• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

chrono01

I'm still only at 118 stamina. I've decreased my play-time a lot, since the special islands don't really interest me [I already have a max-skilled GP Usopp :(]. I've mostly been farming Enel on the 2x drop days, unsuccessfully I might add.

I hope the next special island is more useful to me.

Majukun

still no mr 2 in sight after aother half stamina bar wasted..I'm starting to feel stupid to try..but i also know that the moment zephyr arives,i need to have mr 2 or i can't farm it safely

Heng

still in the 90s, woo being behind.

Havent nailed down whether 30 or 15 is better for Usopp book farming. Theoretically 30 has better drop rates but also the ducks replace the mantises more often, making it less likely.

As far as I can tell the mantises are a guaranteed usopp book if they drop a chest
For the most part, it's almost always Usopp books. The other day, I got cola instead. That did not feel good. :(

bjork

I think I'm only at 111 stamina, so I have a ways to go for 120. But if it's a raid boss worth the trouble, I don't mind tossing some gems at it for refills. Provided he shows up before I get to 120, heh.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm at 133 stamina.

I have 50 max red pigs and like 100 red babies. I'm going to be running sea horse island a lot tomorrow. Both Blackbeard and Whitebeard will be maxed after all that hassle at least!

linkent

I'm at 133 stamina.

I have 50 max red pigs and like 100 red babies. I'm going to be running sea horse island a lot tomorrow. Both Blackbeard and Whitebeard will be maxed after all that hassle at least!
Isnt Alvida-2 better than seahorse?
For me it mostly drop Red penguin even tho other color are spawned there too. Ratio 5red-1other.

Seems like the next island coming on 21 Dec.
Maybe the next fortnight is Afro Luffy?

Heng

I'm pretty envious of the JP OPTC, they get cotton candy on East Blue villains from FP. I pulled 19 characters, 5 of which were nice characters to keep. On the other hand, I got really unlucky with the sugofest.

RedBoot

Seems like the next island coming on 21 Dec.
Maybe the next fortnight is Afro Luffy?

I think there's a reasonable chance of that. I had expected the new Wapol isle in JPN to come to Global as well, but it seems to be Ambition-restricted, so they'd have to change that if we got it.

Getting Long Ring Long Land also introduces bother orbs (or whatever they'll be called here), so that means we could get Log Zoro and Log Franky in the next Sugofest (meaning the next one will probably finish off the initial Loghats, putting off Strong World again).

I managed to get Miss Doublefinger tonight, so at least I didn't completely blank out on the double drop event. Also spent even more stamina trying for a cola drop in Shells Town. I've gotten tons of beli bags, Helmeppo has dropped twice, but no cola. Meanwhile I get one roughly every other run on other islands. The drop rate in Shells must be super-low.

RalchAC

Long Ring Island launching on December 21st! Is there any useful book in Afro Luffy island?

The only good thing about the story + fortnight combo is that we may get T-Bone earlier too, and he is quite a good unit.

Yay, I finally got my coffin boat. o/

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

If my Usopp skill ups go well I think I might have a shot at it

I managed to clear it without a max skilled Usopp using a Mihawk team. You may be able to do it anyway.

Kyou

I managed to clear it without a max skilled Usopp using a Mihawk team. You may be able to do it anyway.

I tried a couple times, but kept dying with Usopp only one or two turns away from another delay towards the end. If I can even get him a couple levels I'll be unstoppable*!

*still probably entirely stoppable

RalchAC

Jimbei books.

Anyway, I maxed Bonney's special. BOOM ! DONE. KAPOW !

Man,I still need to evolve mine lol.

I tried a couple times, but kept dying with Usopp only one or two turns away from another delay towards the end. If I can even get him a couple levels I'll be unstoppable*!

Mine was at 13 turns CD when I beat the forest.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Assuming you're using Mr 3 on the straw hats, you absolutely need to have usopp's CD down to 5 when you start their round (so, kill the crabs when the countdown reads "6") or lower.

If you're running double mihawk/Mr3/Helmeppo/Usopp/Arlong, you probably will need to get some meat orbs against the crabs to stall properly. Try to enter round 19 with a STR orb on arlong. Against the strawhats: Use both mihawk specials, Mr 3, and also Arlong's special against Zoro at the start. If you hit all perfects, you should be able to take out sogeking and zoro on the first turn. You should be able to then take out nami and sanji over the next two turns, leaving you with two full turns to take out Luffy. Make sure you have 2001 or more HP going into Mihawk!

RalchAC

Assuming you're using Mr 3 on the straw hats, you absolutely need to have usopp's CD down to 5 when you start their round (so, kill the crabs when the countdown reads "6") or lower.

If you're running double mihawk/Mr3/Helmeppo/Usopp/Arlong, you probably will need to get some meat orbs against the crabs to stall properly. Try to enter round 19 with a STR orb on arlong. Against the strawhats: Use both mihawk specials, Mr 3, and also Arlong's special against Zoro at the start. If you hit all perfects, you should be able to take out sogeking and zoro on the first turn. You should be able to then take out nami and sanji over the next two turns, leaving you with two full turns to take out Luffy. Make sure you have 2001 or more HP going into Mihawk!

Right now it'd be wiser to use Halloween Zoro instead of Mr.3. He has better stats and is quite useful to beat Arlong and Luffy.

Tidd

If we really get the Afro Luffy fortnight I hope they give us sockets, too. Max socket Luffy and GPU in the first week. :D

RalchAC

so they are closing the site?i still use it as reference for future fortnights

It seems they're going to keep it open, but there won't be any more updates.

I'm not surprises tbh, the amount of content released and it's timing became worse in the past few months. And the community has grown a lot, now there are many different resources.

And it seems some of the blog people moved to an eSports team that plays this game or something like that.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that they still don't have ads for the site (do they?) They had ads on the old site, but it got shutdown by Google, so I would assume they lost their Adsense account as well. The Global site still has ads.

It's kind of hard to keep motivation going for something when you're seeing no reward for it. Not saying that's what happened, but it's a possibility.

Edit: Speaking of losing motivation, is there anyone that would be willing to help out on with my site? I just can't do it all by myself and I've pretty much stopped updating at this point. I'm willing to give it another go, but only if I can get some help. Shoot me a PM if you're interested, since I don't want to take up space here with it.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Waiting at the airport achievements:

HsJWePy.jpg

LBXsY5R.jpg

sSePqi2.png

(Perfect run!)

RedBoot

I have storaged 16 Marco books and have 2 skillups left... Maybe I should farm some more given my luck

I'd feel pretty confident about getting 2 skillups with 16 books during the rate increase, so you might want to use any subsequent Marco books you get after this, see if you can finish it early. That's my plan with Usopp, I only need two skillups so I'll store 10-15 and use the rest.

Of course, I only have 3 right now, so I'll need to step up my Duck Squading this week.

Majukun

I'd feel pretty confident about getting 2 skillups with 16 books during the rate increase, so you might want to use any subsequent Marco books you get after this, see if you can finish it early. That's my plan with Usopp, I only need two skillups so I'll store 10-15 and use the rest.

Of course, I only have 3 right now, so I'll need to step up my Duck Squading this week.
last time the first 15 Marco books gave me 1 skillups :p

anyone wants to tap? I need pigs to get rid of some turtles

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
With Kraken ending i will go back to Carou - at least so much that i can evolve a single copy of him. I dont need any of the Kalifa skillbooks but i will probably try to max skill her and Paulie.
Yay, I finally got my coffin boat. \o/
Congrats !! No max it :-D
Waiting at the airport achievements:

(Perfect run!)
Sweet...if we get Heracles next i will use Blackbeard as well.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that they still don't have ads for the site (do they?) They had ads on the old site, but it got shutdown by Google, so I would assume they lost their Adsense account as well. The Global site still has ads.

It's kind of hard to keep motivation going for something when you're seeing no reward for it. Not saying that's what happened, but it's a possibility.

I spoke to one of the owners once, from my understanding they never ran ads and never intended to as they were just doing it for fun.

While it's just my own opinion, personally if your website gets views in the millions to which the blog did. And you didn't/don't monetize even just a little bit? You did something wrong. Again, hindsight, motivations, reasons, and what-not. There are pockets of communities out there and it's clear players like to discuss, speculate on content, talk probability of how the game works, show off their treasure cruise wares, share sadness/happiness in sugofest, etc. Although OPTC is by standards a freemium mobile game, I see potential for a dedicated OPTC website/forum to gather all those pockets together. The content practically begs for it, we're already a bunch of pirates, traversing through the game on a grand adventure.

I spoke to one of the owners once, from my understanding they never ran ads and never intended to as they were just doing it for fun.

While it's just my own opinion, personally if your website gets views in the millions to which the blog did. And you didn't/don't monetize even just a little bit? You did something wrong. Again, hindsight, motivations, reasons, and what-not. There are pockets of communities out there and it's clear players like to discuss, speculate on content, talk probability of how the game works, show off their treasure cruise wares, share sadness/happiness in sugofest, etc. Although OPTC is by standards a freemium mobile game, I see potential for a dedicated OPTC website/forum to gather all those pockets together. The content practically begs for it, we're already a bunch of pirates, traversing through the game on a grand adventure.

Yup, I agree. I don't have the time or energy to do it myself, but that would be a great goal. I actually admire them for choosing to have no ads, but it does get kind of difficult to maintain interest for something that you're just doing as a side project. Trust me, I know....

Currently, the most active community is the Facebook group, but I don't think a lot of people even realize that it's directly connected to the Global blog. Any other website is banned, so you can't even talk about other guides (mine =/ ) generally.

I've already had a couple of people PM me about helping out with my site. It would be nice to really start cranking out some content to help everyone out. I'm not sure how much more this game has left in the tank, but I'm down to help out until I stop enjoying it myself!

RalchAC

Yup, I agree. I don't have the time or energy to do it myself, but that would be a great goal. I actually admire them for choosing to have no ads, but it does get kind of difficult to maintain interest for something that you're just doing as a side project. Trust me, I know....

Currently, the most active community is the Facebook group, but I don't think a lot of people even realize that it's directly connected to the Global blog. Any other website is banned, so you can't even talk about other guides (mine =/ ) generally.

I've already had a couple of people PM me about helping out with my site. It would be nice to really start cranking out some content to help everyone out. I'm not sure how much more this game has left in the tank, but I'm down to help out until I stop enjoying it myself!

I definitely feel monetizing a blog a bit should be interesting. You don't need to use that money to pay your rent, just using that money to buy gems or stuff like that. But even if you only use it to buy gems, you'd probably feel more motivated that way.

Nobody hates money. And running a blog properly is complicated and time consuming. So I share lucypirates opinion.

Edit: the key part is not being greedy. Neogaf like ads, non intrusive stuff.

Top Bottom