• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Kyou

I'm not really sure what I should do with all the Luffys I am collecting

Maybe I'll finally pull a G3 this sugo...

Majukun

Wow, the Luffy drop rate is really low right now. 1 out of 6 runs for the last couple of gems...

yeah,the droprate of the mugi themselves is really on the lower side..also i haven't got a single whitebeard book

BUT

i finally finished socketing monster chopper with this fortnight,so it wasn't useless

still have to decide what nami to try sokceting between towel,kimono or mirage

koryuken

I'm looking at the sabo raid and some teams start with full specials and others do not. Is that a bug or is it intended?

Japan got a 2yr anniversary ship that starts all specials charged. After event is over, it gets nerfed to 1.2 dmg boost though -- but it will still be godlike IMO.

Majukun

Japan got a 2yr anniversary ship that starts all specials charged. After event is over, it gets nerfed to 1.2 dmg boost though -- but it will still be godlike IMO.

well it will be the best ship for anti-princess turtle teams by a mile for sure

bjork

I sat down, did a full bar of Halloween 30s and popped a gem to refill, did one more 30 and now I'm out of steam. Maybe I'll be more into it when I wake up later tonight. Luffy was fairly elusive, but everyone else liked dropping just fine. Maybe I'll run 15s to try and get more runs in.

Eidjinn

Okay, then yeah, I would spend some time in the Halloween fortnight (FN) and get those SH units. If nothing else, you can get some sockets on your G3, which will help later on.

Also, if you haven't yet, take that Nami and get her to Mirage Tempo form.

You've got the parts to several pretty strong teams, and G3 can carry you far.

What is "sockets"?? The books??
I have Mirage tempo Nami, but I read Kimono Nami is better. Which one is worth evolving?

Also, any of the straw hats from the Helloween event are worth evolving?

bjork

I have Mirage tempo Nami, but I read Kimono Nami is better. Which one is worth evolving?

Kimono Nami doesn't evolve, but she's good. Mirage Tempo has niche uses and is worth keeping, too. The Halloween SHs don't evolve, they just have the one form. Halloween Zoro is probably the best one you'd actually use in a team, and sometimes people will use Franky, but I can't recall anyone in this thread mentioning the others having super important roles.

Sockets are the little empty circles you'll see on a character's information screen, down in the lower right. Here's a good guide: http://optc-guide.com/2015/09/27/sockets-guide-what-slots-to-choose-reasoning-and-more/

Basically, the reason that the Halloween FNs being here is a big deal, is that it's a chance to get a ton of dupe Straw Hats to try and socket the versions that actually see use, all at once.

Heng

Sockets are bonuses that you can get by feeding the same character (it doesn't have to be exactly the same unit; you can feed a g3 Luffy with a g2 Luffy to gain a socket). Don't get it confused with special level, which is the number of turns you need before you can use their special.

http://www.onepiecestrategy.com/2016/01/socket-guide.html?m=1

Franky, Luffy, and Usopp are pretty good in the first batch. The only good unit in the second half is Zoro.

bjork

Franky, Luffy, and Usopp are pretty good in the first batch. The only good unit in the second half is Zoro.

Usopp can turn up in both, right?

Speaking of which, I have yet to see him this time around... trying to remember, but I think I only saw him 4x total between both islands, last time.

Heng

Speaking of which, I have yet to see him this time around... trying to remember, but I think I only saw him 4x total between both islands, last time.
Oh yeah, I completely forgot. He's the rare stage on both FN. I must've forgot because I didn't see him at all last time I farmed this FN.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

No point to using Lying Wolf Usopp when Impact Usopp exists.

Majukun

I bet we are not gonna get a skillup event coming soon, but it's just a 2x super success with a mistake

EDIT: on reddit they said that Croco probably is not pullable in the next friend Sugofest.. and there it goes my hype for the pulls... at least I hope to get wapol

bjork

Late night drops seemed a bit better, in 8 runs I got 2 Luffy/2 Nami/3 Chopper/5 Franky/1 Usopp. Skillbooks out the anus too, but it's all just exp for other guys at this point.

Kyou

EDIT: on reddit they said that Croco probably is not pullable in the next friend Sugofest.. and there it goes my hype for the pulls... at least I hope to get wapol

I think I'll just be after Kureha and a couple of Enel's boys.

Oh and the Jaya monkeys, I never bothered to get them

bjork

According to my list, I need
Shura
Gedatsu
Yama
Ohm
Nora
Story Enel

I have 100 pulls, so I'm going to guess I probably get one of those, like 78 Kuros and Tashigis, and randoms on the rest.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anyone here socketed a 2nd G3 Luffy? If so which sockets did you chose for which purpose?

Or is there another useful Luffy to socket outside G3 and LL global? I have one G3 finished with Bind/Despair... now I don't know what to do with the Luffy drops I'm getting. Start and 2nd G3 or maybe save them for Strong World Luffy (lol).

Majukun

Anyone here socketed a 2nd G3 Luffy? If so which sockets did you chose for which purpose?

Or is there another useful Luffy to socket outside G3 and LL global? I have one G3 finished with Bind/Despair... now I don't know what to do with the Luffy drops I'm getting. Start and 2nd G3 or maybe save them for Strong World Luffy (lol).

if you have or hope to have sengoku,g2 luffy it's pretty good to have since it has three sockets and decent enough stats (at least in atk)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
if you have or hope to have sengoku,g2 luffy it's pretty good to have since it has three sockets and decent enough stats (at least in atk)
Oh yeah completely forgot about him... that would be a solid fit, considering how good he is on Goku teams.

I sold my G2 a while ago though... I hope I pull him accidentally on a Gacha soon otherwise I'll have to farm him again lol.

Then again ill likely never own Goku so thats more a pie in the sky scenario.

bjork

I got a second one a little while back, but I haven't finished my first one's sockets yet. It wants to keep giving me damage reduction and resilience instead of bind/despair. I'm sitting at 1/1 bind/despair. But if I was doing a second one, I'd probably do like... orb boost and cooldown, maybe?

MiTYH

Geez, there really is too much to farm for right now.

I'm sitting on 18 Arlong, which doesn't sound like much. I guess we'll see when the x2 skillup arrives... tomorrow? That'll be nice to clear out some space.

Been farming Halloween to get some G3, Law, and SlasherCroc manuals I desperately need. Plus some sockets for the SW units. I'm actually happy when Luffy doesn't drop since my G3 is maxed. But I'm saving his to see if I pull Sengoku, if so I'll drop them into G2 Luffy. Otherwise... eh, might try skillups on HW luffy or may save them. My Frankys are going to skillup HW Frank, Namis for Mirage tempo, and chopper for MC I guess.

EDIT: And FP event tomorrow! That'll be good to hopefully get some missing units/good bosses for free

Majukun

Not really, the ship is needed to stall and max your specials. You can get to over 70k hp without the ship (with Marco). I've checked the calc ;)

i think doffy does way more than 70k,and it's the reason why someone makes a bb team
with heracles'n is around 70k too

mileS

Nothing more frustrating than getting nothing but Poison Resistance sockets. If the game threw me a bone maybe once in a blue moon for sockets I wouldn't complain but its getting almost comical now :(

koryuken

bb teams really need the marine ship to reach the amount of hp needed to do some serious damage though

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...578:99,647:99,251:99C17,10B0D0E0Q0L0G0R0S100H

You need 86k for Doffy -- here you go. You can replace Log and WB with other F2P units like Monster Chopper. You actually can hit 106k without Marine ship with all red units very easily. I'm calling it now, BB teams will be very fast for clearing fortnights/etc with this ship. Many raids will be speedruns too.

edit: Diamante will be an amazing unit for speed-running with BB. His special can clear out 5 fodder stages pretty easily.

Tidd

RNG IS BULLSHIT v.v Wasted 3 gems a 160+ stamina and got 0 WB books... Then I used another one and got 3 books.

Meanwhile I farmed enough Luffys to socket both of my G3s. One with Bind/Despair the other one with auto-heal/matching orbs. Towel Nami is also done with Bind/Despair/CD and Monster Chopper, too. I have enough Franky copies for my future SW Franky (at least I will keep them till I need the box space). And I will save all my Halloween Luffys for my Log Luffy, which I will pull next sugo. ;)

koryuken

RNG IS BULLSHIT v.v Wasted 3 gems a 160+ stamina and got 0 WB books... Then I used another one and got 3 books.

Meanwhile I farmed enough Luffys to socket both of my G3s. One with Bind/Despair the other one with auto-heal/matching orbs. Towel Nami is also done with Bind/Despair/CD and Monster Chopper, too. I have enough Franky copies for my future SW Franky (at least I will keep them till I need the box space). And I will save all my Halloween Luffys for my Log Luffy, which I will pull next sugo. ;)

Cry me a river bud lol. I've spent maybe 25-30 gems + natural stamina farming Boa books. I ended with 15 after two weeks of agonizing farming (probably worst fortnight to farm to date). Ended up with 0 skill ups :)

I did end up pulling Log Luffy during the Sugo, so its all good in the end lol.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Cry me a river bud lol. I've spent maybe 25-30 gems + natural stamina farming Boa books. I ended with 15 after two weeks of agonizing farming (probably worst fortnight to farm to date). Ended up with 0 skill ups :)

I did end up pulling Log Luffy during the Sugo, so its all good in the end lol.

Don't forget the stamina rate-up transponder snails.

Boa book farming is the worst. I haven't gone in nearly as hard, and I've gotten around 7 Whitebeard books so far. If only I had a Whitebeard.

mileS

Not a single WB book for me :( Been doing nothing but that. Only got one elder turtle during turtle time today as well.

Hana-Bi

Those character drops are driving me crazy. I got five runs out of my last 6 runs without any character drops...

At least my LL socketing is better than expected (almost normal socket luck) and I only need one more cd point to max him.

Majukun

yeah,i ended up splitting the runs between arlong and halloween because of the rancid drops..also i really only need nami for sockets and she keeps dropping chests..i managed to add just one useful socket to kimono nami and that's it...oh well at least i have completed monster chopper thanks to the fn

MiTYH

How much EXP does pig island give you? I'm close to a level up but won't hit it farming 30 stamina before I go to sleep

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
it's raining gems. 10 free rainbow gems for the anniversary, I had day 360 last week, hitting 365 either tomorrow or wednesday (I think).

... but I'm not going to pull this sugo.

Hana-Bi

Huh, we won't be able to pull any Log characters starting next sugo. This also includes Log Luffy...

Hopefully we at least get the skill books for them but I still miss quite a few Log characters...

Huh, we won't be able to pull any Log characters starting next sugo. This also includes Log Luffy...

Hopefully we at least get the skill books for them but I still miss quite a few Log characters...

I guess we know why LL wasn't in the sugofest voting poll. This really sucks.

RedBoot

It's super weird. The Logs being always available was a Global-only thing (besides LL), presumably our replacement for Strong World. Them getting pulled is weird, especially right before the first fortnight with SW skill books (Young Vivi).

I wonder if LL's getting pulled from the Japan pool as well. If not, it's just another downside for Global. I wonder if we'll ever get Log Ace and Bon Clay now.

Top Bottom