• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I suppose given the right units a rayleigh/croc cerebral team could be really, really good.

Ray/croc/Heracles/RR Kalifa/raid kuma/raid Momonga?

Maybe put Hina or HW Robin or Slasherdile in there as subs?

koryuken

Yeah, it's only getting worse. Japan has a fortnight with characters from Movie 3, and apparently V-Jump revealed a Shiki Raid and one of the characters from Movie 4. And you know they'll do something with Film Gold.

It's really weird. Like, I get the voice stuff, VA contracts in Japan can be weird. But it's weird to think they have the license to use One Piece, but not specific parts of One Piece. Especially since Funimation had no issues releasing Strong World and Film Z over here, and Bamco themselves even had Strong World branded costumes in one of the Pirate Warriors games.

I think the problem is, Global = everything outside of Japan. USA, Australia, Korea, Canada, New Zealand, etc. all use "Global" version of OPTC. That means you need to have rights in every one of those countries -- i.e. damn near impossible. However, they do need to come up with a solution, even if it means creating new sprites and calling them something else.

Yup you're right.
Just to show them off - "A Bandai Namco game"

SW Nami costume
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKwpKqMJQx4

Different Film Z costumes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G76ytVys34U

So yeah that's why I don't believe the copyright crap regarding Zephyr and SW characters. They HAVE the license for that.

See above. Global is not just USA :(

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
I think the problem is, Global = everything outside of Japan. USA, Australia, Korea, Canada, New Zealand, etc. all use "Global" version of OPTC. That means you need to have rights in every one of those countries -- i.e. damn near impossible. However, they do need to come up with a solution, even if it means creating new sprites and calling them something else.

As a Canadian, I'm gonna blame Canada for the hold up. But seriously, this is what I think it is too, hence me saying prior "some type of licensing involved worldwide for the English version". I just don't know if they care enough to make new sprites for us and any new animation for respective specials.

I'm still convinced that Global is run by a skeleton crew, given that one time they went on literal vacation and the enormity of errors we've had. Super lack of QA up in this game.

mileS

But Rayleigh is like top 2 or top 3 legends on global right now. Not sure why there is any doubt about how good or useful he is. Easily #2 right now with only LL ahead of him.

koryuken

As a Canadian, I'm gonna blame Canada for the hold up. But seriously, this is what I think it is too, hence me saying prior "some type of licensing involved worldwide for the English version". I just don't know if they care enough to make new sprites for us and any new animation for respective specials.

I'm still convinced that Global is run by a skeleton crew, given that one time they went on literal vacation and the enormity of errors we've had. Super lack of QA up in this game.

I agree with you, but since they are allegedly going to make new sprites for the Log Units (or that's what their email alludes to), they may be taking steps in the right direction. Who knows if they will ever make new sprites for the SW characters -- the cynic in me says no.

Eidjinn

He can be the difference between Doffy being a PitA and a Cakewalk. I was so lucky to get him just a bit before Doffy first showed up.

Thanks!

Also, a few more pulls:

- Nico Robin Miss All Sunday
- Gecko Moria
- Portgas D. Ace
- Marco the Phoenix
- Don Krieg
- Mr. 3 Extra Special Cancelabra
- Nojiko
- Buggy the Clown...
- Kaku
-

Nico Robin, Mr. 3 and maybe Marco are the only usable ones?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yup, welcome to the eternal struggle of box space management. :) I've been sitting on 25 Bepo books for a couple months now hoping to pull him. I suspect they won't survive much longer.

A couple pointers I like to use for this: 17 is the magic number for cool downs. This is because of two things: most raids/fortnights allow you to comfortably stall to that number of turns, and 17 happens to be Mihawk's max cooldown, which is what you're usually stalling for. So if something is 17 or lower, it'll be usable in most situations. 18-20 is sometimes doable, and anything higher is probably not going to see much use.

Try to think of the teams you'll use people in as well. Slashers will look to that 17 number, while a Garp team may want to match his max cooldown (13) if they want to be able to clear things faster.

On your example list there, Towel Nami starts with a low cooldown, so her special level isn't quite as important (and her books are fairly common). Meanwhile, Izo and Capone could stand to gain a few levels to increase their usability.

Anyway, that's how I do it. Your milage may vary, especially if you don't spam Raid Mihawk all the time like I do. :)

Thanks for this advice. It's really helpful, and a good way to go about prioritizing. I hate being inefficient with resources, so I don't like using things up books when there isn't a special up event... but then that just leads me to being inefficient with box space.

I ended up using up all the Izo books before reading your post, heh. But I have to farm Domino a lot for Boa books anyway, so I'm sure I'll get plenty more later. I went ahead and used up pretty much all my Halloween Strawhats, as they all have decently low cooldowns to begin with.

I don't have teams that can reliably take out Blackbeard, Enel, or Doflamingo (my special levels are all too high), but I think I should be able to get 1 copy of each while they're active. I really just need more Mihawks at this point, so those will be filling up my boxspace the next time her rolls around.

Marco is great. Not only is he your 3x Captain for Purple Turtle Times, but his full health skill can be a lifesaver.

Moria is another solid pull, as your 3x Captain for Yellow Turtle Times.

mileS

Impulse made me pull twice like a fool. Fire pearl and a copy of x drake (why oh why was he included in the group that won the vote) learned my lesson. When it doesnt feel like a good idea to pull it probably isn't.

Kyou

Thanks! I put my info. Time to add friends. :)

Yup yup, I add anyone who is an ID search request without question.

Also I am spitting distance away from my Garp being socketed. 4/4 bind/despair. Between him, Coby, GP Usopp and Bon Clay I should be able to have some fun against Aoikiji this time...

Heng

Thanks!

Also, a few more pulls:

- Nico Robin Miss All Sunday
- Gecko Moria
- Portgas D. Ace
- Marco the Phoenix
- Don Krieg
- Mr. 3 Extra Special Cancelabra
- Nojiko
- Buggy the Clown...
- Kaku
-

Nico Robin, Mr. 3 and maybe Marco are the only usable ones?
Robin, Moria, Marco, and Mr.3 are very good. Moria can help with your PSY turtle times and Marco with INT TT. I found myself using Moria for random reasons more than Mr. 3.

Ace isn't that bad, especially if you don't have a 2.5x QCK captain or Enel.

GaimeGuy

hmm, I just realized I have the start of a pretty killer QCK setup. Only Cat Lucci is fully socketed, but the rest have at least 1 point in all their sockets)
Enel (Bind / CD / Auto-heal)
Cat Lucci (Bind / Despair / CD)
Doffy (Orbs / Auto-heal)
Raid Iva (Bind / Despair / CD / Auto-heal)
Log Usopp (Despair / CD / auto-heal)

Add a friend Enel with Bind / Despair / Auto-heal. Boom?

RNG just gave me the worst birthday present. I struggled all night to do the ranking for the 3 gems I needed to do one last pull. I finally succeeded (with this team) and was rewarded with a freaking 4* Hotori and Kotori. >_<

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I just did a few missions and got 5 gems together so i did one last pull and i FINALLY got Marco (not the legend), i even got the evolved form lol

Yesterday Sengoku and today Marco... wow my luck at the moment... just wow.

I like how for a lot of people "going all in" means using +- 20-25 gems.

Meanwhile I spent 115 gems I've been saving up.
And thankfully got a legend for it.

I'll just keep my gem consumption low during future sugofests unless 100-90% of the boosted units are missing for me I think. Also I believe I have most vital INT units by now..

Sn4ke_911

I always use all my gems when sugo fest is.

And so far it worked great, i have two legends, most of the other characters and the best is i haven't paid a single cent for this game. :p

I always use all my gems when sugo fest is.

And so far it worked great, i have two legends, most of the other characters and the best is i haven't paid a single cent for this game. :p

I honestly wouldn't even mind tossing some money at the game for the entertainment it's provided me.

But spending money on RNG is something I absolutely refuse to do. :p

This FP recruit event is getting to be a pain in the ass. There's so many trash tier cards that I don't have dropping from it and the hoarder in me won't allow me to get rid of anything that isn't a dupe. I'm stuck with one space left in my deck and one gem which I refuse to spend until Sugo is over now. I don't even know what the plan is should a legendary drop.

On a side note, has anyone actually had Rayleigh drop? I've seen a few people mention INThawk and Sengoku but Rayleigh?

Sn4ke_911

I honestly wouldn't even mind tossing some money at the game for the entertainment it's provided me.

But spending money on RNG is something I absolutely refuse to do. :p

Well the thing is when i started i wanted to buy a few gems but somehow it didn't work so i said screw it and never tried it again haha and im glad i didn't.

And yeah i agree but right now the way Bamco treats the players on global is not unacceptable anymore.

Global has become a cash cow. I feel bad for everyone who still gives them money.

Also why did they remove the log characters? WHY do we not get any official statements why shit got changed?

Zeenigami the biggest Treasure Cruise streamer on twitch sent Bamco a tweet, hopefully they respond to it.

bjork

Welp.

I did the Rayleigh island at work, it put me at 5 gems. Threw a pull. Red poster.

Sengoku. He was the first legend I got, so he's now a dupe. I don't even know what to do with a dupe legend. It feels like a waste to feed him for a maybe skill up or a maybe good socket.

Got home and I was like, "you know what? Let's go in deep. It's been a really bad week and I feel like being stupid with my money." So I bought a ton of gems and started pulling. I purposely didn't look while I did the first handful. My computer needed to resest, so I happened to glance at my screen and saw Hot Rock Stew Sanji. So I was like, "what the hell? What kind of trash have I pulled so far?" I check my box and I see...

- Plastic Surgery Shot Sanji
- Gin the Demon Man
- Evolved Tashigi
- Hot Rock Stew Sanji

I go, "youuuuuu mother fucker" and now I don't care. Let's waste 'em all. I'm pissed.
- evolved Jozu. Good and useful, but a dupe. Pull again. Red poster.

Rayleigh.

FINALLY. So now I have Rayleigh and I'm done pulling for the foreseeable future. The leftover gems can go to raid bosses or something. I feel stupid for having pulled specifically to try and get him so many times before, but the morning sun has vanquished the horrible night etc.

What's a good way of completing the ranking with a Log Luffy team?

I tried:

Log/Log
penguin/rakuyo
doffy/boostsopp

But got silver (insta KO on boss with double boosted yellow orb rakuyo)

Hana-Bi

Welp.

I did the Rayleigh island at work, it put me at 5 gems. Threw a pull. Red poster.

Sengoku. He was the first legend I got, so he's now a dupe. I don't even know what to do with a dupe legend. It feels like a waste to feed him for a maybe skill up or a maybe good socket.

Got home and I was like, "you know what? Let's go in deep. It's been a really bad week and I feel like being stupid with my money." So I bought a ton of gems and started pulling. I purposely didn't look while I did the first handful. My computer needed to resest, so I happened to glance at my screen and saw Hot Rock Stew Sanji. So I was like, "what the hell? What kind of trash have I pulled so far?" I check my box and I see...

- Plastic Surgery Shot Sanji
- Gin the Demon Man
- Evolved Tashigi
- Hot Rock Stew Sanji

I go, "youuuuuu mother fucker" and now I don't care. Let's waste 'em all. I'm pissed.
- evolved Jozu. Good and useful, but a dupe. Pull again. Red poster.

Rayleigh.

FINALLY. So now I have Rayleigh and I'm done pulling for the foreseeable future. The leftover gems can go to raid bosses or something. I feel stupid for having pulled specifically to try and get him so many times before, but the morning sun has vanquished the horrible night etc.
Congrats. Pulled also way too much to get him, but I didn't get him and that really was a blow. I thought fuck it. I have almost every rr units but there won't be a better time to get him... Made almost 30 pulls but no drop... Yeah, won't pull for a long time...

linkent

I'm scared of pulling since I have both those legends.

I tried:

Log/Log
penguin/rakuyo
doffy/boostsopp

dont think you should use penguin, the first mob didnt even die when i do it with
LL->LL->Doffy, almost lost the combo last hit on boss, but i switch it on time.
Just use Garp instead.
stall till last stage.
hit caroline with all empty orbs.(it seems like Garp skill doesnt randomise empty orbs)
use Garp's skill.
Doffy swap to 3 yellow matching orbs. if you didnt get 3 just use Rakuyo for it.
Boostopp.
let the auto target do the work.
LL-LL-Doffy hope the first mob die, if it didnt, remember to switch target to boss on last hit.
Usopp->Rakuyo->Garp whoever from lowest to highest dmg.

edit:
njIRt6P.png
P3Qq8Tu.png

I tried:

Log/Log
penguin/rakuyo
doffy/boostsopp

I would think that any 2x G3 team would work with 2x LL.

Here is a good video I watched before doing my successful run:
Doffy, Rakuyo, Killer, Aokiji

I basically used the same team, except replacing Rakuyo with 18 CD Urouge as my Aokiji's CD is still in the 30s. Urouge did the Striker boost and Aokiji was simply there as an INT strikerstick. Doing the order of Blue mob (Luffy/Luffy/Doffy) -> Carol (Boosted Urogue) -> Red Mob (Boosted Killer) -> Yellow Mob (Boosted Aokiji) was the big thing I learned that helped put me over the top. It does involve some orb luck, so having some orb sockets helps a ton.

Other G3 teams:
Aokiji, Rakuyo, Enel, Doflamingo
Aokiji, Garp, Enel, Doflamingo
Koza, Doflamingo, Ryuma, Vista
Aokiji, Story Enel, Prison Croco, Doflamingo
Doffy, Slasher Croc, DialSopp, Story Enel
Doffy, DialSopp, Mr. 2 / Rakuyo, Squard / any PSY beatstick

mileS

Congrats bjork! and I know that feeling because that was me a couple of sugo's ago. Glad you finally got what you wanted.

GaimeGuy

KOALA!
Edit: Ray dupe!

Guess I'll socket one of them with bind/despair/poison/stage, the other with 4 of the standard 5. Eventually.

GaimeGuy

So since I got a dupe Rayleigh, and I have dupe slasherdiles and V1 robin in my box, and I have Inthawk as well, and Doffy is farmable for as many dupes as desired....

Boom?

Top Bottom