• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RedBoot

Garp is going to fall under the same circumstances w/ him running the 4th-5th while the 5th has another turtle time. I wish that Iva and Garp's spots were swapped.

The nice thing about Garp is that he's coming on a Saturday. Much easier to find the time to run his stage.

Also, I got my first +3 Cotton Candy this morning (dropped from Chopper in his stage in Drum...I wonder if he's more likely to drop those?). Not sure what to do with it, though, since adding to all three stats isn't really the ideal way to use CC.

Heng

I've been screwed twice by bad RNG while running double Killer comp. It sucks when all the units on the first wave start off with 1 turn delay...

WB is much safer but if you accidently use a food orb, you're screwed. Also it seems like more people are using WB now and almost no one on my list is using killer.

Tidd

27 Choppers should be enough to get his skill to a usable level against Doffy.

RIP players who pulled Whitebeard last sugo and don't have a maxed GP Usopp. We will get the Kraken fortnight next week with a new ranking challenge!

27 Choppers should be enough to get his skill to a usable level against Doffy.

RIP players who pulled Whitebeard last sugo and don't have a maxed GP Usopp. We will get the Kraken fortnight next week with a new ranking challenge!

Man am I lucky in not pulling Whitebeard! Dodged a bullet on that one.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Got quite lucky on my turtle run and ended up with +15 Elders without stoning ( that stamina refresh so good). I thought i could level a couple units with those Turtles but i had forgotten how much exp Raidbosses need so i ended up using everything on BB.

Man am I lucky in not pulling Whitebeard! Dodged a bullet on that one.

Same here...glad to have luck on my side for once xD

Kyou

it's nice to know my luck in OPTC has turned around. Hopefully I can keep up the good luck and not pull a legendary next time either.

I love how easily my Double Jozu team completes Monster Chopper 40 stamina. I remember having so much trouble the first time he was around, but the fact that I buffed up my QCK units to take on Blackbeard has really turned all that around.

Now I just need to decide if I actually even want to farm him hardcore. What's the minimum cooldown needed for the Doffy fight?

Kumo

Hmm, I need 4 more skill ups for WB and 5 for Usopp... Maybe 1 week of farming for each? Ugh you guys have it easy. xD

RalchAC

Maxed Ohm with my TT turtles and now I'm about to evolve BB too.

Grabbed 24 copies of Monster Chopper which I will save for a skill up. A few less that I wanted, but I've had little time today to play.

It was really easy too. With 2x Mihawk I could just autopilot through the boss fight.

Tidd

More useless characters to pull during a Sugo :)

Otherwise the new event is pretty lame. But that was to be expected before the big Christmas event. (we will get one, won't we?)

ElChado

Neo Member

Otherwise the new event is pretty lame. But that was to be expected before the big Christmas event. (we will get one, won't we?)

Hopefully we get a christmas one and this terrible one is bad just so we dont get awesome ones back to back.

Also we have to see if japan gets a christmas fortnight or not, as maybe we'll get that after duck squad if they do get one.

Usually the big good stuff happens near the end of the month right, so maybe we have a lot of good stuff coming our way after the next week or two.

RedBoot

I think Kaya's seen some use in the Japanese version? And Bellemere's another delayer, which is nice (though I imagine we've all got H.Zoro and maybe even Mr. 3 or Braham by now). Otherwise, yeah, pretty limited group. They're mostly focused on RCV, oddly.

As for the rest of the events, at least there's a drop rate increase week. Might try for my second Croc then, if I ever feel like taking a break from Duck Squad.

I think Kaya's seen some use in the Japanese version? And Bellemere's another delayer, which is nice (though I imagine we've all got H.Zoro and maybe even Mr. 3 or Braham by now). Otherwise, yeah, pretty limited group. They're mostly focused on RCV, oddly.

As for the rest of the events, at least there's a drop rate increase week. Might try for my second Croc then, if I ever feel like taking a break from Duck Squad.

Synergizes with Duck Squad fortnight, considering it starts you off with 1% HP and half RCV.

RalchAC

As I thought, we're getting an event that isn't that good :/

Well, at least we're getting Cotton Candy island.

I would recommend not going all out with FP pulls during the booster/evolver event, since we may get a better one for Christmas.

After reading your 0/2X skill up ratio, I'm totally saving my MC lol.

I hope my luck is better for Garp, since I'm planning to go all out with him.

cw_sasuke

so when you guys are getting tons of raid bosses, are you just gemming constantly for stamina?

Only way to get +40/50 copies of a Boss during a Raid day.

Should've saved my choppers. 0/30. Lol.

Man...especially with the box upgrade you should have waited for the skillup event. I expect another skillup event for Christmas/Holidays anyway. Then again 0/30 is even bad for a regular skill up attempt..sucks.

Makes me scared for my Garp mission...i "only" need two more skillups but who knows how many copies it will take outside of an even and if its even worth it.
As I thought, we're getting an event that isn't that good :/
Def. Calm before the storm (Holiday Event).

RalchAC

Only way to get +40/50 copies of a Boss during a Raid day.

Man...especially with the box upgrade you should have waited for the skillup event. I expect another skillup event for Christmas/Holidays anyway. Then again 0/30 is even bad for a regular skill up attempt..sucks.

Makes me scared for my Garp mission...i "only" need two more skillups but who knows how many copies it will take outside of an even and if its even worth it.

Def. Calm before the storm (Holiday Event).

Imagine that we get Doflamingo and a skill up event at the same time.

And sockets

Ok, the last won't happen, but cool boss + skill up event sounds Christmas like.

Spinx

Strong World batch 1 & 2 for Christmas.

giphy.gif

Majukun

really disappointing fortnights for me atm.
basically i have to choose between farming kamakiri and laki or tsuru..because all the toher drops in this 2 fortnights are useless to me exept for kuma that straight up refuses to drop,like,ever.

next event is disappointing too..only thing i might be interested is the double drop everywhere..but i'm usually not really lucky even with those...will probably get the last two skillups for marco if i'm lucky and then waste stamina at alubarna once again...are any of the character that drop in the duck squad FN worth anything?

Tidd

Decided to Yolo feed my MCs and got 11 skill ups out of 31 copies. I'm still missing 3 skill ups to max him but a cooldown of 18 is more than enough for Doffy.

cw_sasuke

Imagine that we get Doflamingo and a skill up event at the same time.

And sockets

Ok, the last won't happen, but cool boss + skill up event sounds Christmas like.

Ha this would be perfect - Dooffy + skillup event :-D

..and its not THAT unlikely. Hope we get Zephyr and Doffy in the next two months.
Decided to Yolo feed my MCs and got 11 skill ups out of 31 copies. I'm still missing 3 skill ups to max him but a cooldown of 18 is more than enough for Doffy.

Man thats really good congrats !!!

cw_sasuke

Looks like Bandai fucked up again and uploaded a new banner to early.

We will get an 48hour sugo starting from the 8th December. NO NEW UNITS (http://m.imgur.com/a/hPXJz via reddit)

Will this be while STR Rate is still running ?

And yeah if they are dropping a Sugo this early they will def. Doffy soon after this and probably an even bigger Sugofest at the end of the month.

Bamco going straight for our stones this month...HIDE YOUR KIDS !!

Tidd

And yeah if they are dropping a Sugo this early they will def. Doffy soon after this and probably an even bigger Sugofest at the end of the month.

Yup, sugo is during the STR up event.

Or Duval...

RalchAC

Yup, sugo is during the STR up event.

I have like half of the boosted units in the list, and even if the STR rate up sounds tempting, But I want to save gems for SW part 2 Sugofest, so I'll skip this one.

In any way, I don't understand what's so cool about a 48h Sugo. My mind usually works like this:

1) They day before I get progresively hyped.
2) When I go to bed, hype is through the roof.
3) I pull while having Breakfast.
4) Comment on GAF. Say that I may do 1-2 pulls in the evening.
5) See people getting Legends.
6) Pull once more.
7) Regret it.
8) Don't pull in the evening.

Or Duval...

That wouldn't make any sense. Right now the bosses that there are left are:

Superhard: Enel, Aokiji.
Shooter subs: Duval, Heracles.
Classes that don't exist: Buster Call, Kuma, Nightmare Luffy

There are only 2 things they can (realistically) do. Release Doffy or Zephyr.

I'll have very few gems for that time since i have to farm at least another 50 garp to max him (level 5)

I'm on the same boat as you. After what happened last time I don't care about events. I'm going to max him ASAP and cry of joy while I look at my shiny Marco Burst team.

Hisoka

Hahaha so true!

In the meantime i won't even bother with raids or sugo. I'll wait for sockets cause they're really annoying if you already maxed charas skill/lvl wise.

Also, i won't use gems for recruit now until east blue story units get thrown out and maaaaybe we'll get a fancy legendary rate up too, like that one that happened in Japan.
Until then, i'll wait now. I have every unit i need to get through all the content right now.

Majukun

given the last halloween fortnight..we can assume we will get the same christmas event japan has already anounced?

it consist of

.everyday gem
-3 days where you get better chance to get stamina refills,pigs or cola (one day for each) with the daily snails
-choose your own turtle time
-random rainbow unit each day for a week
-friend point recruit for east blue characters with attached cotton candy
-choose your cotton candy time
-double drop rate
-free christmas nami

lots of overlapping stuff with the one we are gonna get first though

bjork

Used my red turtles on Teach, so now I need to track down a red lobster and evolve him. Don't think I'll have gems for any of this upcoming pull stuff, but it's cool that there's something new in the friend point pulls.

RedBoot

given the last halloween fortnight..we can assume we will get the same christmas event japan has already anounced?

it consist of

.everyday gem
-3 days where you get better chance to get stamina refills,pigs or cola (one day for each) with the daily snails
-double drop rate
-free christmas nami

Eh, the main thing we'd get simultaneously would be a Christmas fortnight, if Japan sees one after the Tom's Workers one finishes. Though we'll probably see some of that stuff as well. Not sure about the Christmas Nami, we actually haven't gotten a lot of the free/promo characters, outside of a handful (Young Sabo, Sakura Strawhats) showing up as limited RRs. We're so far past Chopperman at this point that he'd be useless if they gave him to us.

As for the potential 48-hour Sugo, I won't go too nuts (still pining for the SW batches...really wanting SW Shanks), but a lot of the boosted units are ones that I'd like, so I'll at least give it the usual 5 pulls. Just wish I'd held off on my standard between-sugos YOLO pull (wanted to use it during the STR-Up...it ended up being a regular Zoro).

chrono01

Looks like Bandai fucked up again and uploaded a new banner to early.

We will get an 48hour sugo starting from the 8th December. NO NEW UNITS (http://m.imgur.com/a/hPXJz via reddit)
Well that's surprising. It's tempting, but I might hold out for the end of the month. I bet Namco Bandai have something special planned for Christmas...

it consist of

.everyday gem
-double drop rate
-free christmas nami

I can't wait to un-wrap my Nami.

Majukun

i wouldn't hold my breath for anything incredible for christmas..
the best i cam see them doing is doing something like one free rare recruit every 5 or something like that..something that feels like a gift but it's only made to make you use more and more gems,and even that i think it's not gonna happen

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
As Jayhawk mentioned, this team can deal over 1.2M damage (I just did 1.1M with full blue, except a green orb for Sanji), so it's a matter of 2 turns to kill MC. In case of bad orb luck, it can also stand a MC attack, and then heal with the second Boa's special.

Late to reply on this, but I'm glad to hear the strategy worked out. It actually sounds incredibly safe, I like that there is an insurance policy with the second Boa special. Pretty cool.

Should've saved my choppers. 0/30. Lol.

Ouch, if it makes you feel any better, when MC first came out I started 1/64. I had to wait until he came back to finish his special, sorry to hear you had bad luck though. Optimistically, it'll be better to run again when slots/sockets are confirmed. I don't think we have enough box space to warrant hoarding any extra copies at the moment.

Will this be while STR Rate is still running? And yeah if they are dropping a Sugo this early they will def. Doffy soon after this and probably an even bigger Sugofest at the end of the month. Bamco going straight for our stones this month...HIDE YOUR KIDS !!

I have like half of the boosted units in the list, and even if the STR rate up sounds tempting, But I want to save gems for SW part 2 Sugofest, so I'll skip this one. In any way, I don't understand what's so cool about a 48h Sugo.

Well that's surprising. It's tempting, but I might hold out for the end of the month. I bet Namco Bandai have something special planned for Christmas...

They really aren't being shy about wanting our gems, lol.

I'm looking at this with a real *fry face*: the STR rate up to benefit Log Luffy and Whitebeard, Kraken with Whitebeard books running at the same time, an extra 24 hours to entice and allure those who say "just one pull", boosted units at LV50, and all this before the middle of the month? I don't trust it at all!

The potential for a new raid and a proper Sugo with a new batch of characters gives me pause and belief both will show up after this. And I really gotta believe, as well, we'll do a day/date Christmas fortnight with Japan. And if a new raid happens to be Doflamingo, whom we've all been waiting for - that's the one unit that is worth all the stamina refills one can muster.

Personally speaking from that rate up, I'm missing Moria and Jinbei myself (Boa/Sengoku too please!) and would like to pull for them. But something about the timing feels really suspect. STR rate ups are always frightening with all the Arlongs, Kuroobis, Alvidas, Mr. 5s, Fire Pearls, Arm Point Choppers waiting to show up. And now we got those new 'bonds of friendship' units too... and Sanji, because why not.

RedBoot

The potential for a new raid and a proper Sugo with a new batch of characters gives me pause and belief both will show up after this. And I really gotta believe, as well, we'll do a day/date Christmas fortnight with Japan. And if a new raid happens to be Doflamingo, whom we've all been waiting for - that's the one unit that is worth all the stamina refills one can muster.

Personally speaking from that rate up, I'm missing Moria and Jinbei myself (Boa/Sengoku too please!) and would like to pull for them. But something about the timing feels really suspect. STR rate ups are always frightening with all the Arlongs, Kuroobis, Alvidas, Mr. 5s, Fire Pearls, Arm Point Choppers waiting to show up. And now we got those new 'bonds of friendship' units too... and Sanji, because why not.

At least none of the new 3/4 stars are STR (not that that'll stop them from showing up every third pull). I think it's worth a few shots...I'll just try and actually hold myself to 5 pulls for once. :)

Majukun

is this team viable for farming garp?

mihawk max
mihawk. max
vista max
Crocodile max
Helmeppo max
Ryuma 90

i remember I used a slasher team last time but I don't remember who was on it.. this is just a brute force one

RedBoot

is this team viable for farming garp?

mihawk max
mihawk. max
vista max
Crocodile max
Helmeppo max
Ryuma 90

i remember I used a slasher team last time but I don't remember who was on it.. this is just a brute force one

If you've got max skilled Mihawks and the coffin boat, sure. I'm going to do something similar, except I've got Perona in there instead of Ryuma, since the damage reduction will buy me some extra time. Probably more useful than the damage Ryuma would give you.

I've also got a Vista/Vista INT slasher team that I think can just outlast him through sheer HP (also needs coffin boat).

Majukun

If you've got max skilled Mihawks and the coffin boat, sure. I'm going to do something similar, except I've got Perona in there instead of Ryuma, since the damage reduction will buy me some extra time. Probably more useful than the damage Ryuma would give you.

I've also got a Vista/Vista INT slasher team that I think can just outlast him through sheer HP (also needs coffin boat).
yep have both.. Ryuma is there for Helmeppo.. but if I notice problems I can swap perona

RalchAC

yep have both.. Ryuma is there for Helmeppo.. but if I notice problems I can swap perona

Helmeppo and Coby are like really really really easy to kill. Bring Perona and call it a day (imo). Remember that Garp has an attack that deals 18k damage.

I'm going to use:

Mihawk / Mihawk
Croco / Helmeppo
H. Brook / Perona.

Jayhawk

I want to try using Log Nami (for science!), so I will try going with a Towel Nami friend captain, Vista captain, and then Nico Robin, Log Nami, and I guess Buggy and Brain Point Chopper for the orbs.

EDIT: Regarding the giveaway contest I'm holding, the next supposed Sugofest is next week but it doesn't introduce new worthwhile units. I was expecting the next sugofest to be around Christmas time, so the giveaway won't happen until a sugofest with new worthwhile units... hopefully around Christmas time.

Top Bottom