• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Raxious

Well, looks like I'm selling all stocks from 13 and going all in for 5.

Same here - will give it one last go tomorrow.

Fine, I'll burn through my stamina in stage 5 once.

Yea, why waste 7 stamina if you can get it in the 5 stamina mission as well. Nothing indicates it has a higher drop chance.

Also, I think my slasher team is done for now. All I gotta do is start focusing on leveling.

Got to Arlong just now and defeated him on the first try with a pretty average team like this:

- Enraged Arlong (Captain)
- Enraged Arlong (Guest)
- Bazooka Luffy
- Zoro
- Buggy
- random slasher fodder

That dual Arlong bonus does pack a punch.

So yeah, I guess that's it. Current final boss done. When is the next arc coming? Guess all I can do now is the daily events. Need to evolve my Zoro and give Luffy another evolution. I've got a few gems to spend, but I'll wait until more characters are available as rare recruits. Want some more slashers, but doesn't look like that's coming soon. I'm not too picky though :)

kubus

Got it on stage 5.

My current team is this:

- Enraged Arlong ( lv. 20 )
- Pound Phoenix Zoro ( lv. 26 )
- Usopp ( lv. 20 )
- Kuro ( lv. 13 )
- Buggy ( lv. 7 )

Wow we nearly have the same team!

- Enraged Arlong (lv. 18)
- Roronoa Zoro (lv. max) (not enough beli to evolve yet, lol)
- Captain Kuro (lv. 18)
- Buggy (lv. 20)

What kind of advantage would Usopp bring to this kind of team?

Gogo_ZvC

Wow we nearly have the same team!

- Enraged Arlong (lv. 18)
- Roronoa Zoro (lv. max) (not enough beli to evolve yet, lol)
- Captain Kuro (lv. 18)
- Buggy (lv. 20)

What kind of advantage would Usopp bring to this kind of team?

Ability to delay enemy action for 1, 2, or 3 turns depending on his evolution type. Really crucial for Elite difficulty levels on the Special Island.

Really crucial for Elite difficulty levels on the Special Island.

From my experience, this is yet another game where a good offense is the best way to go. Usopp being "really crucial"? Meh. I'd pick a really powerful slasher, like another Arlong, over him. Maybe in the later Japanese arcs it's more necessary with Usopp, but for now it seems to be fine without him imo.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
From my experience, this is yet another game where a good offense is the best way to go. Usopp being "really crucial"? Meh. I'd pick a really powerful slasher, like another Arlong, over him. Maybe in the later Japanese arcs it's more necessary with Usopp, but for now it seems to be fine without him imo.

He is more or less essential for the tougher upcoming quests, unless you pay money and have luck to pull/run UBERteams for every dungeon. Giving you +3 turns to take out minions surrounding the boss will be important.

This is already one of the weaker Events, but even then we only have the 15 stamina version yet...once the 30 stamina versions show up, surviving will be a bit tougher xD

kubus

Interesting. I'm not very far in the Arlong island yet, but so far I haven't had much trouble at all. Enraged Arlong destroys everything. I can imagine that later arcs get a lot harder though... I'll keep Usopp in my crew box in case I need him later :)

He is more or less essential for the tougher upcoming quests, unless you pay money and have luck to pull/run UBERteams for every dungeon. Giving you +3 turns to take out minions surrounding the boss will be important.

This is already one of the weaker Events, but even then we only have the 15 stamina version yet...once the 30 stamina versions show up, surviving will be a bit tougher xD

30 stamina events? I guess I should've seen that coming ;b

I have a feeling this game will get very grinde-y/annoying after a while. I'm enjoying the game so far though.

What are the thoughts of having a healer on the team? Looks like both Sanji and Nami can heal. Oh and speaking of Nami, I forgot to say earlier, her standing stance in this game looks so silly.

Dandte

My strat for buggy Elite works pretty Well :D

With

Shanks
Nami
Usoop
Zoro
Yellow dragon
And friend vivi

Shanks and the hearts will you give you enough dmg and namis one turn block in combination with vivis recovery will make sure you will survive for sure.

Any other combinations? I only have 4 friends with vivis and one wasn't active for 2 days :s

Raxious

Interesting. I'm not very far in the Arlong island yet, but so far I haven't had much trouble at all. Enraged Arlong destroys everything. I can imagine that later arcs get a lot harder though... I'll keep Usopp in my crew box in case I need him later :)

Try the Buggy event on Advanced and you'll understand why ;)

The problem with your line of reasoning is that it seems like a lot of the Elite bosses, like the Buggy one (although that's not really too bad), have tank characters that aren't really affected by strong attack stats. The extra time that Ussop buys you can be an extreme life saver. I mean heck, here's my current team:

- Enraged Arlong (lv. 50)
- Tashigi (lv. 24)
- Roranoa Zoro -2nd Evo (lv. 35)
- Buggy - 2nd Evo (lv. 30)
- Usopp - Golden (lv. 27)

Even with my guys being pretty high level, I still almost lost to Buggy today. Would have if not for Usopp.

The problem with your line of reasoning is that it seems like a lot of the Elite bosses, like the Buggy one (although that's not really too bad), have tank characters that aren't really affected by strong attack stats. The extra time that Ussop buys you can be an extreme life saver. I mean heck, here's my current team:

- Enraged Arlong (lv. 50)
- Tashigi (lv. 24)
- Roranoa Zoro -2nd Evo (lv. 35)
- Buggy - 2nd Evo (lv. 30)
- Usopp - Golden (lv. 27)

Even with my guys being pretty high level, I still almost lost to Buggy today. Would have if not for Usopp.
Man, I love your Arlong.
My 35 Shanks won't cut it as leader, so I setup dual Arlong captains and slash Buggy up into putty.

Also, where's all the GAF Vivi at ?

Majukun

not making much progress here...still no zeff,and I'm still not able to safely farm arlong either

what do you guys do to level up easily?

chrono01

not making much progress here...still no zeff,and I'm still not able to safely farm arlong either

what do you guys do to level up easily?
Probably farming Elite Buggy, which I can't do since Zeff won't drop for me. ;_;

I'm going to be so behind in levels...

cw_sasuke

Man, I love your Arlong.
My 35 Shanks won't cut it as leader, so I setup dual Arlong captains and slash Buggy up into putty.

Also, where's all the GAF Vivi at ?
Probably also switched to other leaders for more ATK power... Or faster farming.

I'm going to be so behind in levels...
Your Ace is nearly level 50 I think.... I don't think you have to worry about that yet lol.

chrono01

Your Ace is nearly level 50 I think.... I don't think you have to worry about that yet lol.
Nope, only Level 43. :(

The frustration stems from the fact that this is the only way to reliably farm turtles now, to bolster our levels for future events. Without it, I'll be under-leveled for future events, which means I'll be behind in stats and unable to complete them.

Granted, there's still around 12 days left of the event, but given my luck so far it wouldn't surprise me if it took me longer to get Zeff. I just hope they incorporate the "Turtle Time" event(s) soon, so I at least have some way outside of this event [after it ends] to level my units.

cw_sasuke

The game is still fairly new, I don't expect a big difficulty increase anytime soon and as you said the event is going on for a while. We here on Gaf are already more of hardcore players compared to the general community and Bamco won't alienate new people coming in that soon by and instant power creep. At least that's what I hope.

Logue Town Story and Alvida/Cpt.Kuro Event Islands probably won't be much more difficult than the Buggy stage with the right setup.

It's too early to worry about stuff like this when they are still about to release exp Islands and giving us access to Pirate Penguins xD

chrono01

The game is still fairly new, I don't expect a big difficulty increase anytime soon and as you said the event is going on for a while. We here on Gaf are already more of hardcore players compared to the general community and Bamco won't alienate new people coming in that soon by and instant power creep. At least that's what I hope.

Logue Town Story and Alvida/Cpt.Kuro Event Islands probably won't be much more difficult than the Buggy stage with the right setup.

It's too early to worry about stuff like this when they are still about to release exp Islands and giving us access to Pirate Penguins xD
True enough. I won't give up the Zeff farming, but I'll try not to let is stress me too much.

Best of luck to you on your Kuro farming!

The frustration stems from the fact that this is the only way to reliably farm turtles now, to bolster our levels for future events. Without it, I'll be under-leveled for future events, which means I'll be behind in stats and unable to complete them.
The way the current content is balanced, seems like we don't "need" to level up hardcore to succesfully run them. (although we still are)

They'll probably open up that Turtle Island we keep hearing about once the raid events start.

cw_sasuke

Thanks, chrono ;-)

I am predicting that you will get Zeff in the next 19 hours, same for me with Kuro.

*believe

chrono01

The way the current content is balanced, seems like we don't "need" to level up hardcore to succesfully run them. (although we still are)

They'll probably open up that Turtle Island we keep hearing about once the raid events start.
That'd be nice.

Thanks, chrono ;-)

I am predicting that you will get Zeff in the next 19 hours, same for me with Kuro.

*believe
Haha, I like the sound of that.

/joins Team Believe

Limit

Seriously, who do I need to blow to get Zeff to drop?

At least I made some progress by getting a pair of dragons. Their 500 attack and HP is a nice stat boost for my team.

So, I've been farming Elder Turtles this afternoon, and now I'm up to four of them. I hope to get one more once my stamina recharges tonight, at which point I will merge them all into my Captain Buggy. With just 4 it's showing a 90,000 exp gain, so I'll be at 112,500 EXP once I get the 5th.

Oh man, if I get a Super Success on that....

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, I found out that if you're strong enough, you don't need Vivi; 6/7 is still harder than Buggy because you can screw yourself if you're going too fast.

Yeah, I found out that if you're strong enough, you don't need Vivi; 6/7 is still harder than Buggy because you can screw yourself if you're going too fast.

Yup, that tank guy on 6 can mess you up quickly if he starts with a 2. I have to pretty much get either perfect or greats for the next two turns, or he'll absolutely wreck my health bar. Used to one shot me, but I can barely survive it now.

Stider

I didn't realise this, but fusing characters with the same skill can also increase your skill lvl. Fused a 3* Buggy to my 4* and I got a skill increase as well.

Rurunaki

I have Sanji, Zoro, and Ussop ready to evolve.. Curse you crabs !! I will make sure to farm them to hell and back as soon as the clock hits midnight.

RiZ III

I just can't beat the extra buggy mission or the elite training mode. Got up to the 17th battle and them got destroyed. Also, what do I need to evolve zorro? I have the green penguin and golden seahorse but I'm missing something.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I just can't beat the extra buggy mission or the elite training mode. Got up to the 17th battle and them got destroyed. Also, what do I need to evolve zorro? I have the green penguin and golden seahorse but I'm missing something.

the green crab.

i have another question. im at the point to evolve my sanji, but looking at the requirements, theres only two slots. am i bound to that evolution path? if i get a blue crab, will it let me jump to the 3 item version?

Vecks

the green crab.

i have another question. im at the point to evolve my sanji, but looking at the requirements, theres only two slots. am i bound to that evolution path? if i get a blue crab, will it let me jump to the 3 item version?

You can scroll the window left and right to choose between the paths.

chrono01

YAAAAAAAAS finally evolved Zoro to Pound Phoenix and Ussop to God Ussop.
i9YgmIPzv0k88.gif

RalchAC

Man, I've already got a Red Crab for Luffy (I only need the Pirate Penguin now) and I've evolved my Sanji in its Crab form (the one that has a healing skill as special, but doesn't hit as hard).

Now I need a Green Crab that doesn't drop. Not even on the special crab stage.

I'm tempted to just evolve him to the other form and call it a day (especially because Pound Zoro needs like x2.5 the EXP of the other :p)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Man, I've already got a Red Crab for Luffy (I only need the Pirate Penguin now) and I've evolved my Sanji in its Crab form (the one that has a healing skill as special, but doesn't hit as hard).

Now I need a Green Crab that doesn't drop. Not even on the special crab stage.

I'm tempted to just evolve him to the other form and call it a day (especially because Pound Zoro needs like x2.5 the EXP of the other :p)

the green crab mocks me

RalchAC

the green crab mocks me

Man, one has just dropped, yeeeeeah!

Now one little question. Where would you usually go to farm experience? It doesn't have to be turtles (since I'll save those when characters are at a high level). I got plenty of them while I had plenty of story quests left but now that I'm at high-end (aka as farming-end) content I don't get as many as before.

Top Bottom