• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

supergiz

I have:

lvl 50 upgraded ace
lvl 50 g2 luffy
lvl 50 prince sanji
lvl 50 asura zoro
lvl 70 kuro
max arm point chopper
lvl 50 iron mace alvida
lvl 40 smoker the white hunter
max chef zeff
lvl 45 upgraded tashigi
max golden pound usopp with upgraded special
lvl 40 shanks
lvl 40 upgraded buggy

Any suggestions for teams for mihawke with what I have?

Xcution

So...i have been trying to get a blue penguin to evolve my sanji since his death blow will take care of 6/7 mihawk. Maxed him out easily and now to get a pirtae penguin. After two full bars 140 stamina the light shines and gives me a freaking bag of gold.

Omg...that has not happened to me and i laughed at people when they posted it. Not funny bro, not funny...

So...i have been trying to get a blue penguin to evolve my sanji since his death blow will take care of 6/7 mihawk. Maxed him out easily and now to get a pirtae penguin. After two full bars 140 stamina the light shines and gives me a freaking bag of gold.

Omg...that has not happened to me and i laughed at people when they posted it. Not funny bro, not funny...

Ugh, I've been working on the same thing. Two full bars here too and nothing. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

chrono01

With the rate of Usopp ship failures, I'm really hoping that Namco Bandai incorporates some way to occasionally farm Cola. Given that they're currently a rare drop, and the fact that I've failed the last six [yes, SIX!] upgrade in a row [that's 42 wasted Cola], I can't imagine completing any of the ships outside of Going Merry. I truly envy those that have it max'd already. :/

BTW, Happy Birthday, Majukun!

ah_hia

I hope so, but what day of the week wil ot be? If not i can wait.
Either it will replace the standard penguin one or it will be shared with turtle Islands on Monday. I hope they out it on Monday as it sucks farming penguins.

Also, happy birthday majukun

Xcution

With the rate of Usopp ship failures, I'm really hoping that Namco Bandai incorporates some way to occasionally farm Cola. Given that they're currently a rare drop, and the fact that I've failed the last six [yes, SIX!] upgrade in a row [that's 42 wasted Cola], I can't imagine completing any of the ships outside of Going Merry. I truly envy those that have it max'd already. :/

BTW, Happy Birthday, Majukun!

Chrono i got you beat i am at 7 in a row for lvl 9. I did 2, 2 & 3. Nothing. This is BS ans lets not talk about the pirate penguins, i read your post i know you know the pain. Lol

chrono01

Chrono i got you beat i am at 7 in a row for lvl 9. I did 2, 2 & 3. Nothing. This is BS ans lets not talk about the pirate penguins, i read your post i know you know the pain. Lol
Ouch, you definitely have me beat. >_<

On the upside, I guess after Going Merry we really won't need any more Cola so we'll get a slight break from the despair, although I have a feeling the Thousand Sunny will be a great ship [once we get it]. I can't imagine myself ever trying to upgrade any of the other ships, though. It's heart-breaking. -_-

Xcution

Ouch, you definitely have me beat. >_<

On the upside, I guess after Going Merry we really won't need any more Cola so we'll get a slight break from the despair, although I have a feeling the Thousand Sunny will be a great ship [once we get it]. I can't imagine myself ever trying to upgrade any of the other ships, though. It's heart-breaking. -_-

Yea the pain and trying to get cola is just luck of the draw. I am going to save for 4 upgrades and do them jn a row. If it doesnt happen i will just start screaming lol.

Let me keep hunting for a blue pirate penguin for my sanji. Good news is that i have 30 blue med turtles for him to beef him up for mihawk :)

Xcution

Thought inwould do some math:

So...

70 stam(start) + 70 stam (gem) + 70stam (gem) + 70stam (i lvl'd refill) = 280 stam in one day

280 stam / 8 ( blue pirate penguin) = ~35 runs

35 = still no damn blue penguin...srsly. This makes me just want to delete this game :(

ah_hia

I only waste 1 stamina bar every day for pirate penguins.if they don't fall that day, try again tomorrow. Usually I wait for x2 drop Rate to do them as they can be a pain. I think my longest was 1 week of pure fail. Granted, I didn't force it like Xcution did.

chrono01

So...

70 stam(start) + 70 stam (gem) + 70stam (gem) + 70stam (i lvl'd refill) = 280 stam in one day

35 = still no damn blue penguin...srsly. This makes me just want to delete this game :(
Look on the positive. The game says that we'll be getting an expanded" Extra Island, which means the pirate penguins will likely get added to the penguin dailies. That'll make it A LOT easier to obtain. We should be getting it when the Arlong event begins.

...Hopefully.

Xcution

Look on the positive. The game says that we'll be getting an expanded" Extra Island, which means the pirate penguins will likely get added to the penguin dailies. That'll make it A LOT easier to obtain. We should be getting it when the Arlong event begins.

...Hopefully.

If this is true then i will wait. I mean srsly. These drop rates are insane.

Om3ga

So...

Should have waited until Monday if you're going to use gems. At least you have a higher chance of dropping it then. I need so many evolve mats I'm just waiting until the FP pull event. After that I'll decide what to farm.

I need so many evolve mats I'm just waiting until the FP pull event.

Speaking of which, do we know what this event entails yet? It says you can get higher level characters, too. So does that mean 200 FP will potentially be temporarily be the same as a Rare Recruit?
o.0

Om3ga

Speaking of which, do we know what this event entails yet? It says you can get higher level characters, too. So does that mean 200 FP will potentially be temporarily be the same as a Rare Recruit?
o.0
I doubt it. Probably just means we will get fodder characters at a higer level, possibly their evolved forms are included as well.

chrono01

I'm going to go all-in when Whitebeard is released. I'm sitting on 89 Rainbow Gems, and I'll easily have 100+ when he's made available.

I still won't manage to pull him, but it won't be for lack of trying!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm going to go all-in when Whitebeard is released. I'm sitting on 89 Rainbow Gems, and I'll easily have 100+ when he's made available.

You will pull him, your patience shall be rewarded with a Top Tier unit.

I will so give it a shot with whatever pull I have until then... Jozu and Whitebeard would be amazing.

It's fun working on specific teams but sooner or later you will want to have a unit like Whitebeard or Luffy where you can just drop in the strongest units and destroy enemies xD

chrono01

You will pull him, your patience shall be rewarded with a Top Tier unit.

I will so give it a shot with whatever pull I have until then... Jozu and Whitebeard would be amazing.

It's fun working on specific teams but sooner or later you will want to have a unit like Whitebeard or Luffy where you can just drop in the strongest units and destroy enemies xD
Haha, that's the hope! It'd be nice if they had a STR event going on at the same time, that way I'd have a nice chance of getting Gear Third Luffy while trying for Whitebeard. However, I know that won't happen. Probably.

But yeah, I really want a top-tier unit, not just for myself but for those on my Friend List. I've been using my Ace for way too long, although he should be useful for Arlong's event island. Still, a Whitebeard would make my choice to wait in pulling worth it. With 20 pulls, that should give me some pretty decent odds, although I've heard the 24h event exclusives are extremely rare.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Haha, that's the hope! It'd be nice if they had a STR event going on at the same time, that way I'd have a nice chance of getting Gear Third Luffy while trying for Whitebeard. However, I know that won't happen. Probably.

But yeah, I really want a top-tier unit, not just for myself but for those on my Friend List. I've been using my Ace for way too long, although he should be useful for Arlong's event island. Still, a Whitebeard would make my choice to wait in pulling worth it. With 20 pulls, that should give me some pretty decent odds, although I've heard the 24h event exclusives are extremely rare.

Yeah that sounds like the best approach, Whitebeard is arguably the strongest OP unit if used right. After that event we can start saving up again for the next months when Hancock drops.

I'm looking forward to the next weeks where I can use my Speed team again, between Arlong and Laboon farming I hope more Ace leaders will show up in my friendlist again. I'll be using him for that period for sure.

Actually that's what we're expecting to happen (if they don't rush the batch AGAIN) since apparently that's what they did in Japan. If that happens, even Whitebeard will get a rate up (he's STR) so you'll have a better chance at pulling both. Just don't come complaining if you pull too many Whitebeards. :p

chrono01

Yeah that sounds like the best approach, Whitebeard is arguably the strongest OP unit if used right. After that event we can start saving up again for the next months when Hancock drops.

I'm looking forward to the next weeks where I can use my Speed team again, between Arlong and Laboon farming I hope more Ace leaders will show up in my friendlist again. I'll be using him for that period for sure.
Ace, getting back in that spotlight for a brief moment.

I look forward to it!

Actually that's what we're expecting to happen (if they don't rush the batch AGAIN) since apparently that's what they did in Japan. If that happens, even Whitebeard will get a rate up (he's STR) so you'll have a better chance at pulling both. Don't come complaining though if you pull too many Whitebeards. :p
If what you're saying is true [I have no reason to doubt you!], you've just made me a very happy man. I'll definitely be dumping every single Rainbow Gem, in this case. If the batch is around a month away, that means at least another 30 Rainbow Gems [assuming they find reasons to keep giving us a free one per day], not counting the ones we'll get for completing the new story quests.

I can't wait.

Rurunaki

I too will be dumping Gems on the Whitebeard event. And Boa Hancock event. And the Supernovas. This game just appeals to the One Piece fan in me. I am, however, dreading the eventually that the Straw Hats v3 (2 year time skip) will outshine everyone.

Majukun

the drops have dried up almost totally in the last 24h...so today I'll probably just play enough to assure me a stamina refill tomorrow with the turtle time.
I'll probably have to spend gems to increase the storage too.. I want to keep the turtles for vivi's lv up since she is farmable from tuesday
the exp from turtle island was 1250 right?

tadabola

Is a veteran beli cave planned? 15 stamina for that is so bad... feel like I'm wasting when I could be trying farming usopp books... but at the same time it costs so much to level up when your characters are level 50...

I always feel like I'm doint the wrong thing

bjork

I'll probably put like $50 into the whitebeard event, but at some point I'm going to have to ditch the idea of filling out the character box completely. I'm only missing a few guys at this point, but two are pull-only already.

Today is just more skill book farming, I think. I would like to get Sogeking down to and use him in place of Usopp, if none of my Usopp books work. Options are a good thing.

Xcution

I got 40 bucks on white beard sitting in my bank account lol

RalchAC

I've got 2 Sogeking books when I was doing Kuro Expert. I having crap luck with those books, so I decided to go to the stage where I got more EXP, Turtles and Kuros. If I get like 7-10 books I may decide to evolve God Ussop for Sogeking.

But I'm not going to get 5 books in 3 days when I have got 3 on 11. So yeah.
_____

I've read the Arlong stage description (in the JP event, there is no info about the Global version yet) and it seems to say somewhere the 15 stage is harder than the 30 stamina one.

Is there a reason for that?

Xcution

I've got 2 Sogeking books when I was doing Kuro Expert. I having crap luck with those books, so I decided to go to the stage where I got more EXP, Turtles and Kuros. If I get like 7-10 books I may decide to evolve God Ussop for Sogeking.

_____

I've read the Arlong stage description (in the JP event, there is no info about the Global version yet) and it seems to say somewhere the 15 stage is harder than the 30 stamina one.

For Arling there are a few thing I can think of, why it is more "difficult":

1. The drops like books are wanted more by players and this is why make it harder. The 30 stam level will give more plvl which is not really what people go for, usually.

2. 15 stam will be ran more often since it only uses 15 stam. There will be more people running it so make it more difficult for a challenge (so people dont get bored) and make people use more gems...in a way.

3. I guess it is also about making it fun, there will have to be a spin like the current island so that you get something special in one and not the other, for example hammer books or usopp books/turtles/more kuro drops, etc.

Finally Smoker dropped after 83 runs. :D

You know that even if you MAX Sogeking's skill (not gonna happen with 7 books) his skill's cooldown will be just 15, right?

Expert is obviously harder than Elite. When the guide says "15 (the harder one)" it's referring to Elite instead of Veteran (both cost 15 stamina, Elite is harder). Expert Arlong is not gonna be easy, get ready to take ~7500 damage every 2 turns.

RalchAC

For Arling there are a few thing I can think of, why it is more "difficult":

1. The drops like books are wanted more by players and this is why make it harder. The 30 stam level will give more plvl which is not really what people go for, usually.

2. 15 stam will be ran more often since it only uses 15 stam. There will be more people running it so make it more difficult for a challenge (so people dont get bored) and make people use more gems...in a way.

3. I guess it is also about making it fun, there will have to be a spin like the current island so that you get something special in one and not the other, for example hammer books or usopp books/turtles/more kuro drops, etc.

I wasn't asking for the technichal reasons, but they've definitely been a worth read.

My question was more what was the reason THAT made it harder. Like a strong an attack that he doesn't use in the other stage, or a miniboss that doesn't exist.

The blogpost says that Expert Arlong deals 7000 damage every 2 turns while Elite deals 5000 damage every two turns or something like that.

Guess I'll discover it soon :p

A tip for anyone trying to get the most out of Turtle Time: If you hold your finger over the blue exp bar on the top left of the corner of the screen, it'll show you the remaining experience you need to make it to the next level. Ideally you want to level up after you finish the last turtle run your stamina will allow you, the third run for players with stamina below 60 and fourth for the lucky bastards with 60 and above. Therefore, <60 stamina people will want to stop playing tonight when you have between 3750 and 2500 stamina remaining and &#8805;60 stamina players will want to stop between 5000 and 3750 stamina remaining. Other than that you just need to make sure you don't use any stamina 7.5 hours or 10 hours before your turtle time depending on what PL you are so you can have a full stamina bar when you start.

Apparently the previously thought turtle time for some players was wrong and they just figured it out. I'm okay with this because up until a few minutes ago, I thought my turtle time was starting at 7AM tomorrow...

wbaqcVQ.jpg

RalchAC

A tip for anyone trying to get the most out of Turtle Time: If you hold your finger over the blue exp bar on the top left of the corner of the screen, it'll show you the remaining experience you need to make it to the next level. Ideally you want to level up after you finish the last turtle run your stamina will allow you, the third run for players with stamina below 60 and fourth for the lucky bastards with 60 and above. Therefore, <60 stamina people will want to stop playing tonight when you have between 3750 and 2500 stamina remaining and &#8805;60 stamina players will want to stop between 5000 and 3750 stamina remaining. Other than that you just need to make sure you don't use any stamina 7.5 hours or 10 hours before your turtle time depending on what PL you are so you can have a full stamina bar when you start.

Apparently the previously thought turtle time for some players was wrong and they just figured it out. I'm okay with this because up until a few minutes ago, I thought my turtle time was starting at 7AM tomorrow...

I think here in Spain we've just changed the hour to Summer time. Now I don't know when is that thing suppose to come out.

I wonder if those hour changes are really that usefu.

Xcution

I wasn't asking for the technichal reasons, but they've definitely been a worth read.

My question was more what was the reason THAT made it harder. Like a strong an attack that he doesn't use in the other stage, or a miniboss that doesn't exist.

The blogpost says that Expert Arlong deals 7000 damage every 2 turns while Elite deals 5000 damage every two turns or something like that.

Guess I'll discover it soon :p

Lol sry. Here is thought i was being helpful. Misread or mis-interpreted tour question. :(

Xcution

Does anyone know for sure if turtle time tomorrow is the same as last week or 2 hours earlier?

I took a screen shot of the times for tomorrow. PLEASE remember that daylight savings time is not taken into consideration therefor add +1 to your time zone.

Example i am EST. +3 hours from PST, +1 for DST = +4.

My 6th digit is 3. Per the picture below my time are: 1300/2300.

Top Bottom