• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nice. I need to do this, too. I'm at 1 despair and 3 cooldown from last time Afro Luffy was here, but I want lock/despair too.
Best of luck - in the last couple weeks i have experienced how awful socket upgrades can be. So for right now i see them as a nice boni and not as a necessity, otherwise i would go nuts lol.

ElChado

Neo Member
oOwDoWx.png

For those of you in those countries, gem prices will most likely be going up to match iOS prices in those places.

1-2 Months ago prices went up for iOS users, only now are Android users getting matched.

I'm contemplating if i want to get a few gem packs before the price change.

bjork

Best of luck - in the last couple weeks i have experienced how awful socket upgrades can be. So for right now i see them as a nice boni and not as a necessity, otherwise i would go nuts lol.

I think I'm gonna shoot for Usopp and Sogeking sockets this time, and if Luffy happens to fall in line as well, that's a plus.

But... all my snails were money bags and the lotto machine at the store ate my $20, so idk if it's a good day for my luck.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think I'm gonna shoot for Usopp and Sogeking sockets this time, and if Luffy happens to fall in line as well, that's a plus.

But... all my snails were money bags and the lotto machine at the store ate my $20, so idk if it's a good day for my luck.

Well, you MUST be due for something good, right? ;)

Gambler's Fallacy. It doesn't matter :p

bjork

I did get my $20 back at least, but I need to go somewhere else for my tickets. Advance purchase is the best thing ever, I won't have to go until June after this.

GaimeGuy

I did get my $20 back at least, but I need to go somewhere else for my tickets. Advance purchase is the best thing ever, I won't have to go until June after this.
Don't spend money on the lottery. Spend it on gems. :)

xrokis

restaurant le crap with the easter eggs is a welcome addition.
my rayleigh went to +40 with the one appearance and boa has over 50 rcv now.

enel may be my favourite raid now, the lightning and timing when to move on make it fun. couldn't run it as much as wanted but got 30 copies.
even at 60 stamina stalling is forgiving. the team i ran is even f2p so he should be farmable by most people down the line.

Mihawk / Doflamingo
Mihawk / Slasher Croc
GP / Doublefinger

Mihawk, Doffy, GP, and Doublefinger are skillmax. croc is just a beatstick and socket provider.
the only problem is getting two green orbs after using GP, but considering you have 3 turns plus enels orb shuffling you should be fine.
the one time i died was because hiccups and missing the perfect 😅

Heng

wait..i only really need usopp copies..if someone tries 15 stamina and tells me he gets good drops there for him,i might switch
I use to run 15 stamina on my JP account and I can tell you the drop rate is horrible on most fortnights. They usually have the same loot table as 30 stamina and they have a higher chance of dropping nothing at all compared to 30 stamina.

I also did 3 runs on this fortnight (I know it isn't enough runs to say whether or not the drop rate is better) and got 0 Usopp and 1 Luffy. You may get more runs in but I'd say it actually evens out when you consider that some of your runs could give you nothing at all. I could do more but I don't think it's worth testing unless I'm about to level and have too much stamina.

Totakeke

The desire sensor in this game is too strong.

Bellamy drop, 3 runs
Broggy drop, 2 runs (after me farming him for >50 runs on my INT account)
Wapol drop, 3 runs

Croc >70 runs, no drop
Mr. 2 >40 runs, no drop

Hana-Bi

Wow, Impact Usopp socketing went really well. Will run the island with normal stamina and hope I can get some cd/heal sockets for my second GP Usopp.

Kyou

made the hard call and ditched 4/5 cooldown on my GP usopp for lock resist

also I'm pretty sure I'm down to Bepo and Ace being the only units not skill maxed from the afro luffy event

GaimeGuy

Why am I farming afro luffy fortnight when the usopp'n Raid, hopefully coming April 1, will solve all of my Usopp socket problems?

One GPU with lock/silence.
One with CD/autoheal
One with poison/stage defense

And for impact usopp:
One with lock/silence
One with CD/orbs

I'm beginning to wonder if trying to level up Young Shanks special is even worth it and to just use the copies to throw some sockets at RR Shanks. Impact Usopp makes Young Shanks worthless unless there exists some sort of convoluted ranking mission that requires GP Usopp and Young Shanks. I'm really only running the Buggy/Shanks fortnight for Moria books and I'd like to try my hand at getting Usopp sockets but when you consider the Usopp'n raid is only 20 stamina for a guaranteed drop, I figure I might as well hold off until then, whenever that is going to be.

Tidd

Can't wait for all the rage messages to Bamco if we get nothing except turtles and an old raid boss next friday. :)

Is Friday the same day that Japan gets their weekly raids as well? It's going to be annoying having to choose between running raids or turtles every week.

GaimeGuy

Can't wait for all the rage messages to Bamco if we get nothing except turtles and an old raid boss next friday. :)
If they give us Raid boa I'll just cry. Because it's gonna hurt.

... Actually, hmmm..

My Inthawk/Slasherdile/Doffy/GPU/Koza is right now at 10 CD, 11 Bind, 17 silence, 11 auto-heal, 5 orbs. Add another inthawk to the team and I can probably beat raid boa.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I'm beginning to wonder if trying to level up Young Shanks special is even worth it and to just use the copies to throw some sockets at RR Shanks. Impact Usopp makes Young Shanks worthless unless there exists some sort of convoluted ranking mission that requires GP Usopp and Young Shanks. I'm really only running the Buggy/Shanks fortnight for Moria books and I'd like to try my hand at getting Usopp sockets but when you consider the Usopp'n raid is only 20 stamina for a guaranteed drop, I figure I might as well hold off until then, whenever that is going to be.

I like Young Shanks as a unit, but I abandoned him based on the choice of Impact being a better PSY booster and wanting to feed my copies as socket fodder. There is also PSY Enel who provides a type boost too, albeit a higher CD. Overall with more and more to do as content progresses, it's tough to game plan for everything (ranking, raids, fortnights) given the amount of time required for success. Something has to give I find, although I'm sure there are players out there who will still/are grinding for it all. Good on them in that regard.

I know RR Shanks isn't a legend, but I still find him to be one of the more rare pulls in the game. So your copies of Young Shanks wouldn't go to waste at all depending what you box is like. I also gotta believe Usopp'n is next Friday with perhaps a Aokiji replay in April as well.

Kyou

oh right, I should probably get a team together for M Chopper...

hard hitting blues with GP usopp okay? Should I try for something fancy like Rayleigh??

Kumo

Nice job, congrats!

Speaking of sockets, I finally got my fifth Young Shanks drop (well sixth, but I'm keeping my first drop for my collection) after farming this event non-stop. I fed all five to my SW Shanks.

Well there goes all of my luck with sockets.

Just get these same results 4 more times and you're good. EZ

Meanwhile, I'm still trying here to get the last bind socket on my GPU. Still don't have it after feeding him 18 copies. :(

Kyou

Meanwhile, I'm still trying here to get the last bind socket on my GPU. Still don't have it after feeding him 18 copies. :(

my GP usopp would probably have 30/5 map defense if I would let him

Kyou

I'm like 99% sure that the bad sockets have more weight to them. >.> Otherwise socketing my characters would be wayyyy easier.

After I ditched my 4/5 cooldown for lock resist the next two usopps gave me cooldown

the game knows and it hates you

Kyou

Chopper is easy with just two QCK slashers, Doffy, and GP Usopp, with a double Mihawk lead.

okay cool, I'll put together one of those and also this quick and dirty enel team I made. Not really going for a skill maxed MC, just want to get him slotted with special and slot rate up

RedBoot

Did a team of Double Enel, Ivankov, Candy Sanji, Kaku, and GP Usopp, Monster Chopper didn't stand a chance. Super easy to stall when you can heal 2k a turn. :p I've got some Mihawk and G3 teams together as well if needed.

Did two sugo pulls.

-Mr. Prince
-Mr. 5

Yeah no. Loaded up my alt and did two pulls there and got Base Urogue twice in a row. This is not looking like a sugo I want to be a part of.

GaimeGuy

I'm trying the following team for fun:
Friend Enel
Thatch
Ivankov
DJ Sanji
GPU
Kaku

First time went well. Second time I fucked up on stage 3 (forgot how much damage the mobs did). Used GPU to get an extra ~700HP out of stalling and got to Monster chopper with 9000 out of ~12800 HP and... I think like 3 or 4 turns left on Usopp's CD.

Barely survive his first hit. Usopp's special becomes available the turn before chopper's next attack, with me at like 3000 HP.

I use usopp's turn delay and attack once.
I then use iva's special save scumming once to get 5 RCV orbs, as well as Thatch's special, and recover back to full health.

Next 2 turns I burst chopper down (although he was at like 5k HP after the first turn)

That was close.

RedBoot

Young Zeff is the new fortnight.
really wish i had thatch :|

Yeah, saw that. Definitely looks like they're holding off on Domino for some reason. I still don't think we're ever getting Zephyr, but it certainly makes ya think…

This also means we're inching closer to the Young Arlong and Vivi/Koza fortnights, both of which I'll be farming like crazy.

Totakeke

Another raid boss down, again using Sengoku + Koala. :p

EcgTqUc.png

Although I must say it was not too comfy and bad orb luck could kill the run. Almost made the mistake of subbing Usopp for an orb booster until I realized that I must KO him in one turn otherwise or take a 10k hit.

Definitely really liking putting Koala in Sengoku teams and filling it up with fighters, heh. Once the buster call raid comes out I guess I can do similar stuff with Momonga with knowledge teams, although there is a lack of orb manipulation at <20 cost for both. Full psy Sengoku team definitely still have the best burst because of that.

Although this knowledge team has like 5k more HP than a pure psy one.
6Diw8Ga.png

GaimeGuy

Today I got:
Chess
Kuromarimo
Wapol

and successfully evolved into Chessmarimo and got Wapol up to pre-evolved max level (need a hermit crab tomorrow to evolve)

Also, 11 gems between the daily login and the facebook contest!

It was a productive day

Man it is so fun to replay these old raids and just decimate the bosses.

As for Sugo, I went against my prior post and did 2 pulls instead of 1.
I should have done none, >_>.

4* Rakuyo (4th time I've pulled him) and 3* Cabin Boy Helmeppo (already have him max skilled for Princess Turtles).

Totakeke

Hmm Young Zeff is another fighter. So for DEX fighters at <20 cost I already have Bellamy, Koala, Prison Bon Clay. The first two are far more important and Kalifa is also a DEX fighter which can pair with normal Zeff for full green orbs.

Compared to Prison Bon Clay, Young Zeff has 180 more HP, 110 more attack, but -65 less RCV. I guess he'll only be useful in situations where I have to bring Usopp to delay and need a main beatstick. So not that high of a priority.

Edit: Good news because I have to max Coby v2 anyway.

RedBoot

Hmm…the news posting for the Zeff fortnight says it'll have manuals for the new versions of Patty and Carne in it, but the Github/Database site doesn't include those as drops for the fortnight. Did the Japanese version actually have their manuals, or is this potentially an addition for Global (or, more likely, a mistake)?

If it's new, well, I guess those two will be easier to skill max…hooray...

There's something satisfying about one-shotting MC with my slasher team. Subbed out Usopp for Enel which gives me the 2x QCK boost and level 1 lock sockets. Use Kuro's special on the seahorse wave which gives the fodder 4 HP instead of 5 and clear with all misses after using Thatch's special. First turn MC and my sockets prevents my team from getting locked, use double Mihawk specials, Doffy's and Enel's and that's one dead Chopper.

Hana-Bi

5 pulls, got my "legend":

Capone, you're next!

If only I had a rainbow penguin. Sigh.

Congrats. :) Thatch is also one of the few units (5*) I really want...

But I won't pull this sugo (I hope).

With those easter eggs +6, on which unit should I use those? Really don't know. I'm debating whether Enel should get them and I would go for 50/50/100 for him...

Kyou

I'm having a weirdly uneven time with M. Chopper, just dont have the damage output it seems like I should

oh well I always have a bumpy first few runs

edit: Did two pulls, got Fossa and non-legend Shanks. See you next time Sugofest

What are the safest, easiest teams for monster chopper?

I've got ace, jozu, enel, killer, log luffy (Full sockets), max skill mihawk.

Capone, Thatch, jimbe, etc.

/edit

2 pulls:

1. Dancing Django
2. Urouge (5 stars)

.. Can't actually complaing, Urouge is new for me.

Does Urouge ever see any use?

chrono01

Whoa, perfect! Keep going chrono! There are still a few days left, but hopefully you can keep chipping away at things. That's pretty amazing to go 5/5 though.
Thanks, I'll keep at it!

Yeah, I was really surprised to see all five of my chosen sockets to pop on a single 5x feeding. It was one after another and I just started at my screen in disbelief. I can only hope my luck continues like that.

Haha, you make it sound so easy.

As for Usopp, I need to socket him too but I'm sticking with Young Shanks all the way. I'm not even farming Monster Chopper. I'm putting everything into socketing my SW Shanks!

Best of luck to you on that last socket!

Today I got:
Chess
Kuromarimo
Wapol

and successfully evolved into Chessmarimo and got Wapol up to pre-evolved max level (need a hermit crab tomorrow to evolve)

Also, 11 gems between the daily login and the facebook contest!

It was a productive day
Productive day indeed, nicely done.

I still need so many story characters, I wish we'd get the special edition FP gatcha that Japan gets on occasion. :(

5 pulls, got my "legend":

6vLOCjP.png

Capone, you're next!

If only I had a rainbow penguin. Sigh.
I actually really want him, nice job. I'm not about to pull on this Sugofest, though. If anything, I'll use gems to replenish my stamina for more Shanks farming, haha.

Gizuko

I'm probably going to farm shanks instead of Mc today, need to get those sockets working.

I don't know what to do with these 3 all-up eggs. Probably going to give them to enel, since I was only planning on feeding him rcv.

Top Bottom