• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I only got 3 turtle time runs tonight. I was on a date, noticed turtle time was about to end, so smoothly called for the tab, walked her to the car and got 3 runs in on the walk back to my car. At least I got an elder turtle.

chrono01

I'm really not sure whether I should try for Whitebeard or not. It's not that I don't have the Rainbow Gems to do so, I'm just trying to decide whether it would be more wise to wait until more "SSS-Tier" units are released in the game [to lessen the possibilities of an unfavorable pull] or try now when the pool is less which, theoretically, will give you a better chance at Whitebeard. I do have quite a few units to focus on already, and it's not as though I'm rolling in XP fodder.

The thing is, we can't even evolve Whitebeard right now, due to the materials not being released in-game. Of course, that could change this week. Not only that, but his high cost means I wouldn't even be able to use him in a stable team anyway. However, if I did manage to obtain him, I could [at the very least] level him to prepare him for his evolution, when the time comes.

I really do wish it was just a straight Sugo-Fest [and not combined with an event, diluting the pool], but I doubt we'll ever get a Sugo-Fest on its own. If I'm after Whitebeard, and JUST Whitebeard, this could be my best chance. However, I do want Rayleigh, Boa Hancock, etc., and want to remain as "non-IAP" as possible, so choosing when to spend my Rainbow Gems is important to me.

Bleh, I might wait it out a bit, see what the results for those deciding to recruit, and then go from there. If people are getting a lot of useless PSY units, I'll probably hold off.

Limit

I'm not feeling whitebeard himself. His active is good but he has too much of a glass cannon leader skill. Plus, I don't want to be measuring exactly how much of a beating do I need to take before my leader skill gets activated every single time I enter a dungeon. Too much work.

Now Rayleigh on the other hand, that is a character dumping rainbow fruits for.

pelicansurf

I'm really not sure whether I should try for Whitebeard or not. It's not that I don't have the Rainbow Gems to do so, I'm just trying to decide whether it would be more wise to wait until more "SSS-Tier" units are released in the game [to lessen the possibilities of an unfavorable pull] or try now when the pool is less which, theoretically, will give you a better chance at Whitebeard. I do have quite a few units to focus on already, and it's not as though I'm rolling in XP fodder.

The thing is, we can't even evolve Whitebeard right now, due to the materials not being released in-game. Of course, that could change this week. Not only that, but his high cost means I wouldn't even be able to use him in a stable team anyway. However, if I did manage to obtain him, I could [at the very least] level him to prepare him for his evolution, when the time comes.

I really do wish it was just a straight Sugo-Fest [and not combined with an event, diluting the pool], but I doubt we'll ever get a Sugo-Fest on its own. If I'm after Whitebeard, and JUST Whitebeard, this could be my best chance. However, I do want Rayleigh, Boa Hancock, etc., and want to remain as "non-IAP" as possible, so choosing when to spend my Rainbow Gems is important to me.

Bleh, I might wait it out a bit, see what the results for those deciding to recruit, and then go from there. If people are getting a lot of useless PSY units, I'll probably hold off.
YOLO

Ferga

I've decided to spend all of my 65 free fruits tomorrow. RnG is never in my favour for these gatcha games but maybe just this once....?

For sure. Gotta wait for the rare recruit screen to show the Sugofest before going for it and assuming you're in the timezone!

Also, first time I made both turtle times! 4 elders, 11 teenage, 32 babies. I'm ready if I get a good drop!

chrono01

^ This.

Do it.
You're right.

I probably won't "YOLO", but I might designate a certain number to the pulls. Maybe...50 or so? That way I can save a few for future batches, while still giving myself a chance to get something out of this.

Of course, knowing me once I start I won't be able to stop...

How many hours til the Whitebeard crew are available?
It's supposed to go up at 7PM PST, so another 21 hours, 20 minutes.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If it was just Whitebeard I would agree... But now you can also pull Jozu, Marco, Vista, g3 Luffy etc.

Everyone of them would be a great addition for me - Whitebeard is the Jackpot, but I wouldn't drop Orbs to get just a specific unit... Chances are way too low.

I will probably skip the next fest and save up gems until Rayleigh hits the global version.

Rurunaki

If it was just Whitebeard I would agree... But now you can also pull Jozu, Marco, Vista, g3 Luffy etc.

Everyone of them would be a great addition for me - Whitebeard is the Jackpot, but I wouldn't drop Orbs to get just a specific unit... Chances are way too low.

I will probably skip the next fest and save up gems until Rayleigh hits the global version.

Chances for Marco is high.. I need him for Shanks/Garp crew..

v15Lgbp.gif

Copons

Well, waking up exactly 10 minutes after the turtle time ended is disappointing.

BUT! I'm super hyped for today fest, actually not for Whitebeard but for G3 Luffy and the all PSY thing going on as my only PSY has always been Usopp and I kinda don't know what the heck I'm supposed to do with my 40+ yellow fodder I've been stockpiling for Vivi, but will Vivi ever drop.

bjork

Second week in a row that I slept through my second turtle time. I tried, but I had been up like 20 hours by the time I went to bed.

Not sure what I want to try and work on this week. I don't need any evolution materials atm and I used my turtles from the first turtle time, so I guess I'll just pick a character and focus on leveling them, and then wait for 2x drop day again to try for Laboon.

Kyou

Got my second turtle time done. Got five runs in: 5x Elders, 6x Adult,14x Child

now what to do with them...

it's super tempting to dump them all into Princess Vivi...

RalchAC

Are the login bonuses so bad on the JP version? I mean, 500 gold and 200 FP when you've logged for >50 days is like totally worthless.

linkent

Too many Turtles no unit to level up :(
Still have 50 medium and small black turtles below.

I refuse to use these on different color.
Hopefully i could get some Int units tomorrow to use these, or get Rainbow Shell to undress Nami ;-)

Running out of space at 170 now.
This Ship upgrade really making me want to quit this game.
Everything can be done soon or later or by spending $.
But upgrading ship is like the game trying to fck us and making us quit.
Mihawk without using Gem with Luffy 2Gear pretty much require max level ship to kill on time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
My last 8 attempts on leveling Merry on LVL 9 failed...it sucks but then again the game is only 2 months old and once this ship is maxed you more or less have reached the endgame when it comes to Cola upgrades.

But the randomness is nuts - i saved up Cola for the last month to make sure to get it done until Mihawk, but just like that i had 4 failed attempts in a row. Sucks...but thats RNG for you.

Majukun

Is there a good Island to farm cola?

nope,they are totally random

basically if you are only searching for cola and nothing else,your best bet is the first chapter of the story mode since it uses little stamina and has as many chances as the other levels to drop one.

but you probbaly should try to get it as you do other things and not focus on collecting cola

linkent

I think farming 0.5sta on last stage of Arlong,Logue,Laboon has the best chance due to amount of stages.
Best Exp rate, many fodder for Beli and of coz Colas.
But all those colas are really worthless if they failed to level up all the time. It is so so disgusting to fail it everytime.
Level 7 and failed ~20x now.
I tried leveling it everytime i get enough = fail
I kept enough to do multiple upgrade = fail
This last one i tried it with 5x and = fail 5x in a row.
It fucking painful.

bjork

I think farming 0.5sta on last stage of Arlong,Logue,Laboon has the best chance due to amount of stages.
Best Exp rate, many fodder for Beli and of coz Colas.
But all those colas are really worthless if they failed to level up all the time. It is so so disgusting to fail it everytime.
Level 7 and failed ~20x now.
I tried leveling it everytime i get enough = fail
I kept enough to do multiple upgrade = fail
This last one i tried it with 5x and = fail 5x in a row.
It fucking painful.

At least you're finding cola with enough frequency to have that many attempts, though. You've got enough turtles there to beef someone up real nice, maybe several characters. I wouldn't bail out just yet, but if you do, give the account away so that doesn't all go to waste.

RalchAC

Too many Turtles no unit to level up :(
Still have 50 medium and small black turtles below.

I refuse to use these on different color.
Hopefully i could get some Int units tomorrow to use these, or get Rainbow Shell to undress Nami ;-)

Running out of space at 170 now.
This Ship upgrade really making me want to quit this game.
Everything can be done soon or later or by spending $.
But upgrading ship is like the game trying to fck us and making us quit.
Mihawk without using Gem with Luffy 2Gear pretty much require max level ship to kill on time.

Are you talking about the 30 or 40 stamina stage? I'm planning a 2Gear team and I'm leveling my units to be able to do so.

I have my 2Gear Luffy at level 60 and my Aldiva at level 52. I need a red dragon to Evolve Arlong and I'll try to get him to at least level 50 too.

Getting that Blamenco guy from WB Crew would be awesome. Or any unit for their crew. I'm going to spend my gems on some Gacha.

At least you're finding cola with enough frequency to have that many attempts, though. You've got enough turtles there to beef someone up real nice, maybe several characters. I wouldn't bail out just yet, but if you do, give the account away so that doesn't all go to waste.

I think it's been ages since I got one of those Colas. Maybe I should do other stages than the Arlong 30 stamina island though.

tadabola

did anyone tried the sugofest yet? or it did'nt started?

if so, how many hours left? I bought some gems but the everyday that we were getting just ended right? have to save the most that I can for mihawk

pelicansurf

if so, how many hours left? I bought some gems but the everyday that we were getting just ended right? have to save the most that I can for mihawk
It starts tonight at around 11pm EST.

bjork

If you're in the US, all the new stuff for rare recruit so far has been Tuesday evening/night. It doesn't come up until then.

bjork

If it's possibly to blow through Mihawk that quickly, then it's just a matter of spending gems to farm him? That's crazy. Now I kinda wish I had some stronger dudes, ha

but it will be 24 hours right? I'm not in US and its gonna start like 3 AM here

24 hours, yes. In the US it shows Apr 7 (19:00) - Apr 8 (18:59)

pelicansurf

If it's possibly to blow through Mihawk that quickly, then it's just a matter of spending gems to farm him? That's crazy. Now I kinda wish I had some stronger dudes, ha

24 hours, yes. In the US it shows Apr 7 (19:00) - Apr 8 (18:59)
In that video, that guys units are WEAK. Looks like Mihawk will be a walk in the park.

Majukun

In that video, that guys units are WEAK. Looks like Mihawk will be a walk in the park.

well he is still using a g3 luffy and getting most of the perfects right,plus g2 luffy boosting his strenght characters atk

plus the normal advantage in using strenght characters against tecnique ones..
it's not that mihawk it's easy,it's that he has the right team

I'm probably gonna go with

g3 luffy x2
alvida
arlong
DJ sanji
god usopp

2 captains for the atk boost,alvida to reduce the impact of mihawk's attack one time,god usopp for turn delay and diable sanji to vaporize the guys on the stage before mihawk to avoid capt.sealing

that's on paper though...if i understood correctly there's gonna be a stamina 0 version to do the math right?

tadabola

Do you guys think its gonna take a while for another "gem everyday" event?

I could use another one at least a week before mihawk

I have 90 gems (bought quite a few, last time probably) and wish to spend the most I can on the sugofest (or cobyfest - then I'm quitting the game)

but I have to save some (thinking of 15 - don't know if it will be enough) for mihawk

RalchAC

well he is still using a g3 luffy and getting most of the perfects right,plus g2 luffy boosting his strenght characters atk

g3 luffy x2
alvida
arlong
DJ sanji
god usopp

2 captains for the atk boost,alvida to reduce the impact of mihawk's attack one time,god usopp for turn delay and diable sanji to vaporize the guys on the stage before mihawk to avoid capt.sealing

that's on paper though...if i understood correctly there's gonna be a stamina 0 version to do the math right?

I've done the 0 stamina island with a Gear 3rd Luffy and it seems his tap pattern isn't as hard as I iniitally thought.

My team for Mihawk is probably going to be:

Gear 3rd Luffy + Gear 2nd Luffy
Evolved Arlong (he has a really high attack).

And for building the 3 perfects Aldiva, Smoker and Ussop.

The 3 of them have the "simple" tap pattern. And they're quite useful units if the battle lasts a bit long than it should.

All could change with tomorrow Cobyfest though.

pelicansurf

g3 luffy x2
alvida
arlong
DJ sanji
god usopp

I mean... who can't get all the perfects using G3 Luffy? That's what the team is specifically designed for. If you can't get perfects 80+% of the time... why would you use G3 Luffy? Additionally, it's not very hard to use the right colors. I pretty much have every Tier 1/Tier 2 character leveled to at least level 40. I can make any team I want, including a specific Color Squashing Mihawk team. It's gonna be cake.

I'm going with:

Captain: Level 60 G3 Luffy
Fr. Captain: MAX G3 Luffy
Level 60 - Arlong
Level 50 - Alvida
Level 41 - God Usopp
Level 50 - Asura Zoro

bjork

tbh, I was planning for the Vivi/Laboon route, but if I have the capacity to pull a different kind of team off quicker, that's likely what I'll go for. I'm down with throwing a few bucks on some gems if it means I can farm some more Mihawks.

Top Bottom