• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Once I get the Sunny, I'll be able to give the WB forest a more serious go. I can make it to wave 19 but it seems like an RNG crap shoot to be able to kill Vista after Izo, Ace, and Rakuyo. At least having the the Sunny will make the Jozu/lobster stage trivial.

Majukun

wow analysing domino's fortnight I might skip Lucci farming... Capone and Izo books, domino is kinda decent with orb locking and lock/despair reducing and the basilisk is basically thatch for DEX characters

too bad I don't have much space in the box

bjork

Domino has 790,000 HP and will pre-emptively lock your captain for 3 turns. After which she locks a random unit for 2 turns every 2 turns and the big one, is she locks your entire right side for 99 turns sub 20% HP. She's a PSY unit, so having INT hitters would be good and in particular, Don Krieg for his poison special. As she'll have 5 marines (30 HP) around her, all with a 1 turn counter, who have a very high defense and attack for 3,580. An alternative for fixed damage are shooters Perona and Kuma.

So your options are:

- either have a Lv3 Bind Resistance (somewhat improbable, due to the current Global build)
- bring a 3 turn unlocker (ie. Helmeppo who is a non-shooter) but in this case you'll need to boost down all of her HP (also somewhat improbable due to Global's current build), whilst taking care of the fodder with a special
- or keep it simple, delay with Usopp, fixed damage special for marines and attack accordingly being mindful of the locks​

I don't know if there is an actual optimal team for this fortnight, in regards to no-stalling, having the right orb booster, class booster, sockets, etc. All/most teams will have to stall somewhat and it's just a matter of how you approach the boss, as seemingly expect a unit to always potentially be locked.

I don't mind stalling too much when it comes to fortnights. I'm pretty sure I'll go with Curiel as my captain because I don't want to cough up RCV with Wyper, if I'm stalling a bit. I like Perona and I have her skill maxed, but she's only got 20 more ATK than my Tsuru right now, plus Tsuru gets the type advantage. Maybe it'll be like so

Curiel/Curiel
Krieg/Tsuru
Usopp/(either Kuma or BB)

Huh, I just realized that I don't have a lot of high-level shooters, except Apoo and Capone since they're part of my Dex and Qck crews. Anyway, I think my team will end up being:

Curiel - Curiel
Blackbeard - Apoo
Krieg - Tsuru/Capone

Krieg's poison should be enough to handle the high-defense mobs.

chrono01

Huh, I just realized that I don't have a lot of high-level shooters, except Apoo and Capone since they're part of my Dex and Qck crews. Anyway, I think my team will end up being:

Curiel - Curiel
Blackbeard - Apoo
Krieg - Tsuru/Capone

Krieg's poison should be enough to handle the high-defense mobs.
Don't worry, just bring a Zephyr friend.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I have a pretty shoddy shooter team ready,

Wyper, BB, Curiel, Capone, GP Usopp going to be holding down the fort. Fear my lack of synergy.

MiTYH

ahaha,same here

using it to farm croco,hopefully

Good luck! Farming croc took for.ev.er for me .Got one copy and nope'd the hell out of there. I might try the poison-evo eventually but for now, it's good enough to have one copy

Actually getting a lot of meat today. Watch me get nothing for Mihawk day, or even tomorrow for the new island

Kumo

Wow I got rekt by Domino's lock. Went into it blind and used my Usopp too early lol.

Shooter teams are soo bad right now ._.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I beat her first try with:

SW Ace (friend)/Curiel
GPU/Perona
Blackbeard/Capone

But just barely. I think I'm going to swap perona out for tsuru: can save scum for extra RCV orbs and you get the type advantage damage against domino

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Lol Wyper isn't a very good captain for this fortnight, being unable to heal is rough on the last stage with all the locks. I died first time through, will see what teams are viable tomorrow.

RedBoot

Yeah, I did Domino 15 stam and while it wasn't hard, it definitely wasn't auto-win like most fortnights. I'm undecided on running Curiel or Wyper as the captain…sadly, they don't work particularly well together.

Did a few story mode levels and died on Kumadori's stage. We might be approaching the point where a rainbow slasher team won't be good enough, might have to adjust for each stage.

Also, while the Chicken got cut from the storyline, it's nice to see he's still hanging out in Jyabura's stage. :p

So Kumadori gets a def boost against everything but INT. It's a good thing (friend) legend Mihawk and Croc are a part of my slasher team.

Fukuro's defense is too damn high.

Majukun

my anti domino team was a success, not without hiccups but class restricted fortnights are like that.. now I will probably continue story mode.. anything I should know about some stages before I waste stamina?

Heng

Log Luffy's special's animation was perfect to end Lucci with. I didn't get lucky with any drops on my first run but I somehow got 3 cotton candy (all HP up :/) and maxed Thousand Sunny with 148 colas. Now what do I do with the rest of my cola?

I decided to max buggy ship because... Why not? And maxed it with 166 colas. Most of the failed came on the last level.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
208 cola to max Sunny, new ship get!

EL2 is no slouch, did not get a single drop of any notable worth on my story run. Everyone is semi-tanky and hits hard. All the CP9 units outside of Lucci and Kaku are immune to other types except their weaknesses. Some of the pirate fodder will blind and bind you as well.

If I had to choose a stage to farm Lucci it would 12. Although it's almost debatable even with how slow W7 was... that, that - may be in fact easier. Need to drop one still myself, so hopefully that happens in the coming days. QCK Lucci sprite looks really cool.

EDIT: Welp... he dropped in 7-8 runs on 12, no complaints whatsoever.

Majukun

wow,got almost killed by fyukuro...enel's capt special saved me..he also dropped for some reasons..but it seems like an useless character XD

ah_hia

Domino is such a pain. Wiped 4 times before getting it right. Stall until Sw ace is ready to kill minions with domino. Use GPU when her turn comes to 1. I got hit with her special 99 turn lock on 3 members and even got a 4th one locked as well. Shooters really are bad at the moment.

Majukun

Domino is such a pain. Wiped 4 times before getting it right. Stall until Sw ace is ready to kill minions with domino. Use GPU when her turn comes to 1. I got hit with her special 99 turn lock on 3 members and even got a 4th one locked as well. Shooters really are bad at the moment.

don't you have a perona or don kraig?
both their special wipe out all of domino's goons in one swoop so you can concentrate your attacks on her

Tidd

And done with the new story island. Needed 244 Cola for my Sunny. I believe at level 5-7 it failed the most. Island was easy enough with a slasher team. We have too many good dex slashers. Lucci has no chance against that. xP

Time for Domino!

Tidd

Argh Domino is sooooooo slow <.< It's easy with a 2x SW Ace team because you have a team with the HP of a Slasher team but also the chance to heal. But it takes so much time if you don't get matching orbs. v.v And the 3 turn lock at the beginning doesn't make it any faster. And getting lv.3 orbs on this team hahahaha I won't farm Tsuru or Don Krieg for that.

Well at least Capone books can drop from all? stages. Got one from stage 6.

Spoiler for completing the new story island (if you didn't know this from the japanese version):
SUNNY takes the place of Merry in every menu. ;)

Majukun

i'm still stuck at jabura waiting fro my stamina to refill...don't know how you guys managed to finish the island already

I tried to take on Domino 30 with this team and utterly failed (I limped along, barely surviving, until the 99 lock hit me).

bfB2fcO.png

I'm not even gonna bother with 30 stamina Domino lol,

Between finishing up the tower of justice for SUNNY & the Lucci fortnight it's not like I don't have alternative options for satisfying content.

Talking about the Lucci fortnight, who's a better investment to socket? QUICK LEOPARD Lucci or STR Lucci?

I've managed to get both during water 7 & just evolved the quick one.

I'm gonna assume the QUICK one's the better of the two to invest in.

Majukun

I'm not even gonna bother with 30 stamina Domino lol,

Between finishing up the tower of justice for SUNNY & the Lucci fortnight it's not like I don't have alternative options for satisfying content.

Talking about the Lucci fortnight, who's a better investment to socket? QUICK LEOPARD Lucci or STR Lucci?

I've managed to get both during water 7 & just evolved the quick one.

I'm gonna assume the QUICK one's the better of the two to invest in.

both are good,str lucci with bepo gives you full red orbs,while the qck one gives you 3 qck orbs..depends on what of your teams need more orb manipulation

also,while stats are more or less the same for both version,qck lucci has the tenth atk stat of all qck characters,japan included (so it's even higher on global),meanwhile str lucci, while still really good, it's way lower in terms of attack compared to the other str characters,since they are all focused on attack

both are good,str lucci with bepo gives you full red orbs,while the qck one gives you 3 qck orbs..depends on what of your teams need more orb manipulation

also,while stats are more or less the same for both version,qck lucci has the tenth atk stat of all qck characters,japan included (so it's even higher on global),meanwhile str lucci, while still really good, it's way lower in terms of attack compared to the other str characters,since they are all focused on attack

Yeah I was thinking QUICK is more desperate for a beatstick than STR.

I don't have much in terms of full-board manipulators for STR, but with LOG luffy being my go-to lead for anaything that requires STR (and a maxed Kidd) I don't have a lot of trouble getting a red orb on my final hitter usually.

Quick however has very little in terms of reliable orb manipulators. (I've got capone, Thatch & max skill jimbe but he's not that great a beatstick)

I think Lucci's biggest drawback is that he can't self-orb manipulate, which'd be useful considering his attack stat.

I don't have much in terms of full-board manipulators for STR, but with LOG luffy being my go-to lead for anaything that requires STR (and a maxed Kidd) I don't have a lot of trouble getting a red orb on my final hitter usually.

Quick however has very little in terms of reliable orb manipulators. (I've got capone, Thatch & max skill jimbe but he's not that great a beatstick)

I think Lucci's biggest drawback is that he can't self-orb manipulate, which'd be useful considering his attack stat.

QCK Lucci is the way to go, hands down. Consider QCK Lucci for your LL team with a guaranteed 3 QCK orbs. Add in a Doffy and two other QCK beatsticks and you have a team that'll take down any STR raid boss. Also note that QCK Lucci's starting cd is 18 while STR Lucci's min cd is 18, and you won't see that down from 25 for a long long time.

QCK Lucci is the way to go, hands down. Consider QCK Lucci for your LL team with a guaranteed 3 QCK orbs. Add in a Doffy and two other QCK beatsticks and you have a team that'll take down any STR raid boss. Also note that QCK Lucci's starting cd is 18 while STR Lucci's min cd is 18, and you won't see that down from 25 for a long long time.

Sounds good, what are the suggested sockets on Leopardboy?

Lock/Despair/profit?

Majukun

actually,qck is one of the clases with the most orb manipulators..between ivankov,capone,doma,story kaku,thatch you have plenty of ways to manipulate..only problem is that the only guaranteed full orb couple is capone and story kaku i think,and it's gonna be a while before we get kaku's skillbooks..the alternative is bringing a third member to get thoe last blue orbs

i don't even know what a legend is in this game,so don't talk me about LL teams :p

Sounds good, what are the suggested sockets on Leopardboy?

Lock/Despair/profit?

Lock, despair, and cooldown are probably the safest bets. I'm seeing a lot of alternative socket recommendations replacing despair with auto-heal since despair tends to not last for any more than two turns (if that), so it would make sense to put auto-heal on in it's place if you have a team that can support the auto-heal socket requirements as a LL team can. Personally, I'm inclined to lean towards CD since this game is very much a "the best defense is a good offense" type game so it pays to hit hard and fast. You can't go wrong either way though.

i don't even know what a legend is in this game,so don't talk me about LL teams :p

Well, that same logic applies to G3 teams when it comes to QCK Lucci. Just forget that healing and self orb manipulation are a thing and it'll be like you have your very own legend!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finally some new content to play - finished the Story Island, maxed Sunny with around 200-250 cola like the other Gaffers. Cleared Domino once for the stone but i dont think i will be farming that stage...teamed up my Wiper with Legend Ace and it still kinda took some effort.

Also evolved my Lucci i farmed way back then into his QCK version. I still need to farm Kaku for his 2 evos as well as another Lucci down the line.

btw. First time i played with Legend Ace - what a cool ass unit. You can see his ridiculous potential once Bamco decides to give us some of his key subs.

Tidd

I HATE THIS FORTNIGHT EVEN WITH SW ACE.

I will probably skip her this week, farm Lucci (fortnight + Enies Lobby) and next week I will try to get 25 Capone books which should be enough to get him to a decent skill level. (I already have 5. so 20 more!)

bjork

Did Domino 30 at work, didn't have time for anything else. That was quite a pain. Guess after I clear them all for the gem, I'll run 10s because to hell with shooter restrictions.

Top Bottom