• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Wow dual Zeff teams are amazing. Was finally able to clear elite Alvida because of them. My fighter team is coming along nicely. Do the skill books have really low drop rates or what? I haven't gotten a single one
They're pretty rare, yeah. Not ridiculously rare, but rare. I'd put them on the same level as Cola from my experience- maybe a little less frequent than cola.

Oh okay, thanks. I did a few runs and didn't see any so I was wondering how often I'd get them. Need to get some for God Ussop during the next event.

Rurunaki

I care about my units more than colors. I did split the purple turtles between Buggy (for the 50% bonus) and Zoro (went the crab route) but I don't have any decent STR units so Vivi got every single turtle and skill book I got from Alvida. The same will happen at Kuro's event, my QCK units are more or less trash-tier so Shanks will get the blue fodder.

Thanks! Good luck farming that Laboon, I heard that his drop rate is worse than Zeff (but hey what do I know, I got Zeff first try). Also, an important point you should be aware of to not waste a rare drop, don't evolve Laboon, don't even level him up a single level.

No wonder. My str team is pretty decent.

Luffy - 37
Alvida - 42
Dragon - Filler til I get Arlong
Mr. 5 35
God Ussop

Plus all my zoro skill books goes to him and Hachi as I have a decent DEX team of Zoro, Zeff, Hachi, and Smoker.

I gotta concentrate on one team I guess..

Added some people, didn't add my stuff in cause it wouldn't format to look nice like everybody else.

As far as Vivi + Laboon what exactly should the team look like? Like, I'll have vivi at Princess soon but is there a specific level I should be? And how rough is it going to be to get to Mihawk with a bunch of low level units.

Added some people, didn't add my stuff in cause it wouldn't format to look nice like everybody else.

As far as Vivi + Laboon what exactly should the team look like? Like, I'll have vivi at Princess soon but is there a specific level I should be? And how rough is it going to be to get to Mihawk with a bunch of low level units.

You can add yourself, I'll fix the formatting later (it's a stupid formula, nothing big).

What you can fit depends on how much Vivi can heal and how much HP Vivi + Laboon have. With a 5* you might be able to fit 1 or 2 decent units (though most STR units have a high HP).

Watch these videos if you missed them:
4* Vivi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSm1TSfOXD0
5* Vivi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as6UFBWex-I

Both videos are for the 40 stamina version.

You can add yourself, I'll fix the formatting later (it's a stupid formula, nothing big).

What you can fit depends on how much Vivi can heal and how much HP Vivi + Laboon have. With a 5* you might be able to fit 1 or 2 decent units (though most STR units have a high HP).

Watch these videos if you missed them:
4* Vivi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSm1TSfOXD0
5* Vivi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as6UFBWex-I

Both videos are for the 40 stamina version.

Cool thanks! Isn't that evolved Laboon tho? I guess I'll have to actually pay attention to my team. Although if I manage to get a luffy v2 pull I may try and run him. But thanks again for the video!

If anybody plans on farming laboon I'm gonna have Princess Vivi by then for sure.

It's not that you can't use evolved Laboon, it's just that with an unevolved one you'll get to fit better units and finish things faster. Also, if for example none of your STR units fits under the HP cap while an evolved Laboon does, you might as well go with him instead (Mihawk is DEX so the extra STR damage is nice). Same goes for the boat, while Dinghy is the go-to choice there is no harm to choose Merry if you have some leftover HP. Just keep in mind that if you evolve your Laboon you might very well find yourself farming a second one for the next boss. Once we get Laboon's event isle, then you can start your Laboon collection with all sort of combinations of evolved/unevolved + Low Lv/High Lv.

Does anyone have tips or methods for grinding levels? I'm stuck slumming it with a 4-star Ace now that the 5-star Ace is the new hotness and I have all the required materials for the evolution except I'm 36 levels away from the level 70 level cap. It wouldn't be a problem but attack-wise, he's the worst character on my fighter team and the cards I pump into him are starting to get costly with little to show for it. Am I to understand the best way to grind for XP is to farm the elite event for turtles?

Also, I thought I read somewhere that you can get boosters at some point from the friend pull somewhere. I'm sitting on 8,310 FP and I'm not quite sure what to do with it.

chrono01

Does anyone have tips or methods for grinding levels? I'm stuck slumming it with a 4-star Ace now that the 5-star Ace is the new hotness and I have all the required materials for the evolution except I'm 36 levels away from the level 70 level cap. It wouldn't be a problem but attack-wise, he's the worst character on my fighter team and the cards I pump into him are starting to get costly with little to show for it. Am I to understand the best way to grind for XP is to farm the elite event for turtles?

Also, I thought I read somewhere that you can get boosters at some point from the friend pull somewhere. I'm sitting on 8,310 FP and I'm not quite sure what to do with it.
Your best chance at XP, at the moment, is the Elite event islands [currently Alvida]. They have a possibility to drop medium turtles, which are good for a decent amount of XP. You can save them for the 17th for when there's an increased chance at a Super Success [it's what I'm doing].

There will also be a Kuro island event starting at that time which will drop blue turtles which, when fed to your Ace, will be good for even more XP [due to the same-type bonus].

As for the friend pulls, apparently we'll get an event later on where we can get turtles/evolution materials from the friend gatcha. Save your pulls for that unless you're at your limit in which case use a single pull to keep yourself at 49.

leehom

How do i defeat smoker in loguetown? I have 5 star ace and all my other cards are straw hat pirates at lev 20. Seems like I can barely do any damage to him.I really need to evolve my cards, but don't have the mats to do so.

How do i defeat smoker in loguetown? I have 5 star ace and all my other cards are straw hat pirates at lev 20. Seems like I can barely do any damage to him.I really need to evolve my cards, but don't have the mats to do so.

What else do you have? If you're using Ace as lead into Smoker you're gonna have a bad time. I'd try and evolve luffy to 2nd gear at the very least and use him as your captain, try and get an alvida or arlong. You're not doing damage cause of his passive and cause your strongest units are weak to his.

linkent

Arlong 0.5 Stamina up!
These stages also has better exp/sta ratio than Alvida Elite.
Especially Last stage.

Killed Smoker ~40x no drop, hopefully better luck during 2x Drop.

bjork

For the Vivi/Laboon combo, what about just using them without any other crew members? I did a couple of the Loguetown levels with just Luffy and a friend Luffy, could that get the HP low enough so that it's easier to work out? Or do you still want to have the other guys there for the extra attacks?

RalchAC

For the Vivi/Laboon combo, what about just using them without any other crew members? I did a couple of the Loguetown levels with just Luffy and a friend Luffy, could that get the HP low enough so that it's easier to work out? Or do you still want to have the other guys there for the extra attacks?

I think a lot of people pair them with crabs since they have really low Hp (like 50) and a decent ATK (300). I'm not sure that you'd be able to clear the previous stages with just those two characters.

If you don't want to die you are going to need more people, mainly because of the room before Mihawk. All the guys in 6/7 are low HP (5) high DEF units so you'll deal crab/turtle like damage. The elder sea horse can chain a random unit for 6 turns, and the rest will chain ALL the units of opposite color (DEX guy chains all STR units, INT will chain all PSY.. etc) for 6 turns. So, if you only have the captains and you don't kill the seahorse, the DEX guy and the INT guy in one turn (well, you can't do it), they will chain either Vivi or Laboon (or even better, both) and their captain ability will stop working (rip in pasta). That's only the first problem. The second issue is that they hit hard and with your pathetic HP you probably won't be able to take 2+ hits.To be 100% safe you'll need a full party where everyone has a combo of at least 5. If any of your crew members has a combo lower than 5 (coughArlongcough), make sure your team doesn't have more than 4 colors and only keep a mob that can't lock anyone.

Even if you make your way through all the mob stages with only 2 members (the die&gem $trategie), you won't have the 2.5 PERFECT chain multiplier so the battle will be twice as long.

qazqaNii

If you don't want to die you are going to need more people, mainly because of the room before Mihawk. All the guys in 6/7 are low HP (5) high DEF units so you'll deal crab/turtle like damage. The elder sea horse can chain a random unit for 6 turns, and the rest will chain ALL the units of opposite color (DEX guy chains all STR units, INT will chain all PSY.. etc) for 6 turns. So, if you only have the captains and you don't kill the seahorse, the DEX guy and the INT guy in one turn (well, you can't do it), they will chain either Vivi or Laboon (or even better, both) and their captain ability will stop working (rip in pasta). That's only the first problem. The second issue is that they hit hard and with your pathetic HP you probably won't be able to take 2+ hits.To be 100% safe you'll need a full party where everyone has a combo of at least 5. If any of your crew members has a combo lower than 5 (coughArlongcough), make sure your team doesn't have more than 4 colors and only keep a mob that can't lock anyone.

Even if you make your way through all the mob stages with only 2 members (the die&gem $trategie), you won't have the 2.5 PERFECT chain multiplier so the battle will be twice as long.

Interesting, can't wait to try it out.

Btw did you really get your vivi to lvl 70? It seems to take ages to even get to 40, my vivi is currently at 36 :p.

Btw did you really get your vivi to lvl 70? It seems to take ages to even get to 40, my vivi is currently at 36 :p.

I did, and it's nothing special, so many people evolved their Vivi/Ace/Shanks and much earlier than I did. Once you go over level 30-40 you'll need to switch to 100% turtles/skillbooks, anything else is inefficient.

KumaJG

Damn I shouldn't have went the non pirate penguin route with Zoro to get his Ashura form. He is breaking my beli bank >_<. On the plus side I got 5 turtles and 3 more levels to go, not sure if I should just force feed him or not.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I just found out you can manual target enemies in the middle of combat. That would've been super useful numerous times. Tapping an enemy while mid-chain consumes some accuracy, but in some scenarios could be very worth it. PSA of the day.

bjork

I just found out you can manual target enemies in the middle of combat. That would've been super useful numerous times. Tapping an enemy while mid-chain consumes some accuracy, but in some scenarios could be very worth it. PSA of the day.

PSA of the day, read the tips after each battle, there's tons of helpful stuff in there
including that info
!

bjork

What is the best place to farm the little yellow seahorse so i can evolve luffy to gear 2nd?

You can nab them for sure on seahorse island day, but there's a chart here too to help.

Finally got my Alvida to 50, so she's evolved. Not sure who to work on next. Got Smoker, Tashigi, Kuro, Vivi, and Ace to work on, out of big names. They're all so far, though.

[edit - I'm gonna go with miss goldenweek :) ]

icechai

I just rerolled a 5 star Ace and I decided to switch to that permanently (id: 283723114 for anyone that needs that 2.5x qck).

What this means is I'm giving away my old account - Enraged Arlong, lvl 60 Shanks, a lot of skillbooks and turtles saved up, 5 star Zoro, 5 star Luffy, Zeff, and a lot of other great units. Will PM whoever first replies to this thread that wants it.

Also another roll that I had before the 5 star Ace is up for grabs: 4 star Kuro, 4 star Ace, new account. Just indicate if you want to use it.

RalchAC

I just rerolled a 5 star Ace and I decided to switch to that permanently (id: 283723114 for anyone that needs that 2.5x qck).

What this means is I'm giving away my old account - Enraged Arlong, lvl 60 Shanks, a lot of skillbooks and turtles saved up, 5 star Zoro, 5 star Luffy, Zeff, and a lot of other great units. Will PM whoever first replies to this thread that wants it.

Also another roll that I had before the 5 star Ace is up for grabs: 4 star Kuro, 4 star Ace, new account. Just indicate if you want to use it.

Why aren't you keeping an acount where you've spent so many hours of playtime (and probably got a bunch of fruits for a re-roll that while good, isn't that much better than your current units?

Edit: It seems you have better units than me (kinda) but I've become kind of attached to my crew. Not going to change my account.

icechai

Why aren't you keeping an acount where you've spent so many hours of playtime (and probably got a bunch of fruits for a re-roll that while good, isn't that much better than your current units?

Edit: It seems you have better units than me (kinda) but I've become kind of attached to my crew. Not going to change my account.

I really wanted Ace and from my Shanks roll was hoping I'd get it one day. Also realized how long it takes to get 5 star from 4 star Ace/Shanks. Plus I play very casually when I'm watching TV so not too attached to it, and I definitely don't want to play 2 accounts :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Alvida evolved - yes.

But man from the 3-4 Alvida games i ran today 0 teenage turtles dropped. Also it seems like you can have max 50 friend pulls in the western version, hope they expand it soon.
Congrats!

And yeah, I'm thinking of passing on the V2 Sugofest too. I'm kind of want to wait until the Sugofest exclusives are introduced into the game, that way when I'm pulling during a Sugofest, I have an added element to pull from. It helps that all of these Sugofest exclusives are amazing. Also, this V2 Sugofest will overlap with the QCK event, and I really don't need troll pulls from that group, especially considering I already have Ace. :/

Thanks !!

Perfect - that sounds good. Knowing that there are other like me who wont pull makes the decision easier - i will be honest i am a OP nut and could without much trouble spend mayor bucks on the game without feeling bad. But i feel too much iAP especially this early kill the "game" part a bit...struggling along and seeing how far you can make it without pulling after your initial pull is always a nice challenge. Once units are in i cant resist (Hancock or Rayleigh) or i cant clear content i will start pulling.

Hehe yeah im also at a point now where this is "my account" and my units so i cant abandon them, no matter how tough it gets will just have to make it work somehow.

I'm kinda shocked how much worse diable jambe sanji is compared to zoro/luffy.

How is he worse ? They have diffrent roles - Zoro and Luffy are mostly leaders and damage dealers why Sanji is a support unit proving defense break, healing or direct damage depending on his evo station. And his stats arent that much worse he deals quite some dmg in a Zeff team.

Thanks, her atrocious 4* art helped pushing me to evolve her faster. :p
You did good by waiting IMO, blue turtles + super success will get you there in no time. I didn't have the same options, both my starters are PSY and the first yellow turtles we'll get should come a week before Mihawk (Don Krieg).

Hehe to be fair even if i wanted i couldnt level up my Ace at this point - i just dont have the money which is why i will use my stamina tomorrow and farm the weekend Island so that this wont stop me from evolving Ace next week.

I guess Don Krieg has yellow and purple turtles ?

qazqaNii

Has anyone here gotten Arlong on 15?, I've been doing them in hope of getting any of the three but none of them have popped up.

RalchAC

Hehe to be fair even if i wanted i couldnt level up my Ace at this point - i just dont have the money which is why i will use my stamina tomorrow and farm the weekend Island so that this wont stop me from evolving Ace next week.

I guess Don Krieg has yellow and purple turtles ?

I think the best you can do is wait until Kuro event for leveling up your Ace. My Sanji is at level 41 ATM and it was so costly to level her up that in the end I decided to just wait until I can farm nicely some blue turtles. So once they super-time drops I'm going to waste most of my fodder turtles on leveling up Aldiva and Luffy.

BTW, I've finally bothered to upload some pics of my crew to Google Drive. Here is my crew + turtles

Zq46Ypa.png

Us7MCcL.png
I think I have 13 turtles now and 11 Aldivas. Plus my Luffy is level 35, Aldiva level 41 and Zoro level 40. I have 7 Zoro books and 4 Chopper ones. Oh, and 2 Yellow Turtles (they're below) and a Purple Elder one.

But I'm as broken (money) right now as I am in that picture

I was driving yesterday and saw a sign for the lottery..i thought i should buy a ticket but then i thought what would be the chances of me getting a winner...i then remembered i got zeff to drop so anythings possible

freed

Has anyone here gotten Arlong on 15?, I've been doing them in hope of getting any of the three but none of them have popped up.

About 70or more try on arlong park. Even sucking my stamina on 2x chance... But no luck....

U can only rely on your luck to get him -_-

iSnakeTk

Should be put to work in a coal mine.

Hey if you didnt give away your account already could I have it ? It 's not for me but for my little bro. He decided to reroll because he evolved Usopp the wrong way and wanted Ace/Shanks really bad. But now he's frustated and stopped playing because he couldn't pull anything he wanted.

icechai

Hey if you didnt give away your account already could I have it ? It 's not for me but for my little bro. He decided to reroll because he evolved Usopp the wrong way and wanted Ace/Shanks really bad. But now he's frustated and stopped playing because he couldn't pull anything he wanted.

PMed the ace and kuro roll to you. If anyone wants my main account noted previously to play with shanks and co it's still available

leehom

What else do you have? If you're using Ace as lead into Smoker you're gonna have a bad time. I'd try and evolve luffy to 2nd gear at the very least and use him as your captain, try and get an alvida or arlong. You're not doing damage cause of his passive and cause your strongest units are weak to his.

Sorry for the late response.

5 star ace at level 20
4 star luffy (just evolved) level 16
3 star alvida level 26
3 star zoro level 20
3 star sanji level 20
3 star usopp level 20 (working on his evolve mats)
3 star nami level 20

Who should I try to evolve to beat smoker? I started playing this game earlier this week. Played a couple of days and realized I messed up really bad. Kept throwing random pirates to power up my main 4 star luffy and was sort of stuck around level 30ish, so I gave up because it was too expensive to keep upgrading him.

Rerolled and got 5 star ace first try, so I kept him and been stashing my gems, except I used a few to make my box larger. I have a 108 lb phoenix manual with zoro on it. Who should I use it on, well how do I use it?

leehom

You can nab them for sure on seahorse island day, but there's a chart here too to help.

Finally got my Alvida to 50, so she's evolved. Not sure who to work on next. Got Smoker, Tashigi, Kuro, Vivi, and Ace to work on, out of big names. They're all so far, though.

[edit - I'm gonna go with miss goldenweek :) ]

Does this mean the drop % is higher on those days or is there a place I specifically fight them to get them to drop?

Sorry for the late response.

5 star ace at level 20
4 star luffy (just evolved) level 16
3 star alvida level 26
3 star zoro level 20
3 star sanji level 20
3 star usopp level 20 (working on his evolve mats)
3 star nami level 20

Who should I try to evolve to beat smoker? I started playing this game earlier this week. Played a couple of days and realized I messed up really bad. Kept throwing random pirates to power up my main 4 star luffy and was sort of stuck around level 30ish, so I gave up because it was too expensive to keep upgrading him.

Rerolled and got 5 star ace first try, so I kept him and been stashing my gems, except I used a few to make my box larger. I have a 108 lb phoenix manual with zoro on it. Who should I use it on, well how do I use it?

You're going to have a hard time if you're running a QCK team up against Smoker, who as a beefy DEX boss is going to give that team the most trouble. I'd recommend farming for Zeff and then running Zeff as captain, Zeff (Friend Captain), Golden Hammer Usopp, Sanji, Ace, and Luffy. Just be sure to use Luffy as your finisher and if you can tank one hit from Smoker, you should be fine.

bjork

Does this mean the drop % is higher on those days or is there a place I specifically fight them to get them to drop?

Here, check this link out from earlier in the thread:

It shows which types of enemies show up on the extra island for each day of the week. Those islands are almost entirely populated by those types of creatures, with a few fodder enemies thrown in. So they'll all show up there, giving you a better chance of just running a specific story level in hopes of a drop.

For the other chart with each level listed, that's where they'll appear, but it isn't guaranteed every time. When I was looking for a seahorse, I had times where a wave with a seahorse would appear, but other runs would have a wave in its place with a bunch of turtles instead. Good luck, it feels good when you finally nab whoever you're after.

RalchAC

Man, this thread has been really slow for the last few days. We really need Kuro Event and Laboon stage so we can have a more lively thread again.

Kitoro

Man, this thread has been really slow for the last few days. We really need Kuro Event and Laboon stage so we can have a more lively thread again.

Exactly why the Straw Hat V2 are coming 3 weeks early. The game would take a serious hit in interest if they kept the rare summon gate a complete waste of time and money for another 3 weeks.

Top Bottom