• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

pLow7

This fucking Game is shitting with me.

Wanted to try Expert, and i get fuckin Django on First Stage. Dat Bastard hits about 5k Damage!

StMeph

... Try the game on my ipad, first roll Balloon Luffy.
T_T
Wish I could change my 10pull from main account with it :(

I'm assuming you're wishing you could merge the two, but if you really prefer G3 Luffy, you could get the account information and swap the accounts between your phone and iPad.

ah_hia

So I tried again just for you. All I needed to win was 1 damn meat! Literally 1 turn left. Almost 20 turns and only 2 meat drops from stage 4. I took some heavy damage early due to lag and missing and wasnt able to recover from it due to no meat drops, but I think I did well considering Kuro only hit me twice.

If you want to attempt with that team I'd suggest bringing around lvl 30 Princess Vivi as a friend or not doing it. Maybe it was just an unlucky run, or the fact that I subbed in G3 Luffy instead just to try him. It was still 30 stamina wasted. I'lI beat it with that team before the 2 weeks are up.
Appreciate the attempt with expert. I think I will remain in elite for a while until I raise my levels.

ah_hia

@majukun, are our zeff teams weak or what lol. I admit my team is underleveled with zeff being 35 only. The challenge spike in expert is quite the surprise.

Fbh

Hey guys, I need some:

- Is it a good idea to use the elder turtles they gave out the other day on my Zoro? He is at lv 41 and it's taking me a lot of time to level him up to 50 and finally be able to evolve him. I'm asking because of the 2X super success thing going on.

-Is there much of an advantage in doing the elite Kuro event over the veteran one?
Because I'm still have some issues with elite and when I beat it got nothing too good. Then I tried veteran which was easy and I got an elder turtle and Usopp skill book.

- Is it worth it to invest some fruits on the Strawhat rare recruit?. I just saw there is some luffy in the new "must have tier" but I feel like the chance of getting him is probably very slim

RalchAC

Everything has a bunch of HP and you don't have enough health to make it through the whole thing without dying at least once or twice. Especially to Kuro dealing 2k every turn.

Give it a shot though!

My current Dual Zeff build has 5k HP which isn't enough for Expert.

I'll try to tweak my team a little now that fucking gotcha has given me some shitty brawler units that have more health than my Chopper.

Will evolve Sanji too. the Chef one doesn't have good stats.

qazqaNii

Hey guys, I need some:

- Is it a good idea to use the elder turtles they gave out the other day on my Zoro? He is at lv 41 and it's taking me a lot of time to level him up to 50 and finally be able to evolve him. I'm asking because of the 2X super success thing going on.

-Is there much of an advantage in doing the elite Kuro event over the veteran one?
Because I'm still have some issues with elite and when I beat it got nothing too good. Then I tried veteran which was easy and I got an elder turtle and Usopp skill book.

- Is it worth it to invest some fruits on the Strawhat rare recruit?. I just saw there is some luffy in the new "must have tier" but I feel like the chance of getting him is probably very slim

1. Well if you really want that asura zoro I would use the turtles. BTW they are not elder turtles.
2. The elite one is probably the best one, because it gives GOD ussopp skillbooks I got one from elite.
3. Up to you, you may get him in first turn or never. :p, do whatever you like, are you willing to save for several weeks/months to try again on a dropfestival?.

bjork

Pickups today:

- Balloon Luffy x2
- Fine Tempo Nami
- Usopp Hammer Usopp
- Choo
- Horn Point Chopper
- Evolved Tashigi x3 (!)
- Two Motherfucking Coby-ass Cobys
- Mr. 5
- Smooth Alvida
- Smoker
- Vivi

I was hoping to get a Zoro, but this is okay too. Used my turtles and got zero super success things, but using those 5 reward turtles got Nami up to level 32, so that was nice. Luffy will get there eventually too, but I did pulls in two batches... when Luffy didn't show up the first batch, I fed my red turtles to Arlong. Ha :(

I tried Expert Kuro with my slasher team twice and got rocked hard. The first time I at least made it to Kuro, but the second time, the orbs weren't on my side. Gonna give it a go with some different colors and see how it goes.

Tidd

Had to farm a red Pirate Penguin for my Ballon Luffy and got it in a few tries. (Thank you RNGod) All I need now is a red dragon and the crabs. If everything goes right I should have 3rd gear Luffy on Friday.

Using my new Lion Song, I tried out a Zoro + Vivi combo. On an easier level so it's not too telling, but still- damn is that effective. I need more Vivi friends, hah.

Xeroblade

giphy.gif

Waiting for the kuro drop.

Using my new Lion Song, I tried out a Zoro + Vivi combo. On an easier level so it's not too telling, but still- damn is that effective. I need more Vivi friends, hah.

I got a vivi from a pull, she is only level 12 but if you would like i could stick her in as captain while I wait for my stamina to charge. 411,575,732

I got a vivi from a pull, she is only level 12 but if you would like i could stick her in as captain while I wait for my stamina to charge. 411,575,732
Oh you don't have to change- no worries. I just want more vivi friends because you guys will be... trying to find appropriate words here... 'the !@#$' when folks like Mihawk show up. We're the perfect combo, though Laboon will be a big one too of course (but he's grindable).

Either way, I'm always looking for more GAFfers, so cheers.

RalchAC

Oh you don't have to change- no worries. I just want more vivi friends because you guys will be... trying to find appropriate words here... 'the !@#$' when folks like Mihawk show up. We're the perfect combo, though Laboon will be a big one too of course (but he's grindable).

Man, I doubt I have enough patience to actually go through a boss fight with >1.000.000 health without any damage multiplier.

ah_hia

I have a 4 star vivi that I am currently levelling up. It's at 52 at the moment and she just ate all my black turtles so I can't get her up as quickly as I would like.

Xeroblade

Ha, cheers. Also I pulled sexy Nami, should I throw all 5 of my purple turtles at her? She will be more viable later on correct?

Fbh

Pulled twice, got Iron Pearl (On Fire) and a Smoker.

Oh well, I did want to have a Smoker at some point.

Man, I doubt I have enough patience to actually go through a boss fight with >1.000.000 health without any damage multiplier.

It'll be brutal, but since my main team is a slasher, I really want a Mihawk. Not to mention since I have a Smoker, Asura, and a Lion Song, the Dex build is a definite possibility.
Ha, cheers. Also I pulled sexy Nami, should I throw all 5 of my purple turtles at her? She will be more viable later on correct?
Towel Nami? Yeah, she's apparently the best Captain for an Int (Purple) team even in the Japanese Version. So even if you don't use Int right now, having her for later just in case? Probably a really solid choice.

ah_hia

So I had a crazy thought. Since Expert Kuro is being a pain to double Zeff because of low hp and level, I decided to use my Mr. Prince as captain along with a friend Gear 3 luffy and my strongest characters. It works :)
Granted you need to get 2-3 consecutive perfects always though.
Otherwise you are screwed .

bjork

So I had a crazy thought. Since Expert Kuro is being a pain to double Zeff because of low hp, I decided to use my Mr. Prince as captain along with a friend Gear 3 luffy and my strongest characters. It works :)
Granted you need to get 2-3 consecutive perfects always though. 0 stamina forest helps.

Ah, I forgot about this even existing! Time to strategize. :)

StMeph

Bought some stones late last night and rolled again. The very last roll landed a G3 Luffy, so the total haul is now 4* Ace, V2 Zoro, and G3 Luffy. While I'm happy with the result, it's somewhat arresting to consider the price paid relative to other games, like, really? I just paid how much for a single character in a mobile game?

I'll probably be using all of the blue turtles from running Kuro on Luffy, off-color be damned.

So I had a crazy thought. Since Expert Kuro is being a pain to double Zeff because of low hp and level, I decided to use my Mr. Prince as captain along with a friend Gear 3 luffy and my strongest characters. It works :)
Granted you need to get 2-3 consecutive perfects always though.
Otherwise you are screwed .

Mr Prince isn't as useless as people tend to think. You can even beat 40-stamina Mihawk with Mr Prince + a high level G3 Luffy Friend + a couple fruits. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uxsuBmFZAA

So Gear 3 gives you the multiplier after 3 perfects. Does anybody know if the fourth has to be a perfect to give the fifth a perfect? Like, if you get three perfects then the fourth is a miss/good/great, does the 5th guy still get the damage boost?

ah_hia

So Gear 3 gives you the multiplier after 3 perfects. Does anybody know if the fourth has to be a perfect to give the fifth a perfect? Like, if you get three perfects then the fourth is a miss/good/great, does the 5th guy still get the damage boost?

You still get the boost even if you miss.

Not trying to be a PR guy, LonelyGreyWolf, I don't work for Bamco or anything. Now that you know this go below :p

I think the game is quite decent at not being especially annoying, outside the
FUCKING DAMNDSFKajkdslañjfkdsjañfkljañlfk
ships upgrades.

With the special events and stuff and this early extra gems you can have a good enough team. Mugiwaras v1 go from quite good to must have.

The only unit in my team I've farmed a lot was Zeff. Luffy, Sanji and God Ussop are story units while Chopper was my second unit when I rolled at first. (I think I got Buggy + Chopper there).

The events have granted us Buggy (which is a good INT leader), Aldiva (strong damage reducer with good stats) and now Kuro (which is quite good for slasher teams). We're even getting Arlong in a few weeks, which is one of the best leads right now.

It's true that the game does some F2P usual stuff (like the 2x chance of getting something) or the upcoming 24h events (which we should be able to clear without using fruits as we keep playing/farming and get ahead of the difficulty curve due to our playtime). But they're quite tame and usually it's not hard to grasp how they try to monetize you.

Which is ok to me, as long as they don't use psychological trappings like other games to try to get your money.

Farming 15 stamina (Elite) Kuro should work well for you (you should be able to clear it) and Kuro will be a nice addition to your team. That way you'll get a good QCK unit for a multicolored Slasher team.

Do you have somebody like Cabaji, Hachi or some other not so good DEX Slasher to add to your team?

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree. The game has bizarre amounts of grinding, and the facts that you get a few gems doesn't mean anything. Take me for instance. I just wasted 20 gems on pulls and got the worst stuff you can possibly get. I'm sure if I used 20 more I would get more garbage. It's just luck-based.

The progression is slow. Unlocking new characters and leveling up etc. takes long.

Yeah, my team is good enough to continue the story-line, I'm sure. Looks like the challenge comes from the temporary events.

And yeah, so much grinding. People in here have spent so many hours trying to get a certain character. And money? People in here have spent hundreds of dollars. It's insane. Imo this game would be way better if it wasn't F2P; if it was maybe $20 for the complete package and with much much much better drop-rates on all units and no stamina-limit.

The F2P stuff isn't tame imo. Insane amount of grinding + insane amount of luck-based = insanely F2P ;b But yeah, I agree that it doesn't use "psychological trappings" to get your money, and yeah you can probably get through all of the main arcs with no hassle.

And on the latter point I do have the two useless DEX's that you mention, but even with the double damage they'd do on Kuro I still think it would be less than any other decent unit.

I'm going to try Kuro a little bit more though :) I might be quitting this sooner than I first thought though.

Rurunaki

Hey guys, I need some:

Stick with veteran imo. Elite does have the Sogeking skill book though. The v2 Strawhats will make your life easuer for sure, but there will be other events that can compensate for those like Garp/Mihawk. Total discretion is up to you.

bjork

There's only two things I'd really change about this game:

1. I'd make the stamina time shorter, maybe 5:00 per?

2. I'd institute two tiers for the Rare Recruits, with different fruit costs. One would be lower (maybe 3 fruits) and would have things like we have now, where anyone could get anything. The other would be higher (maybe just 5) and not have things like base SHs, Coby, or lower versions of characters, just top versions. They'd never do it, but it would make things sweeter.

Stick with veteran imo. Elite does have the Sogeking skill book though. The v2 Strawhats will make your life easuer for sure, but there will be other events that can compensate for those like Garp/Mihawk. Total discretion is up to you.

Is veteran where the God Usopp books are at?

tadabola

this game is kinda abusive with the odds

those gacha events should be like, 1 pull ONLY and you definetly get one of those characters (speed, and now v2 mugiwara), especially that these events always are for 5, 6 characters.

and then you go back to the normal odds of the roll

I feel for the guy who spend 250 bucks on this game... man thats a lot of money. there are kids playing this game and this can get addictive.

tadabola

2. I'd institute two tiers for the Rare Recruits, with different fruit costs. One would be lower (maybe 3 fruits) and would have things like we have now, where anyone could get anything. The other would be higher (maybe just 5) and not have things like base SHs, Coby, or lower versions of characters, just top versions. They'd never do it, but it would make things sweeter.

thats good too. or they could DEMOTE some units to friendpull (like hatchi, coby , fat alvida, base SH etc)

Kuro Elite is such a walk in the park. Still can't do expert however. Maybe I should try a double Asura Zoro team but I don't really have any good dex units.

Just got Kuro at least. That'll help for the future.

bjork

Kuro Elite is such a walk in the park. Still can't do expert however. Maybe I should try a double Asura Zoro team but I don't really have any good dex units.

My dex team is lacking too. Got an Asura Zoro and the base Smoker, but green Chopper is kinda weak and the others are Django and Cabaji. Even a double Asura Zoro team didn't clear 0-stamina forest. It's gonna take some work to pass expert as my dudes currently are.

No, I got GOD Ussopp book at Elite, so elite is auto best :p.

Word. That's where I'll do most of my runs, then.

Rurunaki

Is veteran where the God Usopp books are at?

Whoops brain fart..

15 Stamina Kuro - Hammer Ussop skillbook
30 Stamina Kuro - Sogeking skillbook (got lucky enough to snag one)

Rurunaki

Build up your team first imo. You have 15 days to clear Elite Kuro. There is no rush.

Salex_

Soo...I might have to factory reset my phone and I can't open the game. Is there a way to recover my account with the ID?

They did a good job saving game data during battle but no Facebook login or some way to automatically recover your account...is terrible.

Soo...I might have to factory reset my phone and I can't open the game. Is there a way to recover my account with the ID?

They did a good job saving game data during battle but no Facebook login or some way to automatically recover your account...is terrible.

If you didn't generate a backup password in the last 7 days then your only option is to contact the official support (unless your phone is rooted/jailbroken).

RalchAC

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree. The game has bizarre amounts of grinding, and the facts that you get a few gems doesn't mean anything. Take me for instance. I just wasted 20 gems on pulls and got the worst stuff you can possibly get. I'm sure if I used 20 more I would get more garbage. It's just luck-based.

The progression is slow. Unlocking new characters and leveling up etc. takes long.

Yeah, my team is good enough to continue the story-line, I'm sure. Looks like the challenge comes from the temporary events.

And yeah, so much grinding. People in here have spent so many hours trying to get a certain character. And money? People in here have spent hundreds of dollars. It's insane. Imo this game would be way better if it wasn't F2P; if it was maybe $20 for the complete package and with much much much better drop-rates on all units and no stamina-limit.

The F2P stuff isn't tame imo. Insane amount of grinding + insane amount of luck-based = insanely F2P ;b But yeah, I agree that it doesn't use "psychological trappings" to get your money, and yeah you can probably get through all of the main arcs with no hassle.

And on the latter point I do have the two useless DEX's that you mention, but even with the double damage they'd do on Kuro I still think it would be less than any other decent unit.

I'm going to try Kuro a little bit more though :) I might be quitting this sooner than I first thought though.

Guess it actually depends (like everything) on the people. I've played high end content in MMOs extensively, so I'm used to grinding the same content over and over in order to get a slight boost that can be the difference between staying alive or dying in future harder content. And I've been actually paying 10€/month for that kind of grinding lol.

I see your point and I may have used tame in a wrong way. What I meant is that they're quite clear about what they want ou to do to buy gems.

desverger

I guess today wasn't a total waste after all.

I decided to do some Zeff farming, with the 2x drop and all in Baratie, and lo and behold - the old coot decided to finally drop! Maybe it's the game's way of apologizing for all those crappy pulls I did earlier :p

Now I finally have an alternative to my QCK team, which may even be more effective than my current team, since my QCK team has 2 standard goonies lol. It's good news regardless, since I can now go against DEX bosses much more effectively.

Today made me realize that I really don't think you need to be pulling from the gacha in this game, if you just have the patience to farm for drops. I mean I got a much better character with just farming than I got by pulling with 30 gems.

I'm most likely just going to start hoarding gems for now, I don't really see a point to the gacha honestly.

edit: Just got Kuro as well, he'll be a good addition to my QCK team!

iSnakeTk

Should be put to work in a coal mine.
So my 11 year old brother is a huge one piece fan and had 25 fruits today. So after I got home he was really excited to pull some new chars.

First he got Diablo Sanji and freaks out with excitement.
Second I pull for him and get him freaking buggy.
Next he pulls again and gets 5 star Vivi and I'm like wtf is up with his account.
And again I pull for him and get 3 star Mr. 5. -.-
Next pull he draws again and gets fuck.ing Gear 3 Luffy.I'm sitting there with my mouth wide open while he's running through the house screaming his lungs out with excitement and losing his shit.
He was basically that n64 kid on youtube.

Then on my own account I got Django and lvl 4 nami :(

chrono01

So my 11 year old brother is a huge one piece fan and had 25 fruits today. So after I got home he was really excited to pull some new chars.

First he got Diablo Sanji and freaks out with excitement.
Second I pull for him and get him freaking buggy.
Next he pulls again and gets 5 star Vivi and I'm like wtf is up with his account.
And again I pull for him and get 3 star Mr. 5. -.-
Next pull he draws again and gets fuck.ing Gear 3 Luffy.I'm sitting there with my mouth wide open while he's running through the house screaming his lungs out with excitement and losing his shit.
He was basically that n64 kid on youtube.

Then on my own account I got Django and lvl 4 nami :(
You need to let your brother pull on your account. Now. Insane.

As for me, here I am sitting....staring...at my 77 Rainbow Gems. Do I pull, once? Just once, to see if I can manage a Gear Third Luffy? Will I be able to stop if I don't succeed? Would that pull be better served later on when there isn't a "Sanjifest" happening and the pool of great units is higher? It doesn't help things that there's a QCK event happening in addition to this one. :/

Only a few more hours until the Sugofest ends and I can end this temptation. Seeing people with their shiny new Gear Third Luffy isn't making me feel any better [congrats to you, however!]. I'm going to [try] and save for Rayleigh. I can do it, I think I can.

KumaJG

You need to let your brother pull on your account. Now. Insane.

As for me, here I am sitting....staring...at my 77 Rainbow Gems. Do I pull, once? Just once, to see if I can manage a Gear Third Luffy? Will I be able to stop if I don't succeed? Would that pull be better served later on when there isn't a "Sanjifest" happening and the pool of great units is higher? It doesn't help things that there's a QCK event happening in addition to this one. :/

Only a few more hours until the Sugofest ends and I can end this temptation. Seeing people with their shiny new Gear Third Luffy isn't making me feel any better [congrats to you, however!]. I'm going to [try] and save for Rayleigh. I can do it, I think I can.

The way I see it, one of us pull G3 Luffy we all pulled G3 Luffy.

chrono01

The way I see it, one of us pull G3 Luffy we all pull G3 Luffy.
Haha, I guess.

Still, stacking Gear Third Luffy would be even nicer, but I guess I'd still get close to the same effect using a Gear Third Luffy/Rayleigh, assuming I can actually obtain him.

If you pull, it won't be once. But 77 is a lot. While it sucks there is a QCK event going on, I can't say I've gotten that many of them. I think maybe the increase on the V2's is greater than the increase on QCK- but that's just based on personal anecdotes (about 25 pulls), not real evidence. And while later on the pool of good guys will be higher... so will the pool of sucky guys.

I'm going to [try] and save for Rayleigh. I can do it, I think I can.
Good luck. It's a worthy goal. I was planning on saving up for Whitebeard myself, until today. >.<

Top Bottom