• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It is but a much welcome surprise!

so with these new units do you think we'll get another legend on global?

I think people are suggesting that we might get the Driven/Ambition batch 1, that did not include a legend. But Driven/Ambition batch 2 did include Legend Doffy.

I'm not sure if both sets of Driven characters were boosted with the second batch. It might make sense to wait for the second batch if that's the case.

bjork

I'm surprised there was no info on the log unit replacements.

edit - sengoku books are in hiding, it seems. 15 runs with 0.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, so I've quit for a second time - but this time is definitely permanent.

Realistically I should've sold my account, but in some ways that's also unrealistic. There is no way to recoup what I've played out for the last 450+ days and it was never about that for me. What's invested is what I've invested and I had a lot fun along the way. Especially early on, there was nothing more exciting than grinding incessantly. For me now, however, the weekly upkeep that I wanted to do wasn't/isn't something I was willing to maintain anymore. If there is one admission, I think sockets were the death of me. Grinding for special levels and sockets at the same time was agreeable, but having to go back and redo fortnights felt soulless and depleted my stamina heavily.

Anyway, all the best in future Sugos and those still hunting for their first legend. The new update coming soon looks promising, hopefully colosseum is around the corner as well. Good luck to all of you still playing, grind well.

chrono01

Alright, so I've quit for a second time - but this time is definitely permanent.

Realistically I should've sold my account, but in some ways that's also unrealistic. There is no way to recoup what I've played out for the last 450+ days and it was never about that for me. What's invested is what I've invested and I had a lot fun along the way. Especially early on, there was nothing more exciting than grinding incessantly. For me now, however, the weekly upkeep that I wanted to do wasn't/isn't something I was willing to maintain anymore. If there is one admission, I think sockets were the death of me. Grinding for special levels and sockets at the same time was agreeable, but having to go back and redo fortnights felt soulless and depleted my stamina heavily.

Anyway, all the best in future Sugos and those still hunting for their first legend. The new update coming soon looks promising, hopefully colosseum is around the corner as well. Good luck to all of you still playing, grind well.
Sorry to lose you man, but I agree completely. I haven't quit yet, but I haven't been playing much. Honestly, the game lost a lot of interest for me when sockets were introduced, which is weird since I was originally looking forward to them. If it was a guarantee and you could choose which sockets were unlocked with each fusing, it wouldn't be so bad, but the RNG nature of it (and the continuous farming) really irritated me. RNG was bad enough with skill-up's, but at least with those (when you managed to get one) it was what you needed. Add to this, the importance of proper sockets, and you have a recipe for major headaches. :/

I love One Piece, and the game as a whole has some really cool mechanics. I just really hate the idea of spending so much time socketing every useful character, it's just way too much work for me. I still log in daily, and aren't outright quitting, but I'm definitely on a "vacation" of sorts right now. We'll see what the future holds.

Anyway, best of luck to you out there. Thanks for being such a positive force surrounding the game, and being part of this community. Wish you all the best!

Kyou

edit - sengoku books are in hiding, it seems. 15 runs with 0.
if I could send you mine I would. The game is taunting me. I got 8 today.

c4oyvAM.jpg

Hana-Bi

Will you keep your account or are you giving it away? It's really sad to see some 450+ days player to quit.

I really don't know if I could just quit the game. It is really a strange time right now (and I know I pulled way too much in the first legend boosted sugo that I thought I need to stop or else I would just keep going and waste more money than I ever thought I would) but with the new update and hopefully the colo around the corner there is still some life in this game for me.

Best or worst part is the box space. This forces me to just play with natural stamina and skip most of the raids. I play in the morning and in the evening for couple of minutes and that's it. With this I don't get burned out with the grind.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Will you keep your account or are you giving it away? It's really sad to see some 450+ days player to quit.

I passed it off to another player, hopefully they'll breathe new life into it.

In regards to everything else you're saying, I know for myself since the Anniversary Sugo I probably spent more over the course of the last few months than I did the entire first year. When I started to think about it perspectively, I looked at what was causing that inherent addiction and just the nature of maintaining a status if there even was one. The thing about facing the RNG is it's easy to get caught up in a certain arrogance or even desperation to "oh I can just pull more" "oh what's another gem pack" etc. And with Sugos, having been on both ends of coming up empty or succeeding, it's like... to what end? Or in general, for the game, is there an end? I really don't think there is one.

Whether Bamco is sad it loses me as a player, I don't think that matters. There was no way I funded enough of the game to provide whatever skeleton crew they had running it their salary. But above all else, I just feel I'm replaceable to them and they got what they got from me. It's more so what I take from this experience and what I let go.

It wasn't that I didn't love my account, I wanted to keep going and take my units as far as I could take them. It just came to a point where I felt like I literally couldn't anymore, from a sheer physical stamina standpoint the game required, or more so the level at which I would've been satisfied playing it at. And I think that's the differentiating factor for every player. I have more respect for those who take their time and play with real patience, you beat the freemium system more that way then going min/max. But that's just my opinion and I lived the min/max life.

bjork

Ah, what a drag. But I get it, I'm barely hanging on to my puzzle and dragons account for similar reasons. Whatever you move on to, best of luck!

edit - if you're looking for something similar with far less grind, Crows X Worst V on the JP iOS store fits the bill. It helps if you know the characters though, for tandems and whatnot. But 100% skill ups when feeding dupes and you don't have to time anything, so the play is easier.

Majukun

while I agree that sockets might be infuriating, I also know that if not for sockets most of the drops of some fortnights will be useless for us 'veterans'.. like this one with young Vivi, the characters per sé aren' t interesting because we already have plenty, so at least they give us a reason to care.
I agree that it would be so much better to be able to choose your sockets, or if all of them were useful instead of just half, but a losing proposition it's what gambling (and gatcha) is about

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Normally i would say its sad to see you go - but honestly thats the best decisions you could make.. Doesnt make sense to stay attached to an Account if you arent feeling it anymore. I feel the same way...Sockets kinda killed the game for me just like i expected when i first heard about them. Waiting for skill rate up, non stop box troubles, skipping Raids ala Zephyr, bad Gacha luck when it comes to Legends etc. all things that kinda tempered my excitement. To be honest if wasnt such a OP fan i would have dropped the game completely already.

Right now i try to log in and provide at least a useful lead for my friends.

I miss the early days of the game were nearly every new Island would provide new and useful units or skillbooks. Right now we are often getting content that is either to troublesome to clear or not just worth the effort unless you own that single Legend which needs the skillbooks dropped.

Also even if you are out for good or taking a longer break...nothing is stopping you from getting back into the game a couple of months or years down the line.

MiTYH

So I started JPN after the crisis in global a few weeks ago with Log units. Might not keep it for long but I basically saved gems to go all out in this sugofest. 95 gems total from beating up to and including Laboon, and the results were... mixed

In order of amazing to not amazing

- LEGEND Bartolomeo!
- Jozu
- Roronoa Zoro, Merveille's Adventurer
- Sanji, Kamabakka Queendom Fugitive
- Leo
- Izo
- QCK Jabra
- Nami Fine Tempo
- Bon Clay
- Mr 3
- Young Hina
- Bellmere
- Chaka
- Hotori and Kotori
- Zoro v1
- Nami v1
- Gen-san
- Gen-san
- Gen-san

So on the one hand, LEGEND GET! Only took about ten draws all things considered. And having Bon Clay, Jozu, are all makings of a good team And I got Leo who just looks awesome.

But 3 Gen-sans? What the hell JPN version! Also it was a good silver-fest, if this wasn't a new account I'd be more upset. At least the new Nami/Zoro versions can take the sockets.

Mostly upset over the Jabra... my main Global account could really use him!

Tidd

Did someone post this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkAy1rMnFJs

It's a double Enel team(+Inthawk) which can beat the Whitebeard forest. I tried it out and so far it works. You only need to get a few meat orbs on stage 19 while you stall for your specials. I did 3 tries so far (one attempt I fucked up because I killed Vista too early somehow thinking my Inthawk was ready <.<) But it feels more doable than my G3 attempts. Only requirement is a max GPU, a lot of RCV on Enel(so you can get the 3000-3300HP heal) and Lv.1 despair, maybe a max Sunny for the extra damage. Nice to have would be auto-heal lv 5 so you need even less meat on Stage 19. Only problem right now is that no one uses Enel except for one person on my FL. .__.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

Good luck. However, I'm in the same boat. I just can't bring myself to grind it out on a weekly basis anymore. Especially when there's other games and other things I want to focus my attention on. It's not worth all of the energy that I was putting into it. I have my account, but I haven't logged in a while. Good luck!

Heng

Heh it's funny seeing the three of you guys say that, I'm also feeling the same way. It just doesn't feel fun anymore and it's getting too grindy for me. I'll keep logging in daily, maybe I'll get past this burned out phase.

Tidd

Looks like the OT will have 3 people in a few weeks. :(

Keep it casually, don't force yourself to farm everything if you don't want to and isn't necessary to beat any future content.

MiTYH

Keep it casually, don't force yourself to farm everything if you don't want to and isn't necessary to beat any future content.

I'm with this. Every now and then I get bummed out on the game and just log in for gems. This current FT rotation doesn't help, and Mihawk coming back as Raid is nice but a lot of people have Maxed him already.

New island is coming tonight, so that's something to go for for a change of pace. But if you're bored, take a break until Colosseum comes out (hopefully in a month or so)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

You never know if it'll ever be viable; better safe than sorry as stamina is the most precious resource.

Tidd

You never know if it'll ever be viable; better safe than sorry as stamina is the most precious resource.

Sure, but we usually know what content we will get thanks to Japan and except for Sugos and story mode we are far behind so you have enough time to farm what you're missing when a fortnight/raidboss returns

Taking it slow just means you'll have to tackle some of the harder content a bit later.

I waited to take on Mihawk until most of gaf already had their mihawk special maxed and ready to take down anything with ease.

And look at me now, two dot five legends and basically an optcgaf superstar.

bjork

I think when you're burned out, it's just like, get the new units from the fortnights and then that's cool. When they slam a ton of content like that, it's impossible to keep up with all of it, so I just stopped trying. I'll eventually get there.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Another factor that demotivated me as well was that with the number of characters/legends/etc that I have, I can pretty much beat any upcoming raid with zero prep. That doesn't help motivation at all. I probably won't "quit", I just don't know when I'll login again.

To counteract all this depressing talk: I PULLED A LEGEND

Xest2Myl.jpg

In the Japanese version...

That brings me up to 5 Legends on JPN now. And I would trade them all away for one legend on Global...

bjork

Another factor that demotivated me as well was that with the number of characters/legends/etc that I have, I can pretty much beat any upcoming raid with zero prep. That doesn't help motivation at all. I probably won't "quit", I just don't know when I'll login again.

If you don't log in, are you missing the daily gems and whatnot? I've managed to log in every day, so I don't know how it works.

That brings me up to 5 Legends on JPN now. And I would trade them all away for one legend on Global...[/spoiler]

It seems like once you get the first one, you loosen up the game somehow. I wanted one and I think I have 6 now. Wish I knew what the trick was, or if there even is a trick to it.

Hana-Bi

yolo pull, hoping for Kalifa

Kalifa.

I'm out for at least 2-3 sugos now, there's no way.

Nice. Congrats. :) Will hopefully pull the next time when Doffy Batch 3 will be released. Maybe I'll pull three times every sugo, so that I get a yolo great pull like you did. (Hah, who am I kidding. :D)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Fujitora was just released as a legend in Japan:

Int Ambition/Powerhouse
3809 HP
1380 Atk
325 RCV

Captain Ability: Boosts HP of Ambition characters by 1.5x. Makes TND and RCV orbs beneficial to Ambition characters. Boosts ATK of Ambition characters by 3x if they have a matching orb, by 1.5x otherwise.

Special: Cuts the current HP of each enemy by 20%. At the end of the turn for 3 turns, cuts the current HP of each enemy by 20%. (24 turn initial CD)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Int Ambition/Powerhouse
3809 HP
1380 Atk
325 RCV

Captain Ability: Boosts HP of Ambition characters by 1.5x. Makes TND and RCV orbs beneficial to Ambition characters. Boosts ATK of Ambition characters by 3x if they have a matching orb, by 1.5x otherwise.

Special: Cuts the current HP of each enemy by 20%. At the end of the turn for 3 turns, cuts the current HP of each enemy by 20%. (24 turn initial CD)

Not OP at all. lol

Dandte

To counteract all this depressing talk: I PULLED A LEGEND

It's kinda ironic that i was in the legendless Club for over 460 days, god sick of the game, only logged in for gems, did no rankings or farming and now that i pullede strong world ace i got the pulled back in, even though he is kinda useless, a good amount of orher over 460 days player quit, who had multiple legends the whole time. Looks like legends doesen't make the game fun. it was beating Aoiji without mr 2, usopp ans sengoku, the challenge to beat content outside guides and celebrate every new unit.

i'm missing so many units, the whole revo and cp guys, a good amount of wb 2 etc. but at the moment i really like to log back in.

Also it feels good to have a 6* max level +200 5sockets( yes 5 because i had so many fu****** spare aces god dammit i hate...no wait...) strong world ace.

Went through my log....currently missing

Strawhats V2

Mr. Prince

Whitebeard V1

Izo

Supernovae

Urouge

Warlord of the Sea

Kuma

Whitebeard V2

Fossa

Whitebeard V3

Doma
Little Oars Jr.

Revos

Koala
Hack
Ivankov

CP9

Kaku
Kalifa
Jabra
Blueno
Fukuro
Kumadori

Log Characters

Nami
Vivi
Robin
Brook
Franky

Special Characters

Little Ace
Little Sabo
Little Ruffy

Tashigi Flower of Justice

Law Christmas
Bonney Christmas

Persona Sweets
Vivi Sweets (<3 ,_____, )

Brook Blossom
Nami Blossom

legends

Whitebeard
Rayleigh
Boa
Sengoku
Shanks
Croco
Inthawk
Sabo
Lucci

Outside of CP 9 and Revos not to bad....ok 0 from the special Characters and i'm missing log nami and vivi, which makes me really sad :/ But my Dex is filling itself slow and steady.

RedBoot

Been on vacation for the last week. Managed to log in a couple times for gems and a few Sand Sand runs, but that's about it (missed all four Clashes, I'll farm Dofy one of these days). Back now though, just in time for Thriller Bark. Also, I got exactly Zero Sengoku books from my Sand Sand runs, so I guess I'll be doing a little of that too. My drops were weird, actually, I've gotten more Cobras than Vivis or Kozas. :p

Did three sugo pulls, got Namule, Nico Robin, and Buggy, all dupes of course. I think I've pulled Buggy like ten times from sugo, he may well have overtaken Choo and Miss Goldenweek by now. Probably gonna stick with 2-3 pulls per sugo from now until 3D2Y, as planned.

As for all the talk of being demotivated with the game, I certainly hit that now and then. Usually a week or two of just getting the login plus a couple runs here and there is enough until I get interested again. I've actually been kind of high on the game lately, both Arlong and Sand Sand have been fun fortnights. I'm definitely going to stick around until Cerebral becomes viable, I want to get some use out of my Legend Croc. I really want the Colosseum and Friend Captain updates though, both of those should help the game a lot.

And holy crap is Driven a terrible name. Couldn't just go with Ambitious?

GaimeGuy

As painful as it is, I think I'm going to skip the Punk Hazard and Donquixote sugofests. Excluding legends and time exclusive characters (blossom/xmas, etc), I'm only missing 9 evolutionary lines from the RR pool.

Legend/pseudo legend wise, I have G3, Rayleigh, and Inthawk. I have Koala. I have Hack. I have Namule. I have koza. I have Robin. When you consider slasherdile and raid Momonga, you can see, my teams will be slasher/int/fighter/cerebral based. And there aren't any slashers in these upcoming batches.

Sure, monet, trebol, and Sugar would be nice, but I need to let the RR pools grow so that the next times I pull, I'm much more likely to get characters I don't already have.

As painful as it is, I think I'm going to skip the Punk Hazard and Donquixote sugofests. Excluding legends and time exclusive characters (blossom/xmas, etc), I'm only missing 9 evolutionary lines from the RR pool.

Legend/pseudo legend wise, I have G3, Rayleigh, and Inthawk. I have Koala. I have Hack. I have Namule. I have koza. I have Robin. When you consider slasherdile and raid Momonga, you can see, my teams will be slasher/int/fighter/cerebral based. And there aren't any slashers in these upcoming batches.

Sure, monet, trebol, and Sugar would be nice, but I need to let the RR pools grow so that the next times I pull, I'm much more likely to get characters I don't already have.

I feel similarly, I let my gems sink to zero during the legend up sugos (no complaints, happy with inthawk); so I'd rather start saving up a whole bunch of gems again to increase the odds of true new material.

GaimeGuy

I got 5 gems from a snail and did a Yolo pull since we have boosted legend rates.

SW ace. :eek:

Give zephyr+SW Franky plz

Edit: New Japan fortnight condition:
STR/DEX/QCK units get their attack boosted by 1.6x, HP reduced by 90%. INT/PSY units get their attack reduced by 80% and their HP doubled. Wut.

RedBoot

Edit: New Japan fortnight condition:
STR/DEX/QCK units get their attack boosted by 1.6x, HP reduced by 90%. INT/PSY units get their attack reduced by 80% and their HP doubled. Wut.

Eh, at least they're trying new things. I'd probably just end up running a STR/DEX/QCK slasher team, but hey. Might be fun to do a INT Slashers team with the Coffin Boat and Double Vista captains, just to see how high you'd go.

koryuken

Int Ambition/Powerhouse
3809 HP
1380 Atk
325 RCV

His special is ridiculous, but I kind of think the captain is so so. Personally, I don't think the TND & RCV orbs (treated as matching) make up for standard 1.5x boost. IMO SW Ace is still better in Japan.

Suck it, whitebeard.

Your Dick is mine.

er... Moby Dick.

Huh, I have every member in that lineup so I'm gonna make a mental bookmark of this I think. I could do the build but I don't have a high enough level to actually use them yet. Congrats! Must have been pretty tough to get going by my attempts at Mihawk's forest.

GaimeGuy

Huh, I have every member in that lineup so I'm gonna make a mental bookmark of this I think. I could do the build but I don't have a high enough level to actually use them yet. Congrats! Must have been pretty tough to get going by my attempts at Mihawk's forest.

mihawk's forest is nothing compared to WB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfOj0xsiCjs Here's the video I followed. Don't have quite as much HP due to not as much CCs, but my SWS is skill maxed (his is min CD), and both my doffy's were at max CD (one of his was at minimum CD). Also, I had level 2 auto-heal, bind, and despair, meaning that I could take a few hits from Vista on stage 19 (Thank god)

Tidd

Suck it, whitebeard.

Your Dick is mine.

er... Moby Dick.

Congrats!
Looks like this is from the same guy who did the double enel team I posted earlier. It's funny how no one else posted this before. Even the almighty gamewith site doesn't mention that it is possible with enel or doffy as a lead.

GaimeGuy

Moby Dick at level 9.

Really thought I was going to max it (had 3 shots at level 10), but oh well.

It was a good day. Pulled SW Ace, got 5 out of 10 socket points filled on Koza (bringing to 7/10 total), got the moby dick, and got the moby dick to level 9.

Kyou

Congrats!
Looks like this is from the same guy who did the double enel team I posted earlier. It's funny how no one else posted this before. Even the almighty gamewith site doesn't mention that it is possible with enel or doffy as a lead.
It seems like a problem that once the meta finds something that works it dusts its hands and walks away

Top Bottom