• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Another full stamina bar without getting a single Ark Maxim Boss drop lol.

Any one else without a single Ohm, Enel, Wiper etc. drop? Kinda sucks.

Majukun

the new sugo simulator on reddit is now way more precise and realistic than the past version..with legends rarer than a blue moon on a red sky and tons of shit for me when i try a simulation
in the previous one was too common to find a legend or good stuff

Kyou

RUIwlKv.jpg

Turtle time went super well, got in 12 runs with decent luck T_T

Also managed to evolve log brook

RalchAC

the new sugo simulator on reddit is now way more precise and realistic than the past version..with legends rarer than a blue moon on a red sky and tons of shit for me when i try a simulation
in the previous one was too common to find a legend or good stuff

That optimism lol.

I'm still waiting for my Log Luffy, Sugo simulator...

Congrats! I used it to level up my Izo from 80 to 90 and Perona from 55 to 70. Didn't use any gems.

Tomorrow I'll do some piggy island runs so those baby turtles are used for something useful or something.

Split my TT gains across 3 units:

Asura zoro now: 76

Law now: 78

Apoo: 71

Together with 82-Mihawk & 96-Smoker my dex units are starting to look pretty tough.

Majukun

I had to. spread. my Turtles between hw robin, Khalifa and Paul, since all the other decent DEX units I have are already maxed.. too bad I don't have a law or Apoo...

by the way, it's me or carue sounds really good for rainbow striker teams, aka kidd teams? low atk but randomised orbs with 3 swaps.. Maybe too luck based, but a decent chance to get good orbs while neutralising any orb changing atk from a boss.

wilstreak

Just played it for the first time (ENG Version)
Got Shanks (Ultra Super rare) on first rare recruit
is that supposed to be Super Rare as it sounds?
Because it gots 5 star yet the bar seems to indicate that there are 7 or even 8 star character available

Majukun

Just played it for the first time
Because it gots 5 star yet the bar seems to indicate that there are 7 or even 8 star character available

well, it is, the max Lv at the moment is 6 and it's only for legends available only during certain events.
shanks is a decent unit.. not farmable, so you can only get it with the rare recruits, so you could have picked much, much worse.

cw_sasuke

Just played it for the first time (ENG Version)
Shanks is rare but he isn't an optimal choice for a starter. You are better off rerolling for Whitebeard, Log Luffy, Rayleigh or G3 in the upcoming Sugofest 2 days from now.

I would recommend it since I have been playing this game since launch without getting a Legend unit. Rerolling can be tedious but it's a worthy longterm investment.

Mist important though, have fun with the game... It's really good especially of you are a OP fan.

wilstreak

well, it is, the max Lv at the moment is 6 and it's only for legends available only during certain events.
shanks is a decent unit.. not farmable, so you can only get it with the rare recruits, so you could have picked much, much worse.

Oh i see then, glad to receive it then
OP said that for the ENG version currently the story is until Arlong Park, do it means that we can only draw character from that point in time? So no WB, Admirals, etc.

RalchAC

Sorry for slacking this week when it comes to OT stuff guys. Between the raid bosses, turtles and some exams and uni stuff I haven't had enough time (and will power TBH) to finish everything.

I've been enjoying a 4 days long weekend (Saturday -> Tuesday) so I'm going to work on it ASAP!

Just played it for the first time

Shanks is good. Not an incredible unit but good enough.

This game has a special period called "Sugofest" where there is a higher chance to grab 5* rare recruit exclusive units. Furthermore, Sugofests are the only moment when you can grab Legendary units, which are usually the best units in the game.

If you want to see which units are considered the best you can give a look to this Doc. It should be the new OT soon.

If you don't want to re-roll, keep it. You don't really need an amazing unit to start playing the game. I started with 2 not so good farmable units. If you want to re-roll but you don't want to read that document the best possible units you can get during Sugofest are Gear 3rd Luffy (or Balloon Luffy), Whitebeard and Sengoku followed by Eustass Kid.

Majukun

Oh i see then, glad to receive it then
OP said that for the ENG version currently the story is until Arlong Park, do it means that we can only draw character from that point in time? So no WB, Admirals, etc.

no, the global version is at the end of skypiea storyline, but with fortnights and raids and rare recruit batches we have in the game characters that are further than that in the manga..

cw_sasuke

Let's be honest xD - Shanks is lackluster when you are starting the game now... He isn't really useful for farming any of the avaliable raids and his stats are only okay. It took mention that we don't have many good farmables PSY units yet.

Majukun

Let's be honest xD - Shanks is lackluster when you are starting the game now... He isn't really useful for farming any of the avaliable raids and his stats are only okay. It took mention that we don't have many good farmables PSY units yet.

i said it's decent..he/she could have got kuro..or django (like i did when i started)
that would have been lackluster

by the way,just noticed that there are no carue skillbooks,so the only way to level up its skill is to evolve millions of carue (that also needs all 3 secret bosses every time) and then hope for a skillup
waaay to much work for an otherwise interesting unit for striker teams...disappointing

wilstreak

I decide not to reroll and just play it with Shanks
i have read doc by RalchAC
so, when do this Sugofest for December happen?
Where can i see it? So if i have premium pull, i should have safe it for this day, correct?

RalchAC

I decide not to reroll and just play it with Shanks
i have read doc by RalchAC
so, when do this Sugofest for December happen?
Where can i see it? So if i have premium pull, i should have safe it for this day, correct?

The next Sugofest is early next week.

So yeah, you should save them. You should never pull outside Sugo.

You should get some gems as you progress through story mode. Don't use them to revive if you lose. Most of the time is a waste tbh.

Majukun

damn, the list of the enhanced guys it's alluring for me since I have only kuma and bepo of the batch.. but i think I'll reserve my gems for later...

Tidd

by the way,just noticed that there are no carue skillbooks,so the only way to level up its skill is to evolve millions of carue (that also needs all 3 secret bosses every time) and then hope for a skillup
waaay to much work for an otherwise interesting unit for striker teams...disappointing

It's easy to get Carue skill ups because you will get enough drops of Carue and the other birds. With that you can evolve Carue (max Lv. 20 and he drops at level 15 on 30stamina). It needs a little bit work but it's not THAT much. xP

Copons

The moment when you need to run a 30STA fortnight to manage to level up during the turtle time, but then you forget what you were doing, and start the turtle time immediately after emptying the stamina exactly one run before the level up and consequent refill. T_T

Majukun

It's easy to get Carue skill ups because you will get enough drops of Carue and the other birds. With that you can evolve Carue (max Lv. 20 and he drops at level 15 on 30stamina). It needs a little bit work but it's not THAT much. xP
well it's way more work than it is worth, especially given we are not under skillup event and so at the mercy of shitty Base RNG
also, 9 skillups needed.. so, even counting being lucky, it's around 45 evolved carue

Heng

The next Sugofest is early next week.

So yeah, you should save them. You should never pull outside Sugo.

You should get some gems as you progress through story mode. Don't use them to revive if you lose. Most of the time is a waste tbh.
Hey Ralch, my brother is no longer playing OPTC, do you want your account back? He's got quite a few gems from signing in everyday before he quit.

bjork

300-day login bonus, 10 gems.

Guess I have two pulls for the sugo, even if I hadn't intended to pull at all. It's a STR up, so I imagine I'll get two Sanjis.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
70 Gems saved for Sugofest. My body is ready.

Edit: Seeing a lot of speculation that Bandai Namco will plan another Christmas event. While it's certainly very possible, lemme explain to you why I don't think it's likely. The App Store shuts down over the holiday season, usually a week+ before Christmas, through New Year. So whatever position you are on the charts (top grossing, top downloaded, etc) is locked-in and unchanging during that period, which lasts like 2-3 weeks.

This is HUGELY important, since millions of new devices are activated over Christmas, and these millions of devices hit up the App Store for the first time to find some stuff to download. It's gamesmanship amongst the game makers... who can run the highest profile special event to goose up their $ grossing and Downloads the most during this tiny pre-Holiday window, which will determine their ranking for the 2-3 most important weeks of the year? They offer crazy-steep discounts over a very tiny period, in order to lock-in favorable chart positioning before the shutdown.

The counter-argument to all this is that the announced December Sugo is well before the shutdown. So I don't really understand what Bandai Namco is doing, timing-wise. Either they're opting out, or they'll plan a very large event just 2+ weeks after this one? Not sure. Point is... I personally don't expect anything too nuts over Xmas.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
well it's way more work than it is worth, especially given we are not under skillup event and so at the mercy of shitty Base RNG
also, 9 skillups needed.. so, even counting being lucky, it's around 45 evolved carue

I'm skipping attempting to special level the Duck Squad unit myself. I do think it's way more work than it's worth, while the slot changing aspect of the special is nice. It feels too specific and situational in a rainbow team. At best I'm grabbing a single Carue unit for my box for fun.

Support! Supersonic Duck Squadron!
Randomly changes all orbs into either STR, DEX, QCK, PSY or INT orbs, freely switch orbs between slots 3 times. (Cooldown 26 turns -> 17 turns)

70 Gems saved for Sugofest. My body is ready.

Edit: Seeing a lot of speculation that Bandai Namco will plan another Christmas event. While it's certainly very possible, lemme explain to you why I don't think it's likely. The App Store shuts down over the holiday season, usually a week+ before Christmas, through New Year. So whatever position you are on the charts (top grossing, top downloaded, etc) is locked-in and unchanging during that period, which lasts like 2-3 weeks.

I appreciate your theory, I personally think it's a lot simpler than that. The last two months have shown that Bamco have gotten more comfortable in terms of managing new and old content, whilst trying to maximize profit. Even though we can't predict what comes anymore, we still have the Japan roadmap. And in the case of this week's upcoming 48 hour Sugo, it could perhaps just be the start of us getting two Sugos per month as well.

With the game being server based and how push automated the updates are, too much time remains after this week's Sugo for that 'to be it'. I'm just in the camp that believes it would be too empty of a month without anything thematic going on, given what was done for Halloween abruptly. So short of a vacation notice from their Global skeleton crew, the timing and the calender feels too opportunistic to not do anything from a business perspective.

chrono01

Heh at least we can share the disappointment xD Still no Legend unit or Ark Maxim drop... Well maybe next year we get more lucky.
Yes, let's believe that 2016 will be the year for us to shine. Nothing but great luck incoming!

Congrats! Smoker is a great unit.

300-day login bonus, 10 gems.

Guess I have two pulls for the sugo, even if I hadn't intended to pull at all. It's a STR up, so I imagine I'll get two Sanjis.
I got my 300-day login today too. It's been longer than I thought it was, haha.

As for Sugofest, I'm thinking of going back to my five pulls and then calling it. I would like a Legend unit, and a lot of the featured ones are new for me [Jimbe, Kuma, Izo, Rakuyo, X Drake, Killer], however the STR rate up means lots of Bepo, Firepearl, and Arlong. I can tell.

I'll do my five pulls and see if I can't get a bit of luck.

linkent

damn, the list of the enhanced guys it's alluring for me since I have only kuma and bepo of the batch.. but i think I'll reserve my gems for later...
That bolded part sounds like it will be a nightmare for you this sugo >.<
Let me pray to GodCoby that you wont get dupes of those 2 and let everyone get LogLuffy or WB!

cw_sasuke

Which units did you guy use to clear Alvidas max 15 taps mission ? Feels like i am missing a unit with a low enough cool down.

Yes, let's believe that 2016 will be the year for us to shine. Nothing but great luck incoming!
I will have to quote that post for future references lol. 2016 they year we strike back.

btw. If you could have one of the currently available Legends which one would you want ? For me it probably would be Whitebeard...dude is just OP xD

From the upcoming ones...Legend Ace looks kinda awesome with the right subs.

Heng

Which units did you guy use to clear Alvidas max 15 taps mission ? Feels like i am missing a unit with a low enough cool down.

I will have to quote that post for future references lol. 2016 they year we strike back.

btw. If you could have one of the currently available Legends which one would you want ? For me it probably would be Whitebeard...dude is just OP xD

From the upcoming ones...Legend Ace looks kinda awesome with the right subs.
Kid, Fullbody, and Dog Penguin if you have them at low CD (although Kid is already low enough). I'll leave kid up for now if you want to do the mission in the next 12 hours. Attack only with Kid and use specials to finish off units when you can.

bjork

Turtle time allowed me to finally max my Mihawk, so he's done. I guess I'll try and focus on Smoker next, as far as DEX goes. Didn't so a single run on any of the raids, but now I kinda wish I'd run some MC ones, I hadn't really used him until this green turtle time but now I can see how value, as a captain or a sub.

cw_sasuke

Kid, Fullbody, and Dog Penguin if you have them at low CD (although Kid is already low enough). I'll leave kid up for now if you want to do the mission in the next 12 hours. Attack only with Kid and use specials to finish off units when you can.

Thanks man i will give the mission another shot right away. Completely forgot that Kid also attacks all units in addition to changing his own orb.

Will edit this post if im done/cleared it.

Edit:
Thanks cleared the missions. For some reason I didn't realize that you can stall on the mission... Thought you had to clear every wave asap.
Turtle time allowed me to finally max my Mihawk, so he's done. I guess I'll try and focus on Smoker next, as far as DEX goes. Didn't so a single run on any of the raids, but now I kinda wish I'd run some MC ones, I hadn't really used him until this green turtle time but now I can see how value, as a captain or a sub.

Very nice !!! Max skill/lvl Mihawk is more or less mandatory at this point xD

Heng

Thanks cleared the missions. For some reason I didn't realize that you can stall on the mission... Thought you had to clear every wave asap.
Nice! Yeah I didn't realize that at first either.

I can't wait for new mission to come out, they don't seem too hard.

Majukun

That bolded part sounds like it will be a nightmare for you this sugo >.<
Let me pray to GodCoby that you wont get dupes of those 2 and let everyone get LogLuffy or WB!
yeah, since the start I got an affinity with strenght characters.. of course this affinity doesn't include log luffy and wb

Majukun

they sound boring though..like recruitiing 30 marines
i already have one marine team prepared apart fom the yellow guy

edit:sorry for the double post

RalchAC

Very nice !!! Max skill/lvl Mihawk is more or less mandatory at this point xD

Mine has been stuck at 94 (max s.lvl though) for a while. It feels bad spending turtles with units that can be socketable with dupes (basically Strawhats + Fortnight + Raid units). I don't have any problem with RR only characters though.

I hope we get them soon though. I like (to a certain degree) farming raid bosses, but it feels horrible when you think that you will be forced to keep doing the same raid boss after you've already done >100 runs trying to max him. I dunno, it kind of distorts the sense of progression a little bit :(

EDIT: It seems somebody datamined the game and found Heracles'n in the game files. So maybe he is next or something?

I'll only get 1 copy if true. Not much reason to farm him yet TBH.

Majukun

but howw exactly sockets work?
i mean,you have to choose what bonuses you want the first time and then stick with them?
or you can level up all the bonuses and then choose and swap them as you please?

bjork

Looks like the Shells Town missions are mostly simple. Somehow I don't have my Cabin Boy Coby's skill maxed for the one where you need to use his special, but I can't imagine it being tough.

24 cost team needs a Coby, so he's 9. If you do Coby and 4 crabs, that's only 17 total, might not even need a friend captain for it.

Spinx

i mean,you have to choose what bonuses you want the first time and then stick with them?
or you can level up all the bonuses and then choose and swap them as you please?

You have to stick with it. You can choose to change a socket but you start from scratch.

RalchAC

It's random. You feed 1 dupe / socket book and you get a +1 in one of the different socket types randomly. If you say "Yes", a slot gets filled. If you say "No" that point gets lost.

You can't choose where to use that point. They aren't even saved. So we're going to farm another 50 Mihawks after those launch in order to get the socket we want.

Majukun

It's random. You feed 1 dupe / socket book and you get a +1 in one of the different socket types randomly. If you say "Yes", a slot gets filled. If you say "No" that point gets lost.

You can't choose where to use that point. They aren't even saved. So we're going to farm another 50 Mihawks after those launch in order to get the socket we want.

damn..got it.
is ther any gerarcy for the sockets?anti lock and anti glooom seems almost mandatory..but i remember reading somewhere that the most important one was the healing one

RalchAC

damn..got it.
is ther any gerarcy for the sockets?anti lock and anti glooom seems almost mandatory..but i remember reading somewhere that the most important one was the healing one

For what I read:

1.- Matching orbs socket is good enough at level 1.
2.- Healing is useful for teams with low to zero recovery (Monster Chopper or Slasher teams, for example).
3.- Antilock is useful for many bosses (Monster Chopper, Garp, Zephyr, Aokiji...)
4.- Antisilence is useful, but not many bosses use it.
5.- Enviromental damage is important if you have WB and you want to use him against Enel.

You have to stick with it. You can choose to change a socket but you start from scratch.

I wish they'd at least save the points you get in unequiped sockets.

alben

Neo Member
damn..got it.

In general I aim for:

- Level 1 matching orbs (only five points, easy to get with one char)
- Level 3 anti-lock and anti-gloom (20 points, you need 4 chars to get this).
- Either level 5 heal or level 2 CD (24 the heal, 20 points the CD). Heal allows you to stall more, and with cd you have to stall less. Heal is better for training island.

Majukun

For what I read:

2.- Healing is useful for teams with low to zero recovery (Monster Chopper or Slasher teams, for example).

i would have thought the opposite..since MC team have usually so few HP that you go down in one shot so healing is useless
In general I aim for:

- Level 1 matching orbs (only five points, easy to get with one char)
- Level 3 anti-lock and anti-gloom (20 points, you need 4 chars to get this).
- Either level 5 heal or level 2 CD (24 the heal, 20 points the CD). Heal allows you to stall more, and with cd you have to stall less. Heal is better for training island.

so you have to decide all the possible team first and then plan the orbs around that?seems a lot of guess and luck

cw_sasuke

Thats good to hear - i need those gems xD

Cant finish the Alvida Missions yet because i sold my regular Coby a couple months ago because i had to clear the fridge :-/
EDIT: It seems somebody datamined the game and found Heracles'n in the game files. So maybe he is next or something?

Many releasing Heracles before Zephyr is really messed up...at this point i really believe that they are intentionally gimping the Global Raid Lineup so they can prolong Doffys release as much as possible. What a shame... :-/
Mine has been stuck at 94 (max s.lvl though) for a while. It feels bad spending turtles with units that can be socketable with dupes (basically Strawhats + Fortnight + Raid units). I don't have any problem with RR only characters though.

I hope we get them soon though. I like (to a certain degree) farming raid bosses, but it feels horrible when you think that you will be forced to keep doing the same raid boss after you've already done >100 runs trying to max him. I dunno, it kind of distorts the sense of progression a little bit :(

I get it - honestly leveling units above level 80-90 is just something you do because you have exp to max the unit and for your friends to use a higher level units. Level 99 or 90 rarely makes a difference.

btw. About those Sockets...how would a unit like Whitebeard get Socket skills ? I mean there is no farmable version of him or other Gacha exclusives like Ray, Boa etc.

RalchAC

Ok, here is the index for the future OT:

Banner: One Piece Treasure Cruise

0. Index.
1. Presentation
2. FAQ
3. Raid Boss Guides and Videos
4. Useful Links
5. Tier List
6. Story Farming: Who, where and why.
7. Special Thanks (and a Wall of Shame lol)

It's going to be my first OT and it's going to have a lot, lot of text. I'm scared I may need to cut some stuff or whatever, but I wanted to make it as complete as possible. Maybe I went too far lol. Does somebody the max number of characters of a GAF thread lol?

I want to use 2 posts. 1 for points 1-4 and another one for 5-6.

Here is the definitve document. (Quote to see)

I guess it's about time I post in the OT thread.

i would have thought the opposite..since MC team have usually so few HP that you go down in one shot so healing is useless

so you have to decide all the possible team first and then plan the orbs around that?seems a lot of guess and luck

Well, you will die anyway if the raid boss attacks you, but you may be able to stall a little bit more than if you didn't have it.

ElChado

Neo Member

I think it'd be hilarious of fat ussop and heracles'n is next on global.

While I and everyone else would love to get doffy since we've been preparing for him for months, maybe bandai realized how broken doffy was as a raid boss, he literally makes teams. Without him if we get training forests or even some raids or challenges, we can't fall back on the safety of doffy, adds a lot more difficulty and again differentiates from japan.

There's also the theory they want to get the 40 stamina ones done before the 60, but would that mean we even get nightmare luffy and buster call before doffy?

Top Bottom