• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

RedBoot

the moby dick is useful only if you have whitebeard right?

Mostly. It gives 1.5x to Atk and 1.4x to HP while starting you at half health. So in theory you could use it to boost any team, assuming you can deal with the HP loss. It'd be the best ship for anyone outside of Slasher teams in that case.

Of course, for WB it just accelerates his boost.

ElChado

Neo Member
the moby dick is useful only if you have whitebeard right?

That was his original purpose but you can use him on many teams since this boat isnt specific like mihawks is to slashers, ace to shooters and aokiji to impact.

It's a 1.5atk boost 1.4hp boost, with a 50% hp start. It won't see too much use, but it can still come in handy if you need that hp.

Tidd

Looks like the only team who can beat the Whitebeard forest without Doffy is a Rayleigh team. At least according to gamewith. I really hope that I'm wrong :(

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Boa!! Congrats...! Wait, what's that you say? "Not one of the ones I would have liked?" I'll gladly trade you a Rayleigh for her.
Would you? Would you!?

As far as WB'a boat, I'm glad I got my boy in time. I wish I wouldn't have wasted so much cola unsuccessfully trying to max the marine ship. Time to save up again.

pelicansurf

Whitebeard forest isn't replacing Mihawk forest is it?
It's not.

Also the only team capable of beating WB in global is a max skill/Lvl double Rayleigh, Perona, Alvida, GP Usopp, and Mihawk team. Rayleigh(s) may need +200 candies. They also had sockets.

Hopefully this means Doffy is coming soon or WB island stats get adjusted. Releasing a 99% failure rate training island would be pretty rude.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
It's not.

Also the only team capable of beating WB in global is a max skill/Lvl double Rayleigh, Perona, Alvida, GP Usopp, and Mihawk team. Rayleigh(s) may need +200 candies. They also had sockets.

Hopefully this means Doffy is coming soon or WB island stats get adjusted. Releasing a 99% failure rate training island would be pretty rude.

I would trade a Rayleigh... as I have two of them.

Also, no sockets or candies needed. Just a lot skill in terms of combos, perfect execution, timing, mid-battle switching, a little orb luck and max specials with GP Usopp, Perona, Mihawk, and Wolf Flow Zoro. Definitely not a cake walk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=somKKBbrtvM

I think I am finally free of being optimistic of the gatcha

Keep expectations low, regulate your spending of gems as a bad sugo will feel less bad when you've still got a bunch of gems left.

I also make a habit of skipping a sugo if my first 3 pulls are bad; If you start out good to begin with, you'll feel less bad about subsequent pulls being subpar.

On that note, aside from certain leads helping with content (G3 obviously being the one you want); all major events in the game return quite fequently.

I usually see good sugo pulls as a nice surprise rather than a desperate necessity; In a weird way it can be fun to try and figure out how to beat certain fortnights and events with less than ideal teams.

Or heck, if you CAN'T do a certain fortnight; I usually use that as an excuse to grind for story units. (the fortnights during enel being so ridiculously bad gave me a good excuse for that)

On that note, I managed to get 2x golden pound books today! Seems like the rumors of the Mantis enemy dropping the books was correct.

Kyou

Keep expectations low, regulate your spending of gems as a bad sugo will feel less bad when you've still got a bunch of gems left.

I also make a habit of skipping a sugo if my first 3 pulls are bad; If you start out good to begin with, you'll feel less bad about subsequent pulls being subpar.

On that note, aside from certain leads helping with content (G3 obviously being the one you want); all major events in the game return quite fequently.

I usually see good sugo pulls as a nice surprise rather than a desperate necessity; In a weird way it can be fun to try and figure out how to beat certain fortnights and events with less than ideal teams.

Or heck, if you CAN'T do a certain fortnight; I usually use that as an excuse to grind for story units. (the fortnights during enel being so ridiculously bad gave me a good excuse for that)

On that note, I managed to get 2x golden pound books today! Seems like the rumors of the Mantis enemy dropping the books was correct.
Thanks for the tips, I'll probably hold off until G3 is specifically boosted... not that I got that many boosted units this time for the number of pulls I did.

Also yeah it's definitely the mantis, I think the duck that appears there too(Green?) and I thiiiiiiink Carue can give it too. I've definitely gotten one as my last drop before

Thanks for the tips, I'll probably hold off until G3 is specifically boosted... not that I got that many boosted units this time for the number of pulls I did.

Also yeah it's definitely the mantis, I think the duck that appears there too(Green?) and I thiiiiiiink Carue can give it too. I've definitely gotten one as my last drop before

I always remind myself that:

1. the game's still quite fun even if you don't get the exact units you want/optimal teams.

2. The gacha is outright gambling so a lot of the common gambling issues crop up;
"one more pull" ... "after so many bad pulls the next one HAS to be good" ... "I'll keep pulling until I get one decent unit" etc.

You have to make sure you don't ruin your enjoyment of the game itself by getting caught up in the often overwhelmingly negative emotions tied to the gambling part of it.

On that note, with my two old usopps lying around my Grand pound v.s. Carue " collection is now 4 v 4.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
WB ship before we get Doffy ? Im starting to lose my faith when it comes to the Global version.

Majukun

12 marco skillbooks in the storage.. now I don't know if I should try getting the skillup now and call it a day or keep them despite only 30 space left in the storage..
also, the kraken is really useful right? should I farm it? last time only managed to get it to lv 3

cw_sasuke

12 marco skillbooks in the storage.. now I don't know if I should try getting the skillup now and call it a day or keep them despite only 30 space left in the storage..
also, the kraken is really useful right? should I farm it? last time only managed to get it to lv 3

How many skill levels do you need for max marco ? If its less than 3 you might try your luck outside of a 2x event otherwise i would probably save them.

cw_sasuke

only 2..but last time the first 10 gave me 0 skillups INSIDE a 2x event

With only 2 i would probably go for it outside an event...but if you have the space to save them books there is no harm in waiting for an skill up event. We likely will get one during the christmas.

ElChado

Neo Member
WB ship before we get Doffy ? Im starting to lose my faith when it comes to the Global version.

On the one side, we dont get to use any of the tried-and-tested teams to get through it day one, on the other, this forces global to come up with non-doffy reliant team which will be pretty hard since he's such a strong unit.

Either that or everyone simply doesn't try till we get doffy.

cw_sasuke

On the one side, we dont get to use any of the tried-and-tested teams to get through it day one, on the other, this forces global to come up with non-doffy reliant team which will be pretty hard since he's such a strong unit.

Either that or everyone simply doesn't try till we get doffy.

Some of the event are specially designed with Doffy and Co. in mind...just feels stupid to release stuff that can only be cleared with a perfect Rayleigh team at this point. Same with the Franky Challenge which screwed anyone not owning Robin..while Japan had gotten Zephyr at that point who could clear the challenge with a farmable team.

Still looking forward to a cool Christmas Event though. I dont even own WB so his boat isnt important to me...still kinda weird.

pelicansurf

I have all the characters, but I don't have Perona or Alvida skill maxed. Really close though, but that's not good enough.

:3c

img_20151211_160307_by_neoriceisgood-d9jr72x.jpg

I already have Marco maxed, but still. :3c

RedBoot

Also, no sockets or candies needed. Just a lot skill in terms of combos, perfect execution, timing, mid-battle switching, a little orb luck and max specials with GP Usopp, Perona, Mihawk, and Wolf Flow Zoro. Definitely not a cake walk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=somKKBbrtvM

I've done no math so I'm just speculating here, but I wonder if this would also be doable with G3 or maybe even Ivankov? The Rayleighs are just being used for the damage boost and not their specials, so in theory if you could get the damage elsewhere and keep a similar crew, it might work.

I'm guessing (hoping, maybe) that there is a way to do this without 6 stars or Dofy. We'll have to see what the Global community can come up with.

RedBoot

The next fortnight in Japan is based on Drum Island, presumably with a new Wapol (maybe we'll get skinny Wapol this time). I'd say it has a pretty strong chance of being the next fortnight in Global, too, since it looks Christmas-y. We'll know when we see the stats/skills of the new units.

Majukun

The next fortnight in Japan is based on Drum Island, presumably with a new Wapol (maybe we'll get skinny Wapol this time). I'd say it has a pretty strong chance of being the next fortnight in Global, too, since it looks Christmas-y. We'll know when we see the stats/skills of the new units.

skinny wapol has already been teased on twitter,so it's pretty much sure that is the slim version this time

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I've done no math so I'm just speculating here, but I wonder if this would also be doable with G3 or maybe even Ivankov? The Rayleighs are just being used for the damage boost and not their specials, so in theory if you could get the damage elsewhere and keep a similar crew, it might work.

I'm guessing (hoping, maybe) that there is a way to do this without 6 stars or Dofy. We'll have to see what the Global community can come up with.

I agree, the Rayleighs are only there for their captain damage. I'm sure there is another composition that will work, the training forests to come aren't easy by any means. So naturally it will take a lot of doing, but I can't see them releasing it on Global without them knowing what's available to us.

It makes no sense that only a small percentage will be able to clear it, I'd hate to see other players punished because they didn't skill up units they chose to evolve instead or didn't skill up immediately or perhaps didn't rare recruit. Unless they are trying to instill a scale of difficulty and prep time, it's a lot of grinding and gem cost. I haven't looked into the forest more than the video I posted, personally I have the team composition shown in it. And even though we have a strategy guide of the sorts, we won't know fully till we play it ourselves. It'll be fun! I want a new ship, I've been sitting on unused cola for too long.

RedBoot

skinny wapol has already been teased on twitter,so it's pretty much sure that is the slim version this time

Ah, cool. I should probably just start following the official Twitter. :p

There's a number of teased units right now, actually. I know I've seen the teasers for new Law, Boa, and Alvida.

wilstreak

Is there some specific droprate on farmable character? Trying to get my hands on Alvida who is only 4 star on Loguetown chp 2, but until tens of trying, i started to think that it is impossible

RalchAC

Is there some specific data on farmable character droprate ? Trying to get my hands on Alvida who is only 4 star on Loguetown chp 2, but until tens of trying, i started to think that it is impossible

You'll get the 3* version anyway. You never get the evolved version of farmable characters, sadly. So Alvida's place 3 is quite better.

Majukun

got a refill yesterday and decided to try farming miss double finger... ended up with nothing, should have farmed the kraken..

RalchAC

Finished every quest in Morgan's Island outside the Cola one and did some more runs. .

My spoils so far are:

- 5 Marco books.
- 6 GP Usopp books.
- 5 Carue dupes.

Saving them for skill up. How many books are you aiming guys?

Heng

Finished every quest in Morgan's Island outside the Cola one and did some more runs. .

My spoils so far are:

- 5 Marco books.
- 6 GP Usopp books.
- 5 Carue dupes.

Saving them for skill up. How many books are you aiming guys?
I'm sitting at 9 Usopp books and 9 Karoo evolved units. I'm aiming for at least 20 books for Usopp and about the same amount of Karoo units.

xrokis

Bonney books are supposed to drop from the duck island, are they not? She's hungry.

i think her book only drops from karoo, it's probably the rarest book.
fed all evolved karoos directly so far and got 4/15, just doesn't seem worth it to clock up my box with all those ducks :D
i need as many marco books as i can get, my luck with his skill up has been terrible T_T

Top Bottom