• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

koryuken

Welp... holy fuck. I think I finally finished grinding the Kraken for WB books. I hit my goal yesterday which was 50 books. I actually ended up getting 51. Time to take a rest and no more gemming.

Here is the breakdown:

• 55 gems spent @ 4 runs per sta bar
  • Leveled up probably 6-7 times (plvl 145 atm)
  • got snail refill around 3-4 times
  • total is probably around 270 runs
  • 51 books/270 runs is about 18%, which means I have been luckier than the average lol.
  • Oh yeah, every STR unit is now at lvl 99 and all QCK units are level 90 or max. (too many pigs and turtles)
Time to rest and do some natural stamina Karue isle with WB teams.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Yup, I agree. I don't have the time or energy to do it myself, but that would be a great goal. I actually admire them for choosing to have no ads, but it does get kind of difficult to maintain interest for something that you're just doing as a side project. Trust me, I know....

I definitely feel monetizing a blog a bit should be interesting. You don't need to use that money to pay your rent, just using that money to buy gems or stuff like that. But even if you only use it to buy gems, you'd probably feel more motivated that way.

Nobody hates money. And running a blog properly is complicated and time consuming. So I share lucypirates opinion.

Edit: the key part is not being greedy. Neogaf like ads, non intrusive stuff.

Ads in some way or form are a necessity, so they have to be planned out in placement of design and what you actually run. There is no problem in say running additional partnerships with retailers to work in discounts towards One Piece merchandise. It's all doable, but again it's leg work. And if you are insistent on no ads whatsoever, you need a secondary plan. It doesn't have to be Wikipedia, but as an example, they're run on donations. But, overall one needs a goal.

The biggest hurdle for this game is on-going content and getting to a place of comfort with updates planned. And arguably for that there is up to a year's worth out there to already prep/write for. One person can't do it, otherwise you'll start to hate it and the game! And that's no fun.

With OPTC in particular, the content awareness, strategy and planning is all player driven. But if you're a website, how do you get that content? Are you playing the Japanese version early and data mining that way? Are you taking your content from some place else? Team compositions, being an encyclopedia for drop locations and evolutions, to being up to date with server time on special events like turtle time, etc. Any dedicated OPTC website has to do all of that in the very least. Where one could stand out is the community aspect with how all that content in your website and in-game, marry together, when players can't talk to one another in-game. That's the platform.

To add onto what Ralch is saying, it's not about greed, it's monetary common sense. Domain, server/hosting costs, etc. You aren't playing the game as a job and it really shouldn't be but if some of the streamers out there can get their pulls all funded by viewers? I mean, what's the worst that could happen.

ElChado

Neo Member
Welp... holy fuck. I think I finally finished grinding the Kraken for WB books. I hit my goal yesterday which was 50 books. I actually ended up getting 51. Time to take a rest and no more gemming.

Here is the breakdown:

• 55 gems spent @ 4 runs per sta bar
  • Leveled up probably 6-7 times (plvl 145 atm)
  • got snail refill around 3-4 times
  • total is probably around 270 runs
  • 51 books/270 runs is about 18%, which means I have been luckier than the average lol.
  • Oh yeah, every STR unit is now at lvl 99 and all QCK units are level 90 or max. (too many pigs and turtles)
Time to rest and do some natural stamina Karue isle with WB teams.

Getting enough books for wb and maxing him is like a rite of passage where you max level lots and lots of str units and use lots and lots of gems. The final part is praying you get those skill ups so you never need to look at kraken ever again.

Kyou

hopefully the new OT will surface the tapping method a bit more, I'd be happy to help people out instead of just tapping once in a while with my old phones

I haven't done barrel breaking in months. My laptop hdd died, so I don't have access to my 5 alt accounts for it anymore. RIP missed out Cola and Keys.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I ended up with 25 WB books. Probably around 10 gems spent.

Also in Japan Sengoku benefits from his own captain ability now? He's really damn good now. Crappier units be damned, nearly unconditional 3x and reduced cool downs is nuts.

koryuken

Also in Japan Sengoku benefits from his own captain ability now? He's really damn good now. Crappier units be damned, nearly unconditional 3x and reduced cool downs is nuts.

Nice that's very good! I had 16 books on my first day with maybe 6 gems, and things quickly went downhill from there.

Say whaaaaat? He just jumped ten places on the tiers if true.

Kyou

these yellow pigs and turtles are really starting to pile up, suggestions on who it'd be best to dump them into since I dont really have anyone to evolve right now

aYXAtls.jpg

I'm going to assume you guys arent going to say Mohji so I cut off the last row

Heng

these yellow pigs and turtles are really starting to pile up, suggestions on who it'd be best to dump them into since I dont really have anyone to evolve right now

aYXAtls.jpg

I'm going to assume you guys arent going to say Mohji so I cut off the last row
Do you have Kid? If not I'd say level Rakuyo. If you do, level Urouge.

It's nice to have more WB friends come back now that the kraken island is done.

Kyou

No kid, I'll dump 'em into Rakuyo then, thanks!

As an aside, farming for usopp books is getting harder as more people move on from the Carue island

ElChado

Neo Member

Yep V5.1 coming Dec 17 13:00
Seems from what ive heard it's doing a few things players have wanted, specifically the socket change if it's real.
  • 100 more box space for 900 total now
  • if you have a max socket you wont get those when you feed for sockets or so im hearing, so if you have 5/5 silence sockets you wont get silence sockets when you try to feed that unit making legends A LOT easier to socket
  • tap an icon or buff or debuff during battle to see the description and maybe details so now we wont have to guess what icons mean when we get new ones and maybe if it comes with details we can get the precise numbers right away
  • coliseum now fixed so you don't need to change to japan time zone, this one will help a lot of people who didnt read up on the coliseum and ask about the error
  • chopper power up fixed to attack properly right amount, how chopper on japan was powering up to attack but his damage didnt change
  • A bug fix where some counter damage or reflect specials/units like hawkins? in the coliseum could freeze/crash the game making it impossible to continue
  • And more bug fixes
  • Unit changes being sabo is now striker class as well
  • sengoku is now 54 cost and boosts himself

RalchAC

Really? Now be has become an incredible unit. It shouldn't be totally broken as long as he doesn't boost RR and Raid Bosses, but he should become quite more popular now.

hopefully the new OT will surface the tapping method a bit more, I'd be happy to help people out instead of just tapping once in a while with my old phones

My computer is broken right now so it won't be in the OT at first, unless I find a good guide that I can just link and explains how it works.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Urgh Kalifa kinda sucks. 3 runs without a single useful drop, I had forgotten that she shows up with 2 Fodder units at the end.

Don't think I'll farm more than 4 copies of her... Well at least I can max skill Ballon Luffy in the meantime.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Seems like Mihawk will be back in 2 days... If anyone still needs to max him or get a unevolved version for the upcoming mission.

Tidd

My Karoo runs in the last two days were horrible. 0 Marco books. ;__; I only have 12 so far. Guess I have to wait for the Lucci fortnight to max him.

But right now my motivation is a little bit down for this game mostly because of the new UI update and events for Final Fantasy Record Keepers (I really hope OPTC delivers with its Christmas event) and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Oh and I finally maxed my last ship, the Baratie. I can finally save up cola for the other ships not called Moby Dick... there's just no way I will get it without Doffy except Bandai changes something.

if you have a max socket you wont get those when you feed for sockets or so im hearing, so if you have 5/5 silence sockets you wont get silence sockets when you try to feed that unit making legends A LOT easier to socket

WOAH! Hope we get this as soon as they introduce us to sockets. I even wait till February for this.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's kind of hilarious how awkwardly they buffed sengoku. Apparently They gave him a unique unit cost (54) and made his ability boost units under 20 cost or equal to 54 cost.

What, they couldn't program it in a more logical way, like "boost yourself if you are a captain?" Or "boost all units if they are sengoku or cost 20 or less?"

RalchAC

It's kind of hilarious how awkwardly they buffed sengoku. Apparently They gave him a unique unit cost (54) and made his ability boost units under 20 cost or equal to 54 cost.

What, they couldn't program it in a more logical way, like "boost yourself if you are a captain?" Or "boost all units if they are sengoku or cost 20 or less?"

Maybe it's easier to program it that way ? I dunno.

wilstreak

what is the use of book?
i have this sorrowful charge manual and dance heaven manual
but not so sure how to use this

and is Kalifa worth evolving to Beautiful Secretary kalifa?
her captain ability seems very convenient until i get my hand on Vivi (is it farmable?)

what is the use of book?

her captain ability seems very convenient until i get my hand on Vivi (is it farmable?)

Books are used to, potentially, lower the specials of certain characters. They will give any character 5,000 exp when combined, but they can only lower the special cooldown of the specific character referenced by the skill book. There's only around a ~15% chance of that happening though, so try to save them up for a rate up event if it's a really important character. A lot of them are not useful, so feel free to use them as exp fodder.

Kalifa is worth leveling up, but she's not really used for her Captain ability. She makes a decent orb manipulator for Dex teams, but you definitely might have better options at this point.

bjork

Had enough gems to throw a pull and thought, "this is the time, I'm missing enough purple dudes for it to be a safe pull."

evolved Urogue, probably the 5th or 6th time I've pulled him. sigh etc

RedBoot

My Karoo runs in the last two days were horrible. 0 Marco books. ;__; I only have 12 so far. Guess I have to wait for the Lucci fortnight to max him.

I had been getting a lot of Marco books, but I haven't gotten any in a couple days either. On the other hand, I got like 4 more Usopp books. So it balances out.

Also, I really want Sengoku now. I hope we see that change on our next update (and hopefully we'll get the socket change included from the start).

pelicansurf

Had enough gems to throw a pull and thought, "this is the time, I'm missing enough purple dudes for it to be a safe pull."

Ever since I reached MAX/MAX Urouge, I've been pulling his 5-star version multiple times each sugo fest.

Majukun

oh,so there is where all my urouges went...i never got him

on the other hand..i probably got someone else's robin multiple times on rare recruit :p
I had been getting a lot of Marco books, but I haven't gotten any in a couple days either. On the other hand, I got like 4 more Usopp books. So it balances out.

Also, I really want Sengoku now. I hope we see that change on our next update (and hopefully we'll get the socket change included from the start).

wow,same here,last couple days no marco books at all..definitely suspicious

pelicansurf

I was thinking recently if they ever dabbled with the rates for unit drops, IE increase percentages on certain times of day/last day of the event, etc. Knowing Bandai, probably not, but you never know. There's been times when I've been frustrated and felt a bit rigged.

RNG, damn you for being so random.

bjork

I was thinking recently if they ever dabbled with the rates for unit drops, IE increase percentages on certain times of day/last day of the event, etc. Knowing Bandai, probably not, but you never know. There's been times when I've been frustrated and felt a bit rigged.

I want to say yes, just going by people's reactions to their book drops and encounter rates in this thread. The question is, what is the variable(s) used to determine? It could be time, region, user account number, day of the week, etc.

It would explain away some things like Majukun never getting a Mr 2 drop, people never getting legend pulls (myself included!), fortnight secret bosses tormenting people, etc. If nothing else, it keeps people talking about the game, but I almost wish they'd add a consumable item that would ensure a drop or a pull, just to reduce the amount of aspirin required to keep playing sometimes.

In other news, I'm 2 skills levels off on Kalifa and Paulie. I finally got to try out my Blackbeard, but I think it was Sasuke's Beastbeard that did most of the heavy lifting, heh.

koryuken

I wish this game promoted skill a bit more. I.E. Landing perfects consecutively increased drop rates. IMO this would be good and make the game more skill focused. The rates would not be lower than they are now, just better if you hit perfects.

Majukun

I wish this game promoted skill a bit more. I.E. Landing perfects consecutively increased drop rates. IMO this would be good and make the game more skill focused. The rates would not be lower than they are now, just better if you hit perfects.

it's a free to play game,ergo a pay to win game
who spends the most should be successfull,not the ones with more skills..otherwise the developers make no money
the game is already way too generous with gems compared to other games in the same "genre"

koryuken

it's a free to play game,ergo a pay to win game
who spends the most should be successfull,not the ones with more skills..otherwise the developers make no money
the game is already way too generous with gems compared to other games in the same "genre"

IMO an increased drop rate from like 2% now to like 5% (i'm talking about story mobs) does not have any game changing ramifications except promote skill.

RalchAC

what is the use of book?

About the Vivi part. She is farmable, yeah (you can get her in Laboon's island or Whiskey Peak), but if you're going to use a "zombie team, your best bet is having a Laboon (farmable, you should keep his level as low as possible and unevolved).

If you have a Pell even better.

Just look for Vivi friends. There is many people with high level Princess Vivis, even here on GAF. Mine is level 45, but if you needed her I'll feed some pigs to her.

Heng

After doing some calculations, I might be able to finish WB 0 stamina. It all comes down to how much I can burst down 49% of WB in 4 turns, the last turn I have to keep him above 20% to avoid the 1 shot. If my streaming wolf Zoro had 1 more special level, this would have been a guarantee kill... sigh.

makaveli13

Neo Member
After doing some calculations, I might be able to finish WB 0 stamina. It all comes down to how much I can burst down 49% of WB in 4 turns, the last turn I have to keep him above 20% to avoid the 1 shot. If my streaming wolf Zoro had 1 more special level, this would have been a guarantee kill... sigh.

What team are you using?

I'm planning on trying 2 x Ray, SWS zoro, God Pound, Perona, Mihawk. All max skilled. I think I have a shot.

Heng

What team are you using?

I'm planning on trying 2 x Ray, SWS zoro, God Pound, Perona, Mihawk. All max skilled. I think I have a shot.
WB x2, SWS Zoro, GP Usopp, Perona, and Smoker (although I'll only use Smoker for a few parts, I could probably sub him out). I'm going to redo my calculations and see if it's possible with a striker team.

Tidd

DOFFY!!! SKILL UP EVENT!! Skill up event ends before Doffy. ;__;

and we get Christmas Law and Bonney like japan did.

pelicansurf

Also Doffy is on New Year's Eve. How rude.

Also, stealing from reddit:

Events:

Daily Rainbow Gem:
From December 22nd to 31st

Double Skill-Up :
December 22-28

New Rare Recruit Characters
Christmas Law[3] and Bonney[4] units coming on the December 21st to 24th

Choose your own turtle times :
December 22, 25, 28

2x Beli for Weekly Quests :
From December 22nd to 28th

Holiday Quest w/ Cotton Candy, Rainbow Gems, and Turtles :
December 30th, 31st, Jan 1st for 24 hours each

Clash of Clashes :
Blackbeard on December 29th to 30th
Monster Chopper on December 30th to 31st
Doflamingo on December 31st to January 1st

1/2 Stamina on all Story Islands
From December 29th to January 4th

Is it bad that I'm kind of cranky that I'll be on a cruise in the caribbean while this is happening? Wifi and roaming charges are going to get me quite the bill.

RedBoot

Even though that's obviously Dofy, it'd be kinda funny if they pulled a bait-and-switch and gave us Heracles'n. :)

Nice to see Blackbeard coming back again so soon, too. Though I don't think I can farm him and Dofy so closely together. Also, nice to see that my box will be cleared of Garps and immediately refilled with Dofys.

pelicansurf

Even though that's obviously Dofy, it'd be kinda funny if they pulled a bait-and-switch and gave us Heracles'n. :)

Nice to see Blackbeard coming back again so soon, too. Though I don't think I can farm him and Dofy so closely together. Also, nice to see that my box will be cleared of Garps and immediately refilled with Dofys.
I'm gonna have to farm both Blackbeard, Chopper, and Doffy; to top off the first two's specials and then hoard Doffy's.

Top Bottom