• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RedBoot

as foreseen, Marco 's skillbooks are really rare in this fortnight... still I think. i' la continue farming it tomorrow.. I really want to max him finally.. then it's either farming story guys or the kraken

I've only gotten in about four runs so far, but it's giving me Shandia vibes with the drops. :( Hopefully that's just some bad luck. I only need about 4 more levels on Marco and 2 on Usopp, so I don't need a whole bunch...

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
You just need one of the apprentices as a helper captain for the 6th mission I think. So whomever you share will be good.

Taking a break is always a good thing, there were times where it almost felt suffocating in the sense of 'needing/wanting' to do this or that when events came before I took a month off. Now I personally just pick/choose and am enjoying it a lot more. The content will always be there and come back. I'm speaking anecdotally, but there was one really high PLV player who was gone for 50-70 days and has caught up quickly since coming back. I see many others of various PLVs high and low with "indefinite hiatus" as their names. Sometimes you just gotta take a break. If you can afford to just login in for the daily gem, that's all you need to do.

Yessir. I was greedily fishing for Boa (one day!) and just got lucky again with Sengoku... seeing that red poster fall is pretty exciting no matter what. Him being LV50 already is definitely gonna save some time. At this point I need a full new batch of units or a QCK rate up before I attempt to pull again. The odds for what I need and being successful keeps shrinking while the pool of rare recruits is just getting larger now.

Also, nice work on that 4/4 for WB books, game owed you on the 0/30 MC.

Thank you sir. Hoping that you and many others here get that elusive red poster much sooner than later.

Reminds me of Takashi, one of Japanese OPTC players who has a Youtube channel. He was after G3 for so long and cried when he finally got it. Really happy to see you get him dude. G3 changed a lot of the gameplay for me early on and I was able to benefit as well. Still one of the best captains and once sockets/slots arrive, the lock/silence resistance will make him exceptional.
I think our boxes are probably pretty similar at this point. I also need a QCK rate up before I consider pulling again. Thatch, Boa, and Capone are the RR characters that I need to make blue on par with the rest of my colors. Red and Purple are waaaay ahead, followed by yellow, then green, and lastly blue.

Majukun

Already done it, mah emotions ;) What are sockets? I think Shanks and Arlong were the only two "good" units I had dupes for so probably not a huge loss (especially as looking at tier lists both seem to have dropped a lot)
watch this
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aLDm6QV3e6A
I've only gotten in about four runs so far, but it's giving me Shandia vibes with the drops. :( Hopefully that's just some bad luck. I only need about 4 more levels on Marco and 2 on Usopp, so I don't need a whole bunch...
I only need 2 levels. on Marco and none on usopp, but I still got only 2 Marco skillbooks for now.. tons of. bonnet and Vivi ones

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I think our boxes are probably pretty similar at this point. I also need a QCK rate up before I consider pulling again. Thatch, Boa, and Capone are the RR characters that I need to make blue on par with the rest of my colors. Red and Purple are waaaay ahead, followed by yellow, then green, and lastly blue.

From what I've seen in this thread and through time as pirate friends, most likely! I'm missing the log units as I mentioned before (minus Brook, Luffy) and Sakura Nami. But realistically those units outside of Log Luffy are pretty much novelty/collectors. I feel confident they'll come in time. However, I will say my favorite collector and perhaps overall units I have are the three kids (Ace/Sabo/Luffy). Otherwise I'm like you, need a QCK rate up and am missing Boa, Thatch and Jimbe.

I have a majority of the story units, but am still missing a large handful I want to say. I'm still not super focused on completing the character log yet... I more so go about collecting/trying to drop favorite/main characters from the series. And that's the problem with this game... there are too many! I really want a Gladiator Lucy unit, lol.

Kyou

I dont know if I have great luck or terrible luck but I have Vivi books out my ass and have only gotten 1 Usopp

I'd really like to max Usopp...

RalchAC

Is there any INT captain with increased recovery? I feel like a captain with 2x ATK and 1.5x / 2x RCV should be the best.

The Meat debuff at the start reduces the healing I get from Meat to around 700-800 HP.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I dont know if I have great luck or terrible luck but I have Vivi books out my ass and have only gotten 1 Usopp

I'd really like to max Usopp...

From what I've read from/talked to other players, Marco and Usopp books may only drop from the ducks and it might be specific ducks like how Karoo drops Bonney books.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Pretty crazy Sugofest for me.

I went for broke because... why not? Ever since I've been "back" after ~2-3 months away I've only been playing pretty casually 3-4 times total per week, so I figured I might as well drain my gem stockpile and see what I end up with. I don't have G3, WB, or (obviously) Log Luffy, so it felt like a good Sugo to pull heavy.

In terms of raw pulls, it was... probably the best Sugofest ever? Loads and loads of heavy-hitters. Unfortunately it was several faces I had already collected:

• Basil (dupe)
  • LS Zoro (dupe)
  • Vista (dupe)
  • Rakuyo
    [*]Namule
  • Story Sanji
  • Kuroobi
  • Nojiko
    [*]Log Nami
    [*]Kuma (5* lvl 50... nice)
    [*]Don Krieg (new to me - never farmed him)
    [*]Fossa
  • Choo

For those keeping track, that's 9/13 gacha-exclusives, 6/13 new to me, and I think 2/13 that are super useful, A+ pulls that will see play (Log Nami and Kuma?). After pulling Basil, LS Zoro, and Vista back-to-back right at the start, I was like "Man... for a new player this would be the best Sugo ever."

I've been out of the scene... are any of these pulls besides Nami and Kuma useful?

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I've been out of the scene... are any of these pulls besides Nami and Kuma useful?

From what you've bolded:

I like Rakuyo as a unit, he's another heavy PSY hitter and also has a relatively short enough cooldown (16) which self orbs himself and your captain. I've been using him a lot in my rainbow teams lately. Easy and quick animation to hit I find. Also you can pair him with other strikers, like Urouge, or in a Kid team.

Namule I used during the Brook fortnight, he's a fighter and boosts them as well with his special. There really isn't any restrictions that I'm aware of where "fighters only" come into play. But he has a decent 1,300+ attack when fully leveled which places him along with Law and Mihawk for quick 4 combo hitting power. Otherwise he's a solid DEX unit along with the other Whitebeard crew who are typically heavy hitters.

Nojiko is one of the new 'bonds of friendship' units, but not much to say about her unfortunately.

Log Nami is probably one of the more useful log characters in regards to her special. In the recent Franky ranking she was used to get some pretty high scores. She has a low enough cooldown to start with and will boost orbs.

Kuma is works well too as another STR unit, in combination with other units it'll help get orbs. He's a shooter and if you want to run 2x/2x teams with attack and HP, that works. We just had his skillbooks however in the Skypiea fortnight which just ended.

Don Krieg is a decent INT hitter, personally I used him when Garp first came out and his animation is easy enough I've found. His special is a 999 turn poison, but it's nothing comparable to the farmable Sir Crocodile evolution's poison special which will be extremely useful when the Princess Turtle comes out.

Lastly Fossa, is the STR orb booster, he's got a relatively high cooldown now which only maxes to 18 when his skillbooks become available. The cooldown is a bit too high in my opinion but I think he's a cool unit. Another strong STR slasher, however Arlong still bests him in raw attack.

--

Some of these units have second types which I haven't listed, mainly because we don't have that released in Global yet as well as the sockets/slots upgrade where some of these units will benefit more to your overall team. Give this website a check for more in-depth info: https://optc.github.io/

RedBoot

Fossa also features in some goofy teams that use his captain ability to make Monster Chopper (among others) do insane damage with their specials. Not sure how often they see use, but they're fun. :)

As for "fighters only" restrictions, each of the four upcoming Impel Down fortnights focus on one of the character classes. They don't prevent you from using other classes (like the color type fortnights we've had), but the stat penalties are so severe that you wouldn't use anyone else outside of utility (Usopp, etc).

pelicansurf

From what I've seen in this thread and through time as pirate friends, most likely! I'm missing the log units as I mentioned before (minus Brook, Luffy) and Sakura Nami. But realistically those units outside of Log Luffy are pretty much novelty/collectors. I feel confident they'll come in time. However, I will say my favorite collector and perhaps overall units I have are the three kids (Ace/Sabo/Luffy). Otherwise I'm like you, need a QCK rate up and am missing Boa, Thatch and Jimbe.

I have a majority of the story units, but am still missing a large handful I want to say. I'm still not super focused on completing the character log yet... I more so go about collecting/trying to drop favorite/main characters from the series. And that's the problem with this game... there are too many! I really want a Gladiator Lucy unit, lol.

Yeah, I have Jinbe, but I feel like he's not really utilized in QCK teams. If peopl actually liked Fighter teams, I'd be set!

I have Log Luffy, Sanji, Chopper, and Robin. Robin being my favorite novelty character because the art is pretty sweet.

I am completely ignoring the character log. I cut any character that isn't novelty cool not useful in any way. I'm waiting for Dressrosa 6-star Zoro to show up one day and for him to be suuuuper sick.

Also what I'm getting out of our conversations is whoever gets Boa first wins, right?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
From what you've bolded:
--

Some of these units have second types which I haven't listed, mainly because we don't have that released in Global yet as well as the sockets/slots upgrade where some of these units will benefit more to your overall team. Give this website a check for more in-depth info: https://optc.github.io/

Great - thank you! I actually have pretty good luck with Sugos and have a very respectable box, although it won't wow heavy players or anything. But because I've pulled some good units it makes people like Rakuyo and Namule a little less exciting. I already have Shanks as a Psy heavy hitter, QCK units from Fortnites, etc.

It's interesting... the bigger my collection gets, the more "narrow" the use case becomes for a character. Kuma may or may not get use as a Sub in a STR team for example, but, like Vista, I'm assuming there might be some opportunity to use him as a captain when I need the HP.

bjork

Vista is handy in INT-only events, or something like this duck fortnight. But Kuma is basically the STR equivalent of Vista, so he might have a similar use too? I think now that BB is out, people will just roll BB, but Kuma is nice to have too. :)

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I have Jinbe, but I feel like he's not really utilized in QCK teams. If peopl actually liked Fighter teams, I'd be set!

Also what I'm getting out of our conversations is whoever gets Boa first wins, right?

Lol, sure. We can call it the Boa campaign. You're right, Jimbe probably doesn't get much use as a unit, but for me a good portion of the game is almost pokedex like. Whenever possible I like using units I haven't before, right now with duck isle I've got Siam and Curiel in my team. So I'd definitely have use for Jimbe, he just needs to join my crew!

It's interesting... the bigger my collection gets, the more "narrow" the use case becomes for a character. Kuma may or may not get use as a Sub in a STR team for example, but, like Vista, I'm assuming there might be some opportunity to use him as a captain when I need the HP.

That may be the case and sometimes you have no choice in regards to captain selection amongst friends. But there are always viable team compositions for clearing events and most of the time it's 'clearing it once' versus 'clearing it multiple times'. Eventually the latter only matters if you're mass farming and want a fast run time. Otherwise I find that all units will have their use eventually, plus preference of seeing X on your team is always fun. Glad you were able to get new recruits.

Jayhawk

Put up my max level Log Nami as friend captain for the new fortnight, since she's great for it. You'll also get to see some ridiculous numbers when you stack her special with Robin's when your INT team has INT orbs.

Dawg

Not exactly happy with my Sugo pulls...

• Curiel (new)
  • Tony Tony Chopper Horn Point :)@)
  • Usopp Voyage Dream: Brave Sea Warrior (new)
  • Mr. 2 Bon Clay :)@@@@)
  • Usopp Golden Pound (;_;)
  • Mr. 3 (new)

So, starting off right away, I have three duplicates. Mr. 2 being the worst. I swear to god I get this guy almost every single sugo. I'm so tired of seeing him drop. Truly the (poisoned) gift that keeps on giving.

Other three guys are new, but I'm not too sure how good they are. Mr. 3 is an extra turn delay guy but he's farmable so I don't feel TOO happy. But yeah, at least he's a new addition. Not sure how good the Voyage Dream Usopp is.

Ceriel seems like the only drop I'm kinda okay with. I've been wanting a new INT unit to replace Don Krieg in my high-end INT team. I have Vista, Moria, Nico Robin, Basil Hawkins and Don Krieg. All of them are 5 star units except for Krieg. I'm not sure how good Ceriel is, though.

Tidd

2 Marco books, 2 Bonny books and 4 GPU books. A little bit disappointed because my goal was to get 3 Marco books per day. That said I wasted some stamina on the mission and the Kraken challenge so maybe this would've get me my 3rd book.

And damn this island sucks if you want to evolve pigs and Karoos... Because you can only use skill books to level them. The "fooder" animals all have skills which I want to max. :( They aren't really necessary but I like to complete things.

bjork

Not exactly happy with my Sugo pulls...

• Curiel (new)
  • Tony Tony Chopper Horn Point :)@)
  • Usopp Voyage Dream: Brave Sea Warrior (new)
  • Mr. 2 Bon Clay :)@@@@)
  • Usopp Golden Pound (;_;)
  • Mr. 3 (new)

So, starting off right away, I have three duplicates. Mr. 2 being the worst. I swear to god I get this guy almost every single sugo. I'm so tired of seeing him drop. Truly the (poisoned) gift that keeps on giving.

Other three guys are new, but I'm not too sure how good they are. Mr. 3 is an extra turn delay guy but he's farmable so I don't feel TOO happy. But yeah, at least he's a new addition. Not sure how good the Voyage Dream Usopp is.

Ceriel seems like the only drop I'm kinda okay with. I've been wanting a new INT unit to replace Don Krieg in my high-end INT team. I have Vista, Moria, Nico Robin, Basil Hawkins and Don Krieg. All of them are 5 star units except for Krieg. I'm not sure how good Ceriel is, though.

Log Usopp seems pretty good, still has a turn delay but he also cuts enemy defense. I wouldn't mind it, plus he's a striker so he'd get a boost in a Kidd or Rakuyo team.

pelicansurf

Ad69X2l.jpg

Level 50 head start feels good.

Majukun

damn..latelky everything this game does is irritating..the drop rate on carue island is irritating,the cola mission on shells town is irritating..the farming without results is irritating..
i have like 3 evolved carue and 4 skillbooks of marco from my farming since the whole event started

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
damn..latelky everything this game does is irritating..the drop rate on carue island is irritating,the cola mission on shells town is irritating..the farming without results is irritating..
i have like 3 evolved carue and 4 skillbooks of marco from my farming since the whole event started

Erm...the event is just a day old at this point xD
And its not really irritating...just RNG, same way it has been since Day 1.

PS. 4 Marco skillbooks per day would be a great rate for the event.

Majukun

Erm...the event is just a day old at this point xD
And its not really irritating...just RNG, same way it has been since Day 1.

PS. 4 Marco skillbooks per day would be a great rate for the event.

well i reason more in stamina bars than days..and yesterday got 2 refills :p

also,if i got this straight..basically marco skillbooks only drop if you get a secret stage and it drops a chest,otherwise is just 2 types of vivi skillbooks and nothing else
so if you are also interested in famring carue,you have to choose between the two

and it's possible that the same kin d of "drop condition" it's shared with GP usopp's ones..so i must consider myself lucky to not have gotten those instead

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
well i reason more in stamina bars than days..and yesterday got 2 refills :p

Hmm...okay that makes it look a bit worse indeed. How many Usopp books did you get during that time ? It seems like Bamco has dropped the Golden Pound skill book drop rate by quite a lot since the first Kuro Fortnight.

Anyway good luck on getting those Marco books, im skipping this Fortnight because i dont need any of the skillbooks or Caroue.

RalchAC

Since they gave 3 free gems today, I decided to do 1 more pull. I got Pell, which at least I didn't have.

My Carue island team from now on will be the following one:

Log Nami / Towel Nami
Crocodile / Hawkins
Buggy / Ussop

With Buggy and Log Nami special I can kill carue in 2 turns, which is nice. BTW, do you know if Carue uses his <20% skill even if he is delayed?

Majukun

Hmm...okay that makes it look a bit worse indeed. How many Usopp books did you get during that time ? It seems like Bamco has dropped the Golden Pound skill book drop rate by quite a lot since the first Kuro Fortnight.

Anyway good luck on getting those Marco books, im skipping this Fortnight because i dont need any of the skillbooks or Caroue.

only one skillbook for GP..but I'm ok with that since it's already maxed for me

as i said,for marco the condition for the drop seems clear..get a secret stage (either?) and get a chest drop instead of a duck..i don't know about Gp usopp though...it might be the same and so have a 50-50 chance of getting either marco or gp usopp skillbooks..but lately i always got marco's
then you have bonney that you get with a chest in the boss stage,the 2 vivi skillbooks that are random and then the sea cat one that i got once and have no idea how.

Majukun

Are we supposed to evolve a whole bunch of Karoos to create his skillbooks?

yeah
basically i'ts impossible to bring it down to a decent amount no matter what..i managed to evolve 3 for now,but i keep getting bonney skillbooks at the boss stage
it's a shame because a maxed carue can found it's way in a kid rainbow team quite well..but max it with this drop rate and conditions is insane

and what is worst,is that there isn't even skillbooks for the thing,not even in japan

yeah
basically i'ts impossible to bring it down to a decent amount no matter what..i managed to evolve 3 for now,but i keep getting bonney skillbooks at the boss stage
it's a shame because a maxed carue can found it's way in a kid rainbow team quite well..but max it with this drop rate and conditions is insane

and what is worst,is that there isn't even skillbooks for the thing,not even in japan

Yet his "skillbook" drop rate has still been higher for me than golden pound. :D

Majukun

Yet his "skillbook" drop rate has still been higher for me than golden pound. :D

yeah,but GP usopp has multiple fortnights from which it can drops
carue only has this ..and japan is now so far past this fortnight that i don't think it will ever get a proper skillbook at all..and that's a shame

RalchAC

yeah,but GP usopp has multiple fortnights from which it can drops
carue only has this ..and japan is now so far past this fortnight that i don't think it will ever get a proper skillbook at all..and that's a shame

Fortnights characters never have skill books somewhere else. It's not the biggest lose ever, but it's sad that we won't be able to max him since his skill is not useless (orb shuffler, no TND or RCV). It's the best f2p PSY Striker too...

So far I have 2 Marco books and 3 Usopp ones. Mine is at 13 CD, so theorically 12 should be enough during a skill up. I'm going to try to farm 20 though.

DrAg0nBoY

Well that's it for me and sugo. I am pulling again when Bandai gives you a 100 % sugo unit as your first pull.

Well I did Carue 30 stamina, don't have the will to do more runs. I just can't get a constant run, no matter what.

Does Usopps book drop only on 30 stamina or also on 15?

Majukun

Fortnights characters never have skill books somewhere else. It's not the biggest lose ever, but it's sad that we won't be able to max him since his skill is not useless (orb shuffler, no TND or RCV). It's the best f2p PSY Striker too...

So far I have 2 Marco books and 3 Usopp ones. Mine is at 13 CD, so theorically 12 should be enough during a skill up. I'm going to try to farm 20 though.

i would say it's actuallòy really useful,shuffler and 3 orbs exchange means that in a rainbow team,even with pretty bad luck you are gonna get at least 2 guys with a matching orb using its skill,and that's the pessimistic scenario
A vista x towel team is way faster for clearing this island than vivi x mihawk lol.

sure there's a little bit of risk but otherwise it's way better.

and that's the kind of risk i don't wanna take
it's 30 stamina anyway,so at best i'm gonna do 8 runs a day of that..i can lose a bit more time ,but i hate to waste stamina

and that's the kind of risk i don't wanna take
it's 30 stamina anyway,so at best i'm gonna do 8 runs a day of that..i can lose a bit more time ,but i hate to waste stamina

I think I'm gonna exchange vista for striker Croc actually.

Vista/Towel Nami is perfectly doable ... but it gets extremely risky if you happen to run into every duck squad in a row, basically 0% of building up the HP a vista team needs.

bjork

With Buggy and Log Nami special I can kill carue in 2 turns, which is nice. BTW, do you know if Carue uses his <20% skill even if he is delayed?

I've been tossing a delay on him with Mr. 3 and he hasn't hit me with that skill so far.

A vista x towel team is way faster for clearing this island than vivi x mihawk lol.

sure there's a little bit of risk but otherwise it's way better.

I've been rolling two Towel Namis and just making sure to hit all my food orbs. Robin's special helps, but I have neglected to put Buggy in my team like I've meant to do, so idk if 2x attack with a non-purple orb is as good as a matching orb.

Dawg

They gave 3 free gems. Needed 1 more for sugo. Spent money on this game for the first time ever and bought 1 gem. I got a Zoro.

Pretty sure I've got every single Zoro thrice now.

Also, I'm never spending money on this game again.

Tidd

only one skillbook for GP..but I'm ok with that since it's already maxed for me

as i said,for marco the condition for the drop seems clear..get a secret stage (either?) and get a chest drop instead of a duck..i don't know about Gp usopp though...it might be the same and so have a 50-50 chance of getting either marco or gp usopp skillbooks..but lately i always got marco's
then you have bonney that you get with a chest in the boss stage,the 2 vivi skillbooks that are random and then the sea cat one that i got once and have no idea how.

Regarding the Marco books each time the Banana Gator dropped a chest I got one. It was only 2 times so far but it's still a 100% rate.

Top Bottom