• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Kyou

I'm starting to believe some accounts, such as mine [and yours, apparently], are genuinely cursed. I refuse to believe RNG can be this random.
I seem to have decent luck with story stuff, but man I really want a G3 Luffy because it seems like a domino effect thing.

G3 Luffy -> Can actually grind Mihawk -> Can actually level up Mihawk -> Can get coffin ship

wilstreak

After two hours of constant re-rolling, almost give up since the best that i could get is Jinbei and Kuma, but suddenly this appear

Screenshot_2015-12-09-12-41-00.png

Btw, add me please guys 395,434,771

Thank you for everyone who has give me advice, GAFfers are the best

Majukun

damn cola mission on shells town is gonna be a chore isn't it?
all it's left for me is that and the 30 recruit thing.

for the ones that already did the ranking, how lenient is in terms of perfects? the team that I have in mind has rhythm all over the place between the 6 characters.

Also, if you have problems with the duck squad, feel free to use my Vivi and do a half mihawk half Vivi team.. very easy to do, albeit needs stalling.. but at least you don't depend on meat luck

pelican surf, one side of my wants to congratulate with you for your third legend.. the other one wants to kill you though

not gonna pull this time.. I think.. just got over 60 gems now

makaveli13

Neo Member
After two hours of constant re-rolling, almost give up since the best that i could get is Jinbei and Kuma, but suddenly this appear

Welcome to the Ray club - ill add you :)

RedBoot

I seem to have decent luck with story stuff, but man I really want a G3 Luffy because it seems like a domino effect thing.

G3 Luffy -> Can actually grind Mihawk -> Can actually level up Mihawk -> Can get coffin ship

Eh, there's plenty of ways to beat/grind Mihawk without G3 (some entirely F2P, even). G3 helps with a lot of things, but you can go without it.

I mostly want it because I'd like a Luffy unit that I actually use regularly. This game is mostly Mihawk Piece for me. :p

Duck Squad's no joke. The Vivi Slasher team method will certainly keep you alive til the final fight, but I don't think it's actually ideal: Karue will start hitting you for 11k a turn once he gets below 20% or so. Not even Vivi can save you from that (well, if you had a Zombie team you'd be fine, but I'm not about to farm a fortnight using a zombie team).

I'm thinking Mihawk/Mihawk with a full team of INT slashers. Might bring along GP Usopp too, but one extra turn via Mr. 3 should be enough to burst the last of Carue's health, especially if you save the Mihawk specials for the end. Gotta find slashers with good RCV though. Croc, Mr. 3, and Helmeppo might be enough.

Majukun

Eh, there's plenty of ways to beat/grind Mihawk without G3 (some entirely F2P, even). G3 helps with a lot of things, but you can go without it.

I mostly want it because I'd like a Luffy unit that I actually use regularly. This game is mostly Mihawk Piece for me. :p

Duck Squad's no joke. The Vivi Slasher team method will certainly keep you alive til the final fight, but I don't think it's actually ideal: Karue will start hitting you for 11k a turn once he gets below 20% or so. Not even Vivi can save you from that (well, if you had a Zombie team you'd be fine, but I'm not about to farm a fortnight using a zombie team).

I'm thinking Mihawk/Mihawk with a full team of INT slashers. Might bring along GP Usopp too, but one extra turn via Mr. 3 should be enough to burst the last of Carue's health, especially if you save the Mihawk specials for the end. Gotta find slashers with good RCV though. Croc, Mr. 3, and Helmeppo might be enough.

had no problems with

vivi
mihawk (friend)
Mihawk
croco
Gp usopp
vista

the last 20 percent is not that difficult to clear and by the time you reach that point you are at full health and can survive the 11k attack anyway

RedBoot

Yeah, I didn't go in there with any stalling, which was probably my issue. Too used to just punching through everything, especially since we've had so many fortnights recently that don't use Usopp.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Frigging awesome what a great pull. Those 2 hours were well invested because you will save up so much time in the long run with Rayleigh.

I will add you asap.

@pelicansurf

Damn talk about luck... Congrats man, just in time for those WB skillbooks.

ElChado

Neo Member
damn cola mission on shells town is gonna be a chore isn't it?
all it's left for me is that and the 30 recruit thing.

for the ones that already did the ranking, how lenient is in terms of perfects? the team that I have in mind has rhythm all over the place between the 6 characters.

Also, if you have problems with the duck squad, feel free to use my Vivi and do a half mihawk half Vivi team.. very easy to do, albeit needs stalling.. but at least you don't depend on meat luck

pelican surf, one side of my wants to congratulate with you for your third legend.. the other one wants to kill you though

not gonna pull this time.. I think.. just got over 60 gems now

i ran with double ace lead, miss valentine, billions halberd, kaku, lobster. i took 2 turns on the squid, 1 turn every other stage, and 2 turns on kraken, i ended up having 1 turn where i messed up and missed nearly every hit, and another 2-3 turns worth of greats, ended up still getting top rank reward of about 720k score.

So while it's lenient on the perfects, it's important you clear every stage on one turn, and at the very least get greats if you dont have their attack pattern down

RalchAC

Did 2 pulls. Got a unevolved Rakuyo dupe and PSY Chopper.

I'm not pulling anymore.

Guys.

I'm so sorry.

I'm so so sorry.

9vQqfwS.jpg

Third pull. Lol.

That screen shot was me freaking out as I casually pulled while playing Xenoblad Chronicles.

Wow, congratulations!!! :D

Otherwise ranking is pretty straight forward, pretty sure you just need a cost below 100, clear each stage in one turn with the exception of the last one and you're good. I imagine if you one turn Kraken though, you'll break the 800k point barrier.

I used 2x Ace, Miss Valentine, Baroque Millions, Dogguin and Horn Point (QCK) Chopper. Got a score of 750k one shooting everything besides Kraken, which took my 2 turns, since I wanted to trigger the Meat or TND orb special.

Did around 500k damage too.

Is it posible that you have already added me? A P-lvl 8 player called Straw Hat Pirates sent me and invite (using ID search) so I thought it was you.

Congrats!

I got 4/4 WB books for my stamina just now. Bandai Namco, you must love me.

Buy a lottery ticket, now!

Jayhawk

I got 4/4 WB books for my stamina just now. Bandai Namco, you must love me.

lol the opposite of me so far with Kraken fortnight... 0 WB skill books.

Not sure what captain to leave up for friends to use. Whitebeard captain is great for the new fortnight, and Hancock captain is great for Kraken. Ace captain is great for the challenge.

I think I won't spam Kraken as much for the WB skill books. I'll focus on getting GP Usopp skill books until I feel I have a good amount. I'm also struggling with box space because of all the Garps I am holding for a skill up week.

DrAg0nBoY

Why the heck am I trying to get something at sugo? Made 5 pulls got nothing but (bad) dupes. Will probably try 2 more times if I get the gems till tomorow... This game sucks.

Sorry I wasn't paying attention the last few pages. What is the best team to beat the ranking mission?

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Went back in with 10 more pulls over the course of playing (did 2 inbetween runs, another 2, then ended the night with 6). New units were Bellmere and Kaya (both silver), whom I'm positive I'll see more of in the future.

Then stopped at this...

I got my 3 gems easily at 747k with 2x Ace, Lucci, H.Zoro, Kaku and a Blue Crab.

The scoring seems lenient too, as I had a few greats and one miss (first Kraken turn). I was able to bumrush each normal stage in 1 turn and took 2 turns to defeat Kraken (obviously without any orb manipulation).

I only did 2 pulls this time around (last Sugo + farming Garp wiped me out). I got Rebel Leader Koza (New) and Kuroobi (Dupe).

Okay gonna do a handful of sugo pulls:

1. v1 luffy.
2. LOG Chopper. (5 stars)
3. Bartholomew Kuma (5 stars)

4. Killer (dupe, but needed 4 stars for my log anyway)
5. mr.3
6. Jimbe (4 stars)
7. v1 luffy.
8. Capone. (dupe)

Gonna leave it at that for now, didn't have either Kuma or Jimbe so they're both welcome additions.

chrono01

Insane start, congrats!

I'll send you a Friend Request in a short while. Currently running Ace in-case people need him for the ranking event, other than that I usually run my max-skilled Mihawk or G3 Luffy [depending].

Went back in with 10 more pulls over the course of playing (did 2 inbetween runs, another 2, then ended the night with 6). New units were Bellmere and Kaya (both silver), whom I'm positive I'll see more of in the future.

Then stopped at this...
Nice work, congrats!

I got my 3 gems easily at 747k with 2x Ace, Lucci, H.Zoro, Kaku and a Blue Crab.

The scoring seems lenient too, as I had a few greats and one miss (first Kraken turn). I was able to bumrush each normal stage in 1 turn and took 2 turns to defeat Kraken (obviously without any orb manipulation).

I only did 2 pulls this time around (last Sugo + farming Garp wiped me out). I got Rebel Leader Koza (New) and Kuroobi (Dupe).
I used this exact team [except a Lobster instead of Crab since I didn't have any of the latter on me], and I easily hit just under 740k. Easy gems!

Majukun

yep,this bounty was way easier than the franky one..3 gems easy

only gem i haven't already got of the ones we got today is the one by getting cola in a shell town stage...does double drop counts for cola too?

xrokis

pulled 3 times got
Tashigi 4* (only ever got her 3*)
Mr. 5 4* (dupe)
Kidd 4* (dupe)

at least i got no silvers i guess :D
gonna save my gems for the strong world batch, maybe by then i'll have enough luck saved up to get my first legend...
congrats to anyone who got something good :)

on another note, i farmed story mode last week to get all the maybe useful units i didn't have and it went quite well. loot:
chess (evolved to cheemarimo)
shoujo
braham (instantly maxed his special with all the saved up skillbooks)
yama
wyper (also maxed his special)
ms doublefinger (she is still the only good green orb booster in jp)
and my personal white whales
zeff & croc

it was unreal when i saw the silver poster for zeff. i can't remember how many times i ran his stage. at some point you don't even expect it anymore.
enel you are next!
he will never drop ;_;

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
With Bamco withholding stronger/useful Raidbosses and Global still about to get Socket i guess my playtime will be lower for the rest of the year - which is fine because of the Holidays.

Just not too interested in Heracles/Buster Call etc. Raid Bosses with the more essential additions still missing. Well i still have to get those Story Ark Maxim drops.

PS. I think i will be running Kraken the next couple days...where my Killers at ? lol

Does carue only "cure" delay on the 3rd turn btw?

I decided to delay him at 30-35% to burst down his final life with mihawk's specials; but I was curious how his delay removal mechanic works exactly.

Dandte

Is it just me or is this fortnight like really hard?
Tnami/ tnami
Hawkins/ robin
Broggy/ Marine guy

Except hawkins all of them are max Level. I don't have to stall or use any skills at all, so far this is one of the easiest Dungeons for me. 544 hp per meat is also nice

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

Then stopped at this...
Nice! How many legends for you? Is it 4?

Uthred

Is there a summary of whats been added to the game out there? Stopped playing around the point Little Garden was released and thinking about picking it up again

Tidd

Is there a summary of whats been added to the game out there? Stopped playing around the point Little Garden was released and thinking about picking it up again

http://optc.github.io/drops/ and mark "show only global"

where do you guys got the cola drop for shells town's mission?
i keep trying but no chest drops

I would wait till double droprate and then run the chapter with the highest enemy count.

bjork

Did three pulls:

Namule
Base Sanji
Rakuyo

Namule and Rakuyo are new for me, so I can't complain too much. Also Rakuyo dropped at level 50 so I could evolve him right away. Slowly working on my missions, since I gave the ducks a try and got killed on the 5 stamina one.

RedBoot

On Duck Squad, I'm finding success with Mihawk/Mihawk with Slasher Croc, Helmeppo, Mr. 3, and Shanks as the crew. That might be a tough team to replicate, but your best 3 INT Slashers along with your highest RCV slasher (which is Shanks in my case) should be enough. Having both Mihawks skill leveled enough to be ready at Carue helps, but you can probably get by with one. Just hit Carue down to 25-30%, use Mr. 3 and the Mihawks, and burst the rest in two turns.

That being said, this is still kind of a dangerous fortnight. I got killed on stage two this morning because I didn't get a lot of meats in the first few turns and got hit by two dugongs (got negative orbs on that turn and only took out 2 of the 4). Bad luck early on can really sink you.

I ran Mihawk/Vivi + godsopp/Mihawk/Helmeppo/Vista today without too much issue.

Don't have slasher croc, but max vista + 82 helmeppo do enough damage anyway.

Vivi's constant healing compensates quite well for the decrease in damage on this particular fortnight imho.

ah_hia

Vivi is quite good at duck fortnightly as the healing you get will carry you through the stage.whitebeard just wrecks everything.xD

Copons

Did 3 pulls just because.
3 silver posters.

Unevolved Zoro (I didn't even knew it was in the RR, goddamit! :D )
Kuroobi

and FFS

MR FUCKING TWO

I'm sort of crying of joy.

Hana-Bi

Yeah, why am I even trying anymore?

Made over 20 pulls and the only new chars are Jimbe (okay) and Nojiko. I got five fucking Kumas, two Balloon Luffys, two normal Luffys, three Alvidas, two Kidds and two Arlongs... Wow...

RedBoot

Yeah, why am I even trying anymore?

Made over 20 pulls and the only new chars are Jimbe (okay) and Nojiko. I got five fucking Kumas, two Balloon Luffys, two normal Luffys, three Alvidas, two Kidds and two Arlongs... Wow...

I do think we're hitting a point (for those of us who have been playing since launch) where even people with average to sub-par luck probably have a good portion of the RR-only units available, at least enough that dupes are going to be extremely prominent. It doesn't help that we've only had one "full" set of new units in the last four sugo additions (Shichibukai, Log 1 and Log 2 were all only 3 new units, WB2 was the full one). I've only got one of the Supernova 2 units and one WB2 unit, but I've generally got 3-4 of the units from each other batch.

If you're seeing too many dupes, it might be best to hold off on doing more than a couple pulls per sugo (or any at all) until we get more batches. Once SW1&2 and WB3 show up, it should be a bit better. And I suspect we'll see those three soon enough, since the game has a bit of a soft time limit coming up: the new types (Freedom, etc) need to show up roughly alongside the Revolutionaries sugo batch. Right now Global is getting story modes faster than Japan, while I think we're seeing RR batches slightly slower. They might normalize those a bit moving forward.

Dandte

I'm kinda pissed at the game today, maybe I need a break

i was at the same point after last sugo:

Base Tashigi
GPUsopp
Log Usopp
Story 4* Sanji
Log Usopp
Base Usopp

Then the double skill up and BB came

9 ups from 60 copies

and i'm still farming Croco, mr 1,Enel and his buddys. Also no Usopp V2 or Mr. 2

I was like, why should i play anymore, this game isn't rewarding at all for me, but with the new island i got back, and i still like it...well like allways the sugo was shit:

4* Rakyuo....like everybody???
Base Vivi
4* Story Sanji

the next time i will pull will be the sw1 +2 sugo, also tomorrow is day 300 :D

bjork

I'm not sure what the specific is for the friend captain on the all-marine mission, but I'm leaving up a green sword dude for people to use. Is it just any of those five base marines?

RedBoot

I'm not sure what the specific is for the friend captain on the all-marine mission, but I'm leaving up a green sword dude for people to use. Is it just any of those five base marines?

Yeah, any of the "apprentices" should work. I suspect you'll only see the Saber Apprentice since he's required to be the captain for that mission. It's all I saw, anyway.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

You just need one of the apprentices as a helper captain for the 6th mission I think. So whomever you share will be good.

I'm kinda pissed at the game today, maybe I need a break

Taking a break is always a good thing, there were times where it almost felt suffocating in the sense of 'needing/wanting' to do this or that when events came before I took a month off. Now I personally just pick/choose and am enjoying it a lot more. The content will always be there and come back. I'm speaking anecdotally, but there was one really high PLV player who was gone for 50-70 days and has caught up quickly since coming back. I see many others of various PLVs high and low with "indefinite hiatus" as their names. Sometimes you just gotta take a break. If you can afford to just login in for the daily gem, that's all you need to do.

Nice! How many legends for you? Is it 4?

Yessir. I was greedily fishing for Boa (one day!) and just got lucky again with Sengoku... seeing that red poster fall is pretty exciting no matter what. Him being LV50 already is definitely gonna save some time. At this point I need a full new batch of units or a QCK rate up before I attempt to pull again. The odds for what I need and being successful keeps shrinking while the pool of rare recruits is just getting larger now.

Also, nice work on that 4/4 for WB books, game owed you on the 0/30 MC.

Nice work, congrats!

Thank you sir. Hoping that you and many others here get that elusive red poster much sooner than later.

I FINALLY PULLED A FREAKING BALLOON LUFFY!!!!!

I've waited for this moment for so long. Feels freaking good man. Real freaking good.

Also pulled a Killer, which is nice, but NOT AS NICE AS THE LUFFY!!!!

Reminds me of Takashi, one of Japanese OPTC players who has a Youtube channel. He was after G3 for so long and cried when he finally got it. Really happy to see you get him dude. G3 changed a lot of the gameplay for me early on and I was able to benefit as well. Still one of the best captains and once sockets/slots arrive, the lock/silence resistance will make him exceptional.

Majukun

as foreseen, Marco 's skillbooks are really rare in this fortnight... still I think. i' la continue farming it tomorrow.. I really want to max him finally.. then it's either farming story guys or the kraken

Uthred

Did you already do this? Dupes are going to come in handy when we get sockets.

Already done it, mah emotions ;) What are sockets? I think Shanks and Arlong were the only two "good" units I had dupes for so probably not a huge loss (especially as looking at tier lists both seem to have dropped a lot)

Top Bottom