• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

It's super weird. The Logs being always available was a Global-only thing (besides LL), presumably our replacement for Strong World. Them getting pulled is weird, especially right before the first fortnight with SW skill books (Young Vivi).

I wonder if LL's getting pulled from the Japan pool as well. If not, it's just another downside for Global. I wonder if we'll ever get Log Ace and Bon Clay now.

If they haven't pulled LL yet from Japan, I doubt they're going to. I couldn't care less that the log units are getting pulled from global (I think they were actually limited release in Japan, Luffy being the exception) mostly because they're overwhelmingly garbage but pulling one of the best units from global just seems like an unnecessary dick move, not that that's ever stopped Bandai before. As far as I know, LL has always been in the Sugo pool in Japan.

Kyou

Any idea why they removed the LOG characters? I'm a bit confused by this.
The only reason I can come up with is maybe it's a voice actor thing? Like they could only distribute them a year or something weird like that

Super sucks, was hoping to get an LL someday

Spinx

No Log Luffy anymore ? Oh my GOD !
KuGsj.gif

mileS

Let's hope they bring back Luffy. If they let him stay in JPN after the rest were removed there's a chance he can come back?

bjork

I have to guess that the Luffy listing is an error, because he was always Sugo-exclusive anyway? I guess we'll see.

bjork

Ah crap, I forgot that the time doesn't reset until 1 am here. Threw a pull in the friend point thing and was like "why did I get a mountain bandit?"

Finally got young Arlong evolved, thanks to red turtles from the Halloween FN. Now I just need a blue lobster to evolve Doma and I think I've evolved everyone I can, unless this FP event gifts me with some new units.

[edit - okay, it's 1 now. FP results -
Ohm (new to me, hooray)
Nola (new to me, hooray)
Satori
Mr. 1
Kuromarimo (x3)
Masira
Ms. Monday (x4)
Unluckies
Zeff (x2)
Dalton
Ms. Merry Christmas
Mr. 4
Higuma
Johnny
Patty
Carne
Sarquiss (x3)
Gaimon
Lapin (x2)
Hiking Bear (x3)
Fodder 75

So, two new characters to save me farming them, and some sockets on others. Not a horrible result, I guess?

Tidd

DON'T USE YOUR SKILL UPS

I used 25 skill books on my G3 and got one skill up... It could be bad luck but I'm not using anymore skill books till we have more proof that it really is a double skill up

Edit: I'm reading similar results for other people...

ah_hia

Friend point sugo is now live. Mixed with thrash units though. Only unit worth mentioning that I got was Mr.1. There is a gold poster but it became gedatsu and no giants :p

Skill up seems to be working ok. 3 attempts. All ok but it could be just RNG.

Kyou

DON'T USE YOUR SKILL UPS

I used 25 skill books on my G3 and got one skill up... It could be bad luck but I'm not using anymore skill books till we have more proof that it really is a double skill up

Edit: I'm reading similar results for other people...

Man if it really is what people thought then between this and Log Luffy getting pulled I'm pretty upset with this game right now

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man screw this game... Log units being removed without giving any reason why... and skill up isn't implemented right now. Okay the global version is indeed run by incompetent fools...

Tidd

I have enough Halloween Frankys to max at least two under a normal skill up event... I'll use them just to test this even more. It's not like any Franky is real useful for global.

7/37

Hmm I don't know lol

Kyou

not bad, in my 10 10-pulls I got three new characters, not bad for having almost all the story characters up to Enel.

new characters: Dorry(still missing Broggy), Yama(pretty sure he's the last skypia I needed), and... Kureha! Woo! The one I wanted.

got couple Mr. 4s, a Ms Merry Christmas, a few sets of Chessmarimo material, Zeff, and a couple other small timers. Not too bad.

My FP results. Shura, Kricket, Masira, Yama, Dory, Satori, and Kureha are all new. I guess I made out okay.

I'm not too sure about it being a skill up event either. I fed all my Arlongs and had at least 3 sets of 5 with no skill ups. Not saying its impossible, but I'd rather err on the side of caution with Bandai's track record.

Kyou

I'm not too sure about it being a skill up event either. I fed all my Arlongs and had at least 3 sets of 5 with no skill ups. Not saying its impossible, but I'd rather err on the side of caution with Bandai's track record.

Reddit right now appears to be full of people who are going 30 and 0 on stuff. I'll sleep on it, but now we should probably move on to speculating what the compensation will be.

Keys? An evolver set??

bonkeng

Do you guys tend to keep all 3* units above?

My box is only 60. Any other reason to keep these story units aside from collection?

Heng

These are all the new units I got from the FP pulls. Had a bunch extra but I've already cleaned out my box.

My box is only 60. Any other reason to keep these story units aside from collection?
Most people do, but there's no reason to do this. Occasionally there are going to be ranking missions that require you to bring a low cost unit but other than that they're useless. Also you should consider expanding that box, you'll make your life easier once you do.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
From what skillbooks I had which was minimal:

- Rakuyo (3/13)
- Fossa (2/9)

Heracles'n was a different story:

- 101 to skill max
- 70 copies to socket max (lock/silence/cd)

Had 30 leftover, glad I followed my gut on the number of copies I grabbed. I do think the skill up is live, it's just the usual malarkey of success.

EDIT: Looks like hit/miss from various players, I've talked to friends who went 13/55 and 2/60 for Heracles'n. Continuing to feed more skillbooks as of this edit, has netted about 1/14 for skill ups. Outright questionable all around on what's what.

---

FP event was very fun, notable pulls which I didn't have:

- Chess
- Kuromarimo
- Shura
- Ohm
- Masira
- Mr. 4
- Dalton

Other units of note were Zeff, Dorry and Dr. Kureha. Then Shoujou, Miss Monday, Sarquiss, Mr. 9, etc who I'll use for socket attempts.

---

Crazy that the log units are disappearing, guess the reason why Log Luffy wasn't apart of the voting is apparent now. I honestly don't know what to make of it but nothing surprises me with what Global does anymore.

bjork

I tend to keep any named characters, and try to have an evolved and unevolved copy for each when applicable. It's helpful for Sengoku teams, and I keep thinking there's going to be some niche setup with kid buggy and the big top that I'll discover (though I know I won't, heh)

Hana-Bi

Used my Law books to test the skill up event:

First 5 books, no skill up
Next 5 books, 3 skill ups
Last 5 books, 1 skill up

Seems like a normal skill up event for me. Won't use my books/copies now though, because it would be nice to have some clarification.

And still not sure which sockets I should use for my Heracles. Maybe Bind/Despair/Heal.

Dandte

Friendpulls were crap. Best Unit was mrs monday which i Farmed since the Launch of her...got her a few Weeks...well Compared to My gameplay Time it would be yesterday...

Skill ups felt like a pokemon fight with magikarp

Dandte Used skillbook
But nothing Happened.

Will be back when it's sugo Time

Kumo

Should have just started playing on Japan instead of global smfh...

I'm still missing most of the log characters and I can never get them now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
106 pal points pulls and only trash + Dupe Ohm. Well... it's not like I expected much.
Skill ups felt like a pokemon fight with magikarp

Dandte Used skillbook
But nothing Happened.

Will be back when it's sugo Time
Lol Magikarp...

Yeah really disappointing affair. I have like 4 Sugopulls lined up for the upcoming Fest..I think I'm ready for a OPTC break, just in time for Fire Emblem Fates.

Heng

Should have just started playing on Japan instead of global smfh...

I'm still missing most of the log characters and I can never get them now.
I think Log Luffy will definitely come back. The only reason I can think of for them to do this is to get more people to pull/buy gems when they release him again. Still it's a pretty shitty thing for them to do...

FP time:

Batch 1:
8 fodder
unluckies
Gedatsu!!

Batch 2:
9 fodder
chest guy

Batch 3:
3 x mr.nine
3x fodder
1 x kuromarimo
1 x waiter guy
DOCTORINE!(happy about this, she's a nightmare to farm)
Montblanco Cricket!

Batch 4:
1 x Sarkeez
1 x unluckies
7 x fodder
1 x montblanc Cricket

Batch 5:
Satori!
Dalton!
4 x fodder
miss monday
shura
kuromarimo
mr.4

Batch 6:
Enel dupe lol.. so lucky!
BROGGY!
8 x fodder

Batch 7:
Yama lol
mr.4
shura
7 x fodder

Batch 8:
8 x fodder
1 x mountain bandit dude

Batch 9:
1 kuromarimo
9 x fodder

Batch 10:
hiking bear lol
9 x fodder

Got a bunch of new guys: Gedatsu, Kureha, Mt.Cricket, Sarkeess, Dalton, Satori, Broggy & Yama.

No complaints here. I already got Enel, he's basically a FP legend right?

MiTYH

All in all I've been happy with this FP event, but only because I'm a collector and this saved me toooons of time farming.

I got a few dupes, but from my 100 +5 free pulls, every multipull had at least one silver, some had gold. Here’s what I’ve gotten:

- Shoujou
- Montblank Cricket
- Satori
- Kuromarimo
- Miss Merry Christmas
- Chess
- Dr. Kureha
- Braham
- Wyper
- Shura

Plus I got some dupes of those, and some other numbers units (Miss Monday, Mr 4, etc). But the ones above were all new for me, which was great. So much less farming in the future, especially the skypeia units

Now for the salt. LL being removed is a huge blow to global, and honestly, might be the nail in the coffin to get me to switch to Japan’s version. It’s sad we found out after the amazing Sugo they just had, but damn, this really stings. I just don’t see the reasoning – if they’re going to rotate Legends, that just means people who don’t see something they want won’t pull. And if they’re removing one of the best legends in the entire game when Japan never did this… it just doesn’t make sense to me.

And the fake skill-up, well, that stinks. I was counting on that since I’ve been hoarding all skillbooks just in case. Time to start tossing the Merry Christmas ones to the new unit, at least.

Hana-Bi

Yeah, I really don't know how I can run the raids I skipped to farm till now (MC, Enel, Aokiji). I'm at 560/600 right now and I'd like to have >50 copies for those raids...

A skill up event would be perfect and a nice 10 million download gift.

bjork

Yeah, I really don't know how I can run the raids I skipped to farm till now (MC, Enel, Aokiji). I'm at 560/600 right now and I'd like to have >50 copies for those raids...

A skill up event would be perfect and a nice 10 million download gift.

What are you sitting on? If it isn't someone who's absolutely vital, feed away, I say.

Hana-Bi

What are you sitting on? If it isn't someone who's absolutely vital, feed away, I say.

8 WB books for my unevolved dupe
6 Rayleigh books might feed them again
22 Rakuyo books
22 Fossa books
31 Young Arlong copies
70 Heracles copies

I think I'll sell some evo material first and then farm some more skill books from fortnights and skip the next few raids again.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I saw Log Luffy getting removed and thought that was pretty wild. I think I have all the log characters, but sucks for people who don't. Also lol at the super success. Of course.

bjork

Wait seriously? Man you'd think they would try a bit harder to get the licensing down.

I don't think it's related to licensing. Apparently in Japan, they were all just secret characters at different times and not in the RR pool all the time. So maybe they end up returning in a fashion similar to Kid Ace/Sabo/Luffy at some point? I still think Luffy is just an error, though. I can't imagine him being removed entirely.

Tidd

No max Whitebeard for me this time. Maybe when Kraken returns next month if I still play the game. Depending on what we get in the next week. My guess would be the Breed fortnight since this is the fortnight which comes after all the SW skill books.

Are the Strong World characters actively in the RR pool in Japan? Or are they similar to the Log characters, where they are limited time?

They are always in the gacha pool.

bonkeng

Wow, i wonder what the real reason why they need to remove the Log Mugiwara.

Also, i basically started and rerolled at the last possible time that Log Luffy was available.

But he will only be removed from the recruit right? Not taken out from the game? Because if he is removed from the game, im totally screwed wasted so much time to reroll and all.

bjork

what if they pulled log luffy because, as part of the celebration, he's a secret addition to everyone's box?

I keep half-expecting them to pull a Drift Spirits and just go "guess what, on x date, global is closed." Not sure why.

Top Bottom