• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I pretty much have every STR character worth having and probably at max, with the exception of WB. Not sure if it's worth going too hard this sugo. (Monster Chopper, Log Luffy, G3 Luffy, Blackbeard, Mr. One, Blamenco, Kid, Kuma, Fossa, Alvida, arlong), all maxed. All I want is QCK UP!

Kumo

is this team viable for farming garp?

mihawk max
mihawk. max
vista max
Crocodile max
Helmeppo max
Ryuma 90

i remember I used a slasher team last time but I don't remember who was on it.. this is just a brute force one

The second time garp came around, I ran a kind of janky mihawk team with helmeppo, broggy, buggy, and arlong subs and it worked fine. With vista and croc, garp will be super easy.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I pretty much have every STR character worth having and probably at max, with the exception of WB. Not sure if it's worth going too hard this sugo. (Monster Chopper, Log Luffy, G3 Luffy, Blackbeard, Mr. One, Blamenco, Kid, Kuma, Fossa, Alvida, arlong), all maxed. All I want is QCK UP!

I'm in the same boat, I want a QCK up as well as I'm missing Thatch, Jimbe, and Boa. Outside of that I don't have Moria and Sengoku. Then there are the log units, which are more novelty than anything else of which I have Brook and Luffy. However I'm comfortable with trying to acquire them over time since they're permanently part of the pool.

I will say this about Whitebeard though, he's absolutely the best sub... but he's only truly great with a max special. Otherwise any Blackbeard, MC, or Kid can fill the role of a hard hitting STR unit.

RedBoot

Strength sugo?!

Come to me g3

In theory, Kuma and Bepo will be the most "common," since they're double boosted. But I think the only time I ever got a double boosted unit was when Kuma was first released (still waiting on my Apoo from back when everyone was pulling like five of him).

I remember being worried I'd pull a bunch of Bepos back when Supernovas 1 first came out, since he was considered the "worst" of them at the time. But I'd love to pull him now...he's got good stats and a potentially useful special.

But I'd rather have G3 or Kid. Or any 6-star. I'm not picky.

linkent

Come to me Log Luffy lol...

I am only missing like 8 rare recruits:

Moria
Curiel
Fossa
Songuku
Log Luffy
Log Usopp
Log Sanji
Log Robin

I am pretty sure I have every other unit.

Cant wait to get him and make him become SSJ/SSB :p

You have Boa,WB,Ray?? How much did you spend? >.<

RedBoot

The 2x Mihawk, INT Slashers, Perona team takes down Garp easily. In fact, I can manage a win even with only one Mihawk special, which will be a big help (only around half of the Mihawks on my list have max special).

Using the double specials is still nice though, since I can usually beat Garp before he does the butt dance.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
hmm,, any high level vivi captains around? 056,435,868, going to try a lion's song/vivi team since my G3/towel nami team just doesn't quite have the levels to get by without good orb luck (that and I'm screwing up my timing too much). 1/3 on tries so far with the G3/nami team. Doesn't help that my hina and Paulie specials are a bit low, either.

linkent

hmm,, any high level vivi captains around? 056,435,868, going to try a lion's song/vivi team since my G3/towel nami team just doesn't quite have the levels to get by without good orb luck (that and I'm screwing up my timing too much). 1/3 on tries so far with the G3/nami team. Doesn't help that my hina and Paulie specials are a bit low, either.
Added you, hope 74 Vivi is enough.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Facing off against Garp once again, this time with zombie team

... facepalmed @ myself for bringing Alvida instead of hogback along

The 2x Mihawk, INT Slashers, Perona team takes down Garp easily. In fact, I can manage a win even with only one Mihawk special, which will be a big help (only around half of the Mihawks on my list have max special).

Using the double specials is still nice though, since I can usually beat Garp before he does the butt dance.

I'll be farming Garp a bit tonight and use all of my gems tomorrow w/ my MAX/MAX Mihawk. If you don't have me on your FL add me (quote for Friend Code).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Double Vista + Mihawk's ship makes Garp ridiculous easy. Farmed it with that team when he initially arrived but without the ship.

Farmed 5 copies and got skill up. Only one skill up left hope I can get it during the day.

Heng

This mission coming up for the Kraken island seem like it won't be too hard considering that it's 15 stamina. Here is my team that is all F2P to finish this mission:

nKFD3HA.jpg

It doesn't seem like I'll have any trouble with this but if you guys see anything that will give me trouble, please let me know. What are you guys planning to run for this fortnight?

Also someone who goes by the name "I pirati pugnaci" tried to add me through ID search so I'm going to assume he's from gaf. Your friend list is full, if you want to add me please make room on your friends list.

RalchAC

This mission coming up for the Kraken island seem like it won't be too hard considering that it's 15 stamina. Here is my team that is all F2P to finish this mission:

It doesn't seem like I'll have any trouble with this but if you guys see anything that will give me trouble, please let me know. What are you guys planning to run for this fortnight?

Also someone who goes by the name "I pirati pugnaci" tried to add me through ID search so I'm going to assume he's from gaf. Your friend list is full, if you want to add me please make room on your friends list.

I have an unevolved Ace dupe sitting in my box, which already gives the 2.5x ATK boost, and I'm here sitting and wondering if I should try to level him up a bit and use him as my captain for the Fortnight.

The idea would be:

Ace / Ace (maybe the unevo one)
Lulu / Miss Valentine
Kamakiri / Lobster

With full Blue Orbs and without buffs I'll deal around 400k damage, I dunno if its enough. Cost is 62.

cw_sasuke

Unevolved Ace gives 2x boost to QCK units... Unless you meant something different.

Don't know anything about the next ranking missions though.

Heng

Unevolved Ace gives 2x boost to QCK units... Unless you meant something different.

Don't know anything about the next ranking missions though.
Yeah it is x2 boost. I didn't know about the kraken island either until someone in this thread mentioned it a while back. The goal is to have the lowest team cost you can get, the least amount of turns it takes you to clear it, and the accuracy of your taps.

Also switching my Tashigi for my dog penguin unit from Perona fortnight. I may even try to squeeze in a blue crab but that might be pushing it.

How's this team for Garp?

mihawk/mihawk (both max special)

vista/Smoker (vista max/smoker 80+)

alvida/perona (alvida special max/perona 18 turns)

lowest unit level: 78 for perona.

that should work just fine, right?

/edit

Apparently it did work just fine, I missed two perfects and had horrible orb luck yet still won.

alben

Neo Member
How's this team for Garp?

mihawk/mihawk (both max special)

vista/Smoker (vista max/smoker 80+)

alvida/perona (alvida special max/perona 18 turns)

lowest unit level: 78 for perona.

that should work just fine, right?

/edit

Apparently it did work just fine, I missed two perfects and had horrible orb luck yet still won.

too much defense IMO. If you are using Mihawk ship you can probably drop both alvida and perona.

Majukun

finishe my garp farming..hopefully the last one..if sockets arrive before the next skillup event

i have already the storage full now though

RalchAC

Yeah I swapped Alvida for Helmeppo in my final team.

My Mihawk ship isn't maxed yet though, so I prefer sticking to Merry for the damage.

I'm using the following team, maybe you are interested:

2x Mihawk, Croco, Helmeppo, Halloween Brook and Perona.

Most of the time I finish him before the 18k hit. Brook is useful just in case I totally mess up (like the run where I got hit by Coby and lost 10k HP lol). Perona for those rare runs where I need more than 3 turns to kill him.

Edit: Ugh. 1/20 so far. I'm not giving up though.

Majukun

I'm using the following team, maybe you are interested:

2x Mihawk, Croco, Helmeppo, Halloween Brook and Perona.

Most of the time I finish him before the 18k hit. Brook is useful just in case I totally mess up (like the run where I got hit by Coby and lost 10k HP lol). Perona for those rare runs where I need more than 3 turns to kill him.

Edit: Ugh. 1/20 so far. I'm not giving up though.
isn't it better to wait for the skillup event? that's what I'm doing.. especially since it's still possible we get 4.0 and sockets in the meanwhile..

anyway, I used

mihawk x2
vista
crocodile
helmeppo
perona

all max level.. never had to use perona at all, down before the big attack

I actually don't have slasher croc yet.

When I farmed my croc I had zero viable int leads & the franky event was ongoing, so I decided to go with the other croc instead.

Will try to farm slasher croc from time to time during 2x up though.

RalchAC

isn't it better to wait for the skillup event? that's what I'm doing.. especially since it's still possible we get 4.0 and sockets in the meanwhile..

I farmed 5 more, used them and said to myself: "If you don't get a skill up, increase your box space and hoard as much copies as possible".

I didn't got any. I'm at 1/25 right now. I'll rest a couple of hours and I'll continue playing in 2-3 hours.

Kyou

Buh another bummer turtle time. Only elders I got were from the rare encounter(two!)

I hope green goes well, I'm closing in on biker smoker.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Buh another bummer turtle time. Only elders I got were from the rare encounter(two!)

I hope green goes well, I'm closing in on biker smoker.
I had a pretty sick turtle time. I had to make a choice between Rakuyo and Enel, but had to go Rakuyo. He's just better than Enel as far as stats / special go. He's at level 80 now: started at 20. Hehe.

cw_sasuke

Aargh....10 more Garp copies and no skill up. This is Smoker all over again with the final skillup being such a chore.

But i have to finish it now... -.-

Kyou

I had a pretty sick turtle time. I had to make a choice between Rakuyo and Enel, but had to go Rakuyo. He's just better than Enel as far as stats / special go. He's at level 80 now: started at 20. Hehe.

wait shit I forgot about Rakuyo. I was like "Well I dont have any PSY people I really need leveled up, might as well just feed them to Enel"

RalchAC

I've farmed 52 Garps so far. Used 25, had crap luck, saved another 27. I'm aiming for 40-50 copies saved. 1 run = 5 minutes, so I should get there before going to bed.

I'm bored of it. At least most of the time I've been watching a series or something. I can't imagine doing something more challenging for so long.

Tomorrow I'm not going to play OPTC, like at all. I need a little rest lol.

On the bright side, I've got Marco at level 75 and my Rakuyo is at 65 so far...

Kumo

Evolved my Sengoku and got him to 59. Decent turtle time for me, considering my best int lead is Buggy. lmao

I probably should've went with Mihawk as the lead but I can't pass up the opportunity to use Buggy as my captain!

cw_sasuke

Finally max skilled that sucker Garp.

So all in all it took me like 15 copies to get the final 2 skill ups. Just glad to be done with it now the Zephyr squad is complete.

Did my turtle time as well with solid results. Though i'm kinda missing the obvious PSY unit to feed them to......hope I can get Enel. Otherwise i might max lvl Ryuma.

Anyone still farming with Vista? I put up Moria for now but can change back to Vista before I go to bed if necessary.

chrono01

Finally max skilled that sucker Garp.

So all in all it took me like 15 copies to get the final 2 skill ups. Just glad to be done with it now the Zephyr squad is complete.

Did my turtle time as well with solid results. Though i'm kinda missing the obvious PSY unit to feed them to......hope I can get Enel. Otherwise i might max lvl Ryuma.

Anyone still farming with Vista? I put up Moria for now but can change back to Vista before I go to bed if necessary.
Congrats!

I'm waiting for sockets before I start the process, but I'm glad to see you've achieved success in that max-skill Garp. d(^_^)v

Majukun

damn, I don't know where to spend my stamina... The skypiea fn has abysmal drops for me.. Alubarna is half stamina today, tempting but I never have much luck with drops, let alone without the double drop chance...

cw_sasuke

Congrats!

I'm waiting for sockets before I start the process, but I'm glad to see you've achieved success in that max-skill Garp. d(^_^)v
Yeah thanks, looking forward to Sockets as well but that is likely more of a 2016 thing. Trying to get the essential skillups Hugh asap since they are needed for upcoming Raids/farming.

Wasn't too interested in skilling up Iva... But I pulled Capone I my last fest, now my goal is to slowly skill her up without stoning. Hoping for 5-6 copies.
I have 47 copies saved and 9 skill ups left.

Should I keep farming?
Bro save them for a skill up event and you should be fine. Even better if we get Sockets until then.

The chances of a skill up event for Christmas/Holidays are quite high so the units won't take up space too long in your box.

RalchAC

Bro save them for a skill up event and you should be fine. Even better if we get Sockets until then.

The chances of a skill up event for Christmas/Holidays are quite high so the units won't take up space too long in your box.

Yeah I'm saving them. After getting 1/25 I couldn't endure it anymore &#128531;

I have 24 Choppers too.

cw_sasuke

Yeah I'm saving them. After getting 1/25 I couldn't endure it anymore &#128531;

I have 24 Choppers too.
Yeah the RNG outside of the x2 skill up event is just too brutal to be of any use for Raid Boss skillups. Only exception is if you are only a couple skills away from max.

With 50 you should be fine during a skill up event unless you just have bad luck... But even so it's not like Garp won't ever return after this event.

If we get Doffy next you'll have enough time time to max skill Garp until Zephyr next year. .

11 Gems spent, 48 Garps farmed
(I slipped up once and died >_<)
. My Garp is only S.Lv 2, so hopefully this is enough come 2x skill up for a good Burst team to work.

RedBoot

Ended up with 40 Garps. I kind of slacked off in the morning, so I didn't get as many runs in as I'd wanted. Easily could have gotten more, but this should be enough to get me a few levels. My Garp is at level 2 already, so if I can get him down to at least 18 cooldown, he should be perfectly usable until I can max him later.

Still gotta do the turtle time later tonight. Think I'll farm Braham again tomorrow…I have 15 of his skill books, and it would be a waste to not be able to use them.

Top Bottom