• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

For some reason after the Sugo I sorta lost a "drive" for this game. Even when I earn a stamina overflow, I don't feel like spending it all at once like I did during earlier events.

I really need to fix that so I don't lag behind when it comes to future raids and such. I think I partially blame Chain Chronicle's recent new content and character types. ;[

Maybe participating here more will get me in the mood to play more.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hopefully we'll get story drops for FP during the suuuuper Christmas event.

Really hope so - finally something useful to do with out FP points. Would be nice to get unit i havent gotten yet like Dorry.
Yup. I did start out last week focusing on getting Wyper to drop, simply because I wanted to use his skill books from the fortnight while we still had the skill up event running. I got him in six runs, so I moved onto Enel just for fun (and because I was getting shit drops from the fortnight). Enel took me something like 30 runs of the final stage, but I got him.

Of course, I've gotten a grand total of one Wyper book from the fortnight (I've gotten 5 each of Kuma and Urouge), so that part of the plan didn't work out. :p I'm interested to see if the drop rates change after the skill event ends...there's still a paranoid part of me that thinks the drop rates vary over the two weeks.

As for story characters, I've probably tried for Mr. 3 over 100 times without even a beli bag, so we all have our white whales. Luckily, I just pulled him in the last sugo, so I can give up on that one (although I pulled his evolved form, so if I ever want to complete the pokedex...).
Your post made me check out Wiper for the first time....erm damn - didnt know he was a 2,25x Shooter Captain, so he is the best until we get Zephyr. But yeah his skillbooks are very rare as well..in general the skillbook drops in the current Fortnight are kinda shitty. Probably the reason why Bamco had it running the same time as the x2 skill up chance lol.

Fed 3 Kuma books i farmed and got zero skillups...well -.-

Is Story Enel just a trophy or can he be used for specific fortnight/raid teams ? Dont see when he would be better than Impact Usopp.
For some reason after the Sugo I sorta lost a "drive" for this game. Even when I earn a stamina overflow, I don't feel like spending it all at once like I did during earlier events.

I really need to fix that so I don't lag behind when it comes to future raids and such. I think I partially blame Chain Chronicle's recent new content and character types. ;[

Maybe participating here more will get me in the mood to play more.

I couldnt care less about Sugos tbh - they are a nice bonus but the meat of the game are the Fortnights and Raids. Getting BB as early was a wake up call, Doffy and Zephyr cant be too far away now..the fact that Bamco is switching around content means i am even more willing to work on those subs/teams.

Also looking forward to whatever Holiday/Christmas event we are getting...between the latest QoL changes(dat 500box)/Halloween Event/Blackbeard/Log Luffy Sugo etc. we have had some nice weeks.

I couldnt care less about Sugos tbh - they are a nice bonus but the meat of the game are the Fortnights and Raids. Getting BB as early was a wake up call, Doffy and Zephyr cant be too far away now..the fact that Bamco is switching around content means i am even more willing to work on those subs/teams.

Also looking forward to whatever Holiday/Christmas event we are getting...between the latest QoL changes(dat 500box)/Halloween Event/Blackbeard/Log Luffy Sugo etc. we have had some nice weeks.

Yeah, BB showing up when he did was certainly a surprise. Maybe if a holiday event appears and kicks my ass I'll be more driven to farm for units/buff em up I don't have like Croc/Mr.1/etc. (I'll be honest, was sorta hoping some of those would drop while pulling during sugo, haha.)

RedBoot

Is Story Enel just a trophy or can he be used for specific fortnight/raid teams ? Dont see when he would be better than Impact Usopp.

If there's a setup that requires GP Usopp, then Enel would give you a PSY booster since you wouldn't be able to use Impact Usopp there. Beyond that, he's got one of the best stat totals for PSY and Shooter characters.

I guess he's a lot like Croc - great stats, and nice to have, but not really required for anything. Although I did hear that Enel gets used in some Aokiji teams.

I'm probably incredibly slow/late on the uptake but this is awesome:

swaeC4r.png

I assume this is probably only for the event going on now, but I wish they did this even for just regular Turtle Times.

Heng

I'm probably incredibly slow/late on the uptake but this is awesome:

I assume this is probably only for the event going on now, but I wish they did this even for just regular Turtle Times.
I hope this is a sign that it will come soon, I'm tired of waking up at 5/7 am for my turtle times so I've been skipping them lately.

RalchAC

I hope this is a sign that it will come soon, I'm tired of waking up at 5/7 am for my turtle times so I've been skipping them lately.

I don't think they'll change the normal ones, but the current ones should be quite used in the future.

Grabbed 3 Elders, like 12 medium ones and evolved 6 pigs. Will use them on my Jozu as soon as I evolve him.

For Monster Chopper (tomorrow?) I'll use a 2x Mihawk team or a Jozu+Ace team. Hopefully I can grab like 30 copies for the next event.

I can't wait to get the quick version of Enel (screw you psy Enel -_-), he has over 1400 attack at max level and has great captain special. Even better is that he's a striker! Also Killer is a really good quick unit.

Like ElChado said, psy Enel started off as something I wanted to fill my pokedex but after 10 runs of not getting him, it became personal. I've given up on him (for now...) and I'm going to farm whatever the next fortnight that's coming up.

I got enel for my turtle stomping team.

with 2x marco you don't really need Fullbody, 6x PSY units with 800+ attack basically guarantees you can KO elders with a yellow orb on anyone.

Mazre

JP Sugo:

Landed a Jimbe, Jabra, Inazuma, regular Ace, and some dupes. Not a bad haul.

Edit: Ooh and a Caesar, nice.

theDonutking

Neo Member
What's the best team for farming turtle time? I've been using a navy rainbow team and hoping for TND slots to come up but it doesn't seem as efficient due the the randomness. And with that, the most I've ever been able to run is my stamina bar (85stam atm). Do 3x/9x or burst teams work better?

Side note: Twitter flag my account as spam. Thanks, snail transponders.

Mazre

What's the best team for farming turtle time? I've been using a navy rainbow team and hoping for TND slots to come up but it doesn't seem as efficient due the the randomness. do 3x/9x or burst teams work better?

Side note: Twitter flag my account as spam. Thanks, snail transponders.

Double 3x leads generally make the best turtle teams though 2.5x teams can get the job done with orbs well enough. Fullbody takes care of elders as well.

theDonutking

Neo Member
Double 3x leads generally make the best turtle teams though 2.5x teams can get the job done with orbs well enough. Fullbody takes care of elders as well.

Thanks for the tip! Now the problem is when an elder pops up early and I have to stall again for the last round!

Jayhawk

Thanks for the tip! Now the problem is when an elder pops up early and I have to stall again for the last round!

With a double 3x team, you try to get a matching orb and only use that character with a matching orb for killing elder turtles. A great/perfect hit from other characters regardless of orbs should be good enough to kill teen and baby turtles. Save that matching orb character. You might have to manually target turtles to ensure your HP is full when stalling because you're saving an orb.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
for me anyway enel started out as something id run on stamina regen for a day or two that turned into, wow still no drop well let's try a bit more, and it turned into a mission that i had to get him to drop now that turned into a sort of experiment of how many runs will it take for him to drop.

That 384 runs is pretty... ouch. Sorry to hear.

I'm still in the hunt for Enel myself, I'm pushing 90-100 runs now. I stopped over the weekend to focus on the fortnight. While Wyper and Braham dropped almost immediately for me, in the back of my mind I have my 294 attempts to get my first Croc. Since that experience I have this fearful but ambivalent resignation to story drops. I'll definitely still keep at it however. If you do go back hopefully he stops being stubborn.

So far, for myself, Enel has dropped a single bag of beli and a chest of cotton candy.

Lol yeah. He was at like 40ish thousand XP to max and I was out of everything but babies. I couldn't help myself! I managed to do around 26 runs or so, but that was nonstop + 3 gems.

I've managed to join you. With the extra TT today got up to LV94, then finished him off with residual XP from my fortnight runs. I'm down about 500k beli, gonna have to make that up!

--

I did 8 pulls fishing for Fossa and managed to get his 5* version. Got lucky with a 3/3 for Raki to close out the skill up rate up and finished her along with Wyper earlier today. Thus I'm done with units for this fortnight... while it wasn't my favorite to run, I don't think it was the worst per say. Drops could've been better overall though. Good luck to all those still farming away.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Congrats, Lucy!

I'm out of stuff to do so I'm just farming for Kuma and Aisa skill books. Evolved Enel, Maxed Log Luffy, skill maxed Wyper + Kamakiri, and I have Ohm. I guess I could try to get Bellamy. Besides that, I literally am out of valuable content. Guess it'll be an off week.

DrAg0nBoY

Is Curiel any good? Got him the last Sugo and don't know if I should level him up.

Also going back to may last post. I did lose my motivation to play the game. Can't be bothered to use all my stamina or farm story units (which I never really did, except for the ones I wanted) and the curent fortnight is just boring with no good units. I do hope the next one is better so that I can play more again.

But I got also my slasher team to max (no max specials though), so that could be one of the reasons why I am not playing that much. So a question. What is the next best team to level up? If possible with the units I should be using in that team.

RalchAC

Do you have Franky? You can use him along a Marco friend captain for a nice 7.5x ATK bonus. I've been using that setup for months and I think a PSY unit with =<900 ATK and a matched orb can defeat the Elder Turtle.

Those 2, Garp, another strong PSY unit like Ryuma and Fullbody should work well for TT.

Is Curiel any good? Got him the last Sugo and don't know if I should level him up.

He has some "fixed" orb manipulation, The effect is described here. Basically, he is good for rainbow teams, especially if you have another unit that moves orbs (Franky, Doffy). So yeah, he is useful.

Also going back to may last post. I did lose my motivation to play the game. Can't be bothered to use all my stamina or farm story units (which I never really did, except for the ones I wanted) and the curent fortnight is just boring with no good units. I do hope the next one is better so that I can play more again.

But I got also my slasher team to max (no max specials though), so that could be one of the reasons why I am not playing that much. So a question. What is the next best team to level up? If possible with the units I should be using in that team.

If you have lost your motivation, why don't you stop playing for a while? Just log in, pick up your gems and close the app. Maybe you need a break.

Can you tell us which units do you have?

RalchAC

Yeah I could do that. Was doing it a while ago.

Well my units are:

Well, so far I think you could build:

- A pretty strong Impact team (you have Kid, Urogue, Croc, Kaku, Smoker, Alvida...)
- A Garp (PSY) Burst team with Garp, Impact Usopp, Coby, Mr.2 and Enel/Urogue/Franky/Ryuma.
- You have the ingredients for building a QCK team that can beat Blackbeard with Jozu (Lead), Halloween Zoro, Lucci, Kaku...

Just some ideas :)

You have your Doffy team ready right (well, you have G3).

Edit: wasted a full stamina bar trying to grab unsuccessfully a fucking psy pirate penguin. Fuck :(

cw_sasuke

Edit: wasted a full stamina bar trying to grab unsuccessfully a fucking psy pirate penguin. Fuck :(

Same here ..lol 13x attempts not a single drop ouch.

Isnt MC up today ? Wont farm him but i can finally try out my Killer team now that we have Kaku.

Heng

Double Marco team works great for farming Tsuru if you have a good psy team. Coby maybe enough to finish off Tsuru and 2 fodders in 1 turn and you could always opt to bring GP Usopp, Halloween Usopp, or Impact Usopp.

ElChado

Neo Member

So far, for myself, Enel has dropped a single bag of beli and a chest of cotton candy.

I've managed to join you. With the extra TT today got up to LV94, then finished him off with residual XP from my fortnight runs. I'm down about 500k beli, gonna have to make that up!

In my runs i got beli 3 times 0 cola, 0 candy. What really got me was on my 3rd last run, at like 6 minutes before double drop rate ended was where i got my 3rd beli bag.

The runs net me so much beli i went from around 7.2 mil to over 12 mil i dont think i'll ever have beli problems again.

Curiel is pretty neat, he's a better shooter lead than tsuru or any other 2xatk lead on global, has some solid stats and is near croc levels of attack, infact he's the 6th highest attack int unit in japan, global-wise he's the 2nd highest int attack only beaten by slasher croc. As mentioned his special is great for rainbow teams especially if you have an orb swapper

I think while this week will feel boring if you dont need the raids or the turtles too much, you have to be hyped about next week.

Why next week? Global has only 3 announcements right now, daily gem, fortnight, type rate up. We usually have 5-7, some of the past some of the present some of the future but the current 3 is all present.

We have the next daily gem event to be announced in the coming few days-probably sunday-with who knows what, maybe friend point sugo, or other fun things and the next fortnight, it could be okama, duck squad, ganfall, or calgara or even something else lots of possibilities with global going off japans order.

That makes 2 announcements with 2 going away, still missing some announcements, maybe the next set of missions? a new training forest? it's been about a month and a half maybe new Version already?(japan went from V3.0 to V4.0 in the span of May to July) Maybe free units for the holidays?

This week is full of potential to me.

Majukun

so.. tomorrow is Monster chopper time... probably going with this

ace (max)
jozu (max)
hina 80 something
kaku (max)
DJ sanji (90)
Gp. usopp (max)

I should be able to. farm it right? how. many do you think I'll need for all 15 skillups? 75?
edit:maybe a double jozu is safer

RalchAC

I have two teams

Ace + Jozu with Kaku, Zoro, Killer and Usopp.

2x Mihawk with H. Zoro, Lucci, Brook and Usopp.

My plan is using H. Zoro asap to grab an extra turn and Usopp after the first hit, when he approaches 20%.

The Blackbeard Doffy team seems like it'll work on MChopper as well unless my math is wrong, for anyone curious on testing it.

BB/BB/MChop/Mihawk/Marco/GP

You could probably replace Marco with a Killer or something if you're sure you can make it to Mchop with enough life to tank 1 hit.

I have two teams

Ace + Jozu with Kaku, Zoro, Killer and Usopp.

2x Mihawk with H. Zoro, Lucci, Brook and Usopp.

My plan is using H. Zoro asap to grab an extra turn and Usopp after the first hit, when he approaches 20%.

I can run both of those teams, but the Ace/Jozu one seems a bit risky / orb reliant. Since Max/Max Mihawks are in abundance now, I'll likely just stick with that for my runs.

The only change I'll make to your strategy is to use Usopp right away on Chopper. I should be able to beat him in 4 turns without taking a hit. If I don't, then I'll tank one hit and finish him off after it (with Zoro / Brook's skills as emergency backup). He should be under 20% by the time he has a chance to attack and that hit does less damage than his normal ones; so there's no reason to tank at the start of the fight.

I also may try out a 2x Killer team with Kaku, Sanji, Hina, Usopp. That strategy is pretty simple: Stall on stages 1-3 while farming orbs (I'd need at least one on a Killer), use DJ on stage 4, use the non-orb'd Killer during the locked turn vs Chopper then immediately use Usopp, Hina and Kaku afterwards before going to town on him.

Tidd

My team for MC:

Ace/Ace/Kaku/Jimbe/Ivankov/GPU
According to my calculations I should be able to defeat him.
With Ivankov and Jimbe I can get at least two guaranteed orbs against MC.(I can always reload Ivas special if I get really bad orbs on Ace and Kaku) Furthermore I only need to stall for 10 turns unlike my Mihawk team and I can tank one MC hit + the GPU delay should give me enough turns to defeat him.

Mazre

I can run both of those teams, but the Ace/Jozu one seems a bit risky / orb reliant. Since Max/Max Mihawks are in abundance now, I'll likely just stick with that for my runs.

The only change I'll make to your strategy is to use Usopp right away on Chopper. I should be able to beat him in 4 turns without taking a hit. If I don't, then I'll tank one hit and finish him off after it (with Zoro / Brook's skills as emergency backup). He should be under 20% by the time he has a chance to attack and that hit does less damage than his normal ones; so there's no reason to tank at the start of the fight.

I also may try out a 2x Killer team with Kaku, Sanji, Hina, Usopp. That strategy is pretty simple: Stall on stages 1-3 while farming orbs (I'd need at least one on a Killer), use DJ on stage 4, use the non-orb'd Killer during the locked turn vs Chopper then immediately use Usopp, Hina and Kaku afterwards before going to town on him.

Killer team did very well even with modest levels as I recall. Main issue was finding friends running Killer, everyone seemed to be running Jozu/Ace.

RedBoot

We have the next daily gem event to be announced in the coming few days-probably sunday-with who knows what, maybe friend point sugo, or other fun things and the next fortnight, it could be okama, duck squad, ganfall, or calgara or even something else lots of possibilities with global going off japans order.

Well, we can't get Gan Fall or Calgara yet, since there are units in both fortnights that deal with Freedom units (which is a shame, because Gan Fall, Calgara, and Norland are all awesome units). But yeah, there's no telling what's next. If they save Okamas for February, then we'll probably get Duck Squad. We also might see the Kimono Strawhats soon, since some people were thinking they might save it as a New Year's thing (so it would probably be one or two fortnights away).

Of course, they might do a new fortnight for X-Mas and give it to both Japan and Global, a la the Halloween ones. Maybe an X-Mas Chopper?

In other news, finally got a Croc to drop last night. Got the 50 clears on the final stage of Alubarna en route to it, too. Now to see if I can get him evolved in time to help out with Garp on Saturday (I don't need him, but it'd certainly be an upgrade).

Killer team did very well even with modest levels as I recall. Main issue was finding friends running Killer, everyone seemed to be running Jozu/Ace.

Yeah, this is always an issue during Raid bosses. You're limited by what friend captains you can find. I've prepared Garp teams using Vista, Towel Nami, and Mihawk as friend captains, just to maximize the amount of runs I can do.

RalchAC

The first time MC appeared I tried to use a Killer team and I had problems like character ATK animations overlapping and the screen going black.

So I stopped using him as a captain.

Well, we can't get Gan Fall or Calgara yet, since there are units in both fortnights that deal with Freedom units (which is a shame, because Gan Fall, Calgara, and Norland are all awesome units). But yeah, there's no telling what's next. If they save Okamas for February, then we'll probably get Duck Squad. We also might see the Kimono Strawhats soon, since some people were thinking they might save it as a New Year's thing (so it would probably be one or two fortnights away).

Of course, they might do a new fortnight for X-Mas and give it to both Japan and Global, a la the Halloween ones. Maybe an X-Mas Chopper?

Hopefully we get the Duck Squad next. Would be nice getting those 3 skill ups I have left and stuff.

I thought the Kimono Strawhats where a Chinese New Year thing though.

In other news, finally got a Croc to drop last night. Got the 50 clears on the final stage of Alubarna en route to it, too. Now to see if I can get him evolved in time to help out with Garp on Saturday (I don't need him, but it'd certainly be an upgrade).

Congrats!

Yeah, this is always an issue during Raid bosses. You're limited by what friend captains you can find. I've prepared Garp teams using Vista, Towel Nami, and Mihawk as friend captains, just to maximize the amount of runs I can do.

Exactly. That's the reason why I try to have as many teams as posible.

I'm only going to use Mihawk for Garp though.

cw_sasuke

Rest assured friends I'll have Killer up even though I don't plan on farming MC.

@RalchAC

Yo that was on an earlier version of the game though... Don't think these overlaps are still happening when using Killer.

The main issue back then was that we didn't have Kaku to take MC out as fast as needed.

The Blackbeard Doffy team seems like it'll work on MChopper as well unless my math is wrong, for anyone curious on testing it.

BB/BB/MChop/Mihawk/Marco/GP

You could probably replace Marco with a Killer or something if you're sure you can make it to Mchop with enough life to tank 1 hit.
1.8m HP minus 30% (540k) from Mihawk and 800k from the twin BB leaves 460k HP to take care. Toss MC's skill on top of that, and it would seem to be a pretty easy fight.

I maxed out the Navy ship in prep, but my challenge would be that I didn't farm BB before, so it will be interesting to see if I can stall 30 times to pull this off (My team has ~74k HP).

Rest assured friends I'll have Killer up even though I don't plan on farming MC.
I'll do the same. Unfortunately, my Killer is only 85 with no skill ups :(.

RalchAC

@RalchAC

Yo that was on an earlier version of the game though... Don't think these overlaps are still happening when using Killer.

The main issue back then was that we didn't have Kaku to take MC out as fast as needed.

Now that I think about it I don't think I had any problems when running a Killer team for Cobymeppos challenge. I'll set up Killer as my captain when I'm not playing (MAX, 31 CD) but I doubt I will actually use him much when I'm farming. I have more reliable alternatives right now.

bjork

I have G3 max skilled and am not worried about the other books there, so I think I can skip Tsuru entirely this time. That's awesome. Now I just need a blue lobster for Thatch so I can evolve him and stuff him full of turtles.

cw_sasuke

Now that I think about it I don't think I had any problems when running a Killer team for Cobymeppos challenge. I'll set up Killer as my captain when I'm not playing (MAX, 31 CD) but I doubt I will actually use him much when I'm farming. I have more reliable alternatives right now.
I will give it a shot, just to see how fast the runs would be...cant afford to farm MC at this point so i will do 3-4 runs with natural stamina and see what works best. Pulled Thats the last Sugo as well - he should work well on a Slasher team as well. So essentially the team you listed but with Thatch instead of Brook.
I'll do the same. Unfortunately, my Killer is only 85 with no skill ups :(.

More than enough - i dont think Killers active is used for this Fortnight and most people dont have him max skilled. I think the Stalling part might be the most difficult part with Killer teams while the boss fight should be easy with at least one matching orb + Kaku.
If there's a setup that requires GP Usopp, then Enel would give you a PSY booster since you wouldn't be able to use Impact Usopp there. Beyond that, he's got one of the best stat totals for PSY and Shooter characters.

I guess he's a lot like Croc - great stats, and nice to have, but not really required for anything. Although I did hear that Enel gets used in some Aokiji teams.
Hmm you are right - Enel would be great to use other Usopp version if necessary. Shit...that means i need to get him at some point xD

theDonutking

Neo Member
Do you have Franky? You can use him along a Marco friend captain for a nice 7.5x ATK bonus. I've been using that setup for months and I think a PSY unit with =<900 ATK and a matched orb can defeat the Elder Turtle.

Those 2, Garp, another strong PSY unit like Ryuma and Fullbody should work well for TT.

Luckily, I have a decent amount of good PSY units. The team I used was: Marco/Urouge?Garp/Shanks/Fullbody. It worked ok except when an Elder would invade. It's hard to gauge which team clears faster: my PSY team of a Navy Team. If I'm lucky enough to have a friend put up a navy lead, I have more opportunities to get and even save TND slots. Guess I'll keep trying.

What's the most runs have any of you had on the 30min Turtle Time BTW? With my 85 Stam and one refill, I've only been able to clear 7-8 runs.

RedBoot

boy Tsuru's got some unfortunate books.

"Sweet five chests!"
*three base Mr. 5*
"-_-"

Those and the base Ace books in Lucci's fortnight make me sad.

Tsuru's drops in general are pretty dire. I wouldn't mind getting Tsuru copies and Impact Usopp books, but there's really nothing else in there for me (since I have Valentine maxed and don't have G3).

Top Bottom