• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Shackzam

I did one more pull after everyone being sad with their pulls this sugo so I could be sad with you guys and then I pull Ray out of nowhere.

koryuken

Bind/Despair/CD/Auto-Heal
Bind/Despair/Orbs/Auto-Heal
Bind/Despair/CD/Orbs

One of those.

I'm thinking to be very unique and go bind/orbs/heal/cd on inthawk. Reason being I got bind/despair on almost every unit, and every friend captain has them. You only need 4 units including friend for lvl 3 bind/despair... or I might use the bind/despair/orbs/cd so I can run him on WB/Croc teams when needed. Decisions, decisions.

I did one more pull after everyone being sad with their pulls this sugo so I could be sad with you guys and then I pull Ray out of nowhere.

Congrats buddy! One of the best units in the game!

bonkeng

Guys just want some of your opinions. I just started 2 weeks ago and reroll quite a lot. So currently im using a Log Luffy account, but decided to play around some of the rerolled account I've done earlier. Now i have 2 double legends account.

My question is, is Log Luffy better than these 2 fresh accounts or should i start over:

1. Log Luffy = Main (started 2 weeks ago)
2. Shanks 6* MiHawk 6* (fresh)
3. Whitebeard 6* Marco 6* (fresh)

Some of you guys mentioned Log Luffy is the best legend, but are 2 Legends better? I only prefer to keep 1 account,maybe 2 at most.

koryuken

Personally, I would keep your LL account. He can clear the most content including colusseum and you can't even get him on global anymore.

Shanks is very niche and so is Marco. Mihawk can clear a lot of content but so can his raid boss version. Also inthawk special cooldown is crazy long.

So I managed to evolve my INThawk.

I assume I shouldn't use my XP meat on him to save cost when socketing right?

/edit

GOD I HAAAAAAAAAAAATE THIS CHALLENGE.

I've done it like 20 times and EVERY TIME I SCREW UP MY PERFECTS ON THE TURN IT MATTERS DAMNIT.
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

/edit

Fuck it, I give up. This challenge is impossible for me.

ah_hia

Guys just want some of your opinions. I just started 2 weeks ago and reroll quite a lot. So currently im using a Log Luffy account, but decided to play around some of the rerolled account I've done earlier. Now i have 2 double legends account.

My question is, is Log Luffy better than these 2 fresh accounts or should i start over:

Some of you guys mentioned Log Luffy is the best legend, but are 2 Legends better? I only prefer to keep 1 account,maybe 2 at most.

Whitebeard is very hard to manage unless you have his boat and max skill.
Shanks and Marco is niche.
Mihawk is ok but log luffy will let you clear more content than any legend.
Not to mention that your log luffy has become rare now that there is no more log units.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sugofest ended - no luck for me maybe at my 500 day log-on day :-D

Congrats to GaimeGuy, Tidd, Sn4ke_911, Neoriceisgood and everyone else who got lucky this time.

The time to be pissed about non Legends getting Sugos is long over for me...still kinda sad since it will never be that "likely" to pull Rayleigh. Well cant have it all.

Lets see what kind of replacements we get for the Log Strawhats...kinda scary.

wilstreak

I'm picturing really low grade fanart of the strawhats that's not even in the same art style as the rest of the game.

Alternatively I imagine units they have the rights to recolored.

i think its time for them to reveal g4 Luffy. Since g3 luffy is pretty strong unit already and even superior to some legend, can't even imagine g4 luffy to be just non-legend card.

and maybe the rest of post TS to substitute Log character.

bjork

I dropped my phone at work tonight, cracked the shit out of my screen. I was about 3 months away from my usual "get a new phone every two years" loop anyway, but now I'm wondering if I can order a phone today and have it here in time for turtle time tomorrow. I can technically still use my phone, but I don't want to push it too much.

So what slots would be good to put on my INThawk? I don't wanna waste slots on the wrong things with a rare card.

Lock and despair for sure, then the rest are up to you.

I did lock/despair/special cooldown/orb boost, but some folks go for autoheal since slasher RCV with the coffin ship is poor.

I'm setting all my slashers up with autoheal due to the horrible recovery on their ship.

Considering how easy it is to get Orb Boost to level 1, I think I'll go:

lock/bind/CD/Heal on INThawk, particularly as inthawk really benefits from cooldown reduction.

bjork

It's definitely a viable tactic. But after taking between 6-8 hours to get the sockets I got, this mihawk is a done deal until skillbooks arrive.

Still trying to decide what to do with a dupe Sengoku. It's not like I can socket him to build a different way or anything. Oh well. Gotta get this phone sorted out first anyway. Poop

Suna Clan & Tsuru is a great moment to do clash of clashes for me.

Talk about two fortnights that have basically zero interesting books for me.

/edit

Random question just for fun now that we've been getting more captains for the secondary class types.

How would you guys rate the pure 2.5x type captains in the game?

It's obvious someone like Mihawk would take the #1 spot & the really old ones like Ace/Shanks would be low in the list, but I'm curious how you guys think about the remaining ones.

(law/towel nami/jabra/ivankov/zeff/jimbe/ ZEPHYR LOL j/k/Kidd/Whitey Bay)

Think that's all the ones we got right?

bjork

I like Whitey Bay and Nami as a team, with a delayer so Whitey's special actually sees use.

I like Kidd, but Aokiji exists, so it depends on the situations.

I don't know that I've used the others as captains. I should try a powerhouse team at some point.

mileS

I really think Treasure Cruise(global) has some below average "Tier list" guides. I didn't notice it for the first couple months of play, but after going back last night and reading the most popular ones that have been updated.. I'm not really impressed. I feel like most of us here could make better ones as a group or just casually. Doesn't help that most of these lists are designed in a way that makes it so ever character is rated around how the captain ability is. There are tons of units that will never be captains so I don't think you should base your complete rating guide at how good they are at both special and captain abilities.

bjork

I really think Treasure Cruise(global) has some below average "Tier list" guides. I didn't notice it for the first couple months of play, but after going back last night and reading the most popular ones that have been updated.. I'm not really impressed. I feel like most of us here could make better ones as a group or just casually. Doesn't help that most of these lists are designed in a way that makes it so ever character is rated around how the captain ability is. There are tons of units that will never be captains so I don't think you should base your complete rating guide at how good they are at both special and captain abilities.

I haven't looked at any in awhile, but I agree with this. I feel like most people are going to run either 2.5x ATK captains or 2x HP/ATK captains unless they've got G3 or a legend, outside of some very specific situations, like 3x captains for turtle times.

What I'd be interested in is specific lists like, which units are best for the Big Top? Which units are best with Spandam? Which units are best with Kid Buggy? And so on. Outside of that, it seems like most builds are for maximum damage or enough HP to stall for specials, and it's a pretty small pool of dudes on that end.

Kyou

Decided to clean up some space and ended up maxing my slasher croc

Then I got greedy and got zero law skill ups ;;

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I know you said global, but the gamewith tier list is constantly updated and rates based on a character's usefulness as both a captain and sub. It's pretty comprehensive.

The only issue is that the meta is obviously different, but I tend to look at it as a sneak peek of power ratings for the future of global. If we never get certain units or replacement units for SW or Zephyr, then that also changes the meta, but it still gives a decent idea.

mileS

I know you said global, but the gamewith tier list is constantly updated and rates based on a character's usefulness as both a captain and sub. It's pretty comprehensive.

The only issue is that the meta is obviously different, but I tend to look at it as a sneak peek of power ratings for the future of global. If we never get certain units or replacement units for SW or Zephyr, then that also changes the meta, but it still gives a decent idea.

Yea I stumbled upon that recently and it is exactly why I said global. Yeah you can translate it but you would think with how popular and hardcore some of our community can be that we would have something almost as good done up for global. Besides the metas it is still very useable, just disappointed global doesn't have something as good. Forgot to bookmark that site when I did find it so thank you for the reminder.

Majukun

thinking about throwing away the young choo copies and skillbooks..only got 20 of them and 15 skillups are impossible with that..and to be usable it would need at least 10,still out of the question probably
Oh one other thing, with this event over what's the best thing to do with gems now? Save up for another rate up event like that or are they pretty rare?

if you can do raids,i'd say use your gems for that,especially with the clash of clashes approaching

bjork

Did anyone get anything about what the Log characters will be replaced with, yet? I wonder if it's going to just be SHs with different art, or if they're new characters, who will they be? Replace Log Usopp with Daddy Masterson or something like that?

Ah damn, I don't think I can quite do raids yet, at least not without burning lots of gems. I just don't have the cards ot build specialized decks for most types yet.

What is your box looking like?

Kyou

Sneak peak of the new Global exclusive log replacements

6dKWKlG.png

Blue Gold Luffy

Taking a break from the maiden in love challenge was a good idea.

Tried one more time and nailed it, high score went from +- 18.700.000 to 2.504.170, clearing the 2mil goal easily.

Did anyone get anything about what the Log characters will be replaced with, yet? I wonder if it's going to just be SHs with different art, or if they're new characters, who will they be? Replace Log Usopp with Daddy Masterson or something like that?

What is your box looking like?

This is my box right now. Couldn't find a better way to link it.

Edit: removed

bjork

folks will recommend editing out your info on the top of these images, your pirate level and name/beli/etc. That info can be used to steal accounts, apparently.

As far as teams for raids, you could go
G3/G3
Arlong/Asura Zoro (or Mr 1)
GP Usopp/Mihawk

and beat raid Mihawk at the very least, possibly Mihawk forest too if you sub out Zoro for Alvida?

You also have a Vivi which means you could zombie team Mihawk and Garp. Not sure about the raids this week, though.

folks will recommend editing out your info on the top of these images, your pirate level and name/beli/etc. That info can be used to steal accounts, apparently.

Indeed. I'd recommend deleting those pictures and reuploading cropped ones. If you just crop them using imgur's edit feature, it still leaves the original versions up for someone to easily access.

mileS

Thanks guys, I don't actually have an account so just had to submit a removal request instead.

Just edit your post with the pics for now. You don't have to worry about any of us per say. It's the lurkers usually. Just to be safe!

Sengoku books coming up in the next fortnight!!!! Going to be gemming for this one. Hopefully my luck is way better than the last 2 Halloween fortnights. 2 WB, 1 Rayleigh books out of I don't know how many runs. Way too many. Wasn't as bothered by the lack of Rayleigh books, his special isn't the greatest anyway. Going to work hard on Sengoku and wait patiently for the next chance at WB books (Kraken I believe? whenever that may be)

In other news I really hope whenever they start giving back the skillbooks and copies we wasted we also get a skill up event. Would go a long way with making people happy and making up for that mistake.

bjork

Waiting on this turtle time is eating up my day off, but I gotta get this Rayleigh evolved and as close to max as possible today.

[edit - got him evolved and to 57 with TT#1. No idea if I'll be up for the second, heh]

MiTYH

Wondering why people talk highly about Ryuma. The special seems bad and the stats @ 99 seem okay but thats about it. Is it mostly just a "well if you're f2p only" its a good unit type of thing? Maybe there's not many decent psy slashers anyway, I didn't think of that.
http://onepiece-treasurecruise.com/en/c-425/

I use Ryuma. I wouldn't say I talk highly of him, but Brook's FN came a few times and with him dropping sockets and books, his special being near maxed, he's not terrible.

http://optc-db.github.io/characters/#/search/

Take a look at PSY slashers, sort by attack. Ryuma is the highest non-Legend you can recruit. I'll gladly replace him when Buster Call Raid comes along, but until then, he really is just the best option.

mileS

That explains it. I wasn't thinking about PSY only. That and I thought Maelstrom Spider Squard was a slasher for some reason. I mean look at his weapons... He has a really really high attack.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Ryuma is the strongest farmable PSY slasher until we get either colosseum Broggy, the T-bone fortnight, or the buster call raid (Momonga)

bjork

Welp, I sure fell asleep 45 minutes before my second turtle time. Rats, I tell you.

Wondering why people talk highly about Ryuma. The special seems bad and the stats @ 99 seem okay but thats about it. Is it mostly just a "well if you're f2p only" its a good unit type of thing? Maybe there's not many decent psy slashers anyway, I didn't think of that.
http://onepiece-treasurecruise.com/en/c-425/

He's nice in a slasher team or a Sengoku team, plus he looks cool, fwiw.

Unrelated: in the FP pulls, did anyone here manage to snag an Enel? I got lucky and a few Sky Island/Ark Maxim guys dropped to spare me farming them, but the big boss himself remains elusive.

Shackzam

Welp, I sure fell asleep 45 minutes before my second turtle time. Rats, I tell you.

He's nice in a slasher team or a Sengoku team, plus he looks cool, fwiw.

Unrelated: in the FP pulls, did anyone here manage to snag an Enel? I got lucky and a few Sky Island/Ark Maxim guys dropped to spare me farming them, but the big boss himself remains elusive.

I got him. Haven't evolved him yet though.

Kyou

Overall I was pretty happy with this FP event. I have everyone up through enel besides Cricket and Broggy now, which, big whoop I'll just get them some day when I have nothing else to do. They're not super important.

bjork

Overall I was pretty happy with this FP event. I have everyone up through enel besides Cricket and Broggy now, which, big whoop I'll just get them some day when I have nothing else to do. They're not super important.

I'm just missing Enel, Gedatsu, and Yama. Of those, the only one I've put real time into is Yama, who just will not drop. But with this half-stamina thing, everyone shall fall. Everyone! Muahaha etc

I'm just missing Enel, Gedatsu, and Yama. Of those, the only one I've put real time into is Yama, who just will not drop. But with this half-stamina thing, everyone shall fall. Everyone! Muahaha etc

Why Yama? He and Fire Pearl have the same exact special except Pearl has a lower cool down and is better in every single stat.

Top Bottom