• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

bjork

It's getting harder to find this thread because there's so many bloodborne threads. Ridiculous, I tell you!

:bookmarks this page:

It's getting harder to find this thread because there's so many bloodborne threads. Ridiculous, I tell you!

Can't really blame them, the hype for Bloodborne is real.

On topic, how hard do you guys think the Laboon farm is going to be? compared to something like Zeff.

Majukun

Can't really blame them, the hype for Bloodborne is real.

On topic, how hard do you guys think the Laboon farm is going to be? compared to something like Zeff.
depends if it's bronze or silver.. of it's bronze it will be kinda easy.. of it's silver like zeff... it will be even worse since it will probably need more stamina than baratie chapter 3

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

You should just subscribe the thread - so you can directly check if there is a new post.

depends if it's bronze or silver.. of it's bronze it will be kinda easy.. of it's silver like zeff... it will be even worse since it will probably need more stamina than baratie chapter 3

10/12 stamina, Zeff-like drop rate (silver), a pain to kill (ton of HP + chains units + deals deadly damage).

There are actually some gold story units, farming them will be so much fun. >_<

Hisoka

was this confirmed in any way? I read many people saying that 5 skill books or 5 same character give you a better chance of level up the skill, but It never felt that way to me.. in fact even the 2x chance of getting a super success leveling up faded away without me noticing any increase in the number of successes I get compared to when the bonus was not active

I can confirm it, used 5 Sea Kings at once and got 3 special ups. There's also a vid on YouTube where one uses multiple Mihawks to special up.

Also, i joined this GAF-List now. Feel free to add me :)

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKDwk4MLpEY <- Special Up Mihawk, i think it was posted before, but i'm not sure.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It's a confirmation that it works, but is it a confirmation that it's more reliable than just doing singles?

I feel like you probably have the same odds PER skillbook, so all skillbooks in one go, is like multiple simultaneous chances, so it looks like it increases odds.

ah_hia

was this confirmed in any way? I read many people saying that 5 skill books or 5 same character give you a better chance of level up the skill, but It never felt that way to me.. in fact even the 2x chance of getting a super success leveling up faded away without me noticing any increase in the number of successes I get compared to when the bonus was not active

I had the same experience. Hence, 1 try at a time lol

@pelicansurf i highly doubt it will be multiple simultaneous chances, probably more like a slightly higher chance and only 1 chance at that. but a lot of people are saying go with 5 always, so...

bjork

You can beat him in 2-3 turns with a high level Gear 3rd Luffy team. All you need is some $$$$ for stamina refills.

Time to max out Luffy, then. Just need me a red pirate penguin...

I forgot I wanted to do the seahorse island today and used all my stamina on the last Loguetown level, for nothing but fodder drops. Ah well.

pelicansurf

Damn. I need more team slots, since I currently have an all Luffy G2 Red Team, a Zeff Fighter team, an Arlong Sword team, an Evolved Ace Blue Team, a Asura Zoro Green Team, and a G3 Luffy Strongest fighters team. I want to make a Nami all-purple team! Gawsh.

cw_sasuke

Damn. I need more team slots, since I currently have an all Luffy G2 Red Team, a Zeff Fighter team, an Arlong Sword team, an Evolved Ace Blue Team, a Asura Zoro Green Team, and a G3 Luffy Strongest fighters team. I want to make a Nami all-purple team! Gawsh.

I would drop the Luffy G2 team when you have G3 Luffy - doubt there is much that team can do that G3, Zeff or Arlong teams cant - a Towel Nami team though.

bjork

I wonder if anyone rolls with a shooter team. I mean, there's a boat specifically for it, but who is there?

Usopp
Evolved Mr. 5
... marines?

[kreig, chu, and nezumi, so it might as well just be a purple team!]

cw_sasuke

I wonder if anyone rolls with a shooter team. I mean, there's a boat specifically for it, but who is there?

Usopp
Evolved Mr. 5
... marines?

Well we are missing mayor Shooter Captains like Zephyr - so they wont be a thing for a while. And even then they will be more of a niche team.

bjork

Well we are missing mayor Shooter Captains like Zephyr - so they wont be a thing for a while. And even then they will be more of a niche team.

You know what seems unfair? That You can get to have Benn Beckman in your team at the beginning and he can't be pulled or used in any way. I would imagine we'll get the Red-Haired Pirates at some point, but they're not even in the JP one yet. Benn and Yasopp and Usopp, tearing ass on people.

pelicansurf

I would drop the Luffy G2 team when you have G3 Luffy - doubt there is much that team can do that G3, Zeff or Arlong teams cant - a Towel Nami team though.

Yeah, that's exactly the team I replaced for Happiness Punch Nami. I really like it so far.

What we need is a damn Striker team!

Woke up at 2 AM last night for turtle time. Worth it? Eh. But I did get 2 Elders out of my 6 runs, so that's nice (got a convenient level up for a stamina refresh).

Majukun

I had the same experience. Hence, 1 try at a time lol

@pelicansurf i highly doubt it will be multiple simultaneous chances, probably more like a slightly higher chance and only 1 chance at that. but a lot of people are saying go with 5 always, so...
Well since you can multiple level ups but not always all of them,it surely means that every skillbook has his own chance of get you a level up..otherwise you would got only one or all of them.
whenever you actually get an increase in chance by using 5 per time,that's another story and probably a myth..especially since we have no real mean to prove if it's true or false

qazqaNii

I will probably attempt expert Kuro today would like some opinions about the team I am planning of going with.

1. Asura Zoro Friend Captain
2. Asura Zoro Captain // or (non princess vivi?)
3. Smoker (3 Turn DMG Reduce)
4. Zeff?
5. Alvida (1 Turn 80% DMG Reduce)
6. GOD Ussopp

pelicansurf

Well since you can multiple level ups but not always all of them,it surely means that every skillbook has his own chance of get you a level up..otherwise you would got only one or all of them.
whenever you actually get an increase in chance by using 5 per time,that's another story and probably a myth..especially since we have no real mean to prove if it's true or false

Boom, nailed it.

Yesterday i tried to run a gear 3 team but i was unable to kill ekder turtles...had to resort to diable sanji...was that normal?

Yeah, they have a ridiculously high DEF attribute. You'll actually be able to do damage to him, albeit he has a butt-ton of life.

bjork

I will probably attempt expert Kuro today would like some opinions about the team I am planning of going with.

4. Zeff?
6. GOD Ussopp

What are the levels of the people you're bringing?

StMeph

That's ridiculous.. how did he get so much Mihawk? I'd be lucky to get 1.

Keep farming the level?

You know what seems unfair? That You can get to have Benn Beckman in your team at the beginning and he can't be pulled or used in any way. I would imagine we'll get the Red-Haired Pirates at some point, but they're not even in the JP one yet. Benn and Yasopp and Usopp, tearing ass on people.

...they're barely even in the manga yet.

Majukun

4. Zeff?
6. GOD Ussopp
Just go with pure damage with expert kuro..before the damage reducers charge you will probably be already dead since there is not really any enemy to stall on and charge specials and food is usually rare.
Just remember to concetrate on the fat cat dude when you get to them..the damage he does is insane,more than 2.5 hits of his companion,so it's better be sure to take him out before he attacks
Diable sanji can be usefuk if you are unlucky and you get the run with 2 crossbow skull guy..just use his special and they are gone

I used this team

Zeff x2
G2 luffy
Diable sanji
God usop
Kuro obi (but you can just use whatever powerful fighter you have)

qazqaNii

What are the levels of the people you're bringing?

1. Asura Zoro Friend Captain LVL 40
2. Asura Zoro Captain LVL 33 // or (non princess vivi? LVL 69)
3. Smoker (3 Turn DMG Reduce) LVL 39
4. Zeff? LVL 24
5. Alvida (1 Turn 80% DMG Reduce) LVL 28
6. GOD Ussopp LVL 30

I wonder if going with vivi would be safer against butchie.

Yesterday i tried to run a gear 3 team but i was unable to kill ekder turtles...had to resort to diable sanji...was that normal?

Yeah that was pretty disappointing, the elder's defense is pretty high. The only way I was able to kill the elder with a G3 team is by finishing my combo with a 4* Shanks (lvl MAX) + yellow orb. That's 110k+ damage so it probably has about 100k DEF.

bjork

...they're barely even in the manga yet.

So are about half of the supernovas.

1. Asura Zoro Friend Captain LVL 40
2. Asura Zoro Captain LVL 33 // or (non princess vivi? LVL 69)
3. Smoker (3 Turn DMG Reduce) LVL 39
4. Zeff? LVL 24
5. Alvida (1 Turn 80% DMG Reduce) LVL 28
6. GOD Ussopp LVL 30

I wonder if going with vivi would be safer against butchie.

I'd go with Zoro over Vivi for the HP boost so you could take more hits, I think? My Vivi isn't that high so I can't comment on how good she'd be in this situation.

qazqaNii

Just go with pure damage with expert kuro..before the damage reducers charge you will probably be already dead since there is not really any enemy to stall on and charge specials and food is usually rare.
Just remember to concetrate on the fat cat dude when you get to them..the damage he does is insane,more than 2.5 hits of his companion,so it's better be sure to take him out before he attacks
Diable sanji can be usefuk if you are unlucky and you get the run with 2 crossbow skull guy..just use his special and they are gone

I used this team

Zeff x2
G2 luffy
Diable sanji
God usop
Kuro obi (but you can just use whatever powerful fighter you have)

This looks really risky, did you manage to finish without dying? I mean this team would probably have 7k hp, and if Butchie is only at 1-2 turns whe would hit 5k and at kuro he could roll 1 turn and you would die next turn.

I'd go with Zoro over Vivi for the HP boost so you could take more hits, I think? My Vivi isn't that high so I can't comment on how good she'd be in this situation.
She has about 347 rcv at this point and she heals 3x so about 1k per turn.

Dual zoros gives me 17-18k hp.
1 Zoro with Vivi would then give me: 8808 hp, and I would heal 1k per turn. If butchie hits me for 5k I would heal 4k before his next attack, and at Kuro I got smokers 50% reduce so I would heal kuros attack 100% for 3 rounds.

Majukun

This looks really risky, did you manage to finish without dying? I mean this team would probably have 7k hp, and if Butchie is only at 1-2 turns whe would hit 5k and at kuro he could roll 1 turn and you would die next turn.

Barely,but i did it...butchie never has 2 turns on expert,or at least i never found him,it's usually 4 or 5.
With your team if you did the math correctly you can do it,but without atk enhancers it's gonna take you a while,they have tons of hp on expert

bjork

TShe has about 347 rcv at this point and she heals 3x so about 1k per turn.

Dual zoros gives me 17-18k hp.
1 Zoro with Vivi would then give me: 8808 hp, and I would heal 1k per turn. If butchie hits me for 5k I would heal 4k before his next attack, and at Kuro I got smokers 50% reduce so I would heal kuros attack 100% for 3 rounds.

It sounds feasible, only way to know for sure is to go for it?

qazqaNii

Barely,but i did it...butchie never has 2 turns on expert,or at least i never found him,it's usually 4 or 5.
With your team if you did the math correctly you can do it,but without atk enhancers it's gonna take you a while,they have tons of hp on expert

Does the fodders from stage 1-3 also have more hp and atk?

It sounds feasible, only way to know for sure is to go for it?

Yeah I think I will try it tommorow, grab a rainbow penguin and evolve Vivi into a princess and stick with this team for expert kuro:

Asura Zoro Friend
Princess Vivi
Smoker
Asura Zoro
Alvida
GOD Ussopp.

Thanks guys!

Majukun

Does the fodders from stage 1-3 also have more hp and atk?
Yep,that's why i said there aren't really enemies to stall on since all of them deal good damage and you need every hp for butchie...of course if you heal every turn you don't really have problems as long as you can at least kill a bunch per turn

qazqaNii

Yep,that's why i said there aren't really enemies to stall on since all of them deal good damage and you need every hp for butchie...of course if you heal every turn you don't really have problems as long as you can at least kill a bunch per turn

Ah I see, will probably get my Princess Vivi tommorow and make her heal 1500 per turn that way I should be able to facetank butchie with no issues. Thanks bro.

Xcution

Laboon/Vivi combo is good but that is not my fighting style and will take too long for me. I will go Luffy G3 and hope for the right orbs and timing.

KumaJG

G3 Luffy attack is wonky. Other than that I think I am ready for Mihawk. All I need is to do is level up my Arlong, Alvida and G2 as much as I can.

StMeph

Actually, I believe 70 is recommended for Vivi. But yes, you want Laboon as low as possible.

It's mainly about keeping your HP as low as possible so Vivi's auto-recovery is > 50% of your HP. Laboon's easy to keep low because his unevolved form has the same leader skill, and raising levels isn't worth much in ATK.

You want as much ATK as possible with as little HP as possible so that Vivi's leader skill is > 50% of your total HP pool, so the stronger her heal, the better units you can include. Lion Song Zoro doesn't mitigate enough damage for 40-stam Mihawk. It'll be Laboon to stall or glass cannon rush.

StMeph

My G3 Luffy team for Mihawk currently looks like:

G3 Luffy, Arlong, Alvida, Fire Pearl, and God Ussop

But I'm wondering if there's a better orb changer than Fire Pearl for this team. Or if I should include a different color to help clear the enemies before Mihawk?

Top Bottom