.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
The runs net me so much beli i went from around 7.2 mil to over 12 mil i dont think i'll ever have beli problems again.

The beli haul is a good thing, I find that early on players underestimate the cost of things later because the focus is always on saving gems. Once I broke 10 million myself I didn't have anymore worries, you are definitely in a good spot.

I'm out of stuff to do so I'm just farming for Kuma and Aisa skill books. Evolved Enel, Maxed Log Luffy, skill maxed Wyper + Kamakiri, and I have Ohm. I guess I could try to get Bellamy. Besides that, I literally am out of valuable content. Guess it'll be an off week.

I'm going to try to drop Enel and hunt for Cotton Candy for the remaining week. If I manage to succeed I'm going back for Chessmarimo. I'm looking for units in particular that have an orb changing, so going back to see what I've missed is my current mission.

I have this sinking feeling December will be loaded. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Christmas event day and date like Japan. And I wouldn't be shocked if we got Enel or Doffy as the next raid very soon. Whatever the case may be, I just hope it doesn't fall on an odd date given the holiday season. I'm also anticipating Whitebeard 3 as the next batch for a December Sugo.

Tsuru's drops in general are pretty dire. I wouldn't mind getting Tsuru copies and Impact Usopp books, but there's really nothing else in there for me (since I have Valentine maxed and don't have G3).

I wasn't a big fan of the Skypiea fortnight, but in combination with Tsuru - this might be the worst week or so ever. Makes sense they would run the three raids simultaneously during this time.

RedBoot

I wasn't a big fan of the Skypiea fortnight, but in combination with Tsuru - this might be the worst week or so ever. Makes sense they would run the three raids simultaneously during this time.

The weird thing is, I think the Skypeia fortnight has a lot of nice stuff: Kuma, Urouge, Wyper, and Braham books are all decent to good, and I think Raki and Kamakiri have their uses. The problem is that the books seem so rare, and the fortnight characters need 6-7 levels just to bring them into usable range. So many other fortnights offer more for less investment.

A lot of the Skypeia units feel a little underpowered, actually (look at Yama: worse than Fire Pearl in every way, despite coming out so much later in the content). Maybe they thought the Blue Sea debuff would be more relevant?

Jayhawk

Put up max level Boa Hancock for Monster Chopper as my captain. For people using her as a friend captain paired with an Ace or Jozu captain, I'd like to know how it turns out.

Wazzy

Banned
So I need some recommendation on blue teams since I got a couple units this sugo that are really helping me out with future fights requiring QCK teams.

So blue members:
Kuro(evolved)
Voyage Usopp(evolved)
Halloween Zoro
Jozu(evolved)
Killer(evolved)
Jinbei(evolved)
Halloween Nami
Ace(evolved)
Bege
Ivankov
Tashigi(evolved)
Hina
Lucci
Kaku
Lulu
Koza
Brook
All the Sanji's(prince, regular, etc)

I ask because with this blue TT I can use the turtles I got to get some units levelled up.

Heng

Double killer is definitely the fastest for (I don't have G3 or Rayleigh). I can clear the run in 14 turns, with WB it takes me 16 turns (and no one has him up), and Jozu + Hancock took over 20 turns.

Put up max level Boa Hancock for Monster Chopper as my captain. For people using her as a friend captain paired with an Ace or Jozu captain, I'd like to know how it turns out.
It was pretty bad in my experience. I forgot she had to be at a certain health in order to have her captain special, and it took me more than 3 turns to kill him. It would have much easier if I remembered this and probably could have killed him in 5 or 6 turns.

GP Usopp is much better than log Usopp in this situation, I didn't realize he only delay for 2 turns instead of 3. Log Usopp would be better in situations where you don't need the extra turn to kill the boss.

makaveli13

Neo Member
I quite enjoy when raids like monster chopper come back around, I get a good appreciation of how much stronger my teams are. For MC I am running 2xRay, HW zoro, Kaku, Lucci, GP usopp. All Max lvl and max skill. MC doesn't stand a chance.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
0/24 YOLO Monster Chopper feeds. Lol @ me.

I used a Rayleigh team, Mihawk team, Killer team, and a Log Lufty team. They all steam rolled Monster Chopper with zero effort, Log Luffy being the fastest by a good bit, with the capacity to 1-shot monster chopper.

chrono01

0/24 YOLO Monster Chopper feeds. Lol @ me.
:(

I'm not going to bother farming Monster Chopper. I don't have a lot of the recommended QCK members [Killer, Jozu, etc.], and I kind of want to wait until sockets. However, I'll keep refreshing my Ace so those that are can use him [if anyone needs to]. Best of luck to you all!

RedBoot

Cleared 40stam MC easily with Mihawk/Mihawk, H.Zoro, Lucci, Vista, and GP Usopp. Probably won't grind it, but I might grab a few more tomorrow.

Also, I'm having amazing luck with story drops over the last few days. I had some extra stamina, so I ran Baratie 3 and finally got Zeff (months and months after I stopped farming him weekly). Had enough for one more run, so I did Rainbase 1 and got the Sea Cat (just in time to skill him up during Duck Squad…because the Sea Cat is so useful…)

ElChado

Neo Member
Well good for everyone who didnt max marco/usopp. I'll be over here running story mode or the return fortnights if they're decent.

If bonney got any use whatsoever i'd actually run duck squad. So have fun everyone with the 99% hp attack first turn.

On another note, new missions! Should be fun to finish those first day.

RalchAC

Cleared 40stam MC easily with Mihawk/Mihawk, H.Zoro, Lucci, Vista, and GP Usopp. Probably won't grind it, but I might grab a few more tomorrow.

Also, I'm having amazing luck with story drops over the last few days. I had some extra stamina, so I ran Baratie 3 and finally got Zeff (months and months after I stopped farming him weekly). Had enough for one more run, so I did Rainbase 1 and got the Sea Cat (just in time to skill him up during Duck Squad…because the Sea Cat is so useful…)

Monster Chopper feels so easy with Slashers. I use Lucci, Brook and H. Zoro. I use Zoro's special in stage 4, then Mihawk and Usopp in 5 and I can kill him in 2-3 turns.

Well good for everyone who didnt max marco/usopp. I'll be over here running story mode or the return fortnights if they're decent.

If bonney got any use whatsoever i'd actually run duck squad. So have fun everyone with the 99% hp attack first turn.

On another note, new missions! Should be fun to finish those first day.

I used 35 Marco books and got like 3 skill ups and I'm 3 away from maxing Usopp. So I'm going to run to run them as much as possible.

Hopefully I can max both next week.

I've done it twice, I'll do a few more runs. I'm like at 9800 exp from a level up, so I'll play again when I have full stamina and do some Turtle Time runs. Those should have been yesterday :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Double killer is definitely the fastest for (I don't have G3 or Rayleigh). I can clear the run in 14 turns, with WB it takes me 16 turns (and no one has him up), and Jozu + Hancock took over 20 turns.
What does your Killer team look like?

linkent

:(

I'm not going to bother farming Monster Chopper. I don't have a lot of the recommended QCK members [Killer, Jozu, etc.], and I kind of want to wait until sockets. However, I'll keep refreshing my Ace so those that are can use him [if anyone needs to]. Best of luck to you all!
Always thought you have Jozu,
You can try Mihawk team.
2x Mihawk
H.Zoro, Lucci
GodUsopp, mr.1/Koza/strong quick slasher.

cw_sasuke

Killer, Capone, Usopp, Sanji, and Kaku. Sanji and Kaku really isn't necessary so you could sub in Halloween Zoro or Lucci.

Thanks.

I cleared it as well with Killer, Thatch, Kaku, HZoro and Usopp.

Brought Zoro instead of Sanji got safe stage 4 clears. Was gonna bring Jimbei since he is maxed but decided to try Thatch instead...and man his active is ridiculous good lol. He will be part of every QCK team of mine for now.

Will be using that squad if I farm Mc some time next year.

xrokis

In other news, finally got a Croc to drop last night. Got the 50 clears on the final stage of Alubarna en route to it, too. Now to see if I can get him evolved in time to help out with Garp on Saturday (I don't need him, but it'd certainly be an upgrade).

nice! got him to finally drop too yesterday :)
biXKzUE.jpg

my mc team i settled on:
Maxhawk/Maxhawk
Lucci / Halloween Zoro
GP / Kohza

it's super easy and safe. you can easily stall for all specials and wreck MC in a few turns
already got a couple special ups, just need a few more for when doffy drops later this month :p

cw_sasuke

Oh red turtles today...totally forgot about that.Hope i can level my BB a bit later this evening.

Switching between Thatch and Killer now.

bjork

Saw Sea Cat in the list of books for the duck squad, and didn't have one. Got it on the second run. Hope this means my blue lobster hunt is equally as quick today.

edit - aw yeah. the stage is even titled "don't give up" but I was like "easy for you to say, game." Lobster on the 7th go. Time to evolve Thatch and see how these turtles do for him... level 57, not bad.

Kinda makes me wish I hadn't been using stones to expand box space, I gotta wait for a stamina refill before I do turtle times. Oh well, that was still satisfying. :)

linkent

Sorry off topic >.<

Phantom of the kill is out at Canada store.
Apparently there are server selection.
Anyone wanna start a thread?

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
A lot of the Skypeia units feel a little underpowered, actually (look at Yama: worse than Fire Pearl in every way, despite coming out so much later in the content). Maybe they thought the Blue Sea debuff would be more relevant?

The fortnight was a little unbalanced with all the fodder drops, that being said I used that opportunity to skill up/level the skypiea enforcers since they were all orb changers. It did have 'decent' drops to an extent given what was available, but it's like you said the units themselves felt a little underpowered and skillbooks were hit/miss. Which is making me evaluate further how I want to run a fortnight nowadays and what's worth taking up space in my character box (ie. looking at you Duck Squad).

You bring up a good point about the blue sea debuff, I have to imagine for a lot of players it did nothing. But I still did see anecdotal posts here and there on various OPTC dialogue spots about bringing units that weren't affected.

In the end, we got Aisa out of this fortnight so all we need now is a QCK nullifier.

I mean, it's totally doable, even with my low level subs, but I always have to use one or even two Boa special to bring the HP above 70% again, and that's not really a description of "confidence" to me. :D

I was watching a stream with this team, it's definitely a low margin of error at the end given the damage you need to take for specials. If I had Boa I'd put her up to assist... (join my crew Boa!)... good luck in your (and everyone else) farming though.

Also, ouch on your 0/24 pelican... hopefully that turns around.

RalchAC

There's so much on the map

I need MC copies, two Dragons and there is TT too. Damn lol.

Sorry off topic >.<

Phantom of the kill is out at Canada store.
Apparently there are server selection.
Anyone wanna start a thread?

After enduring the Hati raid on Chain Chronicle I said never again. I don't trust Gumi when it comes to managing their games tbh. Which is a shame, because I liked the game itself a lot.

So I'm not in.

I'm waiting for the new Digimon game, the Linkz one. I've been feeling like playing digimon since I watched the adventure tri ova.

Majukun

duck squadron is pretty useless for me apart from marco's skillbooks..i need two skillups for max...hope he doesn't drop as scarcely as kuma..got only 6 skilbooks since the start.

linkent

After enduring the Hati raid on Chain Chronicle I said never again. I don't trust Gumi when it comes to managing their games tbh. Which is a shame, because I liked the game itself a lot.

So I'm not in.

I'm waiting for the new Digimon game, the Linkz one. I've been feeling like playing digimon since I watched the adventure tri ova.

Didnt know it was that bad, will try it abit.
The best thing about those f2p games is that we can bail out anytime without any investment except time :D

The previous Digimon game is horrible.
No free gem, expensive box upgrade.

Hopefully this one is better.

Sorry offtopic again >.<

bjork

I completely forgot, but a few people here tipped me off to Duck Squad having a bunch of animal drops. Looking forward to it now, this is going to save me a bunch of trying to farm these guys on regular levels.

I decided to take on MC with my Mihawk slasher team, partly due to me never clearing his 40 stamina version.

(2x mihawk: GP Sopp, Lucci, Brook & H.Zoro);

That was really close, lol. If I had taken 1 turn longer I would've been toast.

Copons

I was watching a stream with this team, it's definitely a low margin of error at the end given the damage you need to take for specials. If I had Boa I'd put her up to assist... (join my crew Boa!)... good luck in your (and everyone else) farming though.

Actually, after doing a couple more runs, I say that I shouldn't fear using Boa's special, as it's part of this team strategy.
The 7K she heals is enough to bring my team's HP over 8K (more or less the 70% limit to trigger Boa's ability), so I can actually stall all the way down to 1-2K HP, and heal myself during MC first couple of turns, while also farming for blue orbs.
As Jayhawk mentioned, this team can deal over 1.2M damage (I just did 1.1M with full blue, except a green orb for Sanji), so it's a matter of 2 turns to kill MC.
In case of bad orb luck, it can also stand a MC attack, and then heal with the second Boa's special.

cw_sasuke

duck squadron is pretty useless for me apart from marco's skillbooks..i need two skillups for max...hope he doesn't drop as scarcely as kuma..got only 6 skilbooks since the start.

Useless + Marco skillboss = does not compute....xD

Actually i was waiting for that stage to finish my Marco but i got ridiculous lucky with skillups the last events that i dont need them anymore.

I might use the time to farm some of the Story drops.
I decided to take on MC with my Mihawk slasher team, partly due to me never clearing his 40 stamina version.

(2x mihawk: GP Sopp, Lucci, Brook & H.Zoro);

That was really close, lol. If I had taken 1 turn longer I would've been toast.

Nice - actually i also just beat 40 stam for the first time. Seems like i only played the 30 stam version when he first appeared...glad that i got another clearing orb.

ElChado

Neo Member

marco isnt the big book drop this time it's bonney so marco books can drop from all the mini bosses i believe, i think the praying mantis was the one that drops usopp books?

marco isnt the big book drop this time it's bonney so marco books can drop from all the mini bosses i believe, i think the praying mantis was the one that drops usopp books?

I really want those usopp books, he's basically my biggest "vital" unit that I haven't maxed yet. (in fact, I don't have ANY levels up on him yet...)

gonna grind the shit out of duck squad to get levels up on him.

So, I was away last week and couldn't post about my Sugo results. I went overboard with 31 pulls, but it was worth it for the new units I received:

New
4* Marco (Second to last pull)
4* Trafalgar Law
4* Curiel
4* Rakuyo
4* Shanks
4* Log Chopper
3* Mr. 2 (x2)
(I spent over 1k runs farming him since the summer, only to get 2 here, o_O)

Dupes
4* Golden Pound Usopp
4* Tabasco Star Usopp (x2)
3* Hammer Usopp
4* X-Drake
4* Scratchman Apoo (x2)
4* Miss All Sunday
4* Vista
4* MH5 Don Krieg
4* Mr. Prince
4* Nefertari Vivi
3* Miss Wednesday
4* Ensign Tashigi
3* Tashigi
3* Monkey D. Luffy
3* Nami
3* Sanji
3* Tony Tony Chopper (x2)
3* Captain Kuro
3* Fire Pell
3* Buggy (what a horrible final pull, >_>)

155 is a lot of gems to spend, but I getting Marco and Law opened up a wealth of new team possibilities for me. Curiel and Rakuyo are also great gets. The dupes helped a bit too, as I evolved the Tabasco Usopps then fed them + the GP dupe to my GP for a rank up (at 13 CD now) and I finished my Chopper Pokedex entries using the Chopper dupes.

I was also super lucky with story drops last week as I got: Enel, Ohm, Wiper, Gedatsu and Braham.

Heng

Thanks.

I cleared it as well with Killer, Thatch, Kaku, HZoro and Usopp.

Brought Zoro instead of Sanji got safe stage 4 clears. Was gonna bring Jimbei since he is maxed but decided to try Thatch instead...and man his active is ridiculous good lol. He will be part of every QCK team of mine for now.

Will be using that squad if I farm Mc some time next year.
Nice, I still need Thatch. I might copy you and replace Sanji for Halloween Zoro since it takes less turn for his special on top of making that wave easier.

If it was water 7, that means we can't be too far off. Good timing, as I finally started saving dupes. Wish I had done it all along, but hindsight etc.

Water 7: 24th of june

duval: 10th of july

4 dot 0: july 21-22 I believe.

So pretty much an exact month after water 7.

Jayhawk

Actually, after doing a couple more runs, I say that I shouldn't fear using Boa's special, as it's part of this team strategy.
The 7K she heals is enough to bring my team's HP over 8K (more or less the 70% limit to trigger Boa's ability), so I can actually stall all the way down to 1-2K HP, and heal myself during MC first couple of turns, while also farming for blue orbs.
As Jayhawk mentioned, this team can deal over 1.2M damage (I just did 1.1M with full blue, except a green orb for Sanji), so it's a matter of 2 turns to kill MC.
In case of bad orb luck, it can also stand a MC attack, and then heal with the second Boa's special.

Aww yeah! Feel the power of the double Hancock. If you have max Marco special, you can even incorporate him into your teams for another heal because his damage is boosted by the captain abilities. Even GP Usopp does decent damage in a double Hancock team.

Another trick to running with a Hancock team is to not waste meat orbs during the stalling stages. Use them wisely!

Not really feeling MC this time, what with the red turtle time and all. At least I know my 2x Jozu team can beat him, so I can farm him some other time.

Copons

Aww yeah! Feel the power of the double Hancock. If you have max Marco special, you can even incorporate him into your teams for another heal because his damage is boosted by the captain abilities. Even GP Usopp does decent damage in a double Hancock team.

Another trick to running with a Hancock team is to not waste meat orbs during the stalling stages. Use them wisely!

Seeing Usopp dealing actual damage is worth wasting real cash to pull Boa! :D

But anyway, Marco is cool and everything, but it doesn't really fit in my team, both because it's special is too under-leveled, and because I'd rather have more QCK people to maximize the damage against MC.
(even tho he'd probably deal more damage than, for example, my low level Hina, who, in a team without orb changers, has a very hit or miss special)

Not really feeling MC this time, what with the red turtle time and all. At least I know my 2x Jozu team can beat him, so I can farm him some other time.
Garp is going to fall under the same circumstances w/ him running the 4th-5th while the 5th has another turtle time. I wish that Iva and Garp's spots were swapped.

Top Bottom