• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Got destroyed in Expert, missed my perfects and didn't go past the third stage. lol
I'm going to play it safe and try with a Vivi/Asura team. Does any of the bosses actually have DEF?

RalchAC

6 pulls, nothing but shit :p

Was hoping to at least get some decent QCK units, like Tashigi (since I have a 5* Ace) so I wouldn't have to farm for them, but all I got was Sanjis. You guys weren't kidding for the super Sanji rate up.

Seriously considering just rerolling to start over now, basically I've wasted 30 gems.

Anyway, my disappointing pulls:
4* Impact Usopp >_>
3* Sanji
4* Sanji V2
4* Sanji V2
3* Miss Wednesday
3* Hatchan

4* Impact Ussop is good if you wait for a while. Garp is a really strong PSY leader and there are other units from that type launching soon. The skill is good if you prefer burst damage over turn delaying :)

I had some fruits stored for today and this is what I pulled...

Mr. Prince Sanji - To be expected, but still, ugh.
Gum Gum Pistol Luffy - Thanks game, I hate you too.
Roronoa Zoro - Really game, you're not gonna give me 3rd Gear Luffy are you?
Alvida - ...
Alvida - REALLY I HATE THIS GAME!

Rixa

Eww. Made 6 pulls, gotta legion of Tony Tonys :(.

1. 4* Tonytony chopper - guard point
2. 3* TTC
3. 4* Iron mace alvida
4. 3* TTC
5. 4* Chef Sanji
6. 4* TTC - Horn point

^^
Iam farming pirate penguin for lvl 35 4* Sanji and now I got that another type evolved version (at lvl 20). Wtf I do with now acquired Sanji? Farming Pirate (blue) Penguin takes ages :/.

Atleast that Alvida was ok, now I dont need to level my 3* Alvida.
Wth I do with all those TT choppers? I already have 1 heavy point version.

Well my characater box size is 140 so no cursing that I used gems to pulls when I dont have room.

Nibel

Started playing this yesterday.

This is fucking crack. I know most of the mechanics aren't exactly new, but man the production values are impressive and I can't get enough of One Piece.

chrono01

Got destroyed in Expert, missed my perfects and didn't go past the third stage. lol
I'm going to play it safe and try with a Vivi/Asura team. Does any of the bosses actually have DEF?
Nope, not really.

Well, Butchie has a bit, but he's not one of those "1 Damage Dealt" kind of enemies.

This is fucking crack. I know most of the mechanics aren't exactly new, but man the production values are impressive and I can't get enough of One Piece.
Yeah, the game is a lot of fun, even more if you're a fan of One Piece. If you're not, you might become one while playing the game.

I was surprised, as well, seeing the production values put into this. I love the graphic novel-style approach, and the animation sprites are fun to look at. I especially like how they change when they reach low HP.

I can see myself sticking with this for a while, even if I'm unlucky with gatcha pulls. Spoiler - I definitely will be.

RalchAC

Eww. Made 6 pulls, gotta legion of Tony Tonys :(.

1. 4* Tonytony chopper - guard point
2. 3* TTC
3. 4* Iron mace alvida
4. 3* TTC
5. 4* Chef Sanji
6. 4* TTC - Horn point

Guard Point is good for Asura Zoro tanky teams.

One TTC can be evolved into Brain Point which is a quite good recovery unit. Combined with a unit that changes food to X colour (Buggy, Iron Pearl, Django) you can get a nice burst of damage.

Majukun

I had some fruits stored for today and this is what I pulled...

Mr. Prince Sanji - To be expected, but still, ugh.
Gum Gum Pistol Luffy - Thanks game, I hate you too.
Roronoa Zoro - Really game, you're not gonna give me 3rd Gear Luffy are you?
Alvida - ...
Alvida - REALLY I HATE THIS GAME!
I understand the feeling, I'm probably the only one here that doesn't have at least a shanks or ace.. and before today the best I got at the gotcha were 3 star shit with 2 fire Pearl.. then today i pulled balloon luffy at the first try.. I guess I used all my luck for this month

desverger

Sorry to hear about your pulls, but you have a 5* Ace. I'd strongly recommend not re-rolling, but it depends on how serious you are to obtain Third Gear Luffy. There will be other chances, and you can regain your spent/lost Rainbow Gems with time. You just have to be patient.

I know that feeling after "wasting" your recruits, though. Treasure Cruise isn't the only gatcha-game I play, so I've grown quite accustomed to the despair.

Yeah, gladly I didn't spend any money yet. Kinda wish I'd just saved up my gems on the main account tbh, since I didn't get anything useful and the gacha is so awful. I'm still using fodder units in my party, and I guess it's gonna stay that way for a while.

I'm gonna try and reroll on a second device for a while today, not gonna be unreasonable and thrash my main account.

This game doesn't have a lot of units, so it's kind of given that the gacha has to suck. Kinda like in Chain Chronicle, lol.

desverger

So Mr. Prince Sanji is really not bad.
2.5x with 2 perfects is actually almost equal to most 2.5x leader.

True, you can build a mixed team and get a 2.5X multiplier if you are good at getting perfects. Still, something like a 5* Ace would be better if you don't mind rolling with a pure QCK team.

Majukun

so.. about Gear third luffy... after i got the third perfect I get the at boost even if I don't make perfects in the next three? or I have to keep getting perfects to maintain it? also, I suppose the perfect must be made one after the other or 3 in all the turn?

Majukun

Worse than 5* Ace for sure, but not too bad if you don't have him and are good at getting perfects.
The added benefit is that you are not forced to use just one element, while with ace, zeff, shanks and co. you have to stick with a specific type of team

@chrono: Ok, thanks! I'll report back once I try the combo.

so.. about Gear third luffy... after i got the third perfect I get the at boost even if I don't make perfects in the next three? or I have to keep getting perfects to maintain it? also, I suppose the perfect must be made one after the other or 3 in all the turn?

Once you get three perfects in a row all the remaining units get a x12.25 ATK boost.

With G = Great or worse and P = Perfect,

P P P -> remaining 3 get boosted
G P P P -> remaining 2 get boosted
P G P P P -> remaining 1 gets boosted

With every other combination nobody will get a boost. He's a very dangerous Captain, a split second could make or break the battle.

Om3ga

what's better for a shanks team, God usopp or the v2 usopp? got it on my other account
Depends on what you're going for. If you are going for one turn kill V2 Usopp is the way to go. For most other situations Hammer God Usopp will be your choice. There are bosses that can 1 shot you at 25% health. These are the bosses where V2 Usopp would be great. Also there are bosses who can de-buff the turn delay. Both have their usefullness. Once you have a PSY burst team V2 Usopp will be your go to character.

Basically i've got the same Team as his Dual Zeff Team, only that my Chars are not evolved :/

You think it's enough ? I just can't find any red Pirate Penguin.
I lost badly with a simlar team (low level...). I wouldn't waste 30 stamina to try. Level and or evolve your characters then give it a shot. You have 2 weeks to finish it.

Which Sanji should I level up? Diable Sanji or Mr. Prince ? I am conflicted GAF. Halp.
Diable Sanji has better health, recovery, max damage and is good for clearing high defense mobs. Mr. Prince makes a decent captain (2.5x attack with 2 or more perfects) for any team and his super is pretty strong (20x his attack), but I'd say Diable is the more useful of the 2. If you don't have a strong captain you can use Mr. Prince.

So this just happened. Overall i spent 11 Euro on 13 gems. The 12 for 9 would have been better but it's ok.

Now I'm waiting for laboon or vivi. They should be out before mihawk right?
That persistance! Grats on V2 Nami and Luffy.

chrono01

@chrono: Ok, thanks! I'll report back once I try the combo.
Not a problem.

Best of luck in there.

I've been reading up on future units and I really...really want Rayleigh.

Captain Effect:

Multiply Combo-Rate by 4x [If you hit a "MISS", you break your combo and the Cpt. Effect shuts down]

That means, at the end of your six attacks [assuming you hit at least "Good"] you're hitting for 24x. With another Rayleigh? Yeah, you've already won the battle.

I'm going to save up whatever I can for him.

Rurunaki

Since you just started, what units did you get? I would suggest rerolling if you don't have the top tier units especially with the boosted chance of getting the strawhats v2.o

Ballon/3rd Gear Luffy
Fine Tempo/Happiness Punch Nami
Wolf flow/Lion Song Zoro
Ace
Shanks

Any of those would be a good starting point.

Rurunaki

I just went with double Asura Zoro team

Hachi
Smoker
Zeff
God Ussop

Just use your specials when you reach Butchi. Then build it up again for the crabs next round.

chrono01

Since you just started, what units did you get? I would suggest rerolling if you don't have the top tier units especially with the boosted chance of getting the strawhats v2.o

Ballon/3rd Gear Luffy
Wolf flow/Lion Song Zoro
Ace
Shanks

Agreed.

Also add Nico Robin to that list.

Tidd

Captain Effect:

Multiply Combo-Rate by 4x [If you hit a "MISS", you break your combo and the Cpt. Effect shuts down]

That means, at the end of your six attacks [assuming you hit at least "Good"] you're hitting for 24x. With another Rayleigh? Yeah, you've already won the battle.

I'm going to save up whatever I can for him.

WAIT? YOU DON'T NEED A PERFECT? Just an ongoing combo is enough? Wow. That's pretty OP. A multiplier of 576... + the fitting orb that would be over 1000!!! Holy shit.

ah_hia

Depends on what you're going for. If you are going for one turn kill V2 Usopp is the way to go. For most other situations Hammer God Usopp will be your choice. There are bosses that can 1 shot you at 25% health. These are the bosses where V2 Usopp would be great. Also there are bosses who can de-buff the turn delay. Both have their usefullness. Once you have a PSY burst team V2 Usopp will be your go to character.

I lost badly with a simlar team (low level...). I wouldn't waste 30 stamina to try. Level and or evolve your characters then give it a shot. You have 2 weeks to finish it.

Diable Sanji has better health, recovery, max damage and is good for clearing high defense mobs. Mr. Prince makes a decent captain (2.5x attack with 2 or more perfects) for any team and his super is pretty strong (20x his attack), but I'd say Diable is the more useful of the 2. If you don't have a strong captain you can use Mr. Prince.

That persistance! Grats on V2 Nami and Luffy.

Out of Curiosity Om3ga, did you manage to finish the 30 stamina yet? We have almost the same team composition but my double zeff got trashed when I tried.
Thanks for suggesting Diable. Will focus on him after evolving Mr. Prince as it is only 35.

chrono01

WAIT? YOU DON'T NEED A PERFECT? Just an ongoing combo is enough? Wow. That's pretty OP. A multiplier of 576... + the fitting orb that would be over 1000!!! Holy shit.
Yeah, as long as you keep the combo going that's all that's required. I know, insane.

Unless, the combo caps at 4x [16x when paired with a Rayleigh friend]. That might make more sense. Still, a 16x attack with EVERY member of your team from the start of a round is still incredible.

ah_hia

I just went with double Asura Zoro team

Hachi
Smoker
Zeff
God Ussop

Just use your specials when you reach Butchi. Then build it up again for the crabs next round.
Can you tell us their levels if possible. I have those but not feeling brave enough to risk 30 stamina.

RalchAC

Edit: Korialstrasz has the good numbers (multiplier) so give it a look! My maths suck a little :p

It says "multiply" combo rate by 4x.

I don't think it works that way.

It probably means that instead of getting an extra x0.3 damage for each perfect and an extra x0.1 bonus you'll get an x1.2 (Perfects) or x0.4 (Great).

With 2 Rayleighs it'd be x4.8 and x1.6.

So if you do things perfectly you'll something like a x24 bonus damage on the last character you use to attack.

@chrono: Rayleigh is OP but I don't think he's that OP lol x24 with one Rayleigh means x576 with a double Rayleigh. o_O

This is my own understanding of his ability, so not sure if correct. The combo rate is 0.3 when you hit PERFECT and 0.1 when you hit Great (nothing for the rest). Assuming all perfects:

Code:
Captain    | Default | 1x Rayleigh | 2x Rayleigh
------------------------------------------------
Combo Rate | 0.3     | 1.2         |  4.8
1st P      | x1.3    | x2.2        | x5.8
2nd P      | x1.6    | x3.4        | x10.6
3rd P      | x1.9    | x4.6        | x15.4
4th P      | x2.2    | x5.8        | x20.2
5th P      | x2.5    | x7          | x26

That'd still hit VERY hard. Scary ability.

chrono01

It says "multiply" combo rate by 4x.

I don't think it works that way.

It probably means that instead of getting an extra x0.3 damage for each perfect and an extra x0.1 bonus you'll get an x1.2 (Perfects) or x0.4 (Great).

With 2 Rayleighs it'd be x4.8 and x1.6.

So if you do things perfectly you'll something like a x24 bonus damage on the last character you use to attack.

@chrono: Rayleigh is OP but I don't think he's that OP lol x24 with one Rayleigh means x576 with a double Rayleigh. o_O

This is my own understanding of his ability, so not sure if correct. The combo rate is 0.3 when you hit PERFECT and 0.1 when you hit Great (nothing for the rest). Assuming all perfects:

Code:

Haha, this definitely makes more sense. Thanks for clearing it up/doing the math.

I'm still looking forward to trying for him
and failing greatly

Majukun

Out of Curiosity Om3ga, did you manage to finish the 30 stamina yet? We have almost the same team composition but my double zeff got trashed when I tried.
Thanks for suggesting Diable. Will focus on him after evolving Mr. Prince as it is only 35.
I almost completed it (needed another damn turn) with a double zeff team with g2 luffy, diable sanji, God usopp and kuro obi.
the point is being good level. enough to defeat buchi before he attacks.. on the mob with 2 high defense crossbow skull guy just use sanji.. with the team you should be able to take both of them in 2 turns each but while suffering from the other guys attack... with sanji you just destroy them all
then you use usopp on kuro and try to deal. as much damage as possible

Om3ga

I got trashed as well with a double zeff team, but it was more because the team was low leveled and I wasn't used to the timing since the team was new to me. I'll practice with them in the 0 stamina island a bit more. I'm going to try our, "shitty" non gatcha team and see how well I do. I know that team like the back of my hand. I went through Elite like it was nothing, but I can see having trouble with Kuro Expert.

I'll update and or PM you if I beat it. Beating Expert only nets you 1 gem, so if you don't want to waste stamina just stick to elite.

Majukun

I got trashed as well with a double zeff team, but it was more because the team was low leveled and I wasn't used to the timing since the team was new to me. I'll practice with them in the 0 stamina island a bit more. I'm going to try our, "shitty" non gatcha team and see how well I do. I know that team like the back of my hand. I went through Elite like it was nothing, but I can see having trouble with Kuro Expert.

I'll update and or PM you if I beat it. Beating Expert only nets you 1 gem, so if you don't want to waste stamina just stick to elite.
wasn't the bonus for all the stages 5 fruits last time? maybe I just have a shitty memory

Tidd

Code:

THAT makes more sense. Thanks for doing the math. :p Still OP.

Om3ga

wasn't the bonus for all the stages 5 fruits last time? maybe I just have a shitty memory
N30RYU posted a screenshot of him winning. It was only 1 gem in that pic. It was also only 1 for Alvida. I think Buggy was 5. Hoped it would be more for expert since I spent most of my gems!

tadabola

Oh well this game hates me.

Tried again (now 11 gems left, have to save for mihawk) and got MY THIRD MISS VALENTINE.

5 pulls, not even mr prince for me. not the types I use, not rare and all of them farmable in the future...

tadabola

My last try before I went insane

Well, at least it was a mugiwara v2

Hammer usop. not that bad right? I don't know....

I have the recent pulled vivi and mr 2 (unevolved). can I make an yellow team with those? the others yellow are gaimon, mohji and coby (and god usopp)

Now at least I have ONE character that is rare pull only. And I should be the one who most tried the rare recruit in here.

Alright managed to beat Expert Kuro, but it was a boring 40-minutes-long fight. Definitely NOT doing it again. Here's the team I used if anyone wants to suffer for one gem:

LY831VH.png

Any non-blue mob was a nightmare, I had to hit perfect or I'd be doing crab-like damage. The most dangerous stage was the first one, the 3 red mobs took forever to kill. For the mini-boss stage I used Usopp's delay and beat Siam during those 4 turns. Butchie's fight afterwards took about 25 minutes by itself. This guy deals 5004 damage and has a turn cooldown of 4, so make sure your Vivi can heal that much. Kuro itself was a joke, he deals 1800 damage every turn while my Vivi heals 1500 HP, the rest can be restored via meat/usopp.

Nibel

Ballon/3rd Gear Luffy
Wolf flow/Lion Song Zoro
Ace
Shanks

Uhm, Ms. Wednesday lol

But I am already at P-level 15 ;_;

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Was waiting for the v2 Straw Hats with 20 gems, 4 pulls, all shit or doubles. 2 standard Nami (why), Standard Ussop V2 (I have GOD), 108 Pound Zoro I already have.

That might be the burn out I needed to get clean.

tadabola

do you guys think I have a shot in expert kuro with Double arlong?

my team is

arlong lv 36
asura zoro lv 27
kuro thousand plans lv 26

and I also have :

evolved buggy 27
evolved tashigi 25
golden pound usopp 24
and just got a vivi (she is slasher?) lv 5

Low levels, but some of the best slashers units, right?

I really wanted an shishi sonson zoro or a shanks

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm able to reliably farm Expert Kuro now. I feel cool, but farming the Elite one is a better use of time. You get more mats and the same amount of experience for the stamina consumed.

Also to above, nope.

tadabola

I'm able to reliably farm Expert Kuro now. I feel cool, but farming the Elite one is a better use of time. You get more mats and the same amount of experience for the stamina consumed.

Also to above, nope.

what is the main problem with my team? the lv ? used all my turtles on my arlong and got him to 46 (with no sucess - yes this game hates me)

I really only have those units, luck didnt smiled at me.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
what is the main problem with my team? the lv ? used all my turtles on my arlong and got him to 46 (with no sucess - yes this game hates me)

I really only have those units, luck didnt smiled at me.
Everything has a bunch of HP and you don't have enough health to make it through the whole thing without dying at least once or twice. Especially to Kuro dealing 2k every turn.

Give it a shot though!

Om3ga

So I tried again just for you. All I needed to win was 1 damn meat! Literally 1 turn left. Almost 20 turns and only 2 meat drops from stage 4. I took some heavy damage early due to lag and missing and wasnt able to recover from it due to no meat drops, but I think I did well considering Kuro only hit me twice.

If you want to attempt with that team I'd suggest bringing around lvl 30 Princess Vivi as a friend or not doing it. Maybe it was just an unlucky run, or the fact that I subbed in G3 Luffy instead just to try him. It was still 30 stamina wasted. I'lI beat it with that team before the 2 weeks are up.

Pulled Brain Point Chopper, Miss Valentine and...Coby's evolved form. ;3;

I got 3 Ussops..an extra Zoro and Luffy too. I can't really put multiples on teams right? So what should I do with these? EXP fodder for the Same Character bonus boost then? I'm down to like 40 gems..dunno if I should bother spending more.

GAF, I'm curious on your thoughts on this.

I have spent $100. That means 150 gems and I had 40 to start. With only 3 tries left, I got balloon Luffy finally (I now have 17 gems).

... I had money to spend. I wish I had gotten him earlier, but that's OK. And you know what? I don't feel so bad. I'm not really a gambler- when I go to casinos, I set aside 'X' amount of money that I'm actually prepared to lose. But here, I did not do that contrary to my common sense and better instincts. I spent $60 last night and just woke up to put in another $40. That means I've put almost twice as much into this game as a mobile game. Yet now that I got this drop, I feel a lot better last night. Last night, I felt super guilty that I put in $60 without getting the drop I wanted.

I'm holding onto these gems until Mihawk, then until Whitebeard. I'm nervous when Whitebeard comes I'll want to spend money again (not that I can't afford it, but I'm not exactly rich here, either).

I guess what I'm trying to say is... I regret spending money on this in the first place, but I don't regret continuing to spend money until I got the result I wanted.

tadabola

I bought 30 fruits, do not regret.

but it was not cheap. I'm not spending any more soon, I hope (maybe if I'm against mihawk and run out near completion)

but man, this should be really lucrative for them... maybe they can get even more generous from now on.

Top Bottom