• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

bjork

A handful of Kalifa runs, no Kalifa drops. Skillbooks for useless dudes like Kuroobi and Pearl, 1 Paulie. Blahhhh

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Server maintenance next week... may give us another +100 box space? That's being fruitlessly hopeful though.

One other thing to consider, while we may not get a new raid this month, although stranger things have happened. We will definitely/(assumedly) get a new raid at the beginning of May. However keep in mind, Bamco could still very well do the 2x skill up second week of the next next event.

And even worse case scenario, a 2x skill up could even happen as late as the second half of May. So, with that in mind... hold onto your butts.

GP books from Fat Usopp raid were kinda rough, as it only dropped from the first encounter Usopp. So strange they made that such a rarer drop... but unsurprising in some ways. It's anecdotal, but I netted 16 GP books from something like 120-130 runs I did.

EDIT:

Garp is a gateway, much like Mihawk was a gateway to special max. Aokiji/(Zephyr, lol) raids providing the prep work was done, led to the Bon Clay/Garp/Impact Usopp + booster combo. We got the easy version of Aokiji since we had sockets released early and with the over abundance of RRs we have now, I want to say a few more options were made available to us than when Japan players encountered him first.

Business decision? It's all bottomline related. I still feel they're vastly overlooking not incentivizing the success level in the game even more so, where marginal spending across the board from players who wouldn't normally buy/use as much gems... would in fact do more. The players who spend already aren't going to stop, the micro-transactions should almost be approached in a skewed subscription fee per player, say each one buying a gem pack per month just to play. And I think that's doable, if the success rate was better (drops, skill ups, etc whatever). That's my theory though, as I find that players today in GBL do more micromanagement organizing and collecting within their box, rather than putting things to use immediately or are hesitant if things don't go well enough.

In that same sense, limited box space leads to dumping X units you may not need, or evolvers you've been stashing, or using books/copies, etc. Fact is, everyone is different but there is an underlying grind there where the objective is the same, albeit players reaching the goals, ie. immediately vs. later on through repeat events.

Why they would withhold a 2x event? I think it forces players to play in fear, similar to how the Enel raid dropped so soon after Doffy. We didn't get a skill up event until after Enel, but prior to that players fed their Doffy copies to be ready for Enel... however, Bamco did an impromptu Doffy repeat right before Enel. So it forced players who used those copies early to gem more or again, to get those skill ups in one last preparation for the Enel raid. Also, they dropped Apoo books two days before the raid, knowing full well players who had and would use him, would play feverishly for the books and skill ups.

While we remember we haven't had a skill up event since February, what's overlooked are the events leading up to that skill up event during the anniversary.

However I'm sure there were still players, be them casual or just truly patient, who held out and made their own decision of how they play. In the opposite end, the 2x skill up can simply be a placebo effect, I know I've read from players who have poored fairly during the event and that will happen. Just like there are moments where incredible luck for skill ups happens outside of the event. In the end, I still think they're truly trying to figure out how to better monetize the GBL format. The 48 hour Sugos were a test, the varying rate ups, the drip feed of new batches, etc. The initial problem was the lack of content, now I feel it's the pacing and my biggest complaint with the handling of the game is how inorganic it all feels currently. There should always be something to do in a broader scope.
Yeah, I log in every day, but I haven't even been using my stamina every day. I've been busy with life, but if there was truly something to do in OPTC, I'd make time. I'm not really in the mood to farm sockets on Coby, for example, because for what am I doing that for? What's the goal?

This game needs to start releasing content JP style or they're going to start losing players. Players who have spent money and time on the game too, which is worse.

Tidd

what's happening in there? I was playing FFRK for a little bit, but then it would just boot to a black screen on my phone, so I quit.

I guess this articles explains it really well.

Controversy has erupted in the Final Fantasy Record Keeper community after statistical analysis by its players revealed that the chances of receiving rare items was reduced ahead of the hotly anticipated Final Fantasy Tactics event.
http://home.eyesonff.com/content.ph...eeper-Final-Fantasy-Tactics-event-controversy

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Good, people on the official facebook are very vocal about no skill up event.

Seriously what a joke, they throw raid boss after raid boss at us and we haven't even gotten a single skill-up event in 2016.

Global becomes more and more a cash cow now.

Majukun

Good, people on the official facebook are very vocal about no skill up event.

Seriously what a joke, they throw raid boss after raid boss at us and we haven't even gotten a single skill-up event in 2016.

Global becomes more and more a cash cow now.
pretty sure we did have a skillup event in 2016, I maxxed my Doffy during it

Mixed2k

My salt level keeps rising... 5 pulls and I got 5 silvers.
I would be less salty if I got at least a usable silver that I wouldn't need to farm on story mode, but nah that would be too good it seems.

Hana-Bi

I'm glad that I only run Doffy and Blackbeard after the last skill up event. I'm at 582/600 right now but I need some Thatch books and I hope that the next event will be in two weeks.

bjork

Blackbeard is tonight. I guess I'll try an Enel/Jozu team and see what I can do. I'd like to get BB skilled and socketed, but I'm also working tonight so my time will be cut by about 10 hours or so.

My salt level keeps rising... 5 pulls and I got 5 silvers.
I would be less salty if I got at least a usable silver that I wouldn't need to farm on story mode, but nah that would be too good it seems.

Ouch. I've been there, that's not a good feeling :(

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I log in every day, but I haven't even been using my stamina every day. I've been busy with life, but if there was truly something to do in OPTC, I'd make time. I'm not really in the mood to farm sockets on Coby, for example, because for what am I doing that for? What's the goal?

This game needs to start releasing content JP style or they're going to start losing players. Players who have spent money and time on the game too, which is worse.

I bailed on Coby/Meppo after finishing sockets on Perona. That 48 hour experience wasn't fun, while maybe it lived up to the event's name of "rush hour" it didn't help that the singular unit I was after was surrounded by terrible drops overall. I don't mind if multiple events are running at once (it should actually be that way), but these additional FNs popping up for a limited time would've been simplified if we had a 3rd FN always running congruently with what we already have.

As per your comment about players quitting, the gem price increase has already changed the approach for some players, while continued unsuccessful Sugos I find are the biggest reason where those who have spent a lot - quit.

Blackbeard is tonight. I guess I'll try an Enel/Jozu team and see what I can do. I'd like to get BB skilled and socketed, but I'm also working tonight so my time will be cut by about 10 hours or so.

If you can manage 2x Enel with Lv1 despair, BB is the easiest raid. You don't even need to pay attention to with hitting combos as you chip him down. Having the WB ship is an added bonus for additional health. Last time he showed up I had Usopp/Ivan as my socket units. I don't know what your box is like, but hopefully you'll meet the requirements.

Fed some books.

Towel Nami 0/10, SLv3 (...)
Chore Boy Meppo 1/3, SLvMax
Minokoala 2/10, SLv3
Manticore 0/4, SLv1
Jozu 1/2, SLv5
Impact Usopp 1/4, SLv4
Shanks 0/5, Slv2

MiTYH

If you can manage 2x Enel with Lv1 despair, BB is the easiest raid. You don't even need to pay attention to with hitting combos as you chip him down. Having the WB ship is an added bonus for additional health. Last time he showed up I had Usopp/Ivan as my socket units. I don't know what your box is like, but hopefully you'll meet the requirements.

Is it really that simple as 2xEnel with Despair 1? Last time I took him on with an Enel/Jozu/Lucci/Kaku/Brook/G3 for sockets. I can run a similar team but I can do double Enel as well, if that's even safer (I might have lost once due to bad luck or timing)

Is it really that simple as 2xEnel with Despair 1? Last time I took him on with an Enel/Jozu/Lucci/Kaku/Brook/G3 for sockets. I can run a similar team but I can do double Enel as well, if that's even safer (I might have lost once due to bad luck or timing)

You might wanna make sure you burst down that final 20% with a double enel team antidespair, but otherwise it's relatively low risk.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

Just kind of echo'ing Neorice's comments above. It won't be the fastest team, but it's the most low risk based on having to repeatedly run the raid multiple times again (sometimes sanity and ease wins out more so versus time, depending on your farming situation). While you can't stay there forever, you'll have more than enough turns to take damage, heal and do the final burst when you get close to 20%. Just keep in mind when you use Enel's special to boost your QCK units, your HP will drop severely so you will need to finish him off on that turn.

40 Stamina:

• 100% to 51% Health, Blackbeard will deal 6,032 damage every 2 Turns
• 50% to 21% Health, Blackbeard Silences your Captain and deals 6,032 damage every 2 turns
• 20% Health and Below, Blackbeard uses Liberation – Silencing BOTH Captains and dealing 8,888 damage every 2 turns

His total HP is: 2,580,000
At 20% he'll have: 516,000 so your final goal is to burst more than this amount with your team when you use your specials.

One last note, obviously the higher LV your Enel is the better, for the full 2,340 HP heal with two captains at max. Good luck tonight!

Majukun

gonna farm Blackbeard with natural stamina tomorrow.. i'll get 5 copies just to arrive at 25 for 4 skillup needed, and the rest will be used immediately for sockets, not that I'll get a lot of extra copies.. I should get around 8 copies, so 5 on storage and 3 yolo

chrono01

- New story island
- Extra chance for meat from snails
- More useless Keys to Adventure
- Double drop on story islands
- No skill-up event!

H96UpkJ.gif

Totakeke

I'm getting as much Paulies as Kalifa. I presume that's not because I have godly luck.

Maybe that's because he's replaced by Aokiji now.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Japan has apparently had 2 skill ups since global last had one. They may end up having 3.

MiTYH

Just kind of echo'ing Neorice's comments above. It won't be the fastest team, but it's the most low risk based on having to repeatedly run the raid multiple times again (sometimes sanity and ease wins out more so versus time, depending on your farming situation). While you can't stay there forever, you'll have more than enough turns to take damage, heal and do the final burst when you get close to 20%. Just keep in mind when you use Enel's special to boost your QCK units, your HP will drop severely so you will need to finish him off on that turn.

40 Stamina:

• 100% to 51% Health, Blackbeard will deal 6,032 damage every 2 Turns
• 50% to 21% Health, Blackbeard Silences your Captain and deals 6,032 damage every 2 turns
• 20% Health and Below, Blackbeard uses Liberation – Silencing BOTH Captains and dealing 8,888 damage every 2 turns

His total HP is: 2,580,000
At 20% he'll have: 516,000 so your final goal is to burst more than this amount with your team when you use your specials.

One last note, obviously the higher LV your Enel is the better, for the full 2,340 HP heal with two captains at max. Good luck tonight!

Thanks for the advice! I'll give it a go tonight. I got a stamina refill so I'm at 190 or something, plenty of room for error if I mess up without feeling like a total failure

chrono01

Why is everyone saying keys are useless?
I remember when 80% of the posts here were tapping posts. :p
As mentioned, pigs drop pretty commonly on 30 stamina fortnights, so the Porc Sanctuary isn't as helpful as it once was. And the keys are even more useless when we don't even have the space to save them for colored turtles. :(

As mentioned, pigs drop pretty commonly on 30 stamina fortnights, so the Porc Sanctuary isn't as helpful as it once was. And the keys are even more useless when we don't even have the space to save them for colored turtles. :(

Not that we even get colored turtles all that often. More often than not, you'll end up saving the pigs for when it's their color to drop on whatever fortnight is running anyway. Japan had the full color turtle weekly schedule by this point in the game. Keys are pretty much only good for 1 evolved pig, maybe two if you're lucky, and a relatively low stamina cost for 1k XP.

Kyou

if a character gets locked their sockets still count right?

gonna try to farm some BB's with Enel/Enel/Capone/Iva/GP Usopp/Coby

either usopp gets locked and I can burst the shit out of him with coby or coby gets locked and I have extra time to get him down. Bonus is GP + Coby = Despair -1 :D

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I really hope we get another box increase at least, otherwise I'm in trouble at this point.
I'll wait to know what fortnight we have in line to understand how much.. like, if they put something with Capone skillbooks, I'm Inn real trouble
that being said, the more meat snail at the same time with the double drop rate on the tower of justice sounds really good... how difficult are the tower's stages? is the usual 'bring your slasher team' or there are some more tricky like stage 15 of water 7 (even though it the end it wasn't really that difficult)
Are you inn real trouble?

Totakeke

if a character gets locked their sockets still count right?

gonna try to farm some BB's with Enel/Enel/Capone/Iva/GP Usopp/Coby

either usopp gets locked and I can burst the shit out of him with coby or coby gets locked and I have extra time to get him down. Bonus is GP + Coby = Despair -1 :D

He's immune to debuffs?

Domino announced!

GaimeGuy

Where the fuck am I going to put my capone books? *sobs*

Also, here's the team I'm using:

Double Enel
Kaku/Capone
Doffy/Iva

Level 1 Bind/Silence/autoheal.

Doffy allows for stalling the red mob on stage 3.

Should probably switch Capone and Iva since you could hypothetically miss out on a second turn orb boosts if you get all psy/int/tanem/RCV orbs and Iva is the one locked.

Totakeke

Lol, I did so many things wrong yet got away with it. Got Hina locked instead of Usopp, then used Marco first instead of Enel and lost Marco's captain bonus. Used an Max Enel friend with +100 rcv and 5 despair sockets, and also usopp for the 5 despair sockets. Spent like 20 turns on Blackbeard himself. Used a team with three unevolved QCK characters too.

XOtI9sv.png

Glad I got him, but difficult to farm with the friend requirement and turns taken.

RedBoot

Actually glad to see Domino next, I'd much rather spend the next two weeks on Lucci and Duck Squad, so I'll get the fortnight units and call it done. Izo books would be nice, but yeah, I'd rather spend what space I have left on Marco books.

Not that fortnights are particularly challenging most of the time, but man, not getting Zephyr really hurts for Domino's restriction. Curiel and Wyper are good leads, but you need to have been lucky enough to get either. Tsuru and Absalom are acceptable, but it's actually been a while since either came around. Newish players might not have a decent lead.

Spinx

It felt like I got a semi-legend after I pulled him this sugo. :D

And the drop rate for his book is also really good so it was the perfect timing to pull him. :)

Teach is Blackbeard. You're thinking of Thatch. The dude Blackbeard killed to get the yami yami no mi. :p

People weren't kidding about Blackbeard being easy mode with 2x Enel and Anti-Despair. My team is 2x Enel, FN Kaku, Killer + G3 and GPU for AD Sockets. Many times I did not even need to use any skills; instead, I just attacked until he was dead.

GaimeGuy

People weren't kidding about Blackbeard being easy mode with 2x Enel and Anti-Despair. My team is 2x Enel, FN Kaku, Killer + G3 and GPU for AD Sockets. Many times I did not even need to use any skills; instead, I just attacked until he was dead.

Zehahahahaha

Top Bottom