• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

MiTYH

Yellow CYO turtle time came in handy, and with the snail stamina refresh, managed to get in a ton of runs. Box space was the only issue as I had to keep powering up units to clear room.

I interally called Akoji coming back as the raid for this week. I'm okay with it considering last time I scrambled to get my PHY team ready (farming Impact Usopp to no end). Looking at my box I've only got 3 copies of him. So, I won't be going hard on this, but I'm in better shape for the (HOPEFUL) x2 skill up next week

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Yellow CYO turtle time came in handy, and with the snail stamina refresh, managed to get in a ton of runs. Box space was the only issue as I had to keep powering up units to clear room.

I interally called Akoji coming back as the raid for this week. I'm okay with it considering last time I scrambled to get my PHY team ready (farming Impact Usopp to no end). Looking at my box I've only got 3 copies of him. So, I won't be going hard on this, but I'm in better shape for the (HOPEFUL) x2 skill up next week

Aha

Ahaha

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

Totakeke

I hope a lot of people start feeding their skillbooks out of desperation.

It might appease the irony gods into giving us the skillup we desired.

If we believe that there are actually employees monitoring global and adjusting the schedule based on feedback and in game stats, then people giving up waiting and feeding will actually means they should delay skill-up event longer. :p

I think they're mostly on auto-pilot though.

i missed aokiji the first time (only raid boss i've missed i'm pretty sure)

i used 4 gems forgetting i was only on 40 stam and he didn't drop

so i've levelled my psy team up a ton and will try again (don't have sockets unfortunately)

Majukun

still missing 3 sockets on lucci..i might gem tomorrow to complete it since those are useless if i don't complete them..

what's depressing is that i got 2/2 useful sockets last time with 2 copies..but of the wrong guy (kaku instead of lucci)
if those had gone to lucci i would only need one despair -_-

i have 3 teams ready for aokiji

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...,223:70,418:99,425:99C4,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...9,223:70,418:99,30:99C1,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...,223:70,418:99,422:95C1,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

hopefully ONE will work

Heng

I hope a lot of people start feeding their skillbooks out of desperation.

It might appease the irony gods into giving us the skillup we desired.
I fed 20 Garps and got 6 skill up. Funny enough this is the best I've gotten with Garp, even during the times with double skill rate.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone else farming the Domino fortnight for Boa books? I knew the drop rate would be bad, but this is demoralizing.

I started farming on the weekend after finishing Lucci. I think I've done 400,000 xp so far, which netted 4 Boa books. The rate isn't just bad, it's terrible... from what I've seen Domino drops it herself and you can get it from Stage 5, where for me the yellow hermit crab dropped it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I started farming on the weekend after finishing Lucci. I think I've done 400,000 xp so far, which netted 4 Boa books. The rate isn't just bad, it's terrible... from what I've seen Domino drops it herself and you can get it from Stage 5, where for me the yellow hermit crab dropped it.

80 runs netted you like 4 books ? Thats criminal low...what the hell Bamco.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
80 runs netted you like 4 books ? Thats criminal low...what the hell Bamco.

Yeah, the drop rate is artificially low for no reason whatsoever. More so than any previous 'rare' skillbook or secret stage unit we've encountered. Domino being the single worst fortnight ever also does not help.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I've been running the 30sta every day with like 3-4 refills from Snails on average, and I have 3 Boa books. Must be around 100 runs by now.
Yeah, the drop rate is artificially low for no reason whatsoever. More so than any previous 'rare' skillbook or secret stage unit we've encountered. Domino being the single worst fortnight ever also does not help.

Okay i just checked her stats - apparently she only
needs 4 skills ups to be max skilled. Maybe thats the reason they implemented such a low drop rate for her.. still thats quite bad. Rayleigh and Whitebeard skillbooks werent that bad from what i remember.

koryuken

needs 4 skills ups to be max skilled. Maybe thats the reason they implemented such a low drop rate for her.. still thats quite bad. Rayleigh and Whitebeard skillbooks werent that bad from what i remember.

WB was 1000x better. I gemmed a lot but was able to get 2-3 skillbooks per day.

edit: I did find that running a BB STR shooter team is a LOT faster than even Legend Ace. Key is having Absalom to half the damage on the last stage so that you only take 50k instead of 100k.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

It really is painful. I've been doing 15 stamina because I can't beat 30 at the moment. It's probably not the brightest decision, but I really want Boa books if I can get them, and I'm still earning decent exp at my level.

I've probably done over 100 runs or so at this point and gotten 2 books. I wish I'd kept track, but I didn't get my first book to drop until 4 days of farming.

Looking it up on the reddit, 15 stamina has about a 2% chance and 30 stamina had a 7% chance.

I've gotten the minirhino up to level 52 just by feeding copies to itself by now.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Well yeah guys, Boa's special is incredible good so you gotta work hard for dem books yo.

At least you got lucky and got Boa :/

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well yeah guys, Boa's special is incredible good so you gotta work hard for dem books yo.

At least you got lucky and got Boa :/

That's true. It's just rough knowing that you are very likely making 0 progress. Even if I manage to get two more books through the remainder of this fortnight, the odds are still against me to get even 1 skill level up during a 2x event. That pretty much means a wasted effort on Boa. :(

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

I thought of that too... but we've had plenty of secret stage units requiring 4 skill ups as well and their encounter rate was decent enough with mass runs. Boa shouldn't be below that percentage just because she's a legend unit.

Comparably, Whitebeard had a decent drop rate with Kraken and didn't feel completely insurmountable. Rayleigh I didn't finish, but frankly we got those books early with the day/date Halloween forts JPN had.

It's just all feeling kind of scummy, given the laundry list of negatives lately.

edit: I did find that running a BB STR shooter team is a LOT faster than even Legend Ace. Key is having Absalom to half the damage on the last stage so that you only take 50k instead of 100k.

The Ace team or any full shooter team just requires too many mechanics to slog through Domino which is already way too slow as-is. I've settled into a BB team as well, it's just way more comfortable nuking that boss stage with specials.

Though, still, I'd gladly take one of your many Ace dupes off you. Just one please.

It really is painful. I've been doing 15 stamina because I can't beat 30 at the moment. It's probably not the brightest decision, but I really want Boa books if I can get them, and I'm still earning decent exp at my level.

I've probably done over 100 runs or so at this point and gotten 2 books. I wish I'd kept track, but I didn't get my first book to drop until 4 days of farming. Looking it up on the reddit, 15 stamina has about a 2% chance and 30 stamina had a 7% chance.

I've gotten the minirhino up to level 52 just by feeding copies to itself by now.

Anything Rhino just drops way, way too much.

As per Boa, I'm not gonna lie... the safest bet is probably in the range of a minimum 400 30 stamina runs. It's grotesque and especially since you're running 15 stamina, it might be anywhere from 1.5x to 2x the amount of runs you'll need. The community rarely collects data analysis for 15 stamina runs, so even what I'm saying is just an estimate.

I don't have Boa myself, but would still personally like to stash about 20 books if I can get them. I'm going to run the event myself thru the rest of the week and whatever I end up with, I end up with.

If I could lend my team over to help with your farming, I would. All I can say is keep it up and good luck with drops on your end!

bjork

Time to get this yellow turtle time knocked out. It's all for Marco, I think. I'm tired of mine being so low leveled.

Also, hearing Domino only needs 4 skill ups kinda makes me want to get it done. I've got like 30 gems saved up, if need be.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Anything Rhino just drops way, way too much.

As per Boa, I'm not gonna lie... the safest bet is probably in the range of a minimum 400 30 stamina runs. It's grotesque and especially since you're running 15 stamina, it might be anywhere from 1.5x to 2x the amount of runs you'll need. The community rarely collects data analysis for 15 stamina runs, so even what I'm saying is just an estimate.

I don't have Boa myself, but would still personally like to stash about 20 books if I can get them. I'm going to run the event myself thru the rest of the week and whatever I end up with, I end up with.

If I could lend my team over to help with your farming, I would. All I can say is keep it up and good luck with drops on your end!

Thanks! Good luck to you as well. I hope you get your 20 copies at least. I'll keep grinding it out and hope for the best. I've actually been keeping track of my drops on 15 stamina for adding onto the reddit stats. It surprisingly makes it easier to going since it adds some value to even poor runs.

At least after this, farming GPU books won't feel so bad anymore. :p

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
And you haven't even mentioned Minorhinoceros's 30 skill ups. I THOUGHT YOU WERE HARDCORE, LUCY!

Never! His rhino meat sells for a hefty price on the beli market.

I used to like to collect those monster-esque units, but not anymore. 30 skill ups outside of a 2x is just bad news bears.

koryuken

The Ace team or any full shooter team just requires too many mechanics to slog through Domino which is already way too slow as-is. I've settled into a BB team as well, it's just way more comfortable nuking that boss stage with specials.

Though, still, I'd gladly take one of your many Ace dupes off you. Just one please.

Take as many Ace dupes as you like :(

Kyou

Never! His rhino meat sells for a hefty price on the beli market.

I used to like to collect those monster-esque units, but not anymore. 30 skill ups outside of a 2x is just bad news bears.
That's only 240* copies!

*if you have perfectly average luck

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Friend Ace + Curiel is actually pretty easy even if you only have level 1 anti-lock.

Subs: GPU, Tsuru, Blackbeard, Capone.

You should be able to stall for everyones' specials (save for blackbeard) regardless of skill ups. And with Curiel as co-capitain, you'll be healing for ~1500 HP per meat, so you should go into the final battle at roughly max HP.

Start the fight off by Using either Sunny or Ace to clear the mobs (preferably sunny). Take 3 or 4 turns attacking Domino for damage, setting up for matching INT Orbs on Curiel and Tsuru ((and matching orbs on your other characters). Then use Ace + GPU specials and destroy her for good.

It's not fast, but it works every time.

Majukun

Double Enel, Prison Croc, Zoan Lucci, Kaku, and either Whitebeard or Mihawk?

yep,that..but it should actually be doable by putting doflamingo instead of kaku too

it'a an interesting team but i would need to stall for ages,so it would be my last choice really..the double garp team does pretty long runs already

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Nothing to yolo without giving up essentials?

Well yeah i sold a few evo mats but still 4 meat in 1 day is pretty damn crazy, there are times i don't even get one meat in a week.

The last snail was 2x cola.

Kyou

midnight turtle time means everyone put their marcos away

oh well, a return to the lax and methodical tandem navy officer team

Is it worth upgrading thousand sunny?

At max level it's basically Merry (1.5x boost) with the +300 hp bonus replaced by a 50000 typeless damage nuke.

While that's not gonna be the deciding factor in beating a raid boss health-wise, it's a lot more versatile/useful than a slight bump of 300 hp.

I'm sure there's people who've found good uses for it. (e.g. taking down fodder on certain fortnights or bosses)

leehom

I said WOW. I fully upgraded thousand merry with roughly 150 cola out of my 209 I had in stash. I think I only failed like 3-4 times overall.

In comparison, took me over 600+ cola to fully upgrade merry go.

Majukun

still trying to finish socketing lucci..problem is,the meat bonanza has ended and as of now i'm getting like 2 copies for every stamin bar...i only need 2 sockets (one cd and one despair),but i don't know if it's worth completing with such low drop rate..what would you guys do?

bjork

still trying to finish socketing lucci..problem is,the meat bonanza has ended and as of now i'm getting like 2 copies for every stamin bar...i only need 2 sockets (one cd and one despair),but i don't know if it's worth completing with such low drop rate..what would you guys do?

either run lower tier and hope for luck, or wait for it to come around again. I only got one Lucci run in because I've been lazy lately, but it's ok. He'll be back.

That one run didn't even give me a Kaku, btw. I got stupid Lulu, like who wants him?

bjork

Please, I'm a pro player, my Gin has been MAX/MAXed for ages

Haha, apologies!

I guess I should go do this turtle time since I missed yesterday's. I didn't even know there was one today...

Been too hooked on the Crows game, dudes don't drop every time, but when they do and you feed a dupe, it's a skill up every time. Takes a lot of the stress out of it.

Majukun

yep, decided to leave Lucci as it is.. i'll wait for when the fortnight returns.. I know it doesn't happen that often, but the drop rate is so low that I risk throwing away gems over gems and get nothing anyway

from tomorrow it's domino time

Top Bottom