• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

bjork

Waiting for fedex to bring my new phone. I only managed 6 BBs yesterday before I discovered the screen breaking more, and I'll likely get 0 Doflamingos today. But the one I had forgotten about is Sengoku skillbooks, which is pretty much where I'll farm when/if I get this account transferred properly.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Ah yeah found it. That's getting my hopes up since the only card I'm missing from that team is Perona. My Franky and G3 are pretty low level since I had better options in slasher teams most of the time, but at least I know I can level these two and be on my way to a raid worthy team for Doffy.

There are far better options, especially if you have Raid Mihawk with special leveled or Jozu. This is just something I could scrape together quickly with the recruits I have now.

mileS

Looking for a bit of advice as to which quick character to level next

4* Jozu (can evolve him when I want, I figured I'd leave him for now in case I need/want him for a Sengoku team)
4* Kalifa (RR version. Can evolve but left her for now)
4* Capone Bege (leaning towards him, always need more orb changers)
Fortnight Brook
Fortnight Lucci
4* Thatch
5* Doma (seems like a good special, starting to build some books for it as well)
5* Inazuma
5* Sanji Diable Jambe Flambe

For raids and fortnights overall, who should I look at leveling first? I don't need to save units from evolving for Sengoku teams, I have a couple other legends I can choose from. I just leave some units unevolved just in case. Any advice would be helpful.

Hana-Bi

Kalifa should be a nice addition for any rainbow team. Jozu is good for raids like Doffy and Thatch is a monster and can give you blue orbs (so you don't need Capone that much) and is THE captain for red turtle times.

I'd say Thatch first and then Jozu/Kalifa depending on your captains and your raid team against Doffy.

bjork

As someone who sits on 4* copies for the same "I might need them for a Sengoku team" reason, I'd say to go ahead and work on Jozu. My Sengoku team doesn't change around too much, and he isn't part of it.

Thatch can be another good one, but if you're only using him for red turtle times, his 4* version still gets the boost you want for it.

FN Lucci is an okay QCK Slasher, but I'd favor Doma over both him and Brook.

The main one you can kinda skip entirely is Sanji, unless you're feeding him books for his special.

Hana-Bi

I would evolve every char I get. I don't have Sengoku and probably won't get him but I have so many rr unit dupes that I always evolve them and keep the unevolved ones when I pull them.

bjork

Oh, definitely. I evolve them first, and then happen upon dupes later. But I keep those instead of feeding for sockets. I was kind of bummed when sockets first came out and I fed all the 4* dupes I had for sockets, then pulled a Sengoku not long after.

mileS

Oh, definitely. I evolve them first, and then happen upon dupes later. But I keep those instead of feeding for sockets. I was kind of bummed when sockets first came out and I fed all the 4* dupes I had for sockets, then pulled a Sengoku not long after.

lol that hurts. If box space wasn't an issue it would have been great to save some of those.

I'm guessing I would use Jozu as a captain more than I would Thatch (esp for the odd raid) so I'll probably evolve him and start feeding. Thatch is almost maxed at 4* so he's in an alright place for now.

Trying to make the best decisions leveling wise to start farming raids when they come around. Still don't have copies of Mihawk and I'd like to get enough to near max Monster Chopper when that comes around. It sucks missing out on raids now when I'm usually only a character or two off from being able to farm comfortably.

bjork

Trying to make the best decisions leveling wise to start farming raids when they come around. Still don't have copies of Mihawk and I'd like to get enough to near max Monster Chopper when that comes around. It sucks missing out on raids now when I'm usually only a character or two off from being able to farm comfortably.

I've been playing since day one and I find myself in this situation sometimes. This recent Blackbeard raid was the first time I could run him without sweating it. I still don't have a really good team for Doflamingo and I remember Aokiji being super tough last time, as well. The key is to keep in mind that they come back, and just try to be ready at that point.

bjork

transferring my account now. I hope it makes it to the new phone safely. If it doesn't, I am 100% out, heh.

[made it. It even saved my stamina overflow, good times]

Eidjinn

Gaf, need help!

My box: http://imgur.com/a/tkxe2

I'm currently level 102, just reached Long Ring Long Land and I'm aiming to get raid bosses.
I got lucky and got a copy of Black Beard and Doflamingo.

I was hoping to try my hand in the Enel raid, but I just can't get the Mihawk boat.

So, what should I do from now on? I think I have enough to get Mihawk, and maybe Garp. What about Enel and Aokiji?

Are there any units that I should really get? Or leveling up Black Beard and Dofalmingo should be priority?

Any suggestion for teams on Mihawk's island?

mileS

Almost every single Whitebeard captain vs doffy raid guide is made around having WB's special maxed. Pretty annoying to base a guide around that as a requirement considering how hard it is to max him out. I'm just looking for the safest way to stall on this one so I don't waste my stam.

Hana-Bi

Almost every single Whitebeard captain vs doffy raid guide is made around having WB's special maxed. Pretty annoying to base a guide around that as a requirement considering how hard it is to max him out. I'm just looking for the safest way to stall on this one so I don't waste my stam.

Yeah, well 17 turns is quite easy to stall (with a max skilled GP and his special used on stage 4) and it makes the fight quite easy with WB specials.

I was quite lucky with my WB special ups. Only needed 25 books to max him.

What other captains do you have?

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member

Doflamingo was the first 60 stamina raid introduced to Global. It's not an "easy" raid by definition as the requirements for a successful run are demanding. The reason most/all guides are based on maxed specials is because there is always a threshold which ultimately deems a team composition providing a safe run.

You will be hard pressed to find guides dealing with 20+ turns of stalling. While you might be able to find a run example which succeeded, it's far from consistent due to the RNG nature of turn counters on the mobs leading up to a boss stage. Whitebeard is also arguably a 'useless' legend without his special maxed. But to that end OPTC is very, very grindy in order to achieve that result.

I don't know what's in your box, your shipyard conditions, your levels, your PLV/stamina, your special cooldowns, etc. But if you're aiming for success, the safest bet and start is raid Mihawk, then working on your utility units (GP Usopp, Alvida, Perona, or rare recruit only units, etc.), and working your way up the raid ladder. The lower stamina options do provide an easier route, but they still have the same RNG dependent aspects of any raid boss as well as a less likelihood of acquiring a raid boss drop. Like Hana-Bi is saying, your other captains might provide an alternate way to approach things as well.

mileS

That actually makes sense to me now. I didn't expect an easy go at 60 stam Doffy, but I have to admit I was a bit taken back by the 'you need max WB special to try this'. Having Mihawk @ 17 turns along with WB seems like a really powerful head start on this fight. It just annoys me even further due to the fact that I'd have to have a couple max special WB friends as well. I was just complaining about the lack of WB friends in general I have.. this would limit me even further. Oh well lol

I'll eventually take pics of my box and post them so I can get a bit more help next time.

Hana-Bi

That actually makes sense to me now. I didn't expect an easy go at 60 stam Doffy, but I have to admit I was a bit taken back by the 'you need max WB special to try this'. Having Mihawk @ 17 turns along with WB seems like a really powerful head start on this fight.

I'll eventually take pics of my box and post them so I can get a bit more help next time.

Be sure to crop out any sensible information about your account (name, p.lvl, belli) before posting your box.

Kyou

I find the 40 stamina Doffy is pretty reliable for farming. I think it's a case of each Doffy having a 40% chance to drop or something. I get a drop from it like 75% of the time.

Also when I don't get it I figure it all evens out in the end with the stamina difference. 3 runs on 40 with two drops is the same as two 60 runs

Been raiding 40 stam Doffy all day with various teams like 2x G3, BB + G3 and just generally trying anything I can to bring that SOB to his knees. A lot of these teams were so inefficient they didn't even make it to Doffy so I decided to take a swing with the only semi-decent team I have, Rainbow slashers of Enraged Arlong, Asura Zoro, QCK Brooke, INTHawk and GP Usopp and chose a Doffy guest captain to stick with slasher boosting and give me shot at surviving the first attacks from the pair.

Obviously this is not the team to do this with. I died just before the first Doffy even dropped and I'd already used my stall but decided to burn a gem so I have an idea of what comes next even if I can't beat it yet. Well stage 2 really caught me off guard when he started healing close to or sometimes more than the damage I could deal. I had to use a bit of careful selection of what orbs to hold back and time it with INThawks special plus burn one more gem.

None of this mattered. That Golden Poster fell from the first Doffy so I knew I had to power through it. I'm so chuffed right now after 7 round of BB with no drops and one win on Doffy with a drop, especially considering he's way more beneficial to my current deck.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I think I've fed 60+ Enels so far since he was released. All during skill up events. still only at CD 28

So sadly I can't rest

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Enel is kicking my ass. Even on 30 stamina, I'm beating him with very very little in the way of room for error. Usually I end it with sub 1000 health remaining. My cooldowns suck. That's really what's killing me here. I just want one copy so I can stop running it.

Hana-Bi

I won't farm Enel or Aokiji. Hope they'll come the next time around when my box isn't full. (I want at least 80 copies of each for a skill-up event.)

Majukun

Enel is kicking my ass. Even on 30 stamina, I'm beating him with very very little in the way of room for error. Usually I end it with sub 1000 health remaining. My cooldowns suck. That's really what's killing me here. I just want one copy so I can stop running it.

i'm having a pretty easy time on 60 stamina with this team

[capt.] doflamingo (CD required 20)
[friend capt] mihawk (CD required max)
mihawk (CD required max)
slasherdile or law (cd required 20)
koza (no CD requirement)
gp usopp (no CD requirement)

Is the 30 stam drop rate on Enel really as low as 10%? I'm trying to take advantage of this and then my remaining gem collection on the Sugo Redux to get some much needed Captains for my decks. Doing my best to not use gems on these raids but Enel is taking a gem from me every now and then and I'm not sure the drop rate makes it worth it at this level.

HabeeNo

Enel is a beast, struggled on 30 as well with my double Ashura Zoro team :(

Will try my luck on 40 since the drop rate is higher
EDIT: Nope. Got bodied :((

I'm glad Enel is viable without skill levels cause I'm just skipping his FN for now, I know I can't reliably beat him at 60 sta yet.

I'm trying to figure out if I can beat Aokiji's 60 stamina though.

What are the "essentials" for Aokiji? level 1 lock/despair? What units?

MiTYH

After reliable BB farming (Enel/Jozu) and now reliable Doffy farming (MC/MC), it's sad to hit Enel. I technically have the team for it, just not the levels -- most Green subs are around 50 (Doublefinger, Apoo, Law). Gotta focus on those for next time.

I can reliably beat 40 stamina by hitting him to about 5/8 health, then Mihawk, Law, Apoo, Doublefinger, and friend Doffy since my cool down isn't low enough. So far I'm 1/2, but I'm due for a level up and free stamina, so that'll be nice.

Heng

I'm glad Enel is viable without skill levels cause I'm just skipping his FN for now, I know I can't reliably beat him at 60 sta yet.

I'm trying to figure out if I can beat Aokiji's 60 stamina though.

What are the "essentials" for Aokiji? level 1 lock/despair? What units?
It should be a breeze if you have log Luffy. I usually run with LL x2, Doffy, GP Usopp (you can bring impact instead but I don't have trouble killing him with a 1.5x boost from Enel, but I do struggle with stage 3 so GP Usopp makes that stage easy), Enel (the PSY one), and Garp.

Honestly you just need Doffy + PSY booster + 2 strong PSY unit. You'll also need bind/despair at level 1.

It should be a breeze if you have log Luffy. I usually run with LL x2, Doffy, GP Usopp (you can bring impact instead but I don't have trouble killing him with a 1.5x boost from Enel, but I do struggle with stage 3 so GP Usopp makes that stage easy), Enel (the PSY one), and Garp.

Honestly you just need Doffy + PSY booster + 2 strong PSY unit. You'll also need bind/despair at level 1.

Yeah that's one issue .. my Doffy's skill level is barely elevated one bit. Level 5/ 24 turns.

bjork

Gaf, need help!

My box: http://imgur.com/a/tkxe2

I'm currently level 102, just reached Long Ring Long Land and I'm aiming to get raid bosses.
I got lucky and got a copy of Black Beard and Doflamingo.

I was hoping to try my hand in the Enel raid, but I just can't get the Mihawk boat.

So, what should I do from now on? I think I have enough to get Mihawk, and maybe Garp. What about Enel and Aokiji?

Are there any units that I should really get? Or leveling up Black Beard and Dofalmingo should be priority?

Any suggestion for teams on Mihawk's island?

I think with your units, if you were to run Garp today, you'd want

Vista (friend)/Whitey Bay
Slasher Croc/Robin
and the I don't know the other two spots. Maybe Alvida to get damage reduction from Garp's special

But I don't know if it would work 100% or not, depending on levels and cooldowns, etc.

When Mihawk's raid rolls around next time, you can do it with

G3/G3
Alvida/Arlong
GP Usopp/[whoever]

As long as you can stall for Usopp's special and you get to Mihawk with enough HP to take Mihawk's pre-emptive (I think it's 4000 HP?), you can pop Usopp's special and wail your way to victory.

I forget, but I think that team can also be used for the Mihawk forest. It's been awhile since I did that though, so it's fuzzy.

No real advice on Aokiji, because I remember getting slaughtered by him, so I know I didn't have the proper team build for it.

As far as units to level, BB and Doflamingo are worth evolving for sure, and if you can get Smoker to his bike form, he's a good unit with a low cost.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
FINALLY. Got one drop of Enel on 40 Stamina. I was getting such horrible orb luck, I couldn't rely on getting either food or DEX orbs, so I just decided to use the Coffin Boat to just tank hits instead of relying on RNG. That was the change I needed to be able to take on 40.

i'm having a pretty easy time on 60 stamina with this team

[capt.] doflamingo (CD required 20)
[friend capt] mihawk (CD required max)
mihawk (CD required max)
slasherdile or law (cd required 20)
koza (no CD requirement)
gp usopp (no CD requirement)

That's a solid team. My main problem was the cooldowns. Frankly, my cooldowns just suck right now, and that's probably the most important thing against Enel since stalling is a little difficult. Definitely trying to get something similar for when I can actually farm Enel in the future.

This is what I ended up using. I had to find a Doflamingo friend with a cooldown of 26-27 to make it work:
http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...8:75,511:70,15:50C4,8B200D0E1360Q0L0G0R0S100H

GaimeGuy

I use double Doffy, Law, Mihawk, marco, GPU, with max coffin boat. All skill maxed. It's not the fastest, but it's safe

I use double Doffy, Law, Mihawk, marco, GPU, with max coffin boat. All skill maxed. It's not the fastest, but it's safe

My Doffy isn't max skilled, but this is my team as well. I completely forgot what team I used initially and went in with a Law/Zoro team that failed horribly. RIP 60 STA.

GaimeGuy

My Doffy isn't max skilled, but this is my team as well. I completely forgot what team I used initially and went in with a Law/Zoro team that failed horribly. RIP 60 STA.

Yeah, the only characters you really need with any skill levels on the team are marco and mihawk (mid 20s). No sockets necessary. I know because when Enel first came out like 2 weeks after Doffy first came out, I beat 60 stamina enel with this team, when sockets weren't out yet, and no one had skilled up their doffies, and my marco was only at 23-25 CD. And I only had a level 9 coffin boat.

Kyou

looking up aoikiji teams it always sucks to have that one unit that isnt skilled up enough to make it work...

not sure what I can put together for him

GaimeGuy

Definitely yolo feeding my aokijis - My sockets are at 4/4/2, CD is at 21 (so only 3 more skill ups needed, but 5 socket points)

Edit ^ You really want to have level 2 anti lock / anti-silence and a max doffy for aokiji.

Kyou

Definitely yolo feeding my aokijis - My sockets are at 4/4/2, CD is at 21 (so only 3 more skill ups needed, but 5 socket points)

Edit ^ You really want to have level 2 anti lock / anti-silence and a max doffy for aokiji.
The Doffy is the problem. Subbing in coby and seeing how that goes...

GaimeGuy

I decided to try a double rayleigh team.

Except I forgot to switch out the Coffin Boat.

HOWEVER, I had matching orbs on garp, impact usopp, doffy, and mihawk, and one turn to burst with.

I hit all my perfects.

Unfortunately...

tdXx0qI.jpg

I think I'm going to go back to double garp

Kyou

managed to beat 60 Aoikiji with Rayleigh/Rayleigh, Garp, Coby, I Usopp and Mihawk

here's a fun thing to realize after starting. I misread my socket numbers and I had level 2 -DESPAIR- socket, not lock. Ended up not being a problem thankfully because my rayleigh's cooldown was low enough.

Then I had to save scum the fuuuuuuck out of garp's special.

bonkeng

managed to beat 60 Aoikiji with Rayleigh/Rayleigh, Garp, Coby, I Usopp and Mihawk

here's a fun thing to realize after starting. I misread my socket numbers and I had level 2 -DESPAIR- socket, not lock. Ended up not being a problem thankfully because my rayleigh's cooldown was low enough.

Then I had to save scum the fuuuuuuck out of garp's special.

How do you save scum? And what does it do or purpose?

Kyou

How do you save scum? And what does it do or purpose?

When you resume a game after quitting, it'll start you at the beginning of your turn before you used any specials. Garp's special, for example, gives you random PSY or RCV orbs. I wanted to get PHY orbs on all my PHY units. The dice rolls for the specials are not set in stone, so if you don't get results you like you can quit, resume, and try again until you get what you want. It's long and annoying, but if you just want to get something done it works.

The severe lack of Whitebeards on my friends list is considerably hampering my plans for this raid. I need 4 more skill ups on my Aokiji because I got RNG screwed during the skill up event even though I finished my sockets. I guess 25 copies should be safe?

bonkeng

When you resume a game after quitting, it'll start you at the beginning of your turn before you used any specials. Garp's special, for example, gives you random PSY or RCV orbs. I wanted to get PHY orbs on all my PHY units. The dice rolls for the specials are not set in stone, so if you don't get results you like you can quit, resume, and try again until you get what you want. It's long and annoying, but if you just want to get something done it works.

Oh i see. That's a neat trick. I always thought it just saves at exactly where you left off. I'll try this out, thanks.

Kyou

Oh i see. That's a neat trick. I always thought it just saves at exactly where you left off. I'll try this out, thanks.

For the record it saves when you actually start attacking. Like if you quit after accidentally tapping someone and restart it'll skip your turn and go right to the enemy attacking

I'm going to skip Aokiji (yet again, D:).

I've yet to get enough sockets for my Garp team (he's 5/5 Lock/Despair, but I have zero sockets on Impact or Marco and only a few Lock between Bon/Rakuyo and Coby.

I think I'll prob end up using a Double Enel, Beast Lucci, Prision Croc, Kaku, Mihawk team next time he's around. I know that sockets and skill lvls aren't needed, but my levels aren't maxed (92 Enel, 75 Lucci, 40 Croc). I doubt I'd have enough power for the necessary ~1.4m 2-Turn Burst at the end.

Top Bottom