• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Totakeke

Got Kaku on the first run on his stage so that was nice, no drops for anything else. Failed two times on Kumadori's stage. I think general strategy is just to bring whatever colors that is strong against the character in the stage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man this Domino fight is a pain in the ass. Running with a Kidd/Kidd striker team for the 15 and it still takes forever. Probably won't bother with the 30. Christ.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah fuck Domino and this Fortnight, i'm not doing 30 stamina until Zephyr is here.

which is never hueuheuhuehe

mileS

Coming up on my 100day login bonus! I'm also about to ding Pirate Lv. 100 as well. I'd be much higher but a good 60+ of those days were mostly just logging in and that's it. Once I started rounding out a few okay teams and getting good luck with Sugo's I found myself logging on more often to play.

The fortnights this week are slowing me down. Can't do 30stam for either. I should really use this time to catch up on story missions considering I'm still in Alabasta. At the same time I'd like to farm the 15stamn Lucci for Kaku sockets.

bjork

Got the minorhinoceros to show up and he dropped a Cricket skillbook. I thought rare encounters always drop their poster?

edit - scratch that, he showed up on the 10, too, and dropped nothing. I got the basilisk on the 30 run, so I assumed he was the common one.

Sn4ke_911

Got the minorhinoceros to show up and he dropped a Cricket skillbook. I thought rare encounters always drop their poster?

He isn't the rare one, that weird looking chicken is.

I was having trouble with the CP9 guys until I remembered that G3/Ray x2 + GP Usopp + 3 appropriately-colored beatsticks is practically ezmode.

And holy hell, that one purple marine in Ch.10...
How much health does he even have?

RedBoot

Got Kaku on the first run on his stage so that was nice, no drops for anything else. Failed two times on Kumadori's stage. I think general strategy is just to bring whatever colors that is strong against the character in the stage.

Yeah, I've only gotten through Fukuru's stage at this point, but I'm just going to bring a full slasher team of the appropriate color to each stage. Dreading having to do a PSY slasher team though. I want T-Bone. :p

MiTYH

Got Jabra and Lucci each on my first runthrough, so that was a welcome treat. Might spend some time farming for Kaku, or maybe Lucci farming the fortnight

EDIT: Sunny was maxxed out in 264 cola. Have a nice 300 and change left, should probably work on getting the others now. Thought it'd be worse

Kyou

The Domino fortnight can fuck off forever

Gonna farm some cp9. Starting with Kalifa because a red slasher team is easy to put together

Justice Tower is no joke.

I underestimated stage 3 because it was just a mob wave boss. The units there were tanking like crazy and my slasher team went down. I came back with a 2x Garp + GPU team to put them down.

I honestly can't remember the last time I died to a story mode stage. Probably Rainbase or Arbana.

bjork

Lucci was the one story drop I got this time, but last time I didn't get any, so this was nice. I had a tough time with a slasher team, but the sengoku team I normally use fared pretty well. Only got snuffed once.

Didn't have enough cola to max the sunny, because I stupidly tried to max the big top awhile back. But it seem like the sunny's rate is upped or something, so I'm not too worried.

HabeeNo

Got Kaku, Rob Lucci & Lulu this morning (on the Fortnight, not the story, since I'm still at Water 7 there)

Even though I got Heavy Artillery Curiel, I don't think I can beat Domino at 30, will probably stay at 15 and try to get her lol

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I haven't been struggling with Gates of Justice at all, but I'm cruising with double Rayleigh, socket maxed Log Luffy, Inthawk, Doffy, and Enel. They kind of ravage everything. Just swapped Inthawk and Enel for beatsticks of the right color for Jabra and Kaku.

Sn4ke_911

Oh yes baby!

Story Kaku dropped!

Edit: am i crazy or is his six powers form better than the giraffe?

Totakeke

Was going to start farming the Lucci FN, then realized that Kaku is in a rare stage, and also that the fortnight Lucci didn't seem to be that important to farm... so back to story mode farming it is.

RedBoot

Was going to start farming the Lucci FN, then realized that Kaku is in a rare stage, and also that the fortnight Lucci didn't seem to be that important to farm... so back to story mode farming it is.

Lulu's actually the rare spawn (though he seems to have an appearance rate of roughly 70% or so).

Fortnight Lucci's still one of the stronger QCK slashers out there, though we have a lot more of those available now than we did when it first appeared. Still useful for sockets, at least.

Totakeke

Lulu's actually the rare spawn (though he seems to have an appearance rate of roughly 70% or so).

Fortnight Lucci's still one of the stronger QCK slashers out there, though we have a lot more of those available now than we did when it first appeared. Still useful for sockets, at least.

Huh what, I saw Lulu on the first run but not Kaku. I might be hallucinating.

Yeah, useful for sockets but I don't have any other Luccis. Also don't have a slasher team base and don't see that being a priority anytime soon.

Upgrading Sunny:

1 t/m 7 in one go.

8 took 4 tries.

9 took 5 tries.

10 3 fails, now I'm out of cola.

Shame I didn't get that final level in, really need it at level 10 for it to replace merry.

Totakeke

Upgrading Sunny:

1 t/m 7 in one go.

8 took 4 tries.

9 took 5 tries.

10 3 fails, now I'm out of cola.

Shame I didn't get that final level in, really need it at level 10 for it to replace merry.

I only had a total of three failures, and that didn't seem uncommon from what I've read. You had awful luck. :(

Kyou

just going through trying to get CP9 while the getting's good

Got Kumadori easily enough, but Fukuro's stage suuuuuucks. Hate blind status

Heng

Which Kaku should I be socketing?
I don't really see myself using any other Kaku tbh, and I've rarely used the FN Kaku since Doflamingo. Still the FN Kaku is the one I most likely used.

Kaku is listed as a rare stage because he can occur on random stages. You're always guaranteed either Kaku or Lulu, which Reboot has mentioned the chances of getting Kaku. I'd say he may be worth it for you since you do have Sengoku.

Man I've gotten 3 stamina refills today and 2 yesterday... The chance of getting a stamina refill seems really high to me.

Increased meat appearance is a blessing and a curse. I haven't lost a run on 30 stamina Domino after 2 stamina refills but I've run into 2 problems. First, the fortnight takes too damn long! Fishing for orbs is pretty much mandatory so there's no easy way around it. And secondly, after 10+ runs my SW Ace friends stop repopulating on my friends list, not that I have very many to begin with.

I've been running this team and haven't had any trouble beating 30 stamina:

nOpb8sh.png

So long as I have two matching orbs on either Blackbeard, Ace, or Tsuru, I can oneshot Domino with Doffy's special active. Having lock sockets on Blackbeard, Usopp, and Doffy puts me at level 2 resistance so I can reroll orbs for 1 turn after I kill Domino's mob with either the Sunny or BB special and then kill her after the 1 turn lock on my captain wears off. It's also worth noting that Tsuru's special rerolls orbs as well as heals in case you get RNG screwed trying to get orbs to bring into the boss fight.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Got the sunny maxed in 160 cola. And now I have none.

Now to start saving up again, this time for the moby dick.

I haven't been struggling with Gates of Justice at all, but I'm cruising with double Rayleigh, socket maxed Log Luffy, Inthawk, Doffy, and Enel. They kind of ravage everything. Just swapped Inthawk and Enel for beatsticks of the right color for Jabra and Kaku.

Ray is pretty great for story mode clearing it seems. Being able to sub out whatever units I needed and still have a ton of socket abilities is pretty great. Having level 3 lock to laugh off any surprise attempts at locking your units is really satisfying. I just wish they'd give us some opportunities to get socket books so I can put some on Rayleigh himself.

I'm not sure if it's worth farming for any of the other CP9 units. Jabra isn't bad but he's just another INT beatstick when it comes down to it and I'm not really lacking in that right now. I was lucky enough to get my second Lucci drop after just a couple runs yesterday. Evolved my original one to his QCK form and evolved my second Kaku into his STR form. And I fully upgraded my Sunny with 182 cola. It's nice to feel like you're having some actual progress in the game instead of brainlessly running some fortnight that hardly gives you anything in return for weeks on end.

GaimeGuy

I don't think any of the CP9 units are really worth it except for QCK Lucci. The best Kaku is the Dex one which is RR

Failed only once at level 6 or so. Merry goodbye scene always get to me T___T, time to farm new islands or CP9s, got lucky with Kalifa drop. Not sure if any of them are worth farming a drop tbph, still aiming for story Eneru =/, played it so much discovered a super secrecy round where a rainbow penguin and elder seahorses appeared, should've screenshot it -_-;

GaimeGuy

Failed only once at level 6 or so. Merry goodbye scene always get to me T___T, time to farm new islands or CP9s, got lucky with Kalifa drop. Not sure if any of them are worth farming a drop tbph, still aiming for story Eneru =/, played it so much discovered a super secrecy round where a rainbow penguin and elder seahorses appeared, should've screenshot it -_-;
Lucci's QCK evolution is amazing.

8th highest QCK attack in the game (3rd non-RR, behind Raid Kizaru and Enel).

18th highest ATK for fighters (6th highest for non-RR, behind Nightmare Luffy, Rampage Chopper, Raid Kizaru, Gear 2 Luffy, and Colosseum Urouge)

2nd best non-legend QCK fighter (behind Raid Kizaru)

Amazing QCK sub since he has a special which changes all RCV orbs and/or adjacent orbs into QCK orbs.

Plus, 3 sockets.

RedBoot

Finished the rest of the new island tonight. I feel like Kumadori, Fukuru, and Kaku ended up being the toughest fights. Lucci was comparatively easy, but as a QCK unit he gets the full force of a Mihawk team. :p Now time to farm CP9. I do like that a few of the units show up twice (not that Croc seemed any easier to get from that). Luckily, I already have both Lucci evos from Water 7 (man, I really have a lot of Lucci socketing to do over the rest of the week).

Maxed the Sunny with 214 cola. Only failed six times (four of which were on 7 to 8). I much prefer the higher success rates coupled with the higher cola costs. Hell, just remove failure altogether and make the levels cost 20-30 cola. Much less frustrating. Still got 300 cola, so I guess that will go to whenever I finally get the Moby Dick, or maybe Kuro's ship.

Gonna start with Kalifa. I seem to get DEX story units really easily for some reason, so I'll test that theory. EDIT: No Kalifa (because I ran out of Mihawks, curse you Domino!), but I got Jabra after two tries. I'm okay with that.

Just farmed Kaku, only took a single stamina bar. neat!

What's his preferred evo?

/edit

And got Kalifa as well within like 5 runs.

I guess ... Jabra next lol. (nvmnd no good psy friend captains, I'll just try to get chessmarimo to waste stamina before leveling)

MiTYH

Been farming Lucci -- only got him to drop twice, Kaku a few more times, Lulu rarely but whatever for him. Mostly doing it for some (more) Ace books, and some more-needed Marco books. I'm happy enough with my CP9 Lucci and Jabra. I tried a bunch of Kaku farming yesterday but got no where. Due to the time it takes and lack of results, I'm sticking to FT farming at least until this Lucci is gone. Double drop will always come back

Totakeke

Got Lucci on the third stamina bar. Thank god. Was fearing that this was going to be another Mr. 2 situation with 400 runs with nothing to show.

Just got a bunch more cola from farming for chess and kuromarimo & did another upgrade, finishing thousand sunny!

a.k.a. bye bye merry, nice knowing you.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Maxed the Sunny with 214 cola. Only failed six times (four of which were on 7 to 8). I much prefer the higher success rates coupled with the higher cola costs. Hell, just remove failure altogether and make the levels cost 20-30 cola. Much less frustrating. Still got 300 cola, so I guess that will go to whenever I finally get the Moby Dick, or maybe Kuro's ship.

Some of the ships in the future, providing we get the training forests have a high success rate, the Ark Maxim for example has a 100% success rate.

Top Bottom