• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

qazqaNii

Good luck to all, I will probably only do a maximum of two pulls, heck I am not even gonna do my pulls myself gonna let a family member do it.

Gib Whitebeard on first pull please!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The worst part will be seeing all the people on friends lists with Whitebeard or something and not being able to get him ourselves, hah.

GURARARARARARA.
Tell me about it.

Wasn't going to pull for v2 Strawhats, then I opened the game and saw a bunch of Gear 3 Luffys... Couldn't resist and failed with all my pulls xD

Well... Go hard or go home. Once more please...

chrono01

This is my plan for tonight.

- Wait until Sugo-Fest begins
- Pour myself a tasty beverage
- Browse GAF/Reddit, reading the responses of those who pulled
- Become jealous at everyone and their luck
- Go to sleep
- Toss and turn all night in anticipation
- Wake up tomorrow, no longer able to resist the urge, and spend 100 of my Rainbow Gems
- Cry to myself for not getting Whitebeard, or anything of real worth

Then life will continue as it currently is.

bjork

I'll probably wake up at 9 for work tonight, throw a pull or two then, then a few more after work. Not enough to get all the characters, I don't think.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
This is my plan for tonight.

- Wait until Sugo-Fest begins
- Pour myself a tasty beverage
- Browse GAF/Reddit, reading the responses of those who pulled
- Become jealous at everyone and their luck
- Go to sleep
- Toss and turn all night in anticipation
- Wake up tomorrow, no longer able to resist the urge, and spend 100 of my Rainbow Gems
- Cry to myself for not getting Blackbeard, or anything of real worth

Then life will continue as it currently is.

Spoiler alert: You will probably not get Blackbeard.

cw_sasuke

Probably a good time to reroll White Beard o.o
No unit is worth the amount of time I have already invested in my account.

I hope to get some cool units but my Treasure Cruise life will continue even without Whitebeard and Co.

qazqaNii

I hope to get some cool units but my Treasure Cruise life will continue even without Whitebeard and Co.

I agree, I am P-LVL 81 atm, would never reroll, so much time spent woke at nights for the turtle time.

The rate new updates are rolling out is awesome although, didn't expect whitebeard so soon after v2.

Majukun

I'm gonna try seriously on my second account...since the free gems are over..i'll probably spend 25 gems and keep 10 for mihawk,since on that account i'll need to use them to get him

then decide if trying on my main account after seeing how good are the pulls from the other people here in the thread

chrono01

Same here. It doesn't matter what the results of Sugo-Fest bring me, I won't be re-rolling.

It's easy to get "addicted" to needing the latest/greatest units, especially when so many other people are having luck and you're not. This style of game can be incredibly destructive to your wallet/sanity if you're not careful. For Treasure Cruise, though, I've decided to take things at a slower pace, and gather whatever units I can with the currency the game hands me. I'm trying not to stress myself too much about it all.

So yes, I'd love Whitebeard, Marco, and several of the other Whitebeard crew. However, if I don't get them [a high possibility], I'll still love Treasure Cruise just as much as I do currently, and continue working on the characters that I do have.

cw_sasuke

I agree, I am P-LVL 81 atm, would never reroll, so much time spent woke at nights for the turtle time.

The rate new updates are rolling out is awesome although, didn't expect whitebeard so soon after v2.

Yeah ...especially now were we are slowly hitting Stamina levels where we can take on Mihawk level Islands twice. Not to mention farming evo materials, upgrading the ship etc.

Same here. It doesn't matter what the results of Sugo-Fest bring me, I won't be re-rolling.

It's easy to get "addicted" to needing the latest/greatest units, especially when so many other people are having luck and you're not. This style of game can be incredibly destructive to your wallet/sanity if you're not careful. For Treasure Cruise, though, I've decided to take things at a slower pace, and gather whatever units I can with the currency the game hands me. I'm trying not to stress myself too much about it all.

So yes, I'd love Whitebeard, Marco, and several of the other Whitebeard crew. However, if I don't get them [a high possibility], I'll still love Treasure Cruise just as much as I do currently, and continue working on the characters that I do have.

Yeah same here, it definetly helps if you are a One Piece fan to begin with.

Pulling luck or no, you will have access to farmable units like Mihawk, Garp, Blackbeard and Co. down the line - which are all great units as well. Hell story mode units like Golden Pound Usopp and Asura Zoro are still considered Top Tier in JPN version of the game.

So yeah its definitely a game you can take on more relaxed - most if not all content can be done with farmables. Looking forward to Mihawk, Lucci, Kaku, Coby Event Islands etc. - no matter how much pulling luck i have.

Xeroblade

You guys need to chill and treat this as a 'side-game' instead of a 'main-game'. :p

Nah, let them play it as their "main game". They provide so much great info and its funny to hear how much they have spent on it. I never touch it over the weekends. I do make sure to login though for the free stuff ha.

StMeph

Yeah, I wouldn't reroll my existing account for Whitebeard either, but it is the best time for someone just starting out to keep rerolling until they get Whitebeard or G3 Luffy.

cw_sasuke

Yeah, I wouldn't reroll my existing account for Whitebeard either, but it is the best time for someone just starting out to keep rerolling until they get Whitebeard or G3 Luffy.
Oh yes, right now would be the time to start... WB and/or Gear 3 Luffy and you are set for a long time heh.

pelicansurf

You guys need to chill and treat this as a 'side-game' instead of a 'main-game'. :p

I think you're confusing talking about the game, for time spent playing the game. I doubt many people here are putting over 1-2 hours a day. Getting units and upgrading is what it's all about, homes.

Nibel

I think you're confusing talking about the game, for time spent playing the game. I doubt many people here are putting over 1-2 hours a day. Getting units and upgrading is what it's all about, homes.

Nah, I'm talking about people being so serious about spending their rainbow gems and all that. Or playing it so much that they drop the game entirely despite the game not having nearly as much content as the JPN version. I have absolutely no issues spending 1-2 hours or more on this, but people should see it for what it is and treat it that way imo.

And Xeroblade: I agree that this thread a joy to read. I did not mean that I had issues with the amount of posts or something, quite the opposite: I'm pretty surprised and happy that this thread is among the most active here.

Don't get me wrong: this is a great, great mobile game, but it has certain mechanics and you should just accept it. Free gems come and go, no worry to get upset about it.

BTW, just received my Luffy Gear 2nd \m/

tadabola

I thought a lot today about this game, lol
let's see:

I have 89 gems, gonna try hard on the sugofest.

If I'm not mistaken, the pull-exclusives on the global version are:

- Shanks (yellow boost at the same event), ace and robin, the two latter being crappy chances.
- V2 mugiwara (chances improved as well) ruffy, zoro, nami, usopp (wich I have already) and sanji
- Whitebeard crew ( doubled chance as well) Blamenco, jozu, Izo, Marco, vista

- And the 24 hours exclusive but not with improved chances, Whitebeard.

theres a few "not farmable yet", like goldenweek or mr 3, mr 5 and all Chopper forms... but those are not desired, like any farmable (at sugofest specially)

If I'm extremaly luck (never was), 13 pulls is gonna give me all characters I don't have yet. But being more realistic, I'm thinking of spending 65 - 75 gems, because I have to save some for the mihawk event. Don't even gonna try for a single character, to not dissapoint myself. but being pratical:

Gear third Ruffy and Whitebeard are good independent captains, Zoro v2 is also good for the combo with princess vivi, and Mr Prince is not that desirable.

I have red characters (alvida, gear second, arlong, morgan wich will get an evoluition ), and others are obtainable later (mr 5) so I could use Blamenco

I do have few blue characters (masterplan kuro, tashigi, sanji, ms valentine ) , but no ace - Jozu is a maybe, better if I got lucky and got an Ace with no odds today.

I do not have great green units (great asura zoro, bad dancing jango, low level smoker - the game itself lacks green). Izo would be less maybe

I wish I had an yellow team, but man... thats difficult. I have usopps ("god" and hammer ready to be evolved into Dial), low level Vivi, mr 2 unevolved and thats it. Marco would not be that great if I don't get Shanks too for a strong psy team. If I got both it would be great, But marco could had some future. Shanks could fit in my slasher as well. I'm worried about the yellow event at the same time because the only rare unit I have is a hammer usopp.

And for one of the best teams (purple), I have no one special. I do have Chopper brain point and Buggy (great combo), and Nami perfect clima tact, but I would have to get an Vista, or a Towel Nami (and later farm a mr 3)... I'm so far of having a good int team that I think its my worst options... Vista would fit greatly into my slasher team, so he is good. If I get both him and Towel Nami it would be great, and even better if I managed to pull a Robin as well :p

I plan a lot, but once the cobys start to appear I'm gonna get ready for a ragequit once more.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
What would a G3 Luffy, Whitebeard re-roll pull entail to?

Would anyone re-roll to that if that happened?

How much hate would anyone get from that?

(
lol
)

And what, we aren't getting more gems every day?

cw_sasuke

Reminder.

Skill up event and Evo Materials via Friend points are ending. Especially with many of us pulling for the WB Crew it might be worth trying to get some rare evo units before it's over and Friend points are useless again for a while.

StMeph

I thought a lot today about this game, lol
let's see:

I have 89 gems, gonna try hard on the sugofest.

If I'm extremaly luck (never was), 13 pulls is gonna give me all characters I don't have yet. But being more realistic, I'm thinking of spending 65 - 75 gems, because I have to save some for the mihawk event. Don't even gonna try for a single character, to not dissapoint myself. but being pratical:

I plan a lot, but once the cobys start to appear I'm gonna get ready for a ragequit once more.

That's not really "planning" so much as daydreaming. You can't plan for RNG pulls, and it's extremely unlikely to end up with several of the top pulls, even with 13-15 tries.

You get what you get, and having sky-high expectations is the real killer. Actual planning comes after your pulls.

tadabola

That's not really "planning" so much as daydreaming. You can't plan for RNG pulls, and it's extremely unlikely to end up with several of the top pulls, even with 13-15 tries.

You get what you get, and having sky-high expectations is the real killer. Actual planning comes after your pulls.

No no, you misandersood me, its not a plan really, its more like an usability study for any of the characters that I could get.

I mean, 13-14 pulls I have to get two or three sugofest characters at leastl, I hope

pelicansurf

I am fully expecting:

Whitebeard
Marco the Phoenix
Shanks

Any other WB Crewmate would be a cherry on top.

I swear I'm not daydreaming.

Limit

So who here will be topping that one poster from last 24 hour event who spent 200 bucks trying to acquire G3 Luffy but failing miserably? Any self aware candidates?

Uthred

I hope a lot of people get Shanks and start using him, used to be tons of folk but now I think I have two on my friends list still using him (course if Arlong or Zeff dropped for me I'd probably abandon him too, sorry Shanks).

Xcution

I wont reroll no matter what. I have invested so much time to my crew i just love em.

Also, i will be joining you all in the disappointment of not getting whitebeard today. I will throw 6 times and see if Usopp or Coby will grace me with their presence lol

KumaJG

I hope a lot of people get Shanks and start using him, used to be tons of folk but now I think I have two on my friends list still using him (course if Arlong or Zeff dropped for me I'd probably abandon him too, sorry Shanks).

Part of the reason people don't use Shanks is because there not enough hard hitting Heart units.

Xcution

Red Team reporting for duty! Ready for Mihawk...hopefully we can kick some butt.

BCCCA7B5-C738-4C2D-947F-F4F7A70B8FED_zpsieprllc3.png

StMeph

Red Team reporting for duty! Ready for Mihawk...hopefully we can kick some butt.

Damn. I am impressed you have a basically MAX level team. Congrats!

How did you manage to get that many turtles within the 30 minute time limit, and the beli to pay for all of those upgrades? ._.

Xcution

So.. 1 turn Mihawk incoming..

I don't know it depends on orbs and the power of the Usopp god :)

I want to record a few battles for you :) Let's see what i can do.

Damn. I am impressed you have a basically MAX level team. Congrats!

How did you manage to get that many turtles within the 30 minute time limit, and the beli to pay for all of those upgrades? ._.

Thanks bro! I can one shot elder turtles if i have an orb on Arlong or luffy with all perfect. So it is pretty easy and quick, just dont miss.

With Beli i never use fodder to evolve. I only use teen turtles so i save a lot of money. I got lucky since initially when there was not a lot of content i grinded beli island all weekend and nothing else.

I am just happy to help so if you are a gaffer and need me add me. @GAF

Rurunaki

As much as I would like to max g3 luffy, arlong, and alvida, I want to get Morgan to Max (50) first just because of how he fits perfectly with the g3 or whitebeard team as utility.

Xcution

I think it starts at 8pm on the west coast.

11pm EST...east coast! Lol

As much as I would like to max g3 luffy, arlong, and alvida, I want to get Morgan to Max (50) first just because of how he fits perfectly with the g3 or whitebeard team as utility.

I would like that only problem is that when you hit a level like 6/7 (Mihawk) with all high defense Sanji is BA. Both have thier pros and cons.

chrono01

A little more than an hour, ladies and gentlemen!

Best of luck to you all. I will be pushing my luck tomorrow morning sometime.

Ferga

How much health do those high defense units in the second last round of 40 stamina Mihawk have?

I've seen some units one shot them. I'm guessing 5-6 health?

Does anyone know for sure?

Top Bottom