• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Majukun

what is it?

50 gems to make 11 pulls with only 4,5 and 6 star characters in the pool,and with good RR and some legends with a rate up for good measure

all this for 3 days straight with different RR and legends rated up every day

it's raining legends like it's going out of fashion

bjork

50 gems to make 11 pulls with only 4,5 and 6 star characters in the pool,and with good RR and some legends with a rate up for good measure

all this for 3 days straight with different RR and legends rated up every day

it's raining legends like it's going out of fashion

You know, not that bandai reads this thread or anything but I would spend WAY MORE MONEY if it was always like that.

Hana-Bi

My Arlong farming so far:

28 Arlong copies
19 Rakuyo books
17 Fossa books

Don't know how much I can farm the next days though.

Heng

I feel like Garp's been away the longest, so that's my prediction for next week. Also don't forget the Halloween reruns, that's where a lot of my gems are going.

I'll probably do a couple pulls, but at this point I think I'm going to save up until 3D2Y Robin comes out.
I thought we had 2 Garp raids before the last skill up. I don't remember seeing Monster Chopper, I think he might be next.

RedBoot

Chuu in this fortnight reminds me of Aisa in the Skypeia Warriors fortnight: both him and his books are somewhat uncommon, and yet they're expecting us to get ~13 skill ups out of him. Bleh. I'd actually like to try using him with Towel Nami, but he's going to be tough to max.

My Arlong farming so far:

28 Arlong copies
19 Rakuyo books
17 Fossa books

Don't know how much I can farm the next days though.

Interesting numbers. I have about the same Fossa books (15) but only 4 Rakuyo books. You've done a lot more runs than me (I've got 14 Arlongs), so I'm guessing I'm getting uncommonly good Fossa luck.

I thought we had 2 Garp raids before the last skill up. I don't remember seeing Monster Chopper, I think he might be next.

We had Monster Chopper once during the Skill Up Drought, so he's been around somewhat recently. Not sure if he or Garp has been away longer. Either way, if we're getting another skill up next week, I'd expect someone like Garp or Chopper (or Iva again, why not?)

Hana-Bi

Chuu in this fortnight reminds me of Aisa in the Skypeia Warriors fortnight: both him and his books are somewhat uncommon, and yet they're expecting us to get ~13 skill ups out of him. Bleh. I'd actually like to try using him with Towel Nami, but he's going to be tough to max.

Interesting numbers. I have about the same Fossa books (15) but only 4 Rakuyo books. You've done a lot more runs than me (I've got 14 Arlongs), so I'm guessing I'm getting uncommonly good Fossa luck.

Yeah, I farmed quite a bit. And I got Choo to skill level 10 right now. ;) (was really lucky) My last runs were quite good for Rakuyo books. Got two Rakuyo books in one run two times.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Next week is probably Garp, Chopper, or Blackbeard. Or maybe buster call or kuma? :]

Have you guys been gemming this fortnight or have my drops been garbage? So far I have 7 Rakuyo, 6 Fossa, and 17 Arlong. I've been running the stage exclusively since it's been here aside from the Heracles'n raid. My Moomoo however is skill maxed.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Have you guys been gemming this fortnight or have my drops been garbage? So far I have 7 Rakuyo, 6 Fossa, and 17 Arlong. I've been running the stage exclusively since it's been here aside from the Heracles'n raid. My Moomoo however is skill maxed.

17 Arlongs for like 2-3 days is quite a lot - i have been running the stage also non stop and have like 10 Arlongs copies.
I feel like Garp's been away the longest, so that's my prediction for next week. Also don't forget the Halloween reruns, that's where a lot of my gems are going.

I'll probably do a couple pulls, but at this point I think I'm going to save up until 3D2Y Robin comes out.

Garp would be fine for me...because i could skip it. As you said HW Fortnights will be more important for most people.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I'm scared of pulling since I have both those legends.

I'd like INTHawk, but it'll be dodging pulls like the matrix. I never expected the facebook voting to be favorable to what I wanted anyway. It's selfish, but it would've been cool. I'm sure more curious about the "rates" and how well they actually play out especially with it being INT boosted as well, which may or may not factor to me throwing a few pulls at the system. *shrugs*

do you want to max him without waiting for a skillup or something?

I had a number in mind (130) and it was just simply a goal of wanting to get that many. Like the majority of everyone else, I'll use my copies when the 2x is live next week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just evolved my Thatch to the Twin Blade Thatch. Level 1. Worth the meat to max?

cw_sasuke

Just evolved my Thatch to the Twin Blade Thatch. Level 1. Worth the meat to max?

I would keep the meat for Legend pulls tbh - unless you need Thatch max lvl right away you can probably wait and level him with regular turtle time + pig drops.

GaimeGuy

I'd say sure, but I'd use the meet on legends. Double thatch is a common Kuma raid team. He's a great unit on any QCK team, and a good slasher beatstick.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm torn, because I know I ain't pullin no legends. But...doesn't hurt to wait.

koryuken

Anyone on my friends list kind enough to put a low cost PSY unit as captain? Trying to complete the last mission to get the ship :(

cw_sasuke

Oh Halloween stage is already up. It's been a while can regular Slasher team clear the stage? Don't remember which team I used the last time.

Kyou

Oh Halloween stage is already up. It's been a while can regular Slasher team clear the stage? Don't remember which team I used the last time.

I'm having an easy enough time with my slasher team. Only hard part is if Nami randomly decides to blind you. As far as I can tell it's just 100% random, doesn't seem to be tied to her lifebar at all.

Majukun

I'm having an easy enough time with my slasher team. Only hard part is if Nami randomly decides to blind you. As far as I can tell it's just 100% random, doesn't seem to be tied to her lifebar at all.
not random, just don't let her attack while at <20% hp and you are fine

my team is

2x mihawk
arlong
hw zoro
ryuma
Gp usopp

Hana-Bi

Yeah, really don't know if I should run this halloween fortnight. There are better fortnights for Luffy sockets and the other units are nearly max skilled. And I don't know if I should and need to socket any Nami and which Franky I should socket...

Majukun

Yeah, really don't know if I should run this halloween fortnight. There are better fortnights for Luffy sockets and the other units are nearly max skilled. And I don't know if I should and need to socket any Nami and which Franky I should socket...

what better fortnights?
you still have a 1 copy every 30 stamina chance no matter if you choose this,kimono or afro luffy,what changes is what you can get beside that

talking about sockets,i think kimono nami/mirage tempo nami definitely are worth socketing,especially for the colosseum since their skill it's particularly useful for what i understand...for franky ,since we lack sw franky people usually suggest to socket halloween franky itself,since at least igt gives you a free red orb on a character of your choice,which is not that bad

Hana-Bi

Yeah, maybe I should have said that there are more easy ways to get sockets for Luffy. I think Young Arlong, Rakuyo and Fossa seems quite good to have nearly maxed skilled and I will run the other fortnight to skill max and socket my Zoro. So the Arlong fortnight should be my priority right now. My LL has Bind/Despair/Heal/Orb sockets and I want to switch orbs for cd, but I think this can wait.

bonkeng

For socketing? Which are generally prioritized? Bind and Despair should be tops right?

What are other useful sockets? It's good to know in advance lol.

Heal sounda nice, but how big or small is it?

Heng

For socketing? Which are generally prioritized? Bind and Despair should be tops right?

What are other useful sockets? It's good to know in advance lol.

Heal sounda nice, but how big or small is it?
I would rank them in this order:

Bind=Despair > Orb matching level 1 > CD reduction > Autoheal > Orb matching level 2+ > RCV up > poison/environmental reduction > damage reduction > resilience.

I think orb matching at level 1 gives 20% to match, level 2 gives 22.5%, and 3 gives 25%. I don't know how accurate these numbers are but I've ran with level 3 orb matching a few times and I can't tell the difference between it and level 1. It's hard to compare them since the orbs are RNG. Orb matching level 3 can take priority over CD reduction and Autoheal if you have captains like CP9 Lucci and SW Ace.

Auto heal is okay, it'll play a bigger role in 0 stamina and in some Colosseums. It's nice to have but by no means is it required. If you have sockets to spare, definitely get as much as you can.

bonkeng

I would rank them in this order:

Bind=Despair > Orb matching level 1 > CD reduction > Autoheal > Orb matching level 2+ > RCV up > poison/environmental reduction > damage reduction > resilience.

I think orb matching at level 1 gives 20% to match, level 2 gives 22.5%, and 3 gives 25%. I don't know how accurate these numbers are but I've ran with level 3 orb matching a few times and I can't tell the difference between it and level 1. It's hard to compare them since the orbs are RNG. Orb matching level 3 can take priority over CD reduction and Autoheal if you have captains like CP9 Lucci and SW Ace.

Auto heal is okay, it'll play a bigger role in 0 stamina and in some Colosseums. It's nice to have but by no means is it required. If you have sockets to spare, definitely get as much as you can.

Thanks.

I went for damage reduction, but it's still level one.

Do levels of sockets stay when I changed to another skill? Or they go back to lvl1?

And does feeding 5 better at socketing or 1 by 1?

Heng

Thanks.

I went for damage reduction, but it's still level one.

Do levels of sockets stay when I changed to another skill? Or they go back to lvl1?

And does feeding 5 better at socketing or 1 by 1?
If you deselect a socket and confirm, any points you've gained on it will disappear. Also, it does not matter how many you feed at once. Some say they've found success with feeding with a certain amount at a time but it all comes down to RNG.

bjork

Gonna go in on this Halloween FN for sure. I got a few runs in at work and only yielded one Luffy copy, but I want to socket

Towel Nami
Log Nami
Monster Chopper
Log Chopper
Chopperman
FN Franky
Log Franky
INT Franky

So even if Luffy drops mostly skillbooks, I guess it's ok. The bad thing so far is that I have most of the skillbook characters maxed already, but it's cheap experience for someone else, so.

MiTYH

Been farming Arlong hard this past week, have about 20 copies. Not enough but like everyone else I'm taking a break to farm halloween. I need slasherdile and law books, and even though I don't have WB I keep all books for legends because you never know. So far it's been going well, got a few books I need, no Luffy drops which is fine since I maxed out G3 with Afro.

I mostly care about the next halloween though, need me some HW Zoro skill ups!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I'm looking at the sabo raid and some teams start with full specials and others do not. Is that a bug or is it intended?

Eidjinn

I'm looking to do the next (easier) boss raids... and I basically have Luffy G3 and a lot of G3 friends. So, what should I hunt, next?

I got Arlong, Smoker and Kimono Nami. Should I get a Laboon and a Vivi?
(also, all are in the process of evolving/leveling up)

Other free character that I should be aiming?

mileS

How long do we have to wait for another skill up event? I always end up not needing it when the time comes but a week after its over I reallllly need it.

Heng

I'm looking to do the next (easier) boss raids... and I basically have Luffy G3 and a lot of G3 friends. So, what should I hunt, next?

What does your roster look like? As long as you have G3 and a GP Usopp, you should be able to take down Mihawk.

Laboon/Vivi will only allow you to clear 3 raids: Mihawk, Monster Chopper, and Garp. I wouldn't recommend farming Vivi because you will need to evolve her twice then get her to a high level. It'll be easier to ask one of us to put Vivi up as captain. You could use Laboon against Blackbeard but you'll need despair level 1. If you think it's worth it, then you should farm him. If you do get him, do not level him at all. You want to have the lowest amount of health possible.

Depending on where you're at in the story, I would farm Crocodile and Enel. If you're not even that far, I'd say just run fortnight islands until your P-lvl is higher, there's not that many good units before Alabasta arc.

RedBoot

Yeah, for me, this isn't a matter of choosing Young Arlong or Halloween 1, the correct answer is both. :) Gotta use those gems. The Halloween fortnights just offer too much value, you're getting the shot at socketing 4 Strawhats with each run, not to mention all the skill books you can get.

I think HW2 is even better: Zoro is absolutely worth skill-maxing, I think Brook will be solid if I can get his skill within usable range, and I haven't had a chance to socket any of my Robins yet. The Sanjis will all go to Candy Sanji, who I've found to be surprisingly useful.

As far as clearing HW1, I remember using SWS Zoro the first time it came around to tank a hit from Franky so I could build up some specials to beat Luffy. Besides that, I think Nami and Chopper are actually the dangerous parts of the fortnight: you need to be able to 2-shot Nami so she won't blind you, and Chopper can be hard to kill after he buffs his defense (and he does a lot of damage). As long as you can avoid taking hits from both Chopper and Franky, as well as one-shot Luffy, it should be easy. I'm just using Mihawk/Mihawk, Arlong, Dock Lucci, Mr. 1, and Law, going for pure power.

bjork

I would say to get FN dupes for skilling up, until the Friend Point event starts. There's a chance that you could pull... I think they were saying any story units up through Ark Maxim, so that includes Vivi and Laboon, as well as other useful ones like Alvida.

GaimeGuy

Gem like you've never gemmed before. you can socket all the strawhats and get some great skillbooks (whitebeard, slasherdile, law for the first batch). HW Zoro is a good turn delayer (best slasher turn delayer to date, even in japan). Halloween Franky is probably the best franky global has available to it, since we don't have the SW batch. HW Brook is basically an int version of fortnight brook that poisons the enemy instead of reducing its defense. We have a skill up event in a few days, about 2 weeks after the prior one.

Kyou

I don't really want to gem on this, I've cast my choice with strawhats.

Rakuyo and Fossa are good books but I can get so many I need to skill max between all the strawhat events

Hana-Bi

Yeah decided to try to get a cd socket for my LL. Got one point from two copies so I started farming... The next 8 copies didn't get me any cd points and his drop rate is quite low...

This will take a while.

Eidjinn

I would say to get FN dupes for skilling up, until the Friend Point event starts. There's a chance that you could pull... I think they were saying any story units up through Ark Maxim, so that includes Vivi and Laboon, as well as other useful ones like Alvida.

FN?
I already have Alvida! I'm trying to lv her up!

What does your roster look like? As long as you have G3 and a GP Usopp, you should be able to take down Mihawk.

Laboon/Vivi will only allow you to clear 3 raids: Mihawk, Monster Chopper, and Garp. I wouldn't recommend farming Vivi because you will need to evolve her twice then get her to a high level. It'll be easier to ask one of us to put Vivi up as captain. You could use Laboon against Blackbeard but you'll need despair level 1. If you think it's worth it, then you should farm him. If you do get him, do not level him at all. You want to have the lowest amount of health possible.

Depending on where you're at in the story, I would farm Crocodile and Enel. If you're not even that far, I'd say just run fortnight islands until your P-lvl is higher, there's not that many good units before Alabasta arc.

My roster looks similar to this: http://imgur.com/a/6SeLa
The difference is that it has young Arlong, my Crocodile is fully evolved but with low lv( 20-ish) and my Alvida is lv 43.

My player lv is 88, but the fortnights... are not dropping good things I guess, but I could continue that (Arlong or Smoker?). By the way, I have almost no trouble with the lv15 quests, but the llv30 ones are almost impossible without using a rainbow gem.
I haven't tried the Twiligh Party!

I am in... Jaya. I didn't had much trouble going through story mode, but I think I'm starting to struggle.

bjork

FN?
I already have Alvida! I'm trying to lv her up!

Okay, then yeah, I would spend some time in the Halloween fortnight (FN) and get those SH units. If nothing else, you can get some sockets on your G3, which will help later on.

Also, if you haven't yet, take that Nami and get her to Mirage Tempo form.

You've got the parts to several pretty strong teams, and G3 can carry you far.

mileS

next one is in like 36 hours

I would have expected it to be listed on the upcoming Global event list on the reddit page. Anyways thank you!

Doesn't this current Halloween fortnight have a rare chance at dropping Whitebeard books?

Heng

It looks like we're going to get a boost to Fighter, Powerhouse, and Free Spirit along with Rayleigh, Mihawk, and Sengoku for the upcoming Sugofest. SW Shanks is pretty close to Sengoku though.

Top Bottom