• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Ferga

I'm cringing about wasting 3 hours worth of stamina so I can wake up at 3am tomorrow to level up from turtle time and reset the stamina so I can go on 8 turtle runs.

This game is ruining me.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Edward so soon? Hope I'll have more luck than with the Strawhats v2.

StMeph

Ugh. Was not expecting Whitebeards so soon... now I regret rolling so much on Strawhat V2s.

On another note, BWAAH

Laboon get.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Why the fuck can't they do rate ups like FF RK.
Gonna splurge everything for Whitebeard; going to quit if I don't get him since handling 4 iphone games is too much for me.

cw_sasuke

Why the fuck can't they do rate ups like FF RK.
Gonna splurge everything for Whitebeard; going to quit if I don't get him since handling 4 iphone games is too much for me.
And if you get Whitebeard handling 4 mobile games is fine? xD

Don't get the obsession that people can only play the game with the best and rarest unit in the game... There are a bunch of good units in the game it's not like you can't clear anything without Whitebeard.

And the game has rate up so I don't get the complain either. Coming from some one that only pulled shit during the initial Strawhats v2 event.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
And if you get Whitebeard handling 4 mobile games is fine? xD

Don't get the obsession that people can only play the game with the best and rarest unit in the game... There are a bunch of good units in the game it's not like you can't clear anything without Whitebeard.

And the game has rate up so I don't get the complain either. Coming from some one that only pulled shit during the initial Strawhats v2 event.
It's more of an interest thing; the other games are just simply better for me since they take way less time and deliver the same amount of entertainment at least.

cw_sasuke

It's more of an interest thing; the other games are just simply better for me since they take way less time and deliver the same amount of entertainment at least.
Guess you are done with the game, if it isn't fun or entertaining anymore. I don't think a rare unit drop will change that even if you say so. Considering how rare WB it seems like am excuse/justification to drop the title ;-)

Which is completely fine, time is limited and these mobile games can be quite the time waster. Seeing that you are also playing Record Keeper with its short stamina refresh rate, doubt you can play much more in addition to it regularly.

chrono01

Record Keeper is a lot of fun, but I'm finding the gatcha to be pretty horrible for me [at least, with my current luck]. Thankfully, all of the actual units are unlocked via gameplay/events, and armor can be strengthened thanks to the Synergy system, so it's not too bad.

Playing a multitude of these "gatcha" games can be demanding in time, though. I definitely agree on that. I've actually dropped a few [Monster Strike/Brave Frontier], although I still log in daily for the free items/log in bonus. I'm currently playing School Idol Festival, Record Keeper, Chain Chronicle [of which I'm beginning to get frustrated with, thanks to Gumi's incompetence] and Treasure Cruise, so it can be a lot. I also log into Puzzle & Dragons daily, but I don't put in the time I could if it were the only game of this style I played.

The problem [and, I guess, the benefit] is, the market for this genre of game is incredibly full at the moment so, if you're not particularly enjoying one, it can be easily replaced with another. I won't lie, if I don't pull Whitebeard with my 107 Rainbow Gems [I'll probably only limit myself to 100, as I want to save some for the Mihawk event] I'll be disappointed. Not enough to quit the game or anything, as I still find a lot of enjoyment in it, but it will definitely be difficult to overcome.

I'm just hoping my 20 recruits will be enough, but if not, life will go on.

Rurunaki

Thanks
so I have 61 stamina, my next lv up is 4819 points away... since turtle times gives 1250 every run, if I do nothing until then I should be able to level up and do 8 runs

right?

talking about whitebeard.. it boosts 3.5 when you are below 30% energy right? isn't that really risky?

High Risk = High Rewards

Having a high hp composition means that 30% mark can still survive a hit or 2.

cw_sasuke

Not as risky if you know how much the damage the enemies does and you pack in Smoker/Alvida/Golden Pound.

Once you are under 30% he destroys most things in his path anyway. And same as with Mihawk his active paired with a friend WB means dropping bosses HP by 50%. Nuts.

Only issue could be if you are under 30% and miss perfect hit and get accidentally healed above 30% again xD

Majukun

Not as risky if you know how much the damage the enemies does and you pack in Smoker/Alvida/Golden Pound.

Once you are under 30% he destroys most things in his path anyway. And same as with Mihawk his active paired with a friend WB means dropping bosses HP by 50%. Nuts.

Only issue could be if you are under 30% and miss perfect hit and get accidentally healed above 30% again xD
In that case he basically becomes g3 luffy... hmm... still have to decide if I wanna use gems trying to get him or wait for better events... surely i'll try with my second account and trying to get Marco.. since there i have shanks

cw_sasuke

In that case he basically becomes g3 luffy... hmm... still have to decide if I wanna use gems trying to get him or wait for better events... surely i'll try with my second account and trying to get Marco.. since there i have shanks

WIth G3 Luffy "only" the last 3 benefit from the boost - with Whitebeard its the whole team.

As Rurunaki, high risk and high reward - the same for G3 Luffy if you cant hit perfect or screw some up xD

I would be fine with any of the WB Pirates to be honest.

Majukun

WIth G3 Luffy "only" the last 3 benefit from the boost - with Whitebeard its the whole team.

As Rurunaki, high risk and high reward - the same for G3 Luffy if you cant hit perfect or screw some up xD

Oh that's right.. I have 68 gems... counting a couple to save if a screw up with mihawk.. 60 gems are 12 tries...
that being said since I used all my luck last time, 30 tries wouldn't be enough probably

Ugh why Namco, why! The batch wasn't supposed to be out before Monster Chopper.

I currently have 35 gems that I was saving for Mihawk, I don't wanna waste them on Coby's and Tabasco's but my PSY team really needs Marco. :(

Om3ga

It's sucks that we are getting a PSY rate up. The only characters worth pulling are Marco, Princess Vivi, and Shanks.

Does anyone know if the Sugofest rate up + the PSY rate up stack? If so this would be a really good time to try for Marco, but bad time for anything else. V2 Usopp is only 3/4* and he'd have a double rate up as well. With Gaimon, 3 Vivis , 5 Usopps, 2 Chopper, Mohji, and 2 Cobys.... all getting a rate up. Ugh.... I dunno if I would want to even attempt to pull.

I think most pulling for Whitebeard this event better think of a consolation prize! If I pull I've decided I only want Marco, or even Princess Vivi. Whitebeard is a bonus.

Rurunaki

The thing is, with g3 Luffy you're not really in danger of dying when you miss a perfect. G3 Luffy is more about being skilled.

Unlike with Whitebeard where you are basically on your last leg. Kill or be killed. Basically you're throwing haymakers left and right hoping your enemy won't have time to hit you.

Rurunaki

It's sucks that we are getting a PSY rate up. The only characters worth pulling are Marco, Princess Vivi, and Shanks.

Does anyone know if the Sugofest rate up + the PSY rate up stack? If so this would be a really good time to try for Marco, but bad time for anything else. V2 Usopp is only 3/4* and he'd have a double rate up as well. With Gaimon, 3 Vivis , 5 Usopps, 2 Chopper, Mohji, and 2 Cobys.... all getting a rate up. Ugh.... I dunno if I would want to even attempt to pull.

I think most pulling for Whitebeard this event better think of a consolation prize! If I pull I've decided I only want Marco, or even Princess Vivi. Whitebeard is a bonus.

I'll pull for the sake of Marco and Vista. Getting Whitebeard is not essential for me right now seeing as I still have to max out G3 Luffy and Arlong.

cw_sasuke

The thing is, with g3 Luffy you're not really in danger of dying when you miss a perfect. G3 Luffy is more about being skilled.

Unlike with Whitebeard where you are basically on your last leg. Kill or be killed. Basically you're throwing haymakers left and right hoping your enemy won't have time to hit you.

I dont think thats entirely true - just both leader require a different type of skill. With WB its important to know how hard the enemies hit and the amount of dmg is needed to get in the "zone" to active his LS.

If the enemy can still attack after you have a couple of rounds with WB you are playing him wrong - same for G3 Luffy, sure dmg output is high but if you screw ups your turns against Mihawk he will also kill you in a couple of turns.

Well and you are supposed Utility subs like Smoker/Alvida and Golden Pound to get the job done. But i can see why some would prefer less risky leaders xD

I'll pull for the sake of Marco and Vista. Getting Whitebeard is not essential for me right now seeing as I still have to max out G3 Luffy and Arlong.

WB is also an amazing sub - with his stats and active you can put him in any Force/General team if you can afford him.

Vista is amazing as well - well lets be honest most of the WB Pirates are nice.

Yeah PSY rate up stacks with the sugofest so there's a higher chance for Marco than anyone else in the batch.

And a reminder: Whitebeard isn't getting any kind of rate up, it's only recommended to pull if you are interested in other units. Pulling only for a sugo-exclusive will often end in disappointment, even after hundreds of dollars.

If you want a cure from impulse pulling, watch this guy try and pull Shanks on a PSY rate up and remember that whitebeard will have much lower rate than Shanks.

Nibel

Holy fuck, need Whitebeard and Luffy G3
p0QHO.gif

tadabola

how do you guys get so many gems??? I'm gonna spend again in the game and I already feel like an idiot.

I got laboon yesterday, should be happy but I'm feeling like ragequit this game again.

Was waiting for mihawk but now I'm gonna spend all my gems tomorrow and if I don't get at least 3 rare chars that I don't have , or at least 2 that I could use, like vista/shanks/shishisonson zoro since I ran slasher teams, or blamenco since I have some good red chars, or g3 ruffy/whitebeard for independent teams....

I don't know. I did spend time on this game, but nows it feels like an obligation. I have to "win" something to get back my excitment

cw_sasuke

If you want a cure from impulse pulling, watch this guy try and pull Shanks on a PSY rate up and remember that whitebeard will have much lower rate than Shanks.

Heh wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QmjZrHdEz28#t=227

Yeah, only pull if you can live with the disappointment. Otherwise just wait until there are even more worthwhile Units in the gacha.

how do you guys get so many gems??? I'm gonna spend again in the game and I already feel like an idiot.

I got laboon yesterday, should be happy but I'm feeling like ragequit this game again.

Was waiting for mihawk but now I'm gonna spend all my gems tomorrow and if I don't get at least 3 rare chars that I don't have , or at least 2 that I could use, like vista/shanks/shishisonson zoro since I ran slasher teams, or blamenco since I have some good red chars, or g3 ruffy/whitebeard for independent teams....

I don't know. I did spend time on this game, but nows it feels like an obligation. I have to "win" something to get back my excitment

youarealreadydead.gif

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm actually impressed by Namco-Bandai. They are keeping the content drip very steady. Dropping new content the minute things start to slow down even a tiny bit. Good for them... And us.

Majukun

do we know if the chance up for pay and sugo fest stack up? because Marco is both exclusive to the sugo fest and a psy character.
that being said, that video sure was disheartening... sure we have less units available now than the guy on the video... but that much pulls and no shanks and all in all probably 3,4 at best decent characters...
that being said, what else should we use 'gems' for?

I'll still probably try my luck on my second account, since i'm less invested in that.. but now I don't really know if I'll try on my first... probably i will wait to see how good other user's pull are, than decide

I have 68,mainly because after the first few tries I never used the gotcha again till the strawhats v2 events, where I got what I was looking for at the first try... so i ended up saving most of my gems

cw_sasuke

Marco isnt Sugofest exclusive - WB is the first sugo exclusive we get, his crew will still be obtainable after the 24 hours.

Majukun

Marco isnt Sugofest exclusive - WB is the first sugo exclusive we get, his crew will still be obtainable after the 24 hours.
Yeah but it's one of the units that will get a pull rate up together with the strawhats v2 and other members of the wb crew.
I was asking if the boost from the event and the one from the psy event stock up.. that would make pulling Marco more probable

cw_sasuke

Oh yeah there "stack" thats why Sanji was a quite popular pull when the v2 Strawhats were released xD

pelicansurf

Yeah but it's one of the units that will get a pull rate up together with the strawhats v2 and other members of the wb crew.
I was asking if the boost from the event and the one from the psy event stock up.. that would make pulling Marco more probable

His odds are 2x compared to the 1.5x that all the other sugofest + other heart characters have.

Majukun

His odds are 2x compared to the 1.5x that all the other sugofest + other heart characters have.
still really meh as a chance if that's the case.. that being said on my second account I only have usopp v2,so any of the other character would be a welcomed addiction

bjork

I might throw a pull or two at WB, but I don't think I'm gonna go nuts this time. Filling out my log is going to wind up relying entirely on rare recruits once I finish evolving dudes and whatnot, and I just don't know that I'm that worried about it now, heh.

I wouldn't mind a Marco or a Vista, but I don't know how the other characters fit into teams.

Ugh why Namco, why! The batch wasn't supposed to be out before Monster Chopper.

I currently have 35 gems that I was saving for Mihawk, I don't wanna waste them on Coby's and Tabasco's but my PSY team really needs Marco. :(

go on i'll give you some of my luck...as long as i get it back so i can pull a marco or a whitebeard...

Buggy is coming back. https://twitter.com/ONE_PIECE_TC/status/584965443296727041

Expert will probably have Gear 2 skillbooks.

go on i'll give you some of my luck...as long as i get it back so i can pull a marco or a whitebeard...

Dude last time you told me to pull (5* Ace hype) I spent 5 gems on a Gin. xD

So turtle time for me would be at 3pm right? My 6th ID digit is 3. I think I'm reading this chart right

Our turtle time starts in 30 minutes.

Edi:

pelicansurf

Did my turtle time successfully. Had 8 runs, 1st few were weak, but ended up getting 6 elders at the end, so not bad. I'm going to save most of them for sugofest tomorrow.

StMeph

Ran Turtles six times and Luffy went from 50 to... 61. This is going to be a really slow process. I don't know how you guys have multiple maxed characters.

I was able to time my rank up to get extra runs, but I was also basically out of time after 6. I'm not sure what I could be doing to clear faster, because as it is, even if I spend stones, I wouldn't be able to take advantage of additional attempts within the time limit.

Is the Marine Tandem group that effective?

Majukun

I was looking at the Japanese characters.. Basically killer is an opposite gear third luffy... you lose some power compared to g3 luffy, but it is much more reliable
also, wouldn't hachi be extremely effective against mihawk since you get half damage from him with it? also, what would happen with 2 hachi? 50% off and then 50% off the remain? basically 75% less damage?

bjork

Do you have to back out to the title screen to have the turtle island appear, or can you just check the app again and skip the login process?

Top Bottom