• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Now my question is, is there a list of this somewhere..?
I don't know of one.
And is worth combining to crews with multiple tandems (one with three members and another with the other two)..?
The general consensus is no. The characters don't really mesh well and the damage isn't high enough. Better to have a team of a single color/damage type. I don't think anybody really uses tandems.

Strawhats V2 Sugofest confirmed for March 17th (rate up for 24 hours).

HHuMI3V.jpg

Limit

You're not wrong. But at the same time, it is a 100% drop chance apparently, which is awesome.

100% for 40 stamina one. And that, according to comments, takes at least 2 hours with a vivi laboon setup. Ain't no one got time for that.

And yippee to straw hats dropping next week. A lot sooner than I expected. My body is ready.

chrono01

Oh wow, didn't expect the V2 to be a Sugofest. I was going to wait until Boa Hancock...

I do have 69 Rainbow Gems, I could toss a few. it'll probably be a couple months until Boa Hancock is released anyway.

100% for 40 stamina one. And that, according to comments, takes at least 2 hours with a vivi laboon setup. Ain't no one got time for that.

And yippee to straw hats dropping next week. A lot sooner than I expected. My body is ready.

The video above is 40 stamina and the guy said it only took 45 minutes. With a 5* Vivi and one or two STR units instead of 4 crabs you should be able to do that in less than 30 minutes.

Edit:
Oh wow, didn't expect the V2 to be a Sugofest. I was going to wait until Boa Hancock...

I do have 69 Rainbow Gems, I could toss a few. it'll probably be a couple months until Boa Hancock is released anyway.

Gear Third Luffy is still the 3rd best captain in JP to this day, so he's worth a couple tries. Plus, QCK rate up still works during the sugofest so you might get a second 5* Ace for a special level up. :lol

Limit

Whitebeard looks like a good glass cannon leader but bah gawd Rayleigh is awesome! Effectively 16x if I am reading it correctly. These units have super high costs as well.

And I hope everyone here has a red, green and purple dragon ready in their inventory in prep for v2 strawhats.

I got pretty lucky a bit ago. Finally got my red pirate penguin, but the stage also dropped not one, but two colas. I used them to try and upgrade the Merry (I realized this gave me 15 cola) and my two upgrades were successful, so I got the 1.2 damage. Pretty good streak.

linkent

Omg, I thought v2 Straw hats weren't being released until April.... Ugh. I never would have spent my gems if I had known that!

Just imagine that even if you roll when they are released, you would have gotten the same result. :D

Edit: just realised that i am no longer Junior Member! Thanks God Usopp.

Worst part is that with the QCK rate up and the Strawhats V2 rate up, most people will end up pulling Sanji V2, which is the worst of the batch. xD

BTW, any Canadian people know where I can buy a CA iTunes card? Or maybe buy one for me for Amazon credit?

linkent

The best part about that team is that all the important units are farmable/event.

The core are farmable,
Garb+Bon-chan. (Change orb to meat/yellow -> Convert meat to yellow)
1st bonus damage Coby (2x orb effect) Farmable too

But need Usopp V2 for the 2x damage(Gacha only)

Marco is also Gacha only but not really needed. Can be replaced with another high damage dealer.

Rurunaki

I just realized the "DOOM" part of the last person hitting has been mistranslated.. After watching some japanese vids of the game.. it was supposed to be "DON".. Like Franky's master's (Tom) saying "Do it with a Don!"

Bsigg12

Do we know if there will be a gem purchase bonus coming up soon? I think I'm gonna pad out my chances of getting 3rd Gear Luffy and maybe Towel Nami.

Dandte

Decided to try the rare recruit. Even a 3*kuro would have maded me happy.... Got a 3*smoker,4*dex chopper and 3*miss golden week (dex)... Quick rate um? More like dex forever...

40 stamina Mihawk done with a 4* level 28 Vivi + 4 crabs, 45 minutes, 0 gems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSm1TSfOXD0

He got a bit lucky with the enemy turn cooldown in the mob stages so if you're going with a similar team you might need a couple gems.

How do you know it's 45 minutes? It's not the whole video. It looks like he keeps surviving at critical health, but keep in mind that when Mihawk reaches critical health every attack he does is a special attack, which I'd assume does more damage than his regular attacks, which would kill this player. Unless there's an extended version where you can see the whole battle.

I hope to baby RNGjesus I get that sweet gear 3 luffy from gatcha. Spending 45 minutes on a single boss is stuff of nightmares.

There are many teams you can use for this; Zeff, Asura Zoro and Enraged Arlong teams for instance. Way faster, but it's going to cost you a few gems, probably.

Interesting, I guess I'll spend ten-or-so gems and see what I get.

RalchAC

I'm tempted to use some of my gems on the Strawhats. But the fact that we're most likely going to get a Prince Sanji isn't that good.

What's his special?

The good part of this is that even if I don't get it other people in my friend list will.

I just realized the "DOOM" part of the last person hitting has been mistranslated.. After watching some japanese vids of the game.. it was supposed to be "DON".. Like Franky's master's (Tom) saying "Do it with a Don!"

I think that's intentional. Onomatopeias are usually translated. Sometimes cultural references too.

If the buble said "Don" people would say "what the fuck does that mean". Doom isn't much longer so it fits in the bubble and works well in the context. So they've done quite a good job.

Keep in mind that Onomatopeias are usually translated. And many cultural references (especially when they are jokes that the reader of the localized product won't understand) are translated too.

It's a tricky subject :p

How do you know it's 45 minutes? It's not the whole video. It looks like he keeps surviving at critical health, but keep in mind that when Mihawk reaches critical health every attack he does is a special attack, which I'd assume does more damage than his regular attacks, which would kill this player. Unless there's an extended version where you can see the whole battle.

Someone asked how long the battle took in the comments. Google Translate is your friend.
As for dying, it's impossible for Vivi/Laboon to die when facing a single enemy. Laboon's captain ability is that if your HP is more than 51% and you take a deadly hit, you survive with 1 HP, no matter how strong the hit is. All you need to do is build your team around your Vivi so that she can heal more than 50% of the team's total HP (don't forget the boat!). So basically, the only stages where you risk dying are the mobs ones, you become invincible once you reach Mihawk.

It says "DOOOOON" a LOT in the Japanese manga, yeah. It's a cinematic sound effect that's a bit like "ta-da" or "look at this!".

Someone asked how long the battle took in the comments. Google Translate is your friend.
As for dying, it's impossible for Vivi/Laboon to die when facing a single enemy. Laboon's captain ability is that if your HP is more than 51% and you take a deadly hit, you survive with 1 HP, no matter how strong the hit is. All you need to do is build your team around your Vivi so that she can heal more than 50% of the team's total HP (don't forget the boat!). So basically, the only stages where you risk dying are the mobs ones, you become invincible once you reach Mihawk.

Oh, that's right. Interesting, but also kind of weird choice by the developers.

desverger

Is the current Alvida event something I should be farming (at lv15) seeing that it only has a few days left, or is it a some sort of a recurring event?

Also, does anyone have any idea what the drop chances are per stage? I've only dared to try the Rookie stage so far.

Is the current Alvida event something I should be farming (at lv15) seeing that it only has a few days left, or is it a some sort of a recurring event?

Also, does anyone have any idea what the drop chances are per stage? I've only dared to try the Rookie stage so far.

Just farm Rookie until you get an Alvida drop, that's all you want. There's no way to know the drop rates, but a speculation I saw floating around is 15%/25%/35% for Rookie/Veteran/Elite, respectively. Whatever the dreap is though, it's definitely better than the ~1% drop rates in story mode. The event will come back again someday, but not in the near future.

desverger

Just farm Rookie until you get an Alvida drop, that's all you want. There's no way to know the drop rates, but a speculation I saw floating around is 15%/25%/35% for Rookie/Veteran/Elite, respectively. Whatever the dreap is though, it's definitely better than the ~1% drop rates in story mode. The event will come back again someday, but not in the near future.

Okay, thanks. At least it's great exp and easy at this part of the game (I just finished Orange Town) :p

linkent

with 0.5stamina Loguetown,
The EXP/Sta ratio is double thus all stages has better ratio than Alvida Elite.
If you are looking to get higher Pirate Level quick, as well as Pirate Penguin, Tashigi, Smoker.
Farm them while it last!

pLow7

with 0.5stamina Loguetown,
The EXP/Sta ratio is double thus all stages has better ratio than Alvida Elite.
If you are looking to get higher Pirate Level quick, as well as Pirate Penguin, Tashigi, Smoker.
Farm them while it last!

Thanks! Need higher Pirate level to complete my Crew. Will do Loguetown then!

Majukun

Of course after I wasted 10 gems trying to get ace, they put the Straw Hats..noe i only have 35...
Also..do we know how far mihawk is? I wanna know if I will able to get the necessary gems in time with logins and events

linkent

Of course after I wasted 10 gems trying to get ace, they put the Straw Hats..noe i only have 35...
Also..do we know how far mihawk is? I wanna know if I will able to get the necessary gems in time with logins and events
Think it will be up by Don Krieg event.
So 1 month away.
Kuro-> Arlong-> Don Krieg.
According to OPTC blog.

The drop rate for end level boss must be lower than the non end level boss. Or my luck sux for those. Arlong ~60x didnt drop for me(I have him)
Now farming Smoker with 2x 55stamina and no drop.
And that fucking Ship Upgrade.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuu

Need to get as many damage buff as possible to be ready for Mihawk.
My Arlong team with full orb for 2x Arlong+Zoro+Buggy is enough to do 200k damage. Hopefully can get Mihawk with 5fruits.

desverger

Got an Alvida drop from the Veteran stage. Even a fresh double Ace team seems to be rather silly in terms of damage output.. I just blew her away lol.

bjork

Got my tax money, some is set aside for the V2 event. I want a Zoro and a Nami at least.

I think today is pirate penguin day, since Loguetown is 50% stamina. Also rainbow crab day.

Top Bottom