• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

bjork

A bit off-topic, but has anyone here imported One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, if so how does it compare to the second?

The advice I got was to skip 2 and play 3, but I don't know if that's just due to the story or if it plays dramatically different somehow. When it hits PSN here, I'm sure I'll pick it up, though.

chrono01

Finally got my yellow dragon and evolved Shanks. Luckily my last pull on the sugofest was a v2 Usopp so my PSY team is now ready to destroy whoever stands in it's way (looking at you Don Krieg):

Low-ish HP but the 1300+ recovery makes up for it, I guess.I can FINALLY start color matching turtles like everyone else does.
Insane.

Nicely done.

So say you upgrade a character with 2 skillbooks during one upgrade. Does anybody know if it's possible to get two skill-levels with that, or does it just increase your odds of getting one?

Debating because I have a bunch of Usopp skillbooks so when the event starts April 1st I'm not sure if it'll be better to use all five at once, or one at a time and count on the 'double chance' thing to help.

chrono01

So say you upgrade a character with 2 skillbooks during one upgrade. Does anybody know if it's possible to get two skill-levels with that, or does it just increase your odds of getting one?

Debating because I have a bunch of Usopp skillbooks so when the event starts April 1st I'm not sure if it'll be better to use all five at once, or one at a time and count on the 'double chance' thing to help.
Using one supposedly gives you a 5% chance to increase the skill, so by fusing five at once you increase your odds to improve the skill by 1 to 25% [or 50% with the double skill up event]. However, I think after you get that skill point, the chance resets to 5% x however many are remaining at the time in which the game gives you the skill-up. So if you got it after our third book in a five book fusion, the remaining "queued" two books would have a 10% chance to give you another skill up [or 20% during double rate].

I'm doubtful that the 50% [double rate] skill-up chance would apply to every one of the books, although you definitely can get more than one skill-up with a single 5x fusing.

Keep in-mind that I'm not entirely 100% sure of the prior information, this is mostly what I gathered/learned from second-hand reports.

ah_hia

I have 5 skillbooks at the moment. Soooooo conflicted whether to do it one at a time or 5 at once as my previous try with 5 Alvidas on double up day wasn't successful. Then again, I could've just gotten the other 50% :p

KumaJG

I don't know what you mean, that's how it always looked. Can you screenshot your stats pop-in? It might be a glitch with some units or resolutions.

Whoops

zEoWu3B.png

(can you please quote your screenshots)
I don't have that issue with Buggy so it's definitely not a unit-specific thing. It looks like the Android version uses the system's font so they probably didn't bother testing that feature on Lollipop. Try changing your tablet's font and see if it makes things better.

KumaJG

(can you please quote your screenshots)
I don't have that issue with Buggy so it's definitely not a unit-specific thing. It looks like the Android version uses the system's font so they probably didn't bother testing that feature on Lollipop. Try changing your tablet's font and see if it makes things better.

Change the font all it did was crash the game. *Shrugs* Oh well guess I have to deal with it.

Kyou

Had Jango show up for the first time in the event and managed to get both him and the fat cat.

Finally my Kuro pirates collection is complete

Xcution

Looks like these mofo turned off the drop switch on Kuro 15 stam ran it 6 times today and got nothing. I swear they modify rates daily.

Xcution

Man Raising a character level from 50 and up is a pain in the ass.

You have no idea. My Luffy G3 is at lvl 89ish and he took 5 elder turtles and went up like 2 levels. I was just aitting there like are you serious. 90 to max is going to be fun.

Man Raising a character level from 50 and up is a pain in the ass.

I'm not bothering, hah. 50 is actually my soft-cap right now. I'm just leveling up the entire team.

On an unrelated note, I just did over 400k damage in a single turn. That was absolutely fantastic.

Ferga

I get so many purple and yellow dragons that I don't need, I think i've sold at least 8 of them in the past fortnight

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Version 2.0, Arlong and Twin Cape coming - check the Notifications.

Looks like these mofo turned off the drop switch on Kuro 15 stam ran it 6 times today and got nothing. I swear they modify rates daily.
Same here... I knew I wasn't the only one, switch is or was off for these hours.

Rurunaki

You have no idea. My Luffy G3 is at lvl 89ish and he took 5 elder turtles and went up like 2 levels. I was just aitting there like are you serious. 90 to max is going to be fun.

The Beri cost to upgrade is killing me. Where are you getting the money for upgrades?

ah_hia

Wow. That is harsh. I think I will stop at 80 when that time comes

ah_hia

The Beri cost to upgrade is killing me. Where are you getting the money for upgrades?

Past a certain point( lvl 35), you need to stop using fodders for levelling and use turtles and books exclusively. Unless you really are in a rush to level up, the time wasted earning coins as compared to exp is just not worth it.That's my opinion anyway.

I always try to keep two of each resource at least. And if I know for a fact that I'll be evolving someone soon, I'll get three of the resources needed so when I use them I'll still have two. Always prepared.

But man. I've had to sell so many purple dragons. I have had 2 yellows for a while, but they barely ever pop up in comparison.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I always try to keep two of each resource at least. And if I know for a fact that I'll be evolving someone soon, I'll get three of the resources needed so when I use them I'll still have two. Always prepared.

But man. I've had to sell so many purple dragons. I have had 2 yellows for a while, but they barely ever pop up in comparison.
I try to keep around 3 of each evolve material, if able.

Finally evolved my tank Zoro.

I'm coming for you Mihawk along with qazqaNii's vivi.

Congats. It's not a very big deal, but his 4* form is actually preferred over the 5* because of the much superior special. If you get a second 4* just MAX him and leave him there.

Ferga

Congats. It's not a very big deal, but his 4* form is actually preferred over the 5* because of the much superior special. If you get a second 4* just MAX him and leave him there.

I only plan to use him in the mihawk raid so it's alright

Not very efficient using him when Asura has way more attack when I run double luffy gear 3rd for everything else.

Majukun

Version 2.0, Arlong and Twin Cape coming - check the Notifications.

Same here... I knew I wasn't the only one, switch is or was off for these hours.
good, I need red turtles for arlong and Alvida in the luffy g3 team... plus i just evolved Arlong and will able to fed him with other Arlongs during the x2 lv up skill event.

only problem is, for the account on my phone I will need the apk since it's not compatible with my opo... anyone in the same situation? anything I should do before trying the update this way?

Xcution

Since the begining i used fodder only till like level 20 after that i just use books or big turtles. Fodder is only to make extra cash and is a huge waste of time/xp/money even at early games.

I sell all my fodder and ran weekend cash till 2 million. Just using med/big turtles and some books for leveling and selling sll fodder i am about 5 million. It is part of the game to make you feel like you need to ise fodder but it will hold you down hard. Also focus on one team for now and when that happens and you only use specific things to level as i daid above you wil find yourself not using beli and having a lot of it.

KumaJG

I use fodder to level 50. I usually color match my units so I can get the most exp. Only time I don't color match when I am trying to get to a certain level real quick.

N30RYU

Do they lower the turtle drop when the 1/2 STA event is on an island??? 8 tries on Longuetown 6 and not a single yellow turtle drop...

RalchAC

Got my Green Crab on the first try, now I have the EVO Smoker. But holy shit. Do I need to level him up to 99 in order to be able (in the future) to evolve him to his 5* form?

That's going to require some serious farming.
___

I'm starting to think about using only turtles for powering up. The Expert Event gives a bunch of them, and Mondays with turtle island will sure help. So I think the strategy is actually doable.

Nice to know the date of the Arlong event. Saving 3 Elder Turtles for him.

N30RYU

Leveled to Pirate lvl81, now I can attemp 8 runs on turtle islands since I have 60STA points... if I use 1 gem to refill or sync it with a level up...

First I have to do some beli farming this weekend, 'cause was really short on belli last week and had to sell ALL the baby turtles to make room for the bigger ones 'cause didn't have enough money to feed them to my Vivi or anyone...

Princess Vivi lvl66... closer to that lvl72 Mihawk goal...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Extra Islands being expanded in 2.0 might mean that we will be able to farm Pirate Penguins - this would be really nice. Lets hope for it and no more Logue Town farming.

So when can we expect Twin Cape, on Monday ?

Probably, but they didnt announce a date for Twin Capes and the 2.0 Update.
good, I need red turtles for arlong and Alvida in the luffy g3 team... plus i just evolved Arlong and will able to fed him with other Arlongs during the x2 lv up skill event.

only problem is, for the account on my phone I will need the apk since it's not compatible with my opo... anyone in the same situation? anything I should do before trying the update this way?

There is only one Android version so updating it via APK shouldnt be a problem.
Do they lower the turtle drop when the 1/2 STA event is on an island??? 8 tries on Longuetown 6 and not a single yellow turtle drop...

No,but the drops there are supposed to be rare.

bjork

Whoa, that team looks pretty great! Still holding out hope for a Shanks pull one day, maybe if they do a PSY rare recruit session.

I nabbed 3 rainbow penguins in 4 runs yesterday. It *almost* makes up for all the failed ship upgrade attempts. I'll consider it even if I can have similar luck with rainbow crabs on crab day.

[edit - pirate penguins are sure stingy today...]

3 rainbow crabs in 6 runs. So now I just need a bunch of pirate penguins... 2 reds, a green, 2 blues, and 2 purples. Sheesh.

Oooh new notifications. Arlong is after Kuro. You can get enraged Arlong skillbooks! That's pretty cool. Also Laboon coming, obviously.

It also says extra island will be 'expanded.' I dunno what they mean by that...

Rurunaki

Got my Green Crab on the first try, now I have the EVO Smoker. But holy shit. Do I need to level him up to 99 in order to be able (in the future) to evolve him to his 5* form?

That's going to require some serious farming.
___

I'm starting to think about using only turtles for powering up. The Expert Event gives a bunch of them, and Mondays with turtle island will sure help. So I think the strategy is actually doable.

Nice to know the date of the Arlong event. Saving 3 Elder Turtles for him.

I dont think 5* Smoker is even worth it.

bjork

I dont think 5* Smoker is even worth it.

I think I agree, unless you're filling out the character log.

Smoker 4* at lv99 and Smoker 5* at lv99 is a difference of 500 HP and 200 ATK, with an added 5% to his captain special's damage resistance. Considering how long it'll take to get a guy to 99 once, that's a hell of a grind to do it twice. But he does have a motorbike...

Top Bottom