• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RalchAC

i would say it's actuallòy really useful,shuffler and 3 orbs exchange means that in a rainbow team,even with pretty bad luck you are gonna get at least 2 guys with a matching orb using its skill,and that's the pessimistic scenario

I didn't know he moved orbs three times. I may try to evolve a bunch of them then, could be useful for Striker teams or something.

I've been tossing a delay on him with Mr. 3 and he hasn't hit me with that skill so far.

I've been rolling two Towel Namis and just making sure to hit all my food orbs. Robin's special helps, but I have neglected to put Buggy in my team like I've meant to do, so idk if 2x attack with a non-purple orb is as good as a matching orb.

I'm using Buggy and it works quite well tbh.

Regarding the Marco books each time the Banana Gator dropped a chest I got one. It was only 2 times so far but it's still a 100% rate.

I saw the GP Ussop one dropping in the stage with those DEX insects I think. It dropped in the boss too.

Marco has been mostly ducks so far. Fuck RNG, got 3/30 skill ups when I used his books during a skill up event 😔

bjork

I need to clear that Kraken thing so I can get another roll, but I guess I keep having too many greats, I'm winding up in the 640k range and I think you need 700k?

Majukun

I need to clear that Kraken thing so I can get another roll, but I guess I keep having too many greats, I'm winding up in the 640k range and I think you need 700k?

yeah,ove 700k is the objective

with a double ace team and decently leveled unit you should be ok

ralch wanna tap?

Decided to do one more pull this Sugo and grabbed Fossa.

Pretty happy with that. I would assume his special would be pretty useful for the Doffy fight? Errr, at least it would be, but it doesn't look like we'll get his special books until the Pirate Arlong Fortnight. Of course, I guess there's a pretty good chance we could get that before Doffy shows up.

Majukun

just for kicks,i used the gems left on my old secondary account to do 2 pulls..got kuma and kid,both which i already have on my main acount..so i did good to not pull this time..:p

anyone wanna tap?i have 3 tries left

Jayhawk

For people complaining about this fortnight's difficulty, use my Log Nami as friend captain with your Vista or Towel Nami INT team. Just eat all the meat orbs early on, and make sure you're killing off the units that can hurt. Include Buggy in your team to turn meat orbs into INT orbs for the boss. If you have Nico Robin for double INT buff to stack with Log Nami's orb buff, you can one-shot Carue.

RedBoot

Decided to do one more pull this Sugo and grabbed Fossa.

LOL, same here. I'm happy with the pull, his captain ability should make for fun teams. Although now I kind of want to skill up Monster Chopper for it. :/

Also seconding/thirding Log Nami as being useful for Duck Squad. Together with a Towel Nami and Robin (Mr. 3 helps too), it's easily the safest lineup I've found.

bjork

Finally got that Kraken ranking done, so I have enough for one more pull.

Here we go...

it's gold...

4-star Jimbe. Cool, I don't have him, and evolving him fills in another spot on the log. Of course he needs a lobster I don't have, but that's ok. All in all, a good sugo for me, only the one dupe Sanji.

There's only the two new characters in the friend points, right? I got a hiking bear and the navy guy, but everything else was regular fodder types.

I'm doing the Duck Squad just fine with double Whitebeards. Just gotta stall a bit for Usopp and be ready for that preemptive attack. No Karoo or Marco books have dropped so far, though. I'll probably just run this fortnight enough to get Karoo and his mats and then switch to Kraken for the Whitebeard books.

As for the Sugofest, I did 6 pulls so far:

- Bepo
- Evolved Chaka
- X. Drake
- Law
- Evolved Moria
- Killer

All dupes except Chaka and the last two. Kuma would've been nice, but I'm pretty ok with Moria and Killer.

Edit: Did another pull, got another goddamn Hachi. He shows up in every Sugofest, I swear. Now I have 5 fruits left and I'm debating whether or not to use them.

RalchAC

For people complaining about this fortnight's difficulty, use my Log Nami as friend captain with your Vista or Towel Nami INT team. Just eat all the meat orbs early on, and make sure you're killing off the units that can hurt. Include Buggy in your team to turn meat orbs into INT orbs for the boss. If you have Nico Robin for double INT buff to stack with Log Nami's orb buff, you can one-shot Carue.

That's what I've been saying the whole day! I only do the fortnight when I have your or sasuke's log nami.

I'm going to look for Nami friends on Reddit, I think. There is only two people in my fl that use them

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm doing the Duck Squad just fine with double Whitebeards. Just gotta stall a bit for Usopp and be ready for that preemptive attack. No Karoo or Marco books have dropped so far, though. I'll probably just run this fortnight enough to get Karoo and his mats and then switch to Kraken for the Whitebeard books.

As for the Sugofest, I did 6 pulls so far:

- Bepo
- Evolved Chaka
- X. Drake
- Law
- Evolved Moria
- Killer

All dupes except Chaka and the last two. Kuma would've been nice, but I'm pretty ok with Moria and Killer.

Edit: Did another pull, got another goddamn Hachi. He shows up in every Sugofest, I swear. Now I have 5 fruits left and I'm debating whether or not to use them.
Kraken is done after this week while Duck Squad is here for 2 weeks. Don't waste stamina on ducks!

Jayhawk

Whitebeard skill books are so rare with Kraken fortnight, and I've read somewhere that you don't need to max his skill for Doflamingo if you max GP Usopp... so my priority is to get enough GP Usopp books without using gems for these fortnights.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
i would say it's actuallòy really useful,shuffler and 3 orbs exchange means that in a rainbow team,even with pretty bad luck you are gonna get at least 2 guys with a matching orb using its skill,and that's the pessimistic scenario

Shit....i shouldnt have read this post, now i kinda wanna farm Carou :-/
Hmm...maybe after Kraken for a bit.

Carue copies aren't that hard to make, I already got 3 evolved carue swarms.

At least it gives me something to reliably farm/do as I await my first GP usopp drop.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
i would say it's actually really useful,shuffler and 3 orbs exchange means that in a rainbow team,even with pretty bad luck you are gonna get at least 2 guys with a matching orb using its skill,and that's the pessimistic scenario

It definitely could be worthwhile and is useful. The one thing that could be important to point out is Karoo's special is RNG based and if the Heracles as the next raid boss is true, this is his special:

Pop Green
Changes the orbs in the left column into INT, PSY and RCV, the orbs in the right column into STR, DEX and QCK, freely switch orbs between slots 3 times. (Cooldown 24 -> 11)

The special is not based on chance, the orbs are always changed with the same pattern. Starting from the top left orb and proceeding clockwise, after the special is used the orbs will be: INT, STR, DEX, QCK, RCV and PSY

Karoo's is again this:

Support Incoming! Supersonic Duck Squadron!
Randomly changes all orbs into either STR, DEX, QCK, PSY or INT orbs, freely switch orbs between slots 3 times. (Cooldown 26 -> 17)​

But yeah, Karoo is here now and Heracles is a maybe/speculation. Ultimately it's a gamble whether a player wants to attempt to skill the duck up.

Heng

This fort night keeps giving me Marco books, and so far only 5 GP Usopp books. I ended up with a ton of karoo as well, but I don't think I'll ever use him. I would use my Log Nami but I have to support all the WB out there. Drake + WB is also a pretty nice set up as well, just make sure you have over 17k health and keep yourself at 3.6k-4k health.

Majukun

It definitely could be worthwhile and is useful. The one thing that could be important to point out is Karoo's special is RNG based and if the Heracles as the next raid boss is true, this is his special:

Pop Green
Changes the orbs in the left column into INT, PSY and RCV, the orbs in the right column into STR, DEX and QCK, freely switch orbs between slots 3 times. (Cooldown 24 -> 11)

The special is not based on chance, the orbs are always changed with the same pattern. Starting from the top left orb and proceeding clockwise, after the special is used the orbs will be: INT, STR, DEX, QCK, RCV and PSY

Karoo's is again this:

Support Incoming! Supersonic Duck Squadron!
Randomly changes all orbs into either STR, DEX, QCK, PSY or INT orbs, freely switch orbs between slots 3 times. (Cooldown 26 -> 17)​

But yeah, Karoo is here now and Heracles is a maybe/speculation. Ultimately it's a gamble whether a player wants to attempt to skill the duck up.

yes,but they also have totally different classes..one is impact and the other shooter..of course there are some legends or the usual g3 that can use one or the other without problem..but for any common class-specific captain (like kid) the difference between the 2 is pretty important
This fort night keeps giving me Marco books, and so far only 5 GP Usopp books. I ended up with a ton of karoo as well, but I don't think I'll ever use him. I would use my Log Nami but I have to support all the WB out there. Drake + WB is also a pretty nice set up as well, just make sure you have over 17k health and keep yourself at 3.6k-4k health.

heng wanna tap^i still have 3 tries :p

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
yes,but they also have totally different classes..one is impact and the other shooter..of course there are some legends or the usual g3 that can use one or the other without problem..but for any common class-specific captain (like kid) the difference between the 2 is pretty important

I do not disagree with you one bit. I failed to mention the class difference as well, thank you for pointing that out. Anything class specific still needs support units and Karoo and his cohorts would help.

Part of my definite bias comes from the effort involved in attempting a single skill up. Realistically it's not 'effort' and that might not be the best word to use, I just find the game in this instance provides one too many steps to acquire said skill up attempt. The nature of this particular fortnight already feels almost gimmicky (or... quacky) especially for the rewards players are seeking.

Tally so far:

0 grand pound books.

5 evolved duck squads.

At least I have two unevolved usopps lying around that I can turn into grand pounds to utilize as skillbooks.

I keep staring at it going "Maybe I should try hard for a G3 one last time..." but then come to my senses

I actually never let my gems go below 100 during sugos, unless the entire boosted list is stuff I don't have yet.

I still have 100 gems left for sugos that boost a whole slew of units I want, or for possible farming. (don't have any boss raid I plan to gem after maxing mihawk though; I stick to a "take what I can get" approach when garp/iva/mchop/bb come around.)

Kyou

I actually never let my gems go below 100 during sugos, unless the entire boosted list is stuff I don't have yet.

I still have 100 gems left for sugos that boost a whole slew of units I want, or for possible farming. (don't have any boss raid I plan to gem after maxing mihawk though; I stick to a "take what I can get" approach when garp/iva/mchop/bb come around.)

I think I am finally free of being optimistic of the gatcha

bzzt

Neo Member
3 pulls this time:
Kaya - new, meh
Log Chopper - new, meh
ROOOOOOOOOOOBIIIIIIIIIIIIIN (technically Miss All Sunday, but whatever)
If only the box upgrade to 500 came sooner, I would have a ton of books for her. I heard she likes reading. :(

koryuken

As I was pulling, I was thinking it'd be pretty funny if I got another legend, off stream, while playing another game.

CHpqsLK.jpg

I literally have all the red characters now and he's level 50 too.

Congrats. I pulled another legend as well -- Sengoku. I am only missing Log Luffy atm.

Kyou

switching to Log Nami x INT Captain has made grinding Carue bearable again. Vivi/Mihawk wasnt too bad but it was so stall-y and long. Though using Vivi again was real nostalgic.

It's so satisfying to just crush Carue with like a million damage

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Congrats. I pulled another legend as well -- Sengoku. I am only missing Log Luffy atm.
Seems like my crazy luck is still getting beat by you and lucypirates.

The race for Boa is on for me and lucy! I'm pretty surprised that we haven't gotten dupe legends. It's almost like the game checks what legends you have when assigning you a red poster.

Ended up getting my first sugo rare pull, not one of the ones i would have liked most but I wont complain.

Guess now my box is ending up pretty decent character wise but I am super far behind on leveling units since I always forget turtle times and the tapping game is a gigantic pain in the ass so I have never bothered.

Some assorted crap I added to favorites just so I wouldn't sell it on accident but yeah, I'm not really sure where to go from here. My lack of unit levels really hurts when it comes to farming raid bosses but outside of doing the tapping game and remembering to do turtle time I am not sure how to go any faster. Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of team I should focus on leveling up first for whatever important content may be coming up soonish?

Top Bottom