• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Majukun

one stamina bar wasted, no Lucci dropped

I was hopeing I would be able to gain some time for the next event by getting one copy now...

MiTYH

Franky Farming made easy with double INThawk. Actually have a whole slasher team with Vista, Croc, Me3 and Prison Mr1. Works nicely, no stalling necessary (I use M3's turn9 delay on the last boss if my INThawk friend doesn't have the despair-level1 sockets)

Looking forward to more raids this week with no box space! Actually, the new story mode will be nice, if only to get the new ship and lose all my cola on that

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Franky Farming made easy with double INThawk. Actually have a whole slasher team with Vista, Croc, Me3 and Prison Mr1. Works nicely, no stalling necessary (I use M3's turn9 delay on the last boss if my INThawk friend doesn't have the despair-level1 sockets)

Looking forward to more raids this week with no box space! Actually, the new story mode will be nice, if only to get the new ship and lose all my cola on that

Watch them give us the buster call lol

Totakeke

mihawk again

Mihawk <.<

Wish we could get new raid bosses or some other content except fortnights or story islands. :/

They're still debating whether to release any SW characters. :p

Edit: Is the gap between global and japan getting wider? Feels like they have new characters teased every week.

Tidd

mihawk again

They're still debating whether to release any SW characters. :p

Tbh if they release them, it would motivate me a little more. But we are missing out on two training forests because of Zephyr and SW Characters. Furthermore they are great characters without replacement so far. But it's probably me being salty for owning SW Ace, who's just shit on global. <.<

But then even things like no skill ups for 202932923 years are annoying. And what about socket books? Since their introduction we got 0... Of course they should be rare but come on you can give them out a little bit more instead of giving us useless keys.

Whatever, I will run the new story island and do the new fortnight here and there but I slow it down for the next weeks for my own sanity. :D

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
They're probably throwing Mihawk at us again, given the INT Sugo from last week and anyone who may have been lucky to pull Legend Mihawk recently and will now aim to socket him. It would've been more exciting if say it was 1/2 stamina Mihawk raid, like JPN had got awhile back.

But it's anything to buy more time seemingly.

But it's probably me being salty for owning SW Ace, who's just shit on global. <.<

Nah don't be salty. I would love to have him, better have him now than later. I'm sure Bamco has a plan, granted the elephant in the room has reached Zunisha levels and it has legitimately effected a lot of things for GBL.

What's surprising me more so is how dead this month has been/will probably be in retrospect. I didn't expect the content to falter again given the ebbs and flows we've had to get to a point where GBL felt like it could get exciting. Outside of probably/definitely another Sugo next week and whatever repeat raids to close out the month... it's just very mundane.

I also wonder how players will react to/(if we get) a box space increase after the maintenance, given many have been using their books/copies, etc already in lue of the non 2x.

RedBoot

Edit: Is the gap between global and japan getting wider? Feels like they have new characters teased every week.

The worst part is, the most recent tease was for some characters from Movie 3, so that's more people we might never see in Global. That one actually kind of pissed me off, I can't blame them much for Zephyr/SW since they most likely weren't considering global licensing at the time, but doing it now just means they're knowingly making content only one version of the game will ever get.

Anyway, Japan's got colosseum units alongside new fortnights and raids, so that's why it feels like they get more stuff (I mean, they do, I guess). I also think they're getting new sugo batches at a faster rate than we are, but I haven't checked the dates on that one.

Didn't run Franky much since I don't really have any Frankies that I use much. Actually, now that I think about it, it's kind of lame that his fortnight returns a couple days before we can get a new free Franky from story mode. I'm complaining a lot in this post. :p

I'm going to blitz through the new story mode like usual, then I'll probably try to get some new CP9 units alongside running Lucci. I've got around 20 spaces left and I'm going to try to fill them all with Marco books.

HabeeNo

I remember Moz and Kiwi driving me nuts because one kept dropping and not the other.

Haha I was just looking for Frrrrranky since he's gonna make my yellow team less garbage lol

Red Haired Shanks
Marco the Phoenix
Coby 2.0
GP Usopp
Franky

Kiwi was more like a nice bonus lol

Kyou

The Franky fortnight is fun because it gets me using units I normally wouldn't but godDAMN does it give bad books

especially not having Vista, total junk. Also Chu refuses to gain even one level after like 30 books(I am getting like 4 at a time)

GaimeGuy

2a3aC8c.jpg

bjork

Unless I want to make a second raid Mihawk for some reason, I don't have to touch this Mihawk visit. That's kind of nice.

Just for fun:

What OP characters would you guys eventually like to see become legends?

Personally I think it's high time for a legend level Zoro & Sanji.

Majukun

mihawk is porbably here because hey know people are lamenting for the lack of space..so they gave us the raid boss with the least amount of people that don't have already its skill maxed,so that people can farm it for sockets and have no need to storage..the logical raid oss would have been aokiji since it's been a while since we had him

yesterday the farming at water 7 was a disaster despite a stamian refill..i don't wanna see that stage ever again,but at the same time now i'm out of things to do really..i wanted to do a couple of runs to franky,but all i care are vista books and i heard the droprate is really bad..and of all the story guys,i loosely need antoher croco (but since now the sunny is coming not anymore really),the aforementioned lucci from water 7 and maybe wapol for blackbeard teams but this one too isn't really a priority

might just end up doing young zeff again and use the curile books on the spot

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Zoro totally needs a legend version, maybe all the post-time skip straw hats will be legends (I doubt it, people would flip).

In other news, I haven't turned this game on in two days. GG Bandai.

MiTYH

Actually happy about Mihawk coming back, but that's just because I've got INThawk and could use more sockets. Odds are all the gems from this new story mode are going to that end

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Havent played the game for the last couple days...which is kinda nuts considering how into it i used to be - then again the last couple days i have been quite busy anyway.

That No Legend/Zephyr/Strong World Strawhats combo killed my vibe.

Majukun

wow,we actually got the update version of domino's island..that means that reall ONLY shooters have not reduced stats (those and evolvers/boosters)

i though they would have gave us the previous version so hat we could use cerebral/free spirit characters too,but doesn't seem to be the case...glad i have my wiper and my shooter team is leveled up enough

bjork

What's an ideal shooter team even look like without legend Ace and Zephyr?

Curiel/Curiel
Franky/Perona
GP Usopp/Blackbeard

?

Mr 4 might be interesting, but I'm not sure about him.

GaimeGuy

Curiel/Curiel
Franky/Perona
GP Usopp/Blackbeard

?

Each of the following shooters has over 1000 ATK:
Kuma
Blackbeard
Absalom
Tsuru
Curiel
SW Ace
Capone
PSY Enel
Voyage Franky
Dismantler Franky
Halloween Franky
Apoo
Izo
Don Krieg
Oars Jr

And then you have other units like Wyper, GPU, Sogeking, Perona, Mr 4, Braham, and Wapol, as well. Even Bazooka Ensign.

Make a STR Blackbeard shooter team, Double Wyper, or Double Curiel team.

I think I'll go with the following:
(SW Ace or Curiel)/Curiel
GPU/Tsuru
Blackbeard / (Wapol or Apoo)

Don't have Wyper, Mr 4, Oars Jr, Kuma, or Ace.

RedBoot

Also Chu refuses to gain even one level after like 30 books(I am getting like 4 at a time)

Ha, I think I've put a similar amount into him without gaining a single skill level either.

I mean, if he was bugged and couldn't gain skill levels, would anyone even notice?

Majukun

Curiel/Curiel
Franky/Perona
GP Usopp/Blackbeard

?

i'll go with

wiper (capt.)
sw ace/wiper (friend)
capone (since the minorhinoceros hits hard and it's STR)
don krieg (to poison kill the guys around domino in the boss stage)
curiel (stat stick and orb manipulation)
gp usopp (to stall the turns of lock domino gives..since we don't have a shooter bind reducer on global)

Tidd

Hmm I should do a turtle time for my int shooters. Time to look up when my 2nd turtle time is, because I certainly miss my... HOLY SHIT I didn't miss my first TT! It's in 10 minutes. Guess I'm lucky. :D

I'll go with this team for the Domino fortnight:

SW Ace/SW Ace
Tsuru/Don Krieg
GPU/Capone

bjork

Hmm I should do a turtle time for my int shooters. Time to look up when my 2nd turtle time is, because I certainly miss my... HOLY SHIT I didn't miss my first TT! It's in 10 minutes. Guess I'm lucky. :D

I'll go with this team for the Domino fortnight:

SW Ace/SW Ace
Tsuru/Don Krieg
GPU/Capone

You and the two other dudes that pulled SW Ace on global. Seems like I see every other legend many times over for each time I see Ace on there, heh.

RedBoot

i'll go with

wiper (capt.)
sw ace/wiper (friend)
capone (since the minorhinoceros hits hard and it's STR)
don krieg (to poison kill the guys around domino in the boss stage)
curiel (stat stick and orb manipulation)
gp usopp (to stall the turns of lock domino gives..since we don't have a shooter bind reducer on global)

LOL, just realized that if you don't have Capone, your best choices for QCK shooters are Lulu and that Street Punk Bounty Hunter from Water 7. Too bad we didn't get Nero's fortnight yet. :p

MiTYH

Fornights like Domino remind me how badly my shooters are leveled up.

I've got Curiel, so I'll run:

Friend/Curiel
OarsJr/Capone
Blackbeard/GPU

I figure BB and Oars, who are OK leveled, will do some good damage. I need to level up Curiel more which I'll be doing now, and GPU just for saftey

bjork

If I'm going by attack, I guess it'll be

Curiel x2
Blackbeard/Oars Jr
Capone/Kuma

But I think I want Perona in there. Guess I'll do what I always do, and play with a team until I get killed, then change it up and go from there.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

Ideally? Hybrid captains with INT shooter subs and then your choice of utility unit.

This fortnight's restrictions offer a couple of interesting challenges simply due to the current build for Global. The key thing about Zephyr being the 'free' shooter unit, was he had a 2.5x class boost and also a 1.75x class boost special. Then we lack the orb boosting shooter of SW Franky.

The best free (story/fortnight) units available to us currently are:

- Wyper (2.25x)
- Tsuru (2x)
- Absalom (2x)
Then for rare recruits:

- Oars. Jr (2.75x at 30% HP)
- SW Ace (3x with matching orbs and 2x without, 1.5x HP boost)
- Curiel (2x and 1.5x RCV boost)​

You'll more than likely have to run a rainbow team of sorts, to deal with the two mini bosses: Minorhinoceros (STR unit with 400,000 HP, attacks for 6,250) and secret stage Basilisk (DEX unit with 350,000 HP, attacks for 2,100 and 3,140 sub 20%). So here having a STR shooter sub (ie. Blackbeard) is probably the most ideal.

Domino has 790,000 HP and will pre-emptively lock your captain for 3 turns. After which she locks a random unit for 2 turns every 2 turns and the big one, is she locks your entire right side for 99 turns sub 20% HP. She's a PSY unit, so having INT hitters would be good and in particular, Don Krieg for his poison special. As she'll have 5 marines (30 HP) around her, all with a 1 turn counter, who have a very high defense and attack for 3,580. An alternative for fixed damage are shooters Perona and Kuma.

So your options are:

- either have a Lv3 Bind Resistance (somewhat improbable, due to the current Global build)
- bring a 3 turn unlocker (ie. Helmeppo who is a non-shooter) but in this case you'll need to boost down all of her HP (also somewhat improbable due to Global's current build), whilst taking care of the fodder with a special
- or keep it simple, delay with Usopp, fixed damage special for marines and attack accordingly being mindful of the locks​

I don't know if there is an actual optimal team for this fortnight, in regards to no-stalling, having the right orb booster, class booster, sockets, etc. All/most teams will have to stall somewhat and it's just a matter of how you approach the boss, as seemingly expect a unit to always potentially be locked.

GaimeGuy

Fuck, didn't really realize she had those marines with her.

So I yolo fed my 10 blackbeards, got my blackbeard from 1 bind to 5 bind (other socket is at 3/5 poison right now :X. 28 turn CD). My perona is level 92, but her CD is at 21 turns.

With the following team, I have 13 bind sockets:

Captain: Curiel L61 (CD: 18 turns. 1 bind socket)
Perona L92 (CD 21)
GPU Max Level (CD Max - 10 turns. 5 bind sockets)
Blackbeard L61 (CD 28, 5 bind sockets)
Capone L87 (CD 20, 2 bind sockets)

I have 20 Peronas set aside from fortnight rush do I dare yolo for some bind sockets?

Totakeke

Eh, a max-skilled Perona is too valuable. Unless you're going to be gunning for Boa/Capone books, it's not really worth it just for a fortnight.

I was like... I probably don't need to skill up Capone that much anyway since I want to use him with CP9 Kaku who has a 18 turns min CD like every other full board orb changer, but then I realized Ivankov can go down to 8 turns... which is super fast and probably too valuable to ignore. :p

MiTYH

Spent the day farming Wapol for no reason really, got nothing to show for it. Whatever, moving on to new fortnight and story mode! New ship! Decent story units! Skill books I can use! Mihawk coming for INThawk sockets! Gonna be a good week

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Spent the day farming Wapol for no reason really, got nothing to show for it. Whatever, moving on to new fortnight and story mode! New ship! Decent story units! Skill books I can use! Mihawk coming for INThawk sockets! Gonna be a good week

(How dare you be excited for this dead content...!!)

I'm really looking forward to the Sunny myself, been anticipating that ship for awhile. Good luck with the Mihawk sockets, hopefully that goes easy for you.

Top Bottom