• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I guess I will farm 70 copies, which equals only 15gems + 1 level up. With the average 1 in 5 skill ups it should be enough to max skill him. And hopefully get the right sockets. Bind, Despair and Matching orbs! My SW Ace will be happy to have a friend. xD
Nice, I think I will do the same and hope for the same result. If its as easy I hope it is with Blackbeard I should be able to get 40-50 through the day.. Maybe even more.

And yeah it's nice to see that Ace is getting some love through farmables subs.

Majukun

I guess I will farm 70 copies, which equals only 15gems + 1 level up. With the average 1 in 5 skill ups it should be enough to max skill him. And hopefully get the right sockets. Bind, Despair and Matching orbs! My SW Ace will be happy to have a friend. xD

heracles "only" has 13 skillup instead of the usual 15 though,so with normal luck you should need around 65 copies

Hana-Bi

Don't know if I should run the Kimono fortnight at all (skill levels are still quite low). I think I'll focus on Arlong and Heracles and then switch to the Halloween fortnights.

MiTYH

Don't know if I should run the Kimono fortnight at all (skill levels are still quite low). I think I'll focus on Arlong and Heracles and then switch to the Halloween fortnights.

It all depends on your units you want to socket. Luffy gets Afro luffy FT, so that's not worth it. Nami is random, too risky for stamina, leaving only Zoro as a reliable drop. Personally, not worth it for me.

bjork

I want to socket a Log Zoro and an Asura, and possibly finish my G3. But I want to run Arlong a bunch, too. Plus there are missions... today is a busy OP day.

MiTYH

I want to socket a Log Zoro and an Asura, and possibly finish my G3. But I want to run Arlong a bunch, too. Plus there are missions... today is a busy OP day.

Eh, missions are here forever, I won't waste stamina on them until a boring FT rotation

bjork

Eh, missions are here forever, I won't waste stamina on them until a boring FT rotation

I've generally tried to clear content day one, with the exception being the coffin ship and the Moby Dick. Got the coffin ship eventually, but I still don't have a team for the Moby Dick, so I've only run it once.

Heng

Hey, I've being playing this game for a month more or less, and I need some help. So I'll post my units and then I'll post a few questions:

http://imgur.com/a/6SeLa

(learned to post pics!)

Now, the questions: can I build a team that can go against raid bosses?
If no, than which units should I hunt?
I'm trying to evolve Crocodile to that Slasher form, Killer and X Drake to evolved forms and as for hunting characters, I'm going to see if I can get Kimono Nami. Any other important units I should get?
I really want to start doing the raid bosses!
You may be able to take down Mihawk when he comes back, but you may want to reroll accounts before you go any further. Towards the end game, you'll be kicking yourself for joining the NLC4L. Rerolling isn't necessary but it does help out a lot.

If you decide to keep your account, the team for Mihawk is:
G3+G3(friend)
Alvida, GP Usopp
Kumadori, Smoker.

It won't be a walk in the park with this team either. You may not have enough health to stall before Mihawk and you have to hit perfect on all your characters. I don't know if there's any other raids you can do tbh. Also try your best to get young Arlong, he's a very good unit.

What's a good socket for LL? Do sockets carry over when I can finally evolve LL?

And where do we get Mihawk?
Sockets do carry over when you evolve. I would suggest Bind/Despair and pick 2 out of the choices between Special charge down, auto heal, or orb matching. Sasuke is right if you can evolve him, you may as well wait to socket him but if you can't evolve him or cannot afford to evolve him due to team cost, you may as well start socketing his unevolved form.

You can get Mihawk once his raid comes back. We don't know when he'll be back since there is no set schedule on who comes every Thursday/Friday.

Eidjinn

You may be able to take down Mihawk when he comes back, but you may want to reroll accounts before you go any further. Towards the end game, you'll be kicking yourself for joining the NLC4L. Rerolling isn't necessary but it does help out a lot.

If you decide to keep your account, the team for Mihawk is:
G3+G3(friend)
Alvida, GP Usopp
Kumadori, Smoker.

It won't be a walk in the park with this team either. You may not have enough health to stall before Mihawk and you have to hit perfect on all your characters. I don't know if there's any other raids you can do tbh. Also try your best to get young Arlong, he's a very good unit.

Sockets do carry over when you evolve. I would suggest Bind/Despair and pick 2 out of the choices between Special charge down, auto heal, or orb matching. Sasuke is right if you can evolve him, you may as well wait to socket him but if you can't evolve him or cannot afford to evolve him due to team cost, you may as well start socketing his unevolved form.

You can get Mihawk once his raid comes back. We don't know when he'll be back since there is no set schedule on who comes every Thursday/Friday.

What is NLC4L?

And against any other good raid boss... I have no chance with the characters I have?

What is NLC4L?

And against any other good raid boss... I have no chance with the characters I have?

NLC4L = No Legend Club 4 Life!

While you may have a chance, I think what Heng is trying to get you to realize is that your life will be MUCH easier if you start with a Legend. I've been playing this game since a week after it came out and I still don't have a legend. While it wasn't that big of a deal at first, it's really starting to slow me down now. I've had real trouble with the past couple of raid bosses and I even had a little bit of trouble finishing off the last Story mission.

Contrast that to my Japanese account, where I have 4 Legends. Even though that account doesn't have a player level that's even half of my Global account, I still have a MUCH easier time on that account.

It may seem backwards now, but you really might want to consider it as an option. If you choose not to, I would completely understand, since I wouldn't give up my Global account either, but we're kind of in different situations too.

Majukun

NLC4L = No Legend Club 4 Lyfe!

While you may have a chance, I think what Heng is trying to get you to realize is that your life will be MUCH easier if you start with a Legend. I've been playing this game since a week after it came out and I still don't have a legend. While it wasn't that big of a deal at first, it's really starting to slow me down now. I've had real trouble with the past couple of raid bosses and I even had a little bit of trouble finishing off the last Story mission.

Contrast that to my Japanese account, where I have 4 Legends. Even though that account doesn't have a player level that's even half of my Global account, I still have a MUCH easier time on that account.

It may seem backwards now, but you really might want to consider it as an option. If you choose not to, I would completely understand, since I wouldn't give up my Global account either, but we're kind of in different situations too.
being the president of the NLC4L I can't agree more.. if you can i suggest you re-roll and get yourself a good 6 star unit

Heng

What is NLC4L?

NLC4L = No Legend Club 4 Life!

Well said. I know it'll suck losing the progress you've made now, but in the end it'll pay off.

I totally forgot that fat Usopp was out, so there's another raid you can clear. As for other raid bosses with your current group, no. For Monster Chopper, you'll need at least higher levels or just better units. Garp, you would need certain sockets and better INT units. Blackbeard will also require better captain/QCK units as well. You might stand a chance with Monster Chopper if you get Mihawk and a few more slashers.

If you're fine with spending gems to clear these bosses (not recommended) then you can probably clear the 20 stamina versions. The don't guarantee drops though. You could also gem until you clear the 40 stamina, but you'll probably be forced to spend 5+ gems per each run.

RedBoot

The usefull skill book drop rate for the Young Arlong FN seems... poor.

I've been getting a decent amount of Fossa books, at least. Bellemere and Gedatsu seem the most common, which isn't exactly setting the world on fire. Haven't seen Kid yet, but then I maxed him already so I'd actually rather have Chuu books (since he could be vaguely useful with Towel Nami if you somehow manage to max him).

Heng

Why is the Smoker fortnight more expensive than the others? 10 15 15 30, instead of 5 10 15 30
Iirc, Smoker island came out before 30 stamina was a thing and it was normal to have fortnights with a 5/15/15 set up like Alvida and maybe Arlong. It wasn't until they introduced 30 stamina when the 5/10/15 build became a standard.

Arlong is so easy with LLuffy + Enel with Alvida and all my strongest QCK units. There's only 3 stages where I can't kill everyone in 1 turn, but at least I can 2 shot Arlong without a problem.

cw_sasuke

https://www.facebook.com/treasurecruise.onepiece

Let's celebrate 10 Million downloads with "Make it Your Sugo-Fest!" Choose the characters by voting for them on Facebook and see them in Sugo-Fest from May 19th (19:00) to May 21st (18:59) PST!
So what is "Make it Your Sugo-Fest"?
Super Rare and Ultra Super Rare characters from previous Sugo-Fests will be divided into 7 groups of 4 characters. To vote for your favorites, just hit the 'Like' button on their picture. The top 3 Super Rare and top 3 Ultra Super Rare characters will make their appearance in Sugo-Fest starting May 19th from (19:00) PST.
Plus, if this album gets shared 5000 times during the voting period, we'll give you 10
Rainbow Gems free!
Voting period: May 12 (19:00) - May 15 (18:59) PST
Results announced: May 16 from (19:00) PST
Rewards distributed: May 19 from (19:00) PST

Sounds good - 10 Gems if the community pulls it off.

Just to be sure...Ultra Super Rare are not Legend units right ?

Spinx

Silver. Shit
Silver. Nooo
Yaaaaaaay

Y7sNmeK.jpg

Kyou

https://www.facebook.com/treasurecruise.onepiece

Sounds good - 10 Gems if the community pulls it off.

Just to be sure...Ultra Super Rare are not Legend units right ?

I would think if they meant legends they'd say "Sugo Rare" but that term seems to come and go a lot even within the game. I guess legends won't be "returning" since they're there for every Sugofest. So is this going to be stuff like Valentines and New Years units?

Cool event though. Can't wait for my new Chu and Mr. 3 I mean free gems for the sugofest.

cw_sasuke

I would think if they meant legends they'd say "Sugo Rare" but that term seems to come and go a lot even within the game. I guess legends won't be "returning" since they're there for every Sugofest. So is this going to be stuff like Valentines and New Years units?

Cool event though. Can't wait for my new Chu and Mr. 3 I mean free gems for the sugofest.

Sounds about right - i just thought the voted Sugo Legends might have a higher appearance rate than than the standard Sugo units. At least i thought that was the case when Japan has these type of voting events.

Pulled 14 times on the latest Japanese Sugo and got....pretty much crap. A lot of dupes and....crap.

BUT MAYBE THAT MEANS GOOD THINGS FOR MY GLOBAL PULLS??

No

bjork

Double drop rate today in Syrup Village, for any dudes trying to polish off the missions. I needs me a purple turtle drop and a cola, and I'm done.

Then it's on to Arlong and Kimono island, I just decided to run 15s on both and whatever I get, I get.

bjork

Syrup Village is done. Took a total of 11 runs between level 2 for the purple turtle, and the final stage for cola. Now I have a new boat but I haven't even maxed Sunny yet, so...

The new Legend Law looks pretty sweet. Very comparable Captain damage with Log Luffy + a unique Skill.

Captain Ability: 2x Atk for Slashers and Free Spirit units. After 3 perfects that goes up to 3x and after 5 perfects it becomes 4x.
Ex - If all perfects are hit the multipliers would be 2x, 2x, 2x, 3x, 3x, 4x.

Skill:
Stage 1 - Damage from Slasher and Free Spirit units' Skills ignore enemies' defensive effects. PSY damage to 1 enemy.
Stage 2 - Same effect as above but for all units. Large PSY damage to 1 enemy.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So.. legend law sounds broken.

PSY slasher/Freedom unit
5 sockets
Max stats with CC (I am guessing this guy used 100 HP and 100 ATK, so subtract 500 HP and 200 ATK for base max stats.):
HP: 3290 (2790 without CC?)
Atk: 1684 (1484 without CC?)
Rcv: 470

Captain Ability: Double slasher and freedom attack. After 3 perfects in a row they get 3x. After 5 perfects they get 4x.

Special:
Stage 1: PSY damage to one unit. Specials from slashers and freedom units bypass all enemy defensive effects (sounds like it includes combo shields, nullifications, defense ups, and debuff protectors?!)
Stage 2: Huge PSY damage to one unit. Specials from all units bypass all enemy defensive effects.

Majukun

So.. legend law sounds broken.

PSY slasher/Freedom unit
5 sockets
Max stats with CC (I am guessing this guy used 100 HP and 100 ATK, so subtract 500 HP and 200 ATK for base max stats.):
HP: 3290 (2790 without CC?)
Atk: 1684 (1484 without CC?)
Rcv: 470

Captain Ability: Double slasher and freedom attack. After 3 perfects in a row they get 3x. After 5 perfects they get 4x.

Special:
Stage 1: PSY damage to one unit. Specials from slashers and freedom units bypass all enemy defensive effects (sounds like it includes combo shields, nullifications, defense ups, and debuff protectors?!)
Stage 2: Huge PSY damage to one unit. Specials from all units bypass all enemy defensive effects.

not so broken since he basically has less damage output than log luffy

edit: still yet to decide if it's better to put fossa on the last spot of the blackbeard team for heracles'n,or put halloween franky so to have 2 assured red orbs instead of one.

not so broken since he basically has less damage output than log luffy

Wait, does he actually have less damage output than LL? The damage calculator isn't working correctly for Legend Law at the moment, but I ran the numbers myself and it appears that a Legend Law team would outdamage the same Log Luffy team by a decent amount.

Log Luffy

Legend Law

The last attack of the Legend Law team isn't calculating correctly, so you have to manually calculate it yourself.

I'm getting a total of 379,770 damage to PSY with Law vs 356,189 with Luffy.

Maybe I'm missing something though? I could have definitely miscalculated.

cw_sasuke

Law is one of the most popular characters in One Piece right now - would be weird if he was any weaker especially since the last two Legends were kinda average compared to the Top Tiers. Legends are supposed to be OP and not just very good units imo.

I decided to look up how much HP I have with my BB team for Heracles and I didn't expect this. XD 154,000HP!!! You only need 70k once you reach him. This will be easy.

Very nice - WB and Lucci....Tidd living the life xD

My squad... this should work if its as easy as i think otherwise i might replace a unit with Golden Pound.

Majukun

Wait, does he actually have less damage output than LL? The damage calculator isn't working correctly for Legend Law at the moment, but I ran the numbers myself and it appears that a Legend Law team would outdamage the same Log Luffy team by a decent amount.

Log Luffy

Legend Law

The last attack of the Legend Law team isn't calculating correctly, so you have to manually calculate it yourself.

I'm getting a total of 379,770 damage to PSY with Law vs 356,189 with Luffy.

Maybe I'm missing something though? I could have definitely miscalculated.

some guy did the math on reddit and said it was less because of the combo multiplier

haven't done any math myself so i don't know,legends are outside my jurisdiction :p

Damn I'm not a huge fan of Law in the manga or anything, but I'd really love to get my hands on that legendary edition one day. Looks really cool.

Curious to see who we'll get next as a legendary, what important guys are we still missing from dressrosa? Fujitora?

MiTYH

Hunh. I haven't messed around with a BB team before, but with the Marine ship I can get my HP to 130k. Problem is, special is at 22 turns (SOMEHOW despite farming him a lot recently). Sadly I don't think I can stall quite that long.

Other option I saw was T-namix2 and company, but my Robin is only at 16 turns. Might have to try that one, see if I can stall a bit more and depend on some meat luck on stage 4. I've got Thousand Sunny to get rid of mobs on the boss stage and a max GP Usopp, so it could work.

--

Recently, been farming the hell out of young Arlong. Results so far:
- 5 Rakuyo books
- 6 Fossa books
- 10 Young Arlongs
- 14 Kuroobi
- 2 Choo

Don't need Kidd books anymore, which is nice. One less thing to worry about/save

Top Bottom