• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
agwNuf1.jpg

I'm pretty OK with the overall levels of my squad. Next goal is bring up all the real players to level 55.

Coldphire

Neo Member
Focusing on 1 group is my problem as well. I didn't understand what to do in the beginning so I just leveled my favorite characters. Then I leveled a green team to beat Kuro plus a fighter team once I got Zeff. And now I'm leveling a blue team to beat Arlong plus my Gear 3 Luffy team. And now I have Arlong so I need to level him plus my other slashers.

Any of these would be good in most cases, but I keep jumping around so all are good or alright but none are awesome.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Focusing on 1 group is my problem as well. I didn't understand what to do in the beginning so I just leveled my favorite characters. Then I leveled a green team to beat Kuro plus a fighter team once I got Zeff. And now I'm leveling a blue team to beat Arlong plus my Gear 3 Luffy team. And now I have Arlong so I need to level him plus my other slashers.

Any of these would be good in most cases, but I keep jumping around so all are good or alright but none are awesome.
You don't need max characters at this point in the game. It's overkill and makes the game a bit boring since they'll always be your finisher. As long as your characters are over level 40, they're strong and you can finish with any of them based on the situation.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The game would be so much better if you could trade stuff with a friend.

It's frustrating as hell when you need one item and that shit just doesn't drop.

I mean it wouldn't be such a problem if you'd have more stamina to begin with...

I have over 30 stamina, that means I can do 3 crab rookie runs on the special island, after that the game basically tells me to fuck off and do something else.

StMeph

Only 10 skill books for Ussop, which resulted in 3 skill ups. Probably going to be a long time before seeing Kuro come back around, so he'll be at 12 for a while, I suppose.

qazqaNii

Thanks for that, I've shrunk them now.

I can't really beat any of the Elite extra islands, I also can't beat Smoker nor chapter 8 of Twin Cape without dying.

If you add me as a friend, I have Vivi out as a captain, it will allow you to tank arlong elite so you would have the following team:

Vivi Friend
Arlong Captain
Kuro
Zoro
Buggy
GOD Usopp

Make sure you have over 5k hp though.

chrono01

Got Laboon!!!!!!!!!!

I was dreading the farming so much today, especially since the stamina cost is so much higher now. Then what happens? He drops on my second try. Spent all that stamina yesterday too....

But who cares!!!! It's over!!!! NO MORE HITTING POOR LABOON!
Congrats!

Feels good, I know.

I am avoiding Laboon, I don't trust me luck lol.
You must do it eventually [maybe, depending on your team composition]. Do not put off the suffering, dive right in!

...Actually, maybe wait until we get another 0.5x stamina or, at least, 2x drop. That would likely lessen the pain somewhat.

Best of luck to you.

Also had this interesting stage show up ( Laboon 12 STA)

2015-04-02-22-00-18hqj39.png
Yeah, this happened to me too. It surprised me.

A bag of Beli dropped. ;_;

And another free gem and elder turtle :D I really love updates for this game
Seriously. I love that.

Majukun

very strange..on one of my account i make 15 stamina arlong and get good drops...on the other i made the same stages and get nothing...

I still don't understand what stage is more convenient..the 15's or the 30's one

chrono01

very strange..on one of my account i make 15 stamina arlong and get good drops...on the other i made the same stages and get nothing...

I still don't understand what stage is more convenient..the 15's or the 30's one
I'm going with the 30 version, simply for the Arlong skillbooks.

Ferga

After losing a 30 stamina run on Arlong a few days ago, I've become pretty damn good at hitting perfects now.

Concentrating so hard.

Limit

I still haven't gotten Arlong to drop but have 3 of his skillbooks. What the frick is going on here? Just drop you bathturd.

So after re-rolling a couple times to start, and foolishly letting an Alvida go, I've now ended up with a Smoker and Tashigi. I know Tashigi isn't too special, but I think that's a good starting roll. Thoughts?

tadabola

So after re-rolling a couple times to start, and foolishly letting an Alvida go, I've now ended up with a Smoker and Tashigi. I know Tashigi isn't too special, but I think that's a good starting roll. Thoughts?

not that good.

always go for the roll only, so ace/shanks/robin/any mugiwara v2 (ruffy balloon, ruffy gear 3rd, zoro wolf, zoro lions song, nami fine tempo, towel nami, usopp hammer/usopp dial and sanji mr prince or veal shot )

I regret not doing this... you end up with every dropable if you never give up, but those chars you only have few chances

chrono01

Yeah, if you're serious about re-rolling, you'll definitely want to try for one of the "gatcha-only" units.

So:

Ace
Shanks
Nico Robin
Straw Hats V2 [preferably, Balloon/Gear Third Luffy]

Xcution

Ok so this blue penguin needs to be its own boss cuz his drop rate is worst than zeff. Come on dude, between you and laboon i am about to take blood pressure meds soon.

Edit: omg posted this next run i get this....

And turned it into this...

One step closer to kicking some Mihawk butt!

Xcution

Congrats man. I gotta say I hate the timing on this guy's attacks. He's the biggest culprit of effed up perfects on my team.

Yea thanks man. You are not lying it took me two or three rounds to get him down.

I have been using Arlong since day one and i never miss with him. Sanji is weird but very similiar to Arling so all is well.

Now to max him and Alvida before Mihawk

I mean, if you're rerolling, Gear Third or bust, no?

not that good.

always go for the roll only, so ace/shanks/robin/any mugiwara v2 (ruffy balloon, ruffy gear 3rd, zoro wolf, zoro lions song, nami fine tempo, towel nami, usopp hammer/usopp dial and sanji mr prince or veal shot )

I regret not doing this... you end up with every dropable if you never give up, but those chars you only have few chances

Yeah, if you're serious about re-rolling, you'll definitely want to try for one of the "gatcha-only" units.

So:

Ace
Shanks
Nico Robin
Straw Hats V2 [preferably, Balloon/Gear Third Luffy]

Alright, thanks guys. I just checked the blogspot, and I guess some of the OP is a bit out of date. Back to rerolling.

chrono01

Ok so this blue penguin needs to be its own boss cuz his drop rate is worst than zeff. Come on dude, between you and laboon i am about to take blood pressure meds soon.

Edit: omg posted this next run i get this....

And turned it into this...

One step closer to kicking some Mihawk butt!
Victory!

Congrats.

Got a Miss Wednesday from my first run this 'session'. Finally done farming units from Twin Capes for now.
Very nice, congrats.

Back to Arlong/Turtle farming for you, I guess!

40 minutes later (Pell has the same ability as Laboon) ...

I'm sure it's impossible to do 40 STA Mihawk with Laboon in 45 minutes (like that JP guy said). It'll definitely take hours of tapping your phone like crazy!

chrono01

40 minutes later (Pell has the same ability as Laboon) ...

I'm sure it's impossible to do 40 STA Mihawk with Laboon in 45 minutes (like that JP guy said). It'll definitely take hours of tapping your phone like crazy!
Yeah, 45 minutes seems a bit insane. What was his group composition, though?

Personally I'm expecting a 2+ hour battle for my 40-stamina Mihawk...and I'm fine with that. I'll listen to some music or something while I do it. You know, to try to retain my sanity. >_<

Yeah, 45 minutes seems a bit insane. What was his group composition, though?

Personally I'm expecting a 2+ hour battle for my 40-stamina Mihawk...and I'm fine with that. I'll listen to some music or something while I do it. You know, to try to retain my sanity. >_<

He had 4 crabs and a 4* Vivi friend. Not happening in 45 minutes.

Tidd

Even if I have a Gear 3rd Luffy, I still want to try out the Vivi/Laboon combo against Mihawk.

Oh and we got a veteran gold cave. :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nice!

Do you know if we get a Rainbow Gem for completing it? Probably not, but it'd be nice.
I just got a Rainbow Gem for it... So yes.

But money wise I got less than on the easier difficulty lol.

desverger

That veteran gold cave was definitely nice. Got 63k gold from one run.

Those marines at wave 9 are burly, though!

Also finally hit Pirate level 46, so I can have a Gear 2 Luffy in my Zeff team. Next up on the evolve list is Sanji, I suppose - unless I want to use the V2 version.

Tidd

But money wise I got less than on the easier difficulty lol.

I got 65k which is 20k-35k more than the average run on rookie.

Let's calculate it for 60 stamina based on my experience with the gold cave:
Rookie 45k gold (that was more or less my highest average amount i got from it) and Veteran 65k gold (I only did 1 run so far so it could be better or worse)

For 60 stamina you can get 4 runs on rookie --> 4*45k = 180k and 4*500exp = 2000 exp
And for veteran it would be 3 runs --> 3*65k =195k and 3*1200 exp = 3600 exp

Based on that I would recommend the veteran cave.

chrono01

I don't know if I really need the Gold [since I'm now selling off any "fodder" I receive as it's just not worth the cost/XP ratio], but the nice amount of XP gained is tempting. But then, I get around 2250XP for clearing Expert Arlong, and I get a chance at red turtles, skillbooks, and cola.

At the very least, I'll run it once for the Rainbow Gem.

Edit: Oh wow, never mind. I just noticed that it only costs 20 stamina to run it.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to run it as much as I can over the weekend. It'll be nice to get my Pirate Level up a bit more, and you can't beat that stamina cost/XP ration. Oh, and the gold helps a bit too. I guess.

chrono01

Am I the only one loving the music from this game? I've had the Grand Line theme song stuck in my head all day. Actually, a lot of the music is pretty catchy.

desverger

Am I the only one loving the music from this game? I've had the Grand Line theme song stuck in my head all day. Actually, a lot of the music is pretty catchy.

I'll have to remember to try and listen for it. I usually play on the bus/train/metro so I don't have the sound on at all.

Top Bottom