• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

bonkeng

what if they pulled log luffy because, as part of the celebration, he's a secret addition to everyone's box?

I keep half-expecting them to pull a Drift Spirits and just go "guess what, on x date, global is closed." Not sure why.

Please don't say that :(

Got burned once like that on Chain Chronicles Global. Wasted time, money and effort just to be closed suddenly.

bjork

Please don't say that :(

Got burned once like that on Chain Chronicles Global. Wasted time, money and effort just to be closed suddenly.

That's the rub in these games, though. It thrives only via support, but eventually it's going to end. So either way, it all goes away. The question is, is the enjoyment you got from it, worth having spent the time and money.

Story units I still need after my FP pulls (up to Enel):

Dorry
Chess
Sea Cat
Miss Christmas
Masira
Shoujo

Bellamy (was he available?)
Braham
Ohm
Giant Snake
Wyper

(in italics the ones that'll eventually drop from fortnights anyway)

That's ... 7 characters I might still need to farm from the older pre-foxy islands.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is my game bugged or wtf is going on? everytime i do Arlong now i only get skillbooks.

2016-05-1715_56_40-blperr4.png

I need more Arlong's dammit.

Edit: another 3 runs, no Arlong.

What in the fuck is going on?

mileS

The FP event hasn't started for me yet?? Is this something like the turtle times where I'll have to wait for a certain time of day?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
what if they pulled log luffy because, as part of the celebration, he's a secret addition to everyone's box?

I keep half-expecting them to pull a Drift Spirits and just go "guess what, on x date, global is closed." Not sure why.

This would be insane, but now that you mention it, I wouldn't be surprised. I'd be pretty heartbroken about the people who poured countless hours into the game (myself included).

bjork

This would be insane, but now that you mention it, I wouldn't be surprised. I'd be pretty heartbroken about the people who poured countless hours into the game (myself included).

Yep. I'd be bumming hard, I've played every day since release, even if it's only a little. What would be neat whenever this does happen, is a private server, like people do for old MMOs. But I don't know if anyone does that for a phone game.

MiTYH

Feeling some boxspace hurt since I'm saving skillbooks to get some stupider units (Chessmarino, etc) hopefully in FP.

Had G3 at 22/20 turns, and 15 books. Figured I'd throw them at him

15 books, all failed.

Welp.

Tidd

Feeling some boxspace hurt since I'm saving skillbooks to get some stupider units (Chessmarino, etc) hopefully in FP.

Had G3 at 22/20 turns, and 15 books. Figured I'd throw them at him

15 books, all failed.

Welp.

Best skill up event ever! :)

The last two weeks Bandai did everything right and then we get this... It's unbelievable how a company can do such a turn.

MiTYH

Best skill up event ever! :)

The last two weeks Bandai did everything right and then we get this... It's unbelievable how a company can do such a turn.

Right? They were really on a roll, then to slam us with no LL anymore AND no skillup... it hurts...

In other news, I did get 3/15 Chessmarino skillups, and got a stamina restore from a tweet snail

59868782.jpg

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I can confirm the super success is real. Got 1.5x when using the 5 million XP meat.

Also pig super success is definitely rated up as well.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
In Japan the log characters have always been limited, special event characters. I think they've been in only 2 or 3 sugofests.

The exception is Log Luffy, who is in every sugofest.

The SW characters are always in the Japanese RR pool.

mileS

I can confirm the super success is real. Got 1.5x when using the 5 million XP meat.

Also pig super success is definitely rated up as well.

lol I've been feeding stuff allll day long. Even saved a bunch of things for today. Not one 1.5. I know RNG can RNG but I refuse to believe its active right now.

GaimeGuy

I would not have gemmed for lots of Heracles if Bandai hadn't clearly told us a skill up event was coming.

This is swindling. :/

Tidd

I would not have gemmed for lots of Heracles if Bandai hadn't clearly told us a skill up event was coming.

This is swindling. :/

Bandai: "Here you have a gem. Please accept our apology."
We: "I used 38 gems for Heracles and Whitebeard books and you give us ONE GEM!!!! *insert other rage message*"

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
lol I've been feeding stuff allll day long. Even saved a bunch of things for today. Not one 1.5. I know RNG can RNG but I refuse to believe its active right now.

I was more so joking because the 1.5x gave my XP meat a whopping 7.5 million XP. It was hilarious in hindsight, but also an unbelievable waste of bonus XP.

I'm a firm believer that the 2x super success is completely useless, I'd love to see the numbers but I would wager that the extra XP isn't even worth it. Given the material needed to feed for XP and have it really be worthwhile. Plus every single damn time it triggers, it's when you're levelling pigs!

Heng

So what are you guys running for the new ranking mission? It was a lot harder than I expected since the fodders aren't really 1 color type.

I went with 2x LL, Doffy, 2x Princess turtle, and an elder turtle. I barely made it, although I chose to try it on a stage with no weakness advantage.

Also I have 40 gems for this Sugofest. I don't really care about Garp so I'm going all in.

Kyou

So what are you guys running for the new ranking mission? It was a lot harder than I expected since the fodders aren't really 1 color type.

I went with 2x LL, Doffy, 2x Princess turtle, and an elder turtle. I barely made it, although I chose to try it on a stage with no weakness advantage.

Also I have 40 gems for this Sugofest. I don't really care about Garp so I'm going all in.

going Rayleigh/Rayleigh, Robin, Doffy, Crocodile and Buggy

my theory is that I'll use buggy to make the meats on the final stage purple, move them to my strongest guys, use robin, and hope it all works out

edit: Replacing Croc with Gaimon. Too much damage O_O;

chrono01

I've been taking a break from the game for a bit (not quit, just holding back some while I do other things), but they seriously removed Log Luffy from the game? That's confusing. o_O

Hana-Bi

Used LL/LL/Impact Usopp/Doffy/Rakuyo/Squard. You don't need fodder in your team for this stage. Build up your good/great/perfect on the first fodder and then kill the other fodders so that Doffy can kill the blue guy and then kill the boss with Squard or your highest psy unit.

GaimeGuy

I did G3/G3, Rakuyo, Impact usopp, Garp, Doffy.

Was really easy. got 2.3 million on my first try.

Heng

Used LL/LL/Impact Usopp/Doffy/Rakuyo/Squard. You don't need fodder in your team for this stage. Build up your good/great/perfect on the first fodder and then kill the other fodders so that Doffy can kill the blue guy and then kill the boss with Squard or your highest psy unit.
I see. I guess I should have tried to score the damage on the last stage rather than a random stage. Nice to know about not needing fodders for this mission in case it ever comes back.

GaimeGuy

I see. I guess I should have tried to score the damage on the last stage rather than a random stage. Nice to know about not needing fodders for this mission in case it ever comes back.

I don't think rankings ever return.

Tidd

We get one rainbow gem for the skill up mistake. And everyone will get their skill books and characters back?!!11 Don't know if we can keep the skill ups we got but if we do, I have nearly two maxed Heracles lol RIP boxspace

Tidd

Yeah, should have used all my books and copies. :)

I did it. Used 15 Wb books and got 2 skill ups. And now I get 15 new WB books. Also used up all my 70 Heracles copies got him down to 14 turns and maxed his sockets. And I will get a lot of Frankys back <.<

If this works how I think it does (keep the skill ups and get back every copy) I'm very satisfied how they handled the situation. Now all that's left is the Log Luffy problem.

Majukun

that's what they should do,but i'm a bit sour that now i actually getting less than whose who just went head first and dumped all their copies and skillbooks

MiTYH

Welp, started the JPN version just for kicks. Got the new Scizzor Unit (forget name, Iza something?), and I'll be hording gems until the next sugo. Also pulled CP9 Story Kalifa, which was cool.

They really get better stuff there....

That being said, I will probably still pull in Global for Raleigh hopes and dreams. INT up and #1 vote has to mean something. With 10 gems from day 450 box and 10 more from the sharing, if I could get him or some CP9 Powerhouse units, I'll be happy.

But I'm still holding my Halloween Luffy just in case Log is mysteriously put back in!

MiTYH

Sorry for double post, but this deserves its own thing:

WHOA! REIMBURSEMENT FROM BANDAI! Not literally hitler, so that's nice

Full info:

R4C0zzW.png

Basically, everyone gets 1 gem as an I'm sorry for the mess up with double skill up

They'll also be giving people back characters/manuals that were used yesterday.

So, if you used all your manuals and got 1 skillup, that's a bonus since you should get them all back.

Honestly, I'm still sore over missing Log Luffy... but this does help. I burned a lot of manuals for box space yesterday, and even on crud units, I know others hurt a lot more than me.

bonkeng

Is it just me, or is the rainbow robber and pirate penguins has a really really low drop rate?

Been try non stop but nothing:(

Majukun

Is it just me, or is the rainbow robber and pirate penguins has a really really low drop rate?

Been try non stop but nothing:(

it's not just you

luckily as part of some events they just give away rainbow evolvers,so that you don't need to spend tons of stamina getting them..but they also occupy a lot of box space though

mileS

Ah so it really never was supposed to be a skill up event at all huh? I have too many important books right now I was really counting on this :(

I mean the way they are trying to correct that mistake is fine but... why can't they also just allow a skill up event considering everyone expected it anyway. That would also go a long way.

bjork

So I'm going to get all the dudes I pulled from the FP event back, and my Halloween SHs?

This isn't repayment for a mistake, this is socketfest 2016!

This was mine, too. It's all about stalling for a burst turn. Though, I skated by with 2.15.

So I'm going to get all the dudes I pulled from the FP event back, and my Halloween SHs?

This isn't repayment for a mistake, this is socketfest 2016!

This was mine, too. It's all about stalling for a burst turn. Though, I skated by with 2.15.

Damnit I fed my Halloween strawhats to other strawhats for sockets ... should've gone for skill ups it seems..

i'd hate that i spent a long time getting him (playing for ages) that'd seem pretty cheap if everyone got him

Aww what? Not only do we not have the Zephyr and the SW Straw Hats, we're losing the Log units, too? That's ridiculous.

Anyway, blew all my FP and got some units I haven't bothered farming: Wyper, the giants, Chessmarimo, Enel's priests (sans Satori), and Nola.

Majukun

Aww what? Not only do we not have the Zephyr and the SW Straw Hats, we're losing the Log units, too? That's ridiculous.

Anyway, blew all my FP and got some units I haven't bothered farming: Wyper, the giants, Chessmarimo, Enel's priests (sans Satori), and Nola.

log units are noy in the pool in japan either
the only one that stays is log luffy,and i suspect it will also on global but some miscommunication made him end up on the list..we will wait and see,if he is still there,someone on the internet shoul be able to pull him

mileS

Even the 1.5 xp rate seems normal right now. I have been feeding like crazy and have hardly seen it pop. Once or twice. Super exciting event

Top Bottom