• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
That 5 million xp meat is crazy. Going to hold onto it for awhile, however. Maxed my Lucci last week and have made slow progress on the other CP9 units I was able to pull.

Used my meat on a level 1 Capone. Feels kinda gross to go from level 1 to MAX with just 1 item.

edit: Need to see what some of the best teams to run Heracles are. I have all the good purple units.

Just use a Blackbeard team.

You only need 70,000 HP going into the boss fight. Minor chip damage, 2x specials and it'll wipe the whole boss stage. Stage 4 can be dealt with Kid's special, so you can bring him along as an option (unless the crab is QCK). Bring 2-3 other STR units, preferably with some sockets to perhaps lower your overall stall time. You can even throw GP in your team, to use on stage 4 for additional stall time, if you want to mow through Stages 1-3 quicker.

Or you could run an INT team.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
That 5 million xp meat is crazy. Going to hold onto it for awhile, however. Maxed my Lucci last week and have made slow progress on the other CP9 units I was able to pull.

Just use a Blackbeard team.

You only need 70,000 HP going into the boss fight. Minor chip damage, 2x specials and it'll wipe the whole boss stage. Stage 4 can be dealt with Kid's special, so you can bring him along as an option (unless the crab is QCK). Bring 2-3 other STR units, preferably with some sockets to perhaps lower your overall stall time. You can even throw GP in your team, to use on stage 4 for additional stall time, if you want to mow through Stages 1-3 quicker.

Or you could run an INT team.

Seems easy enough.

bjork

Got two stamina refills in a row. Now I want to play, but I rather save the stamina for all the stuff that starts tonight. Of course, I had the last two nights off when it was kinda slow, and I go back tonight right when everything is available. Booooo....

MiTYH

I always forget -- tonight at changeover (aka when raids start), do we immediately get new fortnights? Or is it in the few hours afterwards?

Majukun

so,what's your anti arlong team?

i'm going full eneru on him

2x ener
capone
ivankov
zoan lucci
hw zoro

gotta stall around 15 turns to use capone and hw zoro,but it should be doable with ener's auto heal

EDIT.on second thought,i might just swap doflamingo for hw zoro

MiTYH

well it does a full red orb table with wapol

Or Bepo, for a Powerhouse team. With both Bepo and Young Arlong, you get guaranteed full STR orbs (except maybe bother orbs). That's what I plan on making:

Legend Lucci x2
CP9 Kumadori
Young Arlong
Bepo

Last slot is either Little Oars Jr or Hack or Kuma. Still deciding.I still need some better RR CP9 units to make a rainbow team (Very close with a rainbow Fighter Powerhouse team of Legend Lucci, Namule (TEQ), Marco (PHY), Story Jabra (INT)), so for now I'll settle for a powerhouse STR team

mileS

Smoker 30stam seems easy enough. Mine is 4star level 91 so all these copies are going to help for sockets and getting me evolved to Biker.

Problem is there is too much to do right now. A good problem. One that makes me want to spend a few games for extra stam.

mileS

With all these new legends, I figured it's time to update our friend list doc that floats around here. I just added new columns for the new legends Croc and Lucci.

Quote to see

Thank you for this. Added a bunch of people tonight! plz accept if you have room.

*meant to edit first post. sorry.*

Majukun

Anyone can put a yellow fodder as captain? I need it for a mission at syrup village.. the lower the cost, the better, a penguin would be ideal

in alternative you can put a v1 shanks or a franky and I'll put the penguin as captain

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Anyone can put a yellow fodder as captain? I need it for a mission at syrup village.. the lower the cost, the better, a penguin would be ideal

in alternative you can put a v1 shanks or a franky and I'll put the penguin as captain
I put a hermit crab up.

RedBoot

Young Shanks is also a good captain for that particular mission. Low enough cost (18) that you can still put one or two non-evolution characters in, and his stats and captain ability (2x PSY attack) make the level easy. Not that Syrup Village is particularly challenging at this point. :p

Anyway, I somehow am missing a yellow crab, so I'll have to finish the Syrup missions later. I got lucky and got a cola drop, so at least that one took me less time than the Morgan's Base one.

Arlong's drop rate is looking kind of not great (only one so far), so that won't be a fun one to farm. At least Fossa and Rakuyo books seem to be dropping a lot. I'm running Enel x2, Kaku, Iva, Candy Sanji, and Brook. Iva/Sanji gets me 3+ matching orbs on average (Capone would be better, if I had him) and that combined with the Kaku boost can easily KO Arlong on the second turn (don't want to burst on turn 1 unless you know you can one-shot him). Brook's just there for the hell of it.

Majukun

Are Smoker and Arlong from extra island different versions from the farmable one on story?

smoker is the same one,but of course it's easier to get from his fortnight
for arlong depends on what arlong you are talking about,since he has 2 fortnights,one that like smoker has the same unit that appears in the story and the one that has young arlong (basically the one that started today) which is a different unit than the one from the story and the first fortnight

bonkeng

smoker is the same one,but of course it's easier to get from his fortnight
for arlong depends on what arlong you are talking about,since he has 2 fortnights,one that like smoker has the same unit that appears in the story and the one that has young arlong (basically the one that started today) which is a different unit than the one from the story and the first fortnight

Smoker is the same. Young arlong is different.Get both if you can.

Thanks guys.

Do they drop on the lowest difficulty too?

Are the Kimono Straw Hats good units?

Majukun

Thanks guys.

Do they drop on the lowest difficulty too?

Are the Kimono Straw Hats good units?

all the units drop at any difficulty,but the drop rate lowers the easier the stage is, so if you can,it's always advised to do the highest difficulty possible..apart maybe from the kuro fortnight because golden pound usopp skillbooks drop on 15 stamina but not on 30 stamina.

on the kimono units....kimono nami is a good unit,its basically a mirage tempo nami (story nami's second evolution) on steroids but with a slightly longer CD (8 vs 10) but way better stats

kimono zoro is a decent unit,we have been played this game for over a year and have better unit that have the same type,class or special but if you are just starting a -2 on bind it's not bad at all,and his stats are decent

for kimono luffy the same thing is valid..there are better units out there,but if you are just starting (and probably have no easy access to sockets), -3 despair it's good,and his sats are again,decent enough

bonkeng

all the units drop at any difficulty,but the drop rate lowers the easier the stage is, so if you can,it's always advised to do the highest difficulty possible..apart maybe from the kuro fortnight because golden pound usopp skillbooks drop on 15 stamina but not on 30 stamina.

on the kimono units....kimono nami is a good unit,its basically a mirage tempo nami (story nami's second evolution) on steroids but with a slightly longer CD (8 vs 10) but way better stats

kimono zoro is a decent unit,we have been played this game for over a year and have better unit that have the same type,class or special but if you are just starting a -2 on bind it's not bad at all,and his stats are decent

for kimono luffy the same thing is valid..there are better units out there,but if you are just starting (and probably have no easy access to sockets), -3 despair it's good,and his sats are again,decent enough

Thanks for the input. Which of the 3 should i focus on farming? Arlong, Smoker or the Kimonos? I can only do a few runs each day. I understand that Arlong has 2 weeks, Smoker 1 week, and Kimono is only a few days. Should i get multiple copies or 1 copy is enough?

Majukun

Thanks for the input. Which of the 3 should i focus on farming? Arlong, Smoker or the Kimonos? I can only do a few runs each day. I understand that Arlong has 2 weeks, Smoker 1 week, and Kimono is only a few days. Should i get multiple copies or 1 copy is enough?

depends on what characters do you have,how much stamina do you have and so on..generally all those units are units you should get,but what to prioritize depends on what characters you can immediately use for farm other stuff,thus i need to know what captains you have

about the multiple copies or not,yes the objective should be to get multiple copies and then wait ffor the 2x skillup event to level up their skills and get sockets,BUT if you don't have that much stamina you might not be able to farm them effectively ..count that you need tons of copies to max their skills and generally a good amount to make their skills "usable" (by usable it's usually intended with a <20 CD),so just getting a couple copies of each would not help you that much

just based on the number of characters and duration,i would say go for the kimono first (3 characters to get,1 week),then smoker (1 character,1 week) and then arlong (3 characters,2 weeks)

for anything other than that,i need more info

bonkeng

depends on what characters do you have,how much stamina do you have and so on..generally all those units are units you should get,but what to prioritize depends on what characters you can immediately use for farm other stuff,thus i need to know what captains you have

about the multiple copies or not,yes the objective should be to get multiple copies and then wait ffor the 2x skillup event to level up their skills and get sockets,BUT if you don't have that much stamina you might not be able to farm them effectively ..count that you need tons of copies to max their skills and generally a good amount to make their skills "usable" (by usable it's usually intended with a <20 CD),so just getting a couple copies of each would not help you that much

just based on the number of characters and duration,i would say go for the kimono first (3 characters to get,1 week),then smoker (1 character,1 week) and then arlong (3 characters,2 weeks)

for anything other than that,i need more info

My units are Log Luffy, 4* Bonney, 3* Absalom, Bazooka Luffy, 3* Usopp, 4* Phoenix Zoro, 3* Sanji.

Stamina 35.

I just realized, Smoker is harder for me because the rookie is 10 stamina, veteran is 15. While Arlong and Kimono are 5 for rookie and 10 for veteran.

linkent

My units are Log Luffy, 4* Bonney, 3* Absalom, Bazooka Luffy, 3* Usopp, 4* Phoenix Zoro, 3* Sanji.

Stamina 35.

I just realized, Smoker is harder for me because the rookie is 10 stamina, veteran is 15. While Arlong and Kimono are 5 for rookie and 10 for veteran.

definitely recommend that you socket up LogLuffy fast, as he could do many raid boss including Aokiji which really require Bind+Despair.
Also for Impact Usopp if you have him.

You can also choose to farm Halloween part1 instead where you can get HW Usopp as Impact Usopp replacement. But he is a rare spawn here so harder to socket.

Since you are quite new now, Focus on getting 1 copy of each new unit, it will be useful in the future.
Evolve that Usopp to Golden Pound Usopp(He has 2 2nd step evolution, and it is the alternate version with the yellow crab)
, and never ever evolve him anymore unless you got another Copy.

with LLuffy, you will be able to farm Mihawk easily
LL x2, Arlong, GPUsopp, another 2 red unit.

bonkeng

definitely recommend that you socket up LogLuffy fast, as he could do many raid boss including Aokiji which really require Bind+Despair.
Also for Impact Usopp if you have him.

You can also choose to farm Halloween part1 instead where you can get HW Usopp as Impact Usopp replacement. But he is a rare spawn here so harder to socket.

Since you are quite new now, Focus on getting 1 copy of each new unit, it will be useful in the future.
Evolve that Usopp to Golden Pound Usopp(He has 2 2nd step evolution, and it is the alternate version with the yellow crab)
, and never ever evolve him anymore unless you got another Copy.

with LLuffy, you will be able to farm Mihawk easily
LL x2, Arlong, GPUsopp, another 2 red unit.

My Usopp is ready to evolve. But no materials required lol. The one with 3 materials the better one right?

Just got Arlong, I'll use him in my team.

My team currently:

Log Luffy
Arlong
Sanji
Zoro (evolved 1 time)
Usopp

LLuffy cost a lot, but i got him to max using the meat. So at least got 1 strong unit. How does socketing works? Should i just feed the normal Luffy to LLuffy?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anyone in my friendlist that can put up 2* Morgan for a bit ?
LLuffy cost a lot, but i got him to max using the meat. So at least got 1 strong unit. How does socketing works? Should i just feed the normal Luffy to LLuffy?

Exactly - just make sure you know before which sockets you are gunning for and you are good to go. With LL socketed, Arlong, Smoker and and getting Mihawk soon you already will have a very solid team.

Eidjinn

Hey, I've being playing this game for a month more or less, and I need some help. So I'll post my units and then I'll post a few questions:

http://imgur.com/a/6SeLa

(learned to post pics!)

Now, the questions: can I build a team that can go against raid bosses?
If no, than which units should I hunt?
I'm trying to evolve Crocodile to that Slasher form, Killer and X Drake to evolved forms and as for hunting characters, I'm going to see if I can get Kimono Nami. Any other important units I should get?
I really want to start doing the raid bosses!

cw_sasuke

Eidjinn,

you have G3 Luffy who is one of the best leads in the game. You should be able to clear a couple of raids with the right subs. Your priority should be getting and maxing Mihawk - which is a joke with G3, Alvida, Arlong, Golden Pound etc.

Once you have Mihawk you can start working on your Slasher team and start preparing for the next Raids with G3/Mihawk.
Should be up.

Awesome thanks !!

bonkeng

Anyone in my friendlist that can put up 2* Morgan for a bit ?

Exactly - just make sure you know before which sockets you are gunning for and you are good to go. With LL socketed, Arlong, Smoker and and getting Mihawk soon you already will have a very solid team.

What's a good socket for LL? Do sockets carry over when I can finally evolve LL?

And where do we get Mihawk?

Eidjinn

Eidjinn,

you have G3 Luffy who is one of the best leads in the game. You should be able to clear a couple of raids with the right subs. Your priority should be getting and maxing Mihawk - which is a joke with G3, Alvida, Arlong, Golden Pound etc.

Once you have Mihawk you can start working on your Slasher team and start preparing for the next Raids with G3/Mihawk.

Awesome thanks !!

But are my units enough for the Mihawk??
Do I lack anything?

cw_sasuke

What's a good socket for LL? Do sockets carry over when I can finally evolve LL?

And where do we get Mihawk?
Dont start socketing LL before you have evolved him since he gains a slot. Also dont bother with his evolution if you cant afford it teamcost wise. I dont run LL so i will let other speak on the best Sockets from him - Bind/Despair are must haves but the other 2 depend on your goals/playstyle.

Mihawk is a Raidboss and they show up frequently per Week. This week we get Heracles, might be a while until Mihawk is back in Rotation.
But are my units enough for the Mihawk??
Do I lack anything?
Nah you are fine as long as you units are leveled enough - G3 destroys Mihawk.

linkent

Actually, I have another question: how can I upgrade Usopp GP's special downtime?

as Maju said, there will be his skill books sooner or later to skill up special.
also looking your account, consider not evolving that streaming wolf zoro aka SWS Zoro.
his special can be useful and the evolved version has the same captain skill.

SWS Zoro are used in Whitebeard's Forest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=somKKBbrtvM&list=PLoZejy6GIGcWbZQdt8i8oKsBPfVEJJU-I&index=3

Forest are the hardest content in the game 0 stamina but reward with ships.

For Mihawk,
2 G3+Alvida+Kumadori+Arlong+GP should be easy.

just look for stalling guide. and burst him down with kumadori 2 turn orb locks during GP delays.

MiTYH

Young Arlong fortnight is easy if you've got enough autoheal to negate the poison. Currently running this team:

Friend Doffy
INTHawk lead
Fortnight Brook
Halloween Zoro
Zoan Lucci
Story Arlong

Idea is to stall as needed without taking damage. Hit Arlong once, take damage, hit again, trigger enrage. Use Zoro's delay, and defeat.

Only time I hit a snag was when Cho showed up -- depair'd captains, lost my health bonus from Doffy, and BARELY made it through arlong -- had to get lucky with orbs via Lucci. But it all worked out. Have all three bosses now (Kuroobi drops almost every time), and starting to get some good books

Actually, I have another question: how can I upgrade Usopp GP's special downtime?

The way to reduce the cool down on any unit's skill is through the Power Up menu. By using Manuals/Skillbooks for that particular skill, another unit with the exact same skill or duplicates of the unit there is a small chance the skill level will increase. When it does, the turns required before the skill can be used is reduced. Every unit has a different max skill level. In GPU's case, his skill can be reduced 5 times, bringing it down to 10 turns. GPU Manuals are rare drops from the Kuro Fortnight, Ducksquad Fortnight and Usopp'un Raid + a few stages Global has yet to receive (
Impostor Straw Hats Raid + Oars battle
)

Here is a good tool to use that has every unit's information + a listing of each farmable unit's drop location and skillbook locations.
http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/search/

cw_sasuke

Man i completely misjudged how bad Morgans active is...i will have to try again Tidd once you log back in xD

Majukun

Man i completely misjudged how bad Morgans active is...i will have to try again Tidd once you log back in xD

i brought mine plus a freund captain one just to be sure to get it on first try,and i still had to eat a hit from kuro because i wouldn't be able to kill him with the special otherwise

Tidd

Free gem. Bandai is helping me to farm Heracles. <3

Done. XD
Yeah I had to attack him till he had a few pixel of health left. Used some pretty random team with Young Shanks/Psy Hachi as captains and then random units. I believe I Attacke Kuro exclusively with Morgan's normal attack because I was scared to kill him.

Majukun

Done. XD
Yeah I had to attack him till he had a few pixel of health left. Used some pretty random team with Young Shanks/Psy Hachi as captains and then random units. I believe I Attacke Kuro exclusively with Morgan's normal attack because I was scared to kill him.

still don't understand what the mistake that granted us a gem was and how that was worth a gem,but the botched skill description of legend croco wasn't

Tidd

still don't understand what the mistake that granted us a gem was and how that was worth a gem,but the botched skill description of legend croco wasn't

And it looks like the date for the Facebook event was wrong. But they just fixed it and stated that it was wrong. Who knows what they are thinking. o_O

They even fixed the green INT in the announcement to purple. xD

cw_sasuke

i brought mine plus a freund captain one just to be sure to get it on first try,and i still had to eat a hit from kuro because i wouldn't be able to kill him with the special otherwise
Would have done the same... but I think I sold my 2* Morgan a while ago to free up some space. Had Tidd for the Rescue though.

Done XD

Thanks,
Cleared it on my second attempt. Yeah I had to attack with Morgan like 10 times, followed by Mihawks special and finished it with Morgan xD

and yeah free gems are always nice, how many copies of Heracles will you try to farm?

Tidd

and yeah free gems are always nice, how many copies of Heracles will you try to farm?

I guess I will farm 70 copies, which equals only 15gems + 1 level up. With the average 1 in 5 skill ups it should be enough to max skill him. And hopefully get the right sockets. Bind, Despair and Matching orbs! My SW Ace will be happy to have a friend. xD

Top Bottom