• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

bjork

I think I'm going to sit out the next few, because all I'm really missing is a 4* Whitey Bay and the legends, as far as RR goes. Maybe once there are 2-3 new batches, but that could be months.

Hana-Bi

I think I'm going to sit out the next few, because all I'm really missing is a 4* Whitey Bay and the legends, as far as RR goes. Maybe once there are 2-3 new batches, but that could be months.
Yeah, I hope I can sit out the next few too. There are some units I don't have (Blamenco, Iva, legends besides LL and WB, most of the last batches) but with getting Thatch today I have all the 3x captains and I will now focus on the raids I didn't farm untill now (MC, Enel, Aokiji).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh yeah, I've had probably 25 drops of it

And ZERO skill ups for my Thatch :/

better wait for the skill up event, i just gave doublefinger 10 skill books because i don't have much box space and got 0 skill ups.

bjork

Box space is what gets people to feed early, I think.

Except me, I just use em as I get em, with varying success.

Totakeke

What's the best team one could build with legend Marco?

Something like this with auto-heal and damage reduction sockets? Could take 4k raw damage each turn and burst for two turns. 25 turns without skill books for Kaku and Marco for Global is a bit long, main concern is probably the stall stages would die too soon.

b4aybki.png

Majukun

are we expecting new information tonight? like next fortnight and event.. my 2 cents are on t-bone's fortnight.. anything that makes it impossible?

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Threw more than a few pulls at this sugo, got the last RR I was missing in Log Usopp and a plethora of +1 papers. Overall, no dice. Time to regroup and reassess though. I want to keep playing but I don't like this clear money wall trying to defeat improbable odds.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, big congrats to everyone who managed new units/legends! Always great to see, genuinely happy for y'all. Level them good *franky thumbs up*

are we expecting new information tonight? like next fortnight and event.. my 2 cents are on t-bone's fortnight.. anything that makes it impossible?

I'm expecting the announcement to happen when Sugo ends with probably the Keimi/Hatchi fortnight (ie. Rayleigh books) Whatever it is, it better be good (CC isle everyday, +2 gems per day, 2x skill up forever, etc).

RedBoot

We'll probably learn the next fortnight tomorrow or Friday night, based on what they usually do.

Nothing would stop us from getting T-Bone (they'd have to do something about SW Brook's skillbooks, but that's a bridge they'll have to cross very soon either way). But I doubt they'd skip that far ahead. If we got anything early, it'd probably be Calgara (since we don't have any F2P Free Spirit leads yet).

Tidd

If they swap out the SW skillbooks, we won't see Zephyr or SW characters on global... :(

Next event will be "Strawhats go to Hollywood." With two sugos in two week giving us both batches and Zephyr as a new raidboss. People will buy gems like they never did before. THIS WILL HAPPEN, OKAY?

Totakeke

If they swap out the SW skillbooks, we won't see Zephyr or SW characters on global... :(

Next event will be "Strawhats go to Hollywood." With two sugos in two week giving us both batches and Zephyr as a new raidboss. People will buy gems like they never did before. THIS WILL HAPPEN, OKAY?

So I guess we'll at least know whether that the Zephyr dream is dead for good very soon? :D

Majukun

funny thing is,the next batch in line would be the cp9 one..but we just had the "cerebral" class unveiled,and the cp9 would mean that the "tough" one would had to be unveiled right after...and we already had several "filler" sugos..so it might be the best time to actually release the sw batch :p

Totakeke

funny thing is,the next batch in line would be the cp9 one..but we just had the "cerebral" class unveiled,and the cp9 would mean that the "tough" one would had to be unveiled right after...and we already had several "filler" sugos..so it might be the best time to actually release the sw batch :p

Log units aren't done yet either, I still kind of want Log Ace.

bjork

Threw more than a few pulls at this sugo, got the last RR I was missing in Log Usopp and a plethora of +1 papers. Overall, no dice. Time to regroup and reassess though. I want to keep playing but I don't like this clear money wall trying to defeat improbable odds.

I'm to the point now that I'd rather just get killed in a fortnight and use a gem to clear it, than to try and spend gems on RRs or stamina for farming.

Part of this might be due in part to having fairly good success in the japanese stuff I've been playing without putting any money in whatsoever, or it could just be content fatigue. I'm sure I'll bounce back, but I've lost my motivation the last couple weeks. I won't quit, though. I'm in too deep!

RedBoot

Log units aren't done yet either, I still kind of want Log Ace.

Between now and Tough's intro, they could give us Log Ace, Bon Clay, and the next 5-pack of silver RRs (Genzo, Iceberg, etc). When we eventually get Tough, they'll probably tie the CP9 sugo in with it like they did Legend Croc.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I'm to the point now that I'd rather just get killed in a fortnight and use a gem to clear it, than to try and spend gems on RRs or stamina for farming.

Part of this might be due in part to having fairly good success in the japanese stuff I've been playing without putting any money in whatsoever, or it could just be content fatigue. I'm sure I'll bounce back, but I've lost my motivation the last couple weeks. I won't quit, though. I'm in too deep!

I don't blame you in regards to the content fatigue. I feel like I'm at the same point in the game too where/when I first quit (August 2015) for a month or so in regards to my progress/completion. It's not necessarily the grind has become predictable, I feel it's become too cyclical in nature and to that end the artificial walls of game stoppage based on how a player prefers to play are becoming more apparent.

I also think the content in RRs has too far exceeded the content of gameplay itself. The overabundance of Sugos, for myself have been a negative experience. I used to enjoy the monthly allure of a single 24 hour event, but I can understand Bamco's approach from a bottomline perspective. I'd be curious to see how these multiple 48 hour events have affected their decisions thus far.

But it's like you said, being in too deep is one way to put it.

Majukun

I feel like I can never work out a really reliable team for Blackbeard every time he comes around

if you can use a team with level 1 anti despair,any blue team becomes reliable
otherwise you have to at least keep your focus on blackbeard's hps

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I used 12 blackbeards from my last raid to free up some box space, since I'll just be using them tomorrow, as well..

Want to know how many skill level ups I've gotten by feeding this blackbeard 43 copies over its existence?

chrono01

@chrono01, congrats on finally getting Killer.
Thanks!

Now if I can just get that Eustass Kid...

I did 5 pulls and obviously didnt get a Legend....BUT i got Nico Robin. Its kinda funny since she was the first RR unit i really wanted - especially when we first got Garp. I remember saving up her skillbooks for months lol....

Totakeke and ah_hia congrats on your Legends...some day...some day i will join that club.
Congrats on the Robin! So many people are still after her.

Had two pulls available.

Base Killer
Base Basil Hawkins

bought some points and did 8 pulls
Base Inazuma
Evolved Mr. 3
Base Crocus
Evolved Kuro
Base Capone
Evolved Thatch
Base Inazuma
Base Killer

So without the higher chance for INT, I guess every single one of them would've been QCK? These are all socket fodder for me, blah.
I hate when you spend money and get nothing of use out of it. :(

Just posting to state that I'm still legendless.

NO LEGENDS CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!

Here here! *Raises an empty glass*
Your time will come soon. Believe.

better wait for the skill up event, i just gave doublefinger 10 skill books because i don't have much box space and got 0 skill ups.
What's a skill-up event? It's been so long I forget what it is.

Kyou

if you can use a team with level 1 anti despair,any blue team becomes reliable
otherwise you have to at least keep your focus on blackbeard's hps

I can probably pull that out. Maybe I'll try double killer with a couple dudes in to get my despair up

Kyou

I can deal with them making us sweat it out a bit more on special rate up

But I literally cannot believe there's not even a 2x super success. The last one was the 1 year anniversary!

RedBoot

Well, that pretty much kills my planning for farming over the next few weeks. Not gonna go for Curiel or Killer books. I was gonna fill the rest of my box with Blackbeards, but now I'll only be able to fit a few, since I want to keep room for Marco books over the next couple of rerun fortnights.

Hogback is coming back in a few weeks (we get Lucci next week, followed by Duck Squad, then Hogback). I wanted to finish skilling up Cindry, since she's useful in Sengoku teams (and I'll socket up Hogback too, because why not). If we don't get the skill up that week (it'll be the start of a new event), I won't have room for anything.

At least we're getting EL part 2. I can evolve my other Story Lucci (and free up 5 box space slots).

Totakeke

Lucci FN - If I miraculously get CP9 Kaku before then then I'll farm, otherwise skip
Carue FN - Only want GP skillbook, but heard it's bad, probably will also skip
Hogback FN - Definitely need Cindry and maxed, hopefully skill up will be here by then

Heng

This Sugofest wasn't too bad, got a few new characters although none that I would use.

Great news is that we're getting EL part 2, just in time for the Lucci fortnight. I'm glad I can farm sockets for him.

Lucci FN - If I miraculously get CP9 Kaku before then then I'll farm, otherwise skip
Carue FN - Only want GP skillbook, but heard it's bad, probably will also skip
Hogback FN - Definitely need Cindry and maxed, hopefully skill up will be here by then
There's only 2 other raid/fortnight that drops his book, which has even worse drop rate. The fortnight that drops it is a really old 15 stamina fortnight so that means extremely crappy exp. Your best bet is to farm Carue, at least he makes a decent orb manipulator for Sengoku teams.

Kyou

Carue was the fortnight I used to max my GP Usopp. I remember it not being too bad.

However everything seems to be worse on the repeats so I dunno.

RedBoot

Yeah, Carue was pretty decent for both Marco and Usopp books (though I got almost twice as many Bonney books, which was the "rare"), and the fortnight's pretty simple once you get the right team together (Log Nami is a Win Button if you have her). It's the easiest way to max GP (though Usopp'un was pretty fair with the drops too).

Hopefully they won't totally nerf the drop rates for the rerun. It'd still be better than running Kuro.

I hit my day 400 today so I used my 10 gems to max my inventory. I'm sitting at a somewhat comfortable 550/600 inventory slots but I'm in the fortunate position of having already skill maxed all my raid bosses, with the exception of Aokiji. I could go longer without a skill-up but I mostly want one to get rid of the stink of failed sugo pulls out of my inventory. I have 4 Thatches and 3 LS Zoros taunting me among other dupes. The worst part is that since the release of the Whitebeard allies batch I've only pulled two new units, the DeCalvan Brothers (meh) and Koala, and that hasn't been for the lack of pulling.

The cruelest thing they could do to us at this point is give us the Buster Call raid, which has been a sneaking suspicion of mine ever since they they brought out the Cerebral class since both Momonga and Strawberry from the raid have Cerebral boosting captain specials. The only thing that might be a case against this is the fact that Dalmation's secondary class is Tough but that could just as easily be added in later like they do with preexisting units. Inventory space be damned because this raid would give you 6 units. Best case scenario, they'll do the CP9 sugo to introduce the Tough class and throw the raid at us then (maybe during a skillup????). This of course is purely hypothetical but ever since they started the 60 stamina raids they haven't seemed keen on returning to the 40 stamina raids for Duval and Heracles.

As far as I'm concerned, the SW strawhats and Zephyr are dead and not going to be in the game.

RedBoot

I could see Buster Call happening, yeah. I also think Heracles can't be too far off either. If we get one of those before a skill-up event it'll be really cruel, since that would be two new raid bosses introduced between skill events (three if you count Usopp'un). Not to mention all the raid reruns in there, too.

I didn't get a single GPU book from Usopp'un. D:

I got five, though I probably ran the damn thing 50 times. My GP's already maxed, but I pulled another this sugo, so I guess I'll try and max him. Got about 8 Sogeking books too.

(What I didn't get were decent sockets :p )

Kyou

I'm not going to touch these Mihawks but I'm looking at all these Garps and thinking "Is his special really THAT good?"

we need a rate up. I'm trying to figure out what the business decision would be to hold one off for so long.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Server maintenance next week... may give us another +100 box space? That's being fruitlessly hopeful though.

One other thing to consider, while we may not get a new raid this month, although stranger things have happened. We will definitely/(assumedly) get a new raid at the beginning of May. However keep in mind, Bamco could still very well do the 2x skill up second week of the next next event.

And even worse case scenario, a 2x skill up could even happen as late as the second half of May. So, with that in mind... hold onto your butts.

I didn't get a single GPU book from Usopp'un. D:

GP books from Fat Usopp raid were kinda rough, as it only dropped from the first encounter Usopp. So strange they made that such a rarer drop... but unsurprising in some ways. It's anecdotal, but I netted 16 GP books from something like 120-130 runs I did.

EDIT:
I'm not going to touch these Mihawks but I'm looking at all these Garps and thinking "Is his special really THAT good?"

we need a rate up. I'm trying to figure out what the business decision would be to hold one off for so long.

Garp is a gateway, much like Mihawk was a gateway to special max. Aokiji/(Zephyr, lol) raids providing the prep work was done, led to the Bon Clay/Garp/Impact Usopp + booster combo. We got the easy version of Aokiji since we had sockets released early and with the over abundance of RRs we have now, I want to say a few more options were made available to us than when Japan players encountered him first.

Business decision? It's all bottomline related. I still feel they're vastly overlooking not incentivizing the success level in the game even more so, where marginal spending across the board from players who wouldn't normally buy/use as much gems... would in fact do more. The players who spend already aren't going to stop, the micro-transactions should almost be approached in a skewed subscription fee per player, say each one buying a gem pack per month just to play. And I think that's doable, if the success rate was better (drops, skill ups, etc whatever). That's my theory though, as I find that players today in GBL do more micromanagement organizing and collecting within their box, rather than putting things to use immediately or are hesitant if things don't go well enough.

In that same sense, limited box space leads to dumping X units you may not need, or evolvers you've been stashing, or using books/copies, etc. Fact is, everyone is different but there is an underlying grind there where the objective is the same, albeit players reaching the goals, ie. immediately vs. later on through repeat events.

Why they would withhold a 2x event? I think it forces players to play in fear, similar to how the Enel raid dropped so soon after Doffy. We didn't get a skill up event until after Enel, but prior to that players fed their Doffy copies to be ready for Enel... however, Bamco did an impromptu Doffy repeat right before Enel. So it forced players who used those copies early to gem more or again, to get those skill ups in one last preparation for the Enel raid. Also, they dropped Apoo books two days before the raid, knowing full well players who had and would use him, would play feverishly for the books and skill ups.

While we remember we haven't had a skill up event since February, what's overlooked are the events leading up to that skill up event during the anniversary.

However I'm sure there were still players, be them casual or just truly patient, who held out and made their own decision of how they play. In the opposite end, the 2x skill up can simply be a placebo effect, I know I've read from players who have poored fairly during the event and that will happen. Just like there are moments where incredible luck for skill ups happens outside of the event. In the end, I still think they're truly trying to figure out how to better monetize the GBL format. The 48 hour Sugos were a test, the varying rate ups, the drip feed of new batches, etc. The initial problem was the lack of content, now I feel it's the pacing and my biggest complaint with the handling of the game is how inorganic it all feels currently. There should always be something to do in a broader scope.

Majukun

I really hope we get another box increase at least, otherwise I'm in trouble at this point.
I'll wait to know what fortnight we have in line to understand how much.. like, if they put something with Capone skillbooks, I'm Inn real trouble
that being said, the more meat snail at the same time with the double drop rate on the tower of justice sounds really good... how difficult are the tower's stages? is the usual 'bring your slasher team' or there are some more tricky like stage 15 of water 7 (even though it the end it wasn't really that difficult)

Scew it, gonna yolo some skillbooks!

Luffy Gear 2nd - 0/4 (lv3)
Perona - 0/6 (lv 9)
Vista - 1/6 (lv 1)
Paulie - 1/5 (lv 4)

Kalifa - 1/5 (lv 4)
Jozu - 1/11 (lv 2)

That clears up 25 more spots, as expected very meager results but I actually got a handful of level ups so whatever.

Majukun

thinking about farming with natural stamina blackbeard tomorrow just for sockets... I should not get a lot of copies but zeff has lost most of his appeal with no skillup event in sight

Top Bottom