• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

Majukun

watsed gems other gems making stupid mistakes against aokiji..i think i'll pass farming aokiji for today..is he needed skilled up for any content?

Gave Aokiji a shot at 60 stamina to get an idea what he's like.

He's actually a lot less difficult than I expected though I accidentally made him dip under 20% so got insta-KOed lol.

By the looks of it I should be able to get him/farm him half reliably if I get doflamingo's skill level like 3-4 points higher.

Are int nullifiers like kimono nami often used for this raid?

I had actually decided to slot in Marco for his full recovery, but considering how few actual attacks Aokiji performs until he dips under 50% I can imagine nullification being a stronger weapon in case your burst just falls a few health points short.

/edit

Got my first Aokiji from 40 stamina, wooh!

bjork

Gonna skip Aokiji in favor of the Vivi fortnight, I think. I'd like to socket Koza and see if I can get any more Sengoku books. Is Aokiji the last of the raids for now? I forgot he was even going to be around.

Wooh I just managed to farm Braham, with that I've farmed the last unique unit to angel island.

This means I've cleared story units for:

-everything up to Little Guarden. (still need one of the giants)
-both alabasta islands (aside from the sea cat!!)
- Upper Yard.

Close to completion are:
little garden/drum/water 7 only missing 1 unit: (2 if we count kaku's alt evo)

sky island: 2 units missing

I like hoarding story mode garbage for some reason hahah.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
When you resume a game after quitting, it'll start you at the beginning of your turn before you used any specials. Garp's special, for example, gives you random PSY or RCV orbs. I wanted to get PHY orbs on all my PHY units. The dice rolls for the specials are not set in stone, so if you don't get results you like you can quit, resume, and try again until you get what you want. It's long and annoying, but if you just want to get something done it works.
You can also use this to cheat any orb randomization or randomized unit locks by enemies

You can also use this to cheat any orb randomization or randomized unit locks by enemies
Just be careful when attempting this. If it is done at the start of a turn, you can reload it with no problems. However, if it is done as it's own turn (ex: Blackbeard's Preemptive Lock) then you must force close the app as soon as the lock appears (before the turn is over).

Oh wow, I am shocked that I was actually able to pull off a 2x Enel team to beat Aokiji 60 at my low levels. It was really close and not something I want to farm with, but it worked.

2x Enel, Kaku, Prison Croc, Hina, Mihawk

1/5
- Kill all but the big guy, stall until CDs are all MAX.
2/5
- Defeat them all normally.
3/5
- Use Sunny's Gaon Cannon.
4/5
- Use Croc's skill.
5/5
- Fight until he is near 50%. Farm orbs until full Blue.
- Attack after he attacks. 30% cut w/ Mihawk, Lock Orbs w/ Hina, Boost Orbs w/ Kaku, Boost Blue w/ Enel 1, Use Sunny's Gaon Cannon.
- Boost Blue w/ Enel 2. Finish him off. Ideally he'll lock Mihawk but as long as he doesn't lock the strongest unit it should be ok.

I'll use this for a few 40 runs, which should far easier at only 2m HP. At my levels, I just barely got the 2-turn, 1.5m damage needed to finish him off after Mihawk's HP cut. If I can max my levels and get some Anti-lock on the team it will be much less stressful to farm 60 next time.

ah_hia

Aokiji is so stressful. I've been screwed so many times not hitting the last 2 perfects and missing the chance to kill him.
Also FUCK autotargeting. I swear they do it deliberately to make us fail more.

GaimeGuy

glad I yolo fed my aokijis. 0/8 on sockets, 1 skill level.

Now I need just 2 skill levels, still need 5 socket points though (1 bind, 1 despair, 3 CD) '-'

Eidjinn

I think with your units, if you were to run Garp today, you'd want

Vista (friend)/Whitey Bay
Slasher Croc/Robin
and the I don't know the other two spots. Maybe Alvida to get damage reduction from Garp's special

But I don't know if it would work 100% or not, depending on levels and cooldowns, etc.

When Mihawk's raid rolls around next time, you can do it with

G3/G3
Alvida/Arlong
GP Usopp/[whoever]

As long as you can stall for Usopp's special and you get to Mihawk with enough HP to take Mihawk's pre-emptive (I think it's 4000 HP?), you can pop Usopp's special and wail your way to victory.

I forget, but I think that team can also be used for the Mihawk forest. It's been awhile since I did that though, so it's fuzzy.

No real advice on Aokiji, because I remember getting slaughtered by him, so I know I didn't have the proper team build for it.

As far as units to level, BB and Doflamingo are worth evolving for sure, and if you can get Smoker to his bike form, he's a good unit with a low cost.

Thanks for all the tips!

I actually managed to get one copy of BB, one Doflamingo and one Enel.

The team against Garp, I'm thinking of using Robin... and the last spot maybe Ivankov(int).

bonkeng

Guys, can you rate the raids from easiest to hardest? I want to try the easiest first, as the 4 raids that just concluded are too much for me.

I dont want to waste my stamina if i know i have 0% of success lol.

Kyou

Guys, can you rate the raids from easiest to hardest? I want to try the easiest first, as the 4 raids that just concluded are too much for me.

Mihawk is definitely the easiest

Verelios

Pulled once for Basil. Not bad since I didn't have him yet. All I'm missing from the worst generation are Bonney and Bepo...I want neither.

I went 1/5 for Aokiji drops at 40. Def not doing that again.

On the plus side, I did 2 Sugo pulls:
4* Dark Justice Kaku [Dupe]
5* Strongest Generation Jabra

I'll take it! Nice to have a 2.5x Powerhouse Captain + another strong Blue unit (these used to be so damn weak).

GaimeGuy

The easiest ones are probably Mihawk and Monster Chopper, followed by Ivankov, Garp, and Blackbeard.

There's lots of other raids

bjork

2 pulls on my alt account:
base usopp
base zoro

2 pulls on my main
evolved inazuma
miss wednesday

after last sugo, I'll stop here.

It's nice to see Mihawk coming back and knowing I don't have to touch it. :)

bjork

Pulling a silver poster in a sugo is almost as bad as going, "oh yeah, it's monday" and realizing you missed your first turtle time because you were on here doing nothing. Whoops!

[edit - but in Crows X Worst V, I just got a 5* Hanaki Guriko to drop and he is basically like if you could farm a legend in OPTC. Today is a good day.]

[edit 2 - and the "new day" thing kicked in right after that, which means I got him at the last possible second. Bad ass.]

Decided to burn my gems since I still really need some powerful characters to fill out my QCK and RCV units. The best I got was Miss Wednesday and Mr. 3. Both of which I'm assuming are trash and anything else was either useless or a dupe.

I'm still lacking some much needed units so it looks like my best choice now is to stockpile my gems for a proper sugo again and prepare to mash my way through every raid. At the very least I need to get Mihawk, Chopper and Garp so maybe I'll have better options for the Enel and aokiji raids.

bjork

Decided to burn my gems since I still really need some powerful characters to fill out my QCK and RCV units. The best I got was Miss Wednesday and Mr. 3. Both of which I'm assuming are trash and anything else was either useless or a dupe.

I'm still lacking some much needed units so it looks like my best choice now is to stockpile my gems for a proper sugo again and prepare to mash my way through every raid. At the very least I need to get Mihawk, Chopper and Garp so maybe I'll have better options for the Enel and aokiji raids.

Keep Mr.3 because he's an INT Slasher with a turn delay special. He's got some uses, even if he isn't considered top-tier. Miss Wednesday can be evolved all the way up to a Princess Vivi, but unless you're planning to run a zombie team, neither MW or Vivi is vital.

Getting raid Mihawk is key, but even more key is lowering his special. A max special Mihawk opens up a ton of the game, especially if you have the coffin boat.

[edit - got a ticket in Crows for a new character, with a 10% chance of it being 5*. Got a 4* Butcher, which is a new guy for me, but sometimes after you get them, they go up one star and he did, so I got a 5* Butcher today, too. This is my lucky day on phone games.]

Keep Mr.3 because he's an INT Slasher with a turn delay special. He's got some uses, even if he isn't considered top-tier. Miss Wednesday can be evolved all the way up to a Princess Vivi, but unless you're planning to run a zombie team, neither MW or Vivi is vital.

Getting raid Mihawk is key, but even more key is lowering his special. A max special Mihawk opens up a ton of the game, especially if you have the coffin boat.

[edit - got a ticket in Crows for a new character, with a 10% chance of it being 5*. Got a 4* Butcher, which is a new guy for me, but sometimes after you get them, they go up one star and he did, so I got a 5* Butcher today, too. This is my lucky day on phone games.]

Thanks for the tips. Mr 3 may be handy after all then especially if it can stack with GP Usopp. Just curious how do you get the coffin boat? I have a feeling you're gonna say Mihawks forest training which I've been trying to beat off and on for about a year. I plan to farm Mihawk but getting his boat may be another question if it's unlocked how I suspect.

mileS

Thanks for the tips. Mr 3 may be handy after all then especially if it can stack with GP Usopp. Just curious how do you get the coffin boat? I have a feeling you're gonna say Mihawks forest training which I've been trying to beat off and on for about a year. I plan to farm Mihawk but getting his boat may be another question if it's unlocked how I suspect.

Any characters that have a delay attack like that can't really stack per say. Say if the enemy has 1 turn to attack. You use GP Usopp. He's at 4 now. You can't use your Mr.3 until those 4 turns the enemy has are over. I have taken both before and it can definitely help.

As far as the boat I'm not so sure myself. I haven't made any hardcore attempts at the forests. I would just worry about farming the ever living hell out of raid Mihawk later this week like I have to :D

Kyou

the game knows I will never get a Sengoku and is making it fucking raaaaaaaain Sengoku books

edit: six today so far! I had to squeeze Rayleigh books from a stone!

bjork

It is indeed how you unlock his coffin boat. How far are you getting into his forest?

It is indeed how you unlock his coffin boat. How far are you getting into his forest?

On my last run I made it to the rainbow dragon where I took that one last hit to drain my hp. I'd like to think I was pretty close but the amount of hp I reached that stage with makes me think otherwise knowing what comes after. I do have Marco in my deck now though which may help, however it will mean either removing certain types from my deck or giving up GPU's delay. If my Doffy gets high enough to evolve soon I might feel more confident with 4x hp instead, but I don't know if I'd be sacrificing damage too much too.

That forest has had me stumped for a while to be honest. It feels significantly harder than most raids.

bjork

On my last run I made it to the rainbow dragon where I took that one last hit to drain my hp. I'd like to think I was pretty close but the amount of hp I reached that stage with makes me think otherwise knowing what comes after. I do have Marco in my deck now though which may help, however it will mean either removing certain types from my deck or giving up GPU's delay. If my Doffy gets high enough to evolve soon I might feel more confident with 4x hp instead, but I don't know if I'd be sacrificing damage too much too.

That forest has had me stumped for a while to be honest. It feels significantly harder than most raids.

It's tough, no doubt. I just tried it with the team I think I used to get it back then, and I whiffed at stage 20. iirc, it all boils down to timing specials and a little orb luck. I wish I knew which guide I used for help, but it's been so long that I forget. You can do it, though. I have faith. :)

The forests are basically the highest difficulty content in the game and meant to be end game goals. Japan has a few more of them than we do, and, upon completion, they all reward a gem + a boat.

And it looks like on June 5th the "Ambition" class will be introduced as the "Driven" class. I liked the names of Powerhouse and Cerebral but Driven just sounds like a downgrade. Vroom vroom?

I suspect this means Buster call is right around the corner with 200 more box space. Oniguma has a "Driven" typing and bomb orbs will have been introduced in Thriller Bark: Mouth Gate so there's nothing else preventing us at this point. June 9th or 16th if I had to take a guess.

GaimeGuy

And it looks like on June 5th the "Ambition" class will be introduced as the "Driven" class. I liked the names of Powerhouse and Cerebral but Driven just sounds like a downgrade. Vroom vroom?

I suspect this means Buster call is right around the corner with 200 more box space. Oniguma has a "Driven" typing and bomb orbs will have been introduced in Thriller Bark: Mouth Gate so there's nothing else preventing us at this point. June 9th or 16th if I had to take a guess.

HELLO MOMONGA, AND WELCOME TO MY SLASHER TEAM '-'

Top Bottom