• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Second Pirate Penguin get - now i have all materials to evolve Ace, only need to level him up now. I can see the end of this journey...

Also probably wont pull for the v2 Strawhats - feels like i have enough units on my plate already that need some love.

I just realized the "DOOM" part of the last person hitting has been mistranslated.. After watching some japanese vids of the game.. it was supposed to be "DON".. Like Franky's master's (Tom) saying "Do it with a Don!"

Yea that sounds about right
"Do it with a doooooooom"

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
How much money have you guys dropped? I am thinking about throwing some at it for gems...
Probably around $50 since the beginning. Usually a dollar here and there to keep playing, haha. I've put in some hours into this, so worth it.

Also, I just pulled a green pirate penguin. Friday the 13th is my day.

Xeroblade

Probably around $50 since the beginning. Usually a dollar here and there to keep playing, haha. I've put in some hours into this, so worth it.

Also, I just pulled a green pirate penguin. Friday the 13th is my day.

Nice. I currently dont need to farm those darn pirate penguins. All of my pulls have been a evolve i was working on or someone I already have!

None. I think most people here haven't paid anything. I've played a bunch and honestly I would consider buying a few gems if they weren't so bizarrely overpriced.

Yup, none here as well. I've considered it, but the pricing is just way too high for me.

That being said, I may try to pick up some discounted Google Play credit for the v2 Straw hats release. I wouldn't mind contributing to the developer anyway, since I've gotten a lot of playtime and enjoyment out of the game.

qazqaNii

How much money have you guys dropped? I am thinking about throwing some at it for gems...

Yeah, I am looking for some discounted google play credits aswell, have never tried google pay credits before could be my first if I find anything cheap. I can't seem to justify 1$ for 1gem, they should consider doing 5 gems atleast 1 rare recruit try for 1 buck.

Yeah, I am looking for some discounted google play credits aswell, have never tried google pay credits before could be my first if I find anything cheap. I can't seem to justify 1$ for 1gem, they should consider doing 5 gems atleast 1 rare recruit try for 1 buck.
If it were a buck an attempt, I'd probably put a few dozen dollars into it, honestly. This 1:1 ratio though means I'll never even consider buying any.

cw_sasuke

No fruits purchased yet, don't know why I should considering how much free Orbs we are getting on a regular base and the selection on gacha units avaliable.
You aren't supposed to buy them individual but in bundles anyway... Anything else under the 30, 60 or 85 packs is just too expensive.

Rixa

Yeah getting gems in this game is really generous and there is no "big" need to pull from rare gatcha.

I made decision that I use all the gems to upgrade my box size, its now 110 and 200 is the aim. Sitting on 30 gems and waiting future pulls. Now to farm pirate penguins for ½ stamina.

Playing this game kinda casually since the fights take kinda long time, everyday login and burn stamina and do something :).

37 runs before yellow penguin decided to drop. After the rainbow and yellow ones I think I hate penguins IRL now.

Screw super success rate up, it's evolution time:

xgnun4y.jpg

giphy.gif

QansmXg.jpg

Haven't spent any money on this game yet either.

With the gacha not having too many exclusive units, I don't really see the need to do a pull.

Plus, with how slow you get exp and mats for your units, no reason for me to even pull something if there's no way for me to evolve or raise them. ~_~

cw_sasuke

37 runs before yellow penguin decided to drop. After the rainbow and yellow ones I think I hate penguins IRL now.

Awesome man, congrats - what a nice Artwork as well - Vivi is so awesome.

Your girl will be even popular once we get the tougher events :-D

Man with Chrono01 and you already having evolved your starter rolls i feel left out - Kuro event cant be here soon enough, my Ace needs love xD

Haven't spent any money on this game yet either.

With the gacha not having too many exclusive units, I don't really see the need to do a pull.

Plus, with how slow you get exp and mats for your units, no reason for me to even pull something if there's no way for me to evolve or raise them. ~_~

Yeah, having enough problem getting the units leveled that i got via farming...add in a couple gacha units and you probably will never be done. Also i dont know how i would react if i would pull now the evolved version of a unit i have been leveling for weeks.

Verelios

Rolled a Kuro and 2 Bon Clay. I wanted an Ace but...ehhhhh, going to go forward with these guys.

At Baratie now and the DEF is getting higher.

Thank you for using the digimon evolve method.
a.k.a the GOAT evolve method.

Awesome man, congrats - what a nice Artwork as well - Vivi is so awesome.

Your girl will be even popular once we get the tougher events :-D

Man with Chrono01 and you already having evolved your starter rolls i feel left out - Kuro event cant be here soon enough, my Ace needs love xD

Thanks, her atrocious 4* art helped pushing me to evolve her faster. :p
You did good by waiting IMO, blue turtles + super success will get you there in no time. I didn't have the same options, both my starters are PSY and the first yellow turtles we'll get should come a week before Mihawk (Don Krieg).

RalchAC

Rolled a Kuro and 2 Bon Clay. I wanted an Ace but...ehhhhh, going to go forward with these guys.

At Baratie now and the DEF is getting higher.

I haven't jumped on the Ace hype train because I'm going to save my gems for the Mugiwara event. I think I'm going to keep like 15 or so for Mihawk.

a.k.a the GOAT evolve method.

Thanks, her atrocious 4* art helped pushing me to evolve her faster. :p
You did good by waiting IMO, blue turtles + super success will get you there in no time. I didn't have the same options, both my starters are PSY and the first yellow turtles we'll get should come a week before Mihawk (Don Krieg).

I don't like her face at all in the 4* art. His character model is quite cute though. You're going to get a lot of friendpoints in the next few days. A shame they're almost useless once you're at a decent level.

Coldphire

Neo Member
Does anyone know if the drops for each section are set when the level is created or checked at each kill? What I mean is that I have only ever seen one "thing" drop in each section. So if the drops are rolled on after each kill then I should kill the things I want first like the pirate penguins or the crabs. However if the drops are set beforehand then the kill order doesn't matter.

I don't like her face at all in the 4* art. His character model is quite cute though. You're going to get a lot of friendpoints in the next few days. A shame they're almost useless once you're at a decent level.

Yeah her face was the main problem, it looked so ugly when zoomed-in below the world map. FP aren't useless, save them for upcoming events where you'll have a chance to pull turtles and evo mats with FP recruit.

Does anyone know if the drops for each section are set when the level is created or checked at each kill? What I mean is that I have only ever seen one "thing" drop in each section. So if the drops are rolled on after each kill then I should kill the things I want first like the pirate penguins or the crabs. However if the drops are set beforehand then the kill order doesn't matter.

They are fixed by the server right before you enter the battle (to keep people from breaking drop rates by modifying the local files).

Drops are set beforehand. Only one item per battle.

Drops are set when you start the level.

And you can only get one drop per stage.

So kill order doesn't matter, but you can choose to kill the stuff you desire first to get the disappointment out of the way.

Rurunaki

I don't know how you guys keep finding fodder for PSY units. My Shanks is like waiting for a yellow turtle island because I dont want to feed him reds/purple (I'm greedy for that 50% bonus with same color.)

chrono01

with 0.5stamina Loguetown,
The EXP/Sta ratio is double thus all stages has better ratio than Alvida Elite.
If you are looking to get higher Pirate Level quick, as well as Pirate Penguin, Tashigi, Smoker.
Farm them while it last!
I just noticed I need a rd pirate penguin to evolve my Luffy.

This will be fun painful. -_-

Second Pirate Penguin get - now i have all materials to evolve Ace, only need to level him up now. I can see the end of this journey...

Also probably wont pull for the v2 Strawhats - feels like i have enough units on my plate already that need some love.
Congrats!

And yeah, I'm thinking of passing on the V2 Sugofest too. I'm kind of want to wait until the Sugofest exclusives are introduced into the game, that way when I'm pulling during a Sugofest, I have an added element to pull from. It helps that all of these Sugofest exclusives are amazing. Also, this V2 Sugofest will overlap with the QCK event, and I really don't need troll pulls from that group, especially considering I already have Ace. :/

0. I'm at 70 with 100 Slots in my Character Box.

I've just been hoarding all of the free ones. The game has been super-generous up until this point, but I can see myself buying a few Rainbow Gems later on to support the game. It's a lot of fun.

Congrats!

I look forward to your Vivi when Mihawk hits. :)

RalchAC

Yeah her face was the main problem, it looked so ugly when zoomed-in below the world map. FP aren't useless, save them for upcoming events where you'll have a chance to pull turtles and evo mats with FP recruit.

They are fixed by the server right before you enter the battle (to keep people from breaking drop rates by modifying the local files).

Yeah, I've been saving them. I have like 2500 right now.

I don't know how you guys keep finding fodder for PSY units. My Shanks is like waiting for a yellow turtle island because I dont want to feed him reds/purple (I'm greedy for that 50% bonus with same color.)

I've done the last level of Loguetown a few times so I could level up my pirate level and go another 3 times to Aldiva and I've got a lot of PSY fodder while I was there. Maybe you should give it a try.

Coby + Chest guy + Some fodder can boost you lr PSY units nicely

I just noticed I need a rd pirate penguin to evolve my Luffy.

This will be fun painful. -_-

Congrats!

And yeah, I'm thinking of passing on the V2 Sugofest too. I'm kind of want to wait until the Sugofest exclusives are introduced into the game, that way when I'm pulling during a Sugofest, I have an added element to pull from. It helps that all of these Sugofest exclusives are amazing. Also, this V2 Sugofest will overlap with the QCK event, and I really don't need troll pulls from that group, especially considering I already have Ace. :/

0. I'm at 70 with 100 Slots in my Character Box.

I've just been hoarding all of the free ones. The game has been super-generous up until this point, but I can see myself buying a few Rainbow Gems later on to support the game. It's a lot of fun.

Congrats!

If you don't get them today I think you could use the 2x drop chance to get it. And you are going to get some sweet fodder you can use to level your new level 1 Luffy. With the fodder I got that way I leveled up both my Aldiva and Luffy to level >20

I was thinking about it too and might as well do that.

Even if I get something good, I'm still so behind on leveling my current stuff, I probably shouldn't be using my fruits until its something really amazing.

The thing about the V2 Straw Hats is that I want Zoro, but I already have Asura Zoro, and I can only use one Zoro on my team, so it feels kind of like a waste, when I could try to go for a slasher that I can use alongside my Zoro instead. Asura Zoro has more attack too.

EDIT: Wait, with Gear 3 Luffy, you don't need to get three perfects in a row with Luffy, but just with any three characters? Man, Gear 3 Luffy works with any characters so if you have him you can really make your team anyway you want it, huh?

I care about my units more than colors. I did split the purple turtles between Buggy (for the 50% bonus) and Zoro (went the crab route) but I don't have any decent STR units so Vivi got every single turtle and skill book I got from Alvida. The same will happen at Kuro's event, my QCK units are more or less trash-tier so Shanks will get the blue fodder.

Congrats!

Thanks! Good luck farming that Laboon, I heard that his drop rate is worse than Zeff (but hey what do I know, I got Zeff first try). Also, an important point you should be aware of to not waste a rare drop, don't evolve Laboon, don't even level him up a single level.

chrono01

Thanks! Good luck farming that Laboon, I heard that his drop rate is worse than Zeff (but hey what do I know, I got Zeff first try). Also, an important point you should be aware of to not waste a rare drop, don't evolve Laboon, don't even level him up a single level.
I knew about not leveling him [since you want to keep your HP as low as you can so Vivi can more easily heal you to full], but I didn't know about the poor drop-rate for him. :/

Laboon is getting his own event isle before Mihawk, though. I'll just try grabbing him there. It should be easier. Hopefully.

I knew about not leveling him [since you want to keep your HP as low as you can so Vivi can more easily heal you to full], but I didn't know about the poor drop-rate for him. :/

Laboon is getting his own event isle before Mihawk, though. I'll just try grabbing him there. It should be easier. Hopefully.

That's right, even if your Vivi if high enough, you'll need Laboon's HP as low as possible to fit better units than crabs and penguins.

Not sure where you read about Laboon's special island being before Mihawk, but that's not true, his event is still months away. The new content/events we're getting should be:

Kuro's event
Arlong's event + Laboon in story mode (either same week or 1 week apart)
Don Krieg's event + Mihawk raid boss

So Laboon's event will 99% be after Mihawk's first appearance.

Are you guys going to do the Laboon + Vivi combo for Mihawk?

If I can get Vivi to Lv 72+ in time I'll be going with Vivi/v2 Zoro on the 30 stamina island. Not a guaranteed drop but much faster clear time since I can have Luffy/Arlong/Alvida in my team. I'll gem for stamina if necessary.

If not, then I'll just do the 40 stamina version with Laboon.

RalchAC

Are you guys going to do the Laboon + Vivi combo for Mihawk?

I dunno if I have the patience to fight for so long lol. I'd rather use a STR/Fighter and pay some Fruits. Still, since I have 49 stamina (and I think I'll have 55 once he drop) I'll do a 15 stamina run to see if I am insanely lucky lol.

chrono01

That's right, even if your Vivi if high enough, you'll need Laboon's HP as low as possible to fit better units than crabs and penguins.

Not sure where you read about Laboon's special island being before Mihawk, but that's not true, his event is still months away. The new content/events we're getting should be:

Kuro's event
Arlong's event + Laboon in story mode (either same week or 1 week apart)
Don Krieg's event + Mihawk raid boss

So Laboon's event will 99% be after Mihawk's first appearance.
Sorry, I misread the Laboon announcement as his event isle not his story quest release. I guess I have a lot of farming [and wasted stamina] to look forward to!

Edit: Oh, red pirate penguin get. That was easier than the blue, at least for me. Back to farming Alvida Elite for XP turtles!

chrono01

Do we get Vivi for free as part of the story or is she only farmable/gatcha?
You get her via story quests.

The opening post/unit list was made when the game was released and listed the current "gatcha-only" units. The only ones on that list that are still gatcha-only [in the Japanese release] are Ace and Shanks. Nico Robin could also be added to that list.

Kitoro

Got my Red and Black Pirate Penguins and a rainbow hermit crab just now after about 8 runs for each. Got all the mats now to evolve either V2 Luffy or Nami.

I've got 65 freebie gems ready for the 17th. I'm going to keep pulling until I get Luffy V2 or run out, whichever comes first.

Hopefully if I don't get Luffy V2, I'll at least get Nami V2 and get cracking on an INT team.

There's a list of people from gaf right? I've got guest captains and nothing else right now, so it's making farming impossible. Trying to grind yellow turtles, so close to getting Vivi to her final form. 10 more agonizing levels

chrono01

There's a list of people from gaf right? I've got guest captains and nothing else right now, so it's making farming impossible. Trying to grind yellow turtles, so close to getting Vivi to her final form. 10 more agonizing levels
There is.

Quote the OP to find the Google doc with all of our information.

Wow dual Zeff teams are amazing. Was finally able to clear elite Alvida because of them. My fighter team is coming along nicely. Do the skill books have really low drop rates or what? I haven't gotten a single one

Top Bottom