• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

chrono01

I'll have to remember to try and listen for it. I usually play on the bus/train/metro so I don't have the sound on at all.
You might not enjoy it like I do, but it sounds properly..."One Piece-ish" [if that makes sense]. It's definitely worth a listen to see.

Also, how do you play without sound? I use the sound/rhythm of the attacks to gauge when I should tap/attack. I can't imagine playing it without sound. I guess it can be something you can get used to.

RalchAC

You might not enjoy it like I do, but it sounds properly..."One Piece-ish" [if that makes sense]. It's definitely worth a listen to see.

Also, how do you play without sound? I use the sound/rhythm of the attacks to gauge when I should tap/attack. I can't imagine playing it without sound. I guess it can be something you can get used to.

I've tried playing without sound and it's impossible to me. I need it in order to tap properly. Normal characters aren't a problem, but stuff like Sanji and Arlong don't.

tadabola

the new golden cave is awesome

3700 exp for 20 stamina? great place to lvl up

didn't got that much more berry however. 60k on my first try (with nezumi dropping the bag)

edit

oh wait, its just when fullbody appears, if he not so its just 1200ish
the crab drops a big sack of money

desverger

Like you said, it's just something I've gotten used to. I mostly just play one team, so the timings are wired to my backbone :p

I actually have no idea how to time attacks based on sounds. I just watch the graphics.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
the new golden cave is awesome

3700 exp for 20 stamina? great place to lvl up

didn't got that much more berry however. 60k on my first try (with nezumi dropping the bag)

edit

oh wait, its just when fullbody appears, if he not so its just 1200ish
the crab drops a big sack of money
Yeah that happened to me at first only for 1200xp and less than 40k beli so I was surprised seeing your posts here. Tried the stage again and Fullbody appeared increasing xp and beli dropped quite a bit.

sasari

I got 65k which is 20k-35k more than the average run on rookie.

Let's calculate it for 60 stamina based on my experience with the gold cave:
Rookie 45k gold (that was more or less my highest average amount i got from it) and Veteran 65k gold (I only did 1 run so far so it could be better or worse)

For 60 stamina you can get 4 runs on rookie --> 4*45k = 180k and 4*500exp = 2000 exp
And for veteran it would be 3 runs --> 3*65k =195k and 3*1200 exp = 3600 exp

Based on that I would recommend the veteran cave.

I was always running the caves too but now I'm finding if the Arlong Park levels or above are on half stam (Arlong today) that they are preferable. Per run on final stage Arlong Park I'm getting about 10k beli a run and 730xp along with drop chance, been getting the occasional turtle there too, for 6 stamina

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I was always running the caves too but now I'm finding if the Arlong Park levels or above are on half stam (Arlong today) that they are preferable. Per run on final stage Arlong Park I'm getting about 10k beli a run and 730xp along with drop chance, been getting the occasional turtle there too, for 6 stamina

Your way is technically more efficient, but I like being able to acquire 66k in a couple of minutes at the cost of 20 stamina (15 before today). It's mega convenient.

bjork

Did 3 runs of the cave and Fullbody appeared each time. Is he the rare wave or something?

Still no Laboon, I did about 5 runs yesterday on Twin Cape 9. His special doesn't kill me there, heh.

tadabola

Did 3 runs of the cave and Fullbody appeared each time. Is he the rare wave or something?

Still no Laboon, I did about 5 runs yesterday on Twin Cape 9. His special doesn't kill me there, heh.

he is a pretty common rare boss, appeared 3 of the 4 times I did

Am I the only one loving the music from this game? I've had the Grand Line theme song stuck in my head all day. Actually, a lot of the music is pretty catchy.
I get the main theme stuck in my head all the time. The one at the menus, like when you're selecting a level. It's nuts. I hum it sometimes.

Unrelated. So I've used probably about 12000 FP points on these evolution things. Never gotten a single booster unit (i.e. turtle), but I've gotten one or more of every Pirate Penguin... except green. I have two characters that need green: Smoker, and Mihawk [soon]. Mihawk needs two pirate penguins and Smoker one, so a total of 3. So just my luck that's the one color that doesn't drop! I thought farming for one pirate penguin was bad enough, now I'ma need 3! Ugh!

Rurunaki

I get the main theme stuck in my head all the time. The one at the menus, like when you're selecting a level. It's nuts. I hum it sometimes.

Unrelated. So I've used probably about 12000 FP points on these evolution things. Never gotten a single booster unit (i.e. turtle), but I've gotten one or more of every Pirate Penguin... except green. I have two characters that need green: Smoker, and Mihawk [soon]. Mihawk needs two pirate penguins and Smoker one, so a total of 3. So just my luck that's the one color that doesn't drop! I thought farming for one pirate penguin was bad enough, now I'ma need 3! Ugh!

Desire sensor is real. You'll also probably hate me as I have 4 greenies (from trying to get Laboon).

Rurunaki

Axe Morgan GET! Now we wait for evolution for my almoat complete G3 Luffy Team.

G3 Luffy
Prison Morgan - Utility breaking chains
Alvida/Smoker - Utility damage reduction
Usopp - Utility turn delay
Hitter - Color depending on island

tadabola

Axe Morgan GET! Now we wait for evolution for my almoat complete G3 Luffy Team.

G3 Luffy
Prison Morgan - Utility breaking chains
Alvida/Smoker - Utility damage reduction
Usopp - Utility turn delay
Hitter - Color depending on island

the one who is givin me more trouble than I thought...
zeff I tried more in general, but this one is taking longer than I predicted

the only farmables I don't have so far are:
morgan
chew
kurobi
nezumi
momoh

and now

mr 9
laboon
ms wednesday (already have vivi thou - but for character log sake)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Anybody has the time for the upcoming Turtle Island for Monday yet?

l_72.jpg

http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/turtle-island-post.html

Majukun

so..what exactly is the condition to make the arlong skillbooks appear?
until now to get the "special" skillbooks all you had to do was hope they dropped from the "silver drop" enemies...but in arlong 30 stamina doesn't seem to be the case..i got a skillbook once and in the last runs i got nami's one even though they dropped out of both "big" guys and arlong's underlings

Just play the highest difficulty Arlong level.
until now to get the "special" skillbooks all you had to do was hope they dropped from the "silver drop" enemies...but in arlong 30 stamina doesn't seem to be the case..i got a skillbook once and in the last runs i got nami's one even though they dropped out of both "big" guys and arlong's underlings
To my knowledge you have a chance of getting one with every kill. I've never noticed them only dropping from a particular enemy type.

ah_hia

So...after 2 days of bad luck I wanted to add to it by hiring Usopp to upgrade my boat.

I went from have this...

Then i saw something i have never seen in my life, i went 3/3 upgrade. Did not fail once. I love you Usopp.

Dang. That was Fast. You've beaten me to it. One less thing thing for you to do =)

chrono01

I've only had two drops so far, and they've been from Arlong himself. I'm sure they drop from enemies too, I've just been unlucky.

On the positive, the red turtles seem to drop fairly often, which is nice.

So...after 2 days of bad luck I wanted to add to it by hiring Usopp to upgrade my boat.

I went from have this...

Then i saw something i have never seen in my life, i went 3/3 upgrade. Did not fail once. I love you Usopp.
Congrats man.

Usopp - redeemed.

chrono01

Do you guys run the 15 or 30 stamina Arlong island?
I'm running the 30 stamina version, for the Arlong skillbooks as well as increased XP. Also, I'm averaging two teenage turtles per run [the last two runs I had dropped two per], but then that could just be RNG. The odds of them dropping seem pretty good on Expert, though.

Majukun

I'm running the 30 stamina version, for the Arlong skillbooks as well as increased XP. Also, I'm averaging two teenage turtles per run [the last two runs I had dropped two per], but then that could just be RNG. The odds of them dropping seem pretty good on Expert, though.
It definitely is since my drops. at arlong 30 have been horrible thus far

Hisoka

Vivi GET! Now I can concentrate on Arlong Island. Won't bother farming for her partner til I need to complete the logbook.

Congrats! You have everything important on twin cape now! :D

One question: if i run laboom and vivi on mihawk, i can fit in arlong, mr5, red crap and red dragon. This is... Not bad at all i think. These are all red units, so i guess i can finish mihawk fast?(<1h?)

Dandte

The frustration when vivi makes a drop animation and you receive a bag of belli >.<!! btw whats the best place to farm vivi? currently i use stage 5 for the chance of a yellow crab.

Majukun

still no Laboon or vivi.. I will probably concentrate on vivi..i have to use all the elder turtles I got on her and free space before the next turtle time.. Otherwise I'll need to spend some gems...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So is there a limit that prevents you from choosing the same friend over and over again? because I can't find him anymore when I start a chapter.

sasari

Been levelling up my Lion Song ready for Mihawk, should have him maxed in time but using Arlong at the mo as Captain just to farm, will add my number to the spreadsheet, come join me Vivi-bros :)

Grinded Laboon a billion times before today. Saw the x2% drop and just felt it...

First try, with a level 5 Laboon. Best possible Laboon drop!

bjork

Tried to farm Laboon on a poop break at work. No dice! Today is the day, though. I'm waiting on laundry and have nothing else to do, so.

Top Bottom