• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

mileS

My goal is to have at least 80 copies of Mihawk this time around. Between that, Sengoku book farming and actually buying box space... ouch

RedBoot

Wasn't going to finish Thriller Bark tonight, so I went back and ran stage 2 again to try for Cerberus. Managed to get him on the second try. I wonder if he's actually not as rare as most story units? Not like he's particularly amazing (though I guess he might be better for Princess Turtles than Helmeppo once he gets skill books?)

I just farmed him 'cause he's a doggie.

Do the fodder not drop in the Moria wave on the last stage since they respawn after 4 turns? I've run the stage twice and have had nothing drop for that wave on both runs. I had assumed the next story isle would have been the better to farm Moria on since he appears by himself but if the fodder doesn't drop I'll assume this story isle will be the easier farm.

Kyou

Wasn't going to finish Thriller Bark tonight, so I went back and ran stage 2 again to try for Cerberus. Managed to get him on the second try. I wonder if he's actually not as rare as most story units? Not like he's particularly amazing (though I guess he might be better for Princess Turtles than Helmeppo once he gets skill books?)

I just farmed him 'cause he's a doggie.

I got the rug bear on my first run through. I'm thinking they might be on the level of the dinosaurs or something dropwise

Majukun

don't know if to wait for a half stamina day to do thriller bark or do it now.. it starts with 15 stamina for just stage 1,is a lot of stamina

don't know if to wait for a half stamina day to do thriller bark or do it now.. it starts with 15 stamina for just stage 1,is a lot of stamina

I plan on farming Moria now and in my experience, it's much easier to farm for story units when it's 2x drop. Unless you need Doma or Sengoku books, I'd say screw the Suna Clan FN. You could make an argument for Koza sockets but I find it hard to justify that since I've hardly used him as is. That and sockets suck.

I plan on farming Moria now and in my experience, it's much easier to farm for story units when it's 2x drop. Unless you need Doma or Sengoku books, I'd say screw the Suna Clan FN. You could make an argument for Koza sockets but I find it hard to justify that since I've hardly used him as is. That and sockets suck.

I only farm sockets on fortnights that have multiple interesting characters *OR* good books.

Single unimportant character for sockets and nothing else? SKIIIPPP.

Majukun

i do kinda need doma's books,but they stopped dropping 72 hours ago..i got only one in the last 3 days..also koza is kinda important being the best booster for slasher on global right now,but as you said sockets suck and i'm only 2/2 with him

how much exp you get on average for thriller bark chapters?
i'm near a level up

Tidd

HAHAHA FIRST TRY MORIA!!!

RL50Gvm.jpg

i do kinda need doma's books,but they stopped dropping 72 hours ago..i got only one in the last 3 days..also koza is kinda important being the best booster for slasher on global right now,but as you said sockets suck and i'm only 2/2 with him

how much exp you get on average for thriller bark chapters?
i'm near a level up

The last stage gives you 1600 XP. But bear in mind this isle only has 11 stages which is much fewer than most isles. I finished it with a full stamina bar.

I've come to accept the fact that I can't be fully prepared with every unit for any situation with perfect sockets in this game. I'm sure trying to attain a goal like that is the reason so many of our power users have been slowly dying off. I'd much rather focus my efforts on skill maxing units and then socketting them if I've determined that it's worth my time and effort.

Wow I just got gutted by Kumachi.

Are there any particular tactics you're supposed to utilize against his combo-shield thing?

the drain on my damage was ridiculous.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I just went at it with enel instead of my mihawk team, that worked.

Mihawk slasher teams are a bit special reliant for big damage, so the combo shield on a STR guy really screwed my standard team over.

Any surprises like that on the Moria stage?
he has a combo shield and revives enemies surrounding him.

bjork

Blew through the new island on breaks at work last night, got a whopping 0 named story drops.

But I went through and fed fodder to itself and whatnot, since I generally keep fodder units. I think those zombie dudes would be great with the Big Top and kid Buggy. They have pretty good stats for units that top out at level 35.

Kyou

How's story Moria? His special looks like it'd be good for princess turtles

You know, assuming that ever happens again

bjork

Looks like a pretty good special, but there are two evolutions and the second form looks like a different special that doesn't mention if it bypasses defense or not. I wonder if that second evolution is even available yet?

His special is decent for shredding combo shields but his cooldown is still pretty high and his book just recently came out in Japan. There are likely better options for princess turtles.

His alt evolution pairs pretty good with LL. It does 3x for ambit... DRIVEN types after the good > great > perfect combo. The only downside is his -900 recover but otherwise is good for pairing with LL to tackle training forests.

Looks like a pretty good special, but there are two evolutions and the second form looks like a different special that doesn't mention if it bypasses defense or not. I wonder if that second evolution is even available yet?

I'm assuming it'll be like Lucci and unlock in the next story isle since we fight him in that form as the last boss.

Kyou

Oh man I have to get two Morias? His fight is so annoying...

What does that combo break status effect do anyway

bjork

Oh man I have to get two Morias? His fight is so annoying...

What does that combo break status effect do anyway

The one in the new story mode fights? You have to hit x amount of times before you can damage a guy. So for Moria at the end, I think it was 10. I just had GP Usopp and Smoker start the combo off, and then everyone else chimed in for actual damage.

Kyou

The one in the new story mode fights? You have to hit x amount of times before you can damage a guy. So for Moria at the end, I think it was 10. I just had GP Usopp and Smoker start the combo off, and then everyone else chimed in for actual damage.
I got that one, I meant the one called combo break or something like that. It's an effect one of the knights(or was it zombies?) casts on you. I didn't notice anything in particular it did

bjork

I got that one, I meant the one called combo break or something like that. It's an effect one of the knights(or was it zombies?) casts on you. I didn't notice anything in particular it did

Oh, I didn't even notice this. Now I'll have to pay attention when I'm farming.

[edit - the Cindry/Inuppe/Kumacy drops are identical to the Hogback FN? I thought they would be different, huh.]

Tidd

It locks your max multiplier at 2x aka RIP Rayleigh.

Kyou

I managed to beat Moria with a Garp team, but barely. Like 300hp barely. I need to figure out a good team to farm with.

RedBoot

I managed to beat Moria with a Garp team, but barely. Like 300hp barely. I need to figure out a good team to farm with.

Yeah, gonna sit down and figure that out later today, I'm fighting him right now. It's amazing, he manages to make Mihawk useless and Usopp less useful (he still helps delay the fodder, but Moria doesn't care about turn count himself).

EDIT: SHIT. I just realized you can only use Usopp once, since Moria stays "delayed" after that and prevents you from using Usopp again.

Double Edit: Moria dropped a money bag. Tamaran dropped a candy chest when I beat him too. Between that, Bear Rug dropping on my first try, and Cerberus on my second, I've certainly had lots of drops. Just not the good ones. :p

I've been using:

legend shanks/garp
marco/rakuyo
godsopp/story enel

Works fine for me, never had to use marco's full heal special so far; Enel's damage boost helps a lot with grinding moria down during usopp's delay.

RedBoot

I've been using:

legend shanks/garp
marco/rakuyo
godsopp/story enel

Works fine for me, never had to use marco's full heal special so far; Enel's damage boost helps a lot with grinding moria down during usopp's delay.

Yeah, I just tried Sengoku/Sengoku with Arlong, Dock Lucci, Biker Smoker, and PSY Enel and tore him up pretty easily. Granted, that's not an easy team to build. :p

But I think the core is having some PSY units and a solid attack boost, which will get you through Moria himself pretty easily. Granted, you'd need some Shanks or Garp friends up to help out. Too bad we don't have T-Bone or Momonga yet, you could probably put together a Mihawk team pretty easily with them. Our PSY Slasher drought is almost over.

any other stage i should be worried about other than the last one with moria in this new island?

The one prior to Moria kicked my ass when I was using a Mihawk team.

Kumachi with a combo-shield that renders special damage to 0, a DEX-based team like slasher mihawk won't do a lot of damage at all & Kumachi hits like a truck every turn after like 4-5 turns? Either bring solid QUICK units or a way to boost your final hits.

RedBoot

any other stage i should be worried about other than the last one with moria in this new island?

Not really. I went through the whole thing with Mihawk/Mihawk, Arlong, Lucci, Vista, and GP Usopp and never had serious trouble. It's easier than EL2 as a whole. Only a few things worth noting:

Tamaran (Stage 7, I think):
Locks one character for 50 turns, and eventually blinds you and locks two more for 2 turns. Bind resist level 1 or 2 would help, but I managed to just punch through it. Including a PSY damage dealer would probably help.

Kumacy (Stage 10):
The 10 hit shield is introduced here, same thing that Moria uses. Still pretty easy to deal with, but Kumacy does decent damage and the shield will block Mihawk/Whitebeard's health cuts.

Majukun

The one prior to Moria kicked my ass when I was using a Mihawk team.

Kumachi with a combo-shield that renders special damage to 0, a DEX-based team like slasher mihawk won't do a lot of damage at all & Kumachi hits like a truck every turn after like 4-5 turns? Either bring solid QUICK units or a way to boost your final hits.

enel might do?

RedBoot

Wow, got Moria on my third try. If I can get Tararan, I'll actually have everything from this story island already. Almost wondering if they made the drop rates better.

I just pulled RR Moria a couple sugos ago too, so I've got two of him to level. :p

Kyou

I've been using:

legend shanks/garp
marco/rakuyo
godsopp/story enel

This team is working excellently btw

I switched out Rakuyo for Mr. 2 though. The slight hit to damage is worth it to me to be able to just body Moria will full PSY orbs.

Now if only he'd drop

Majukun

I was trying farming moria with

garp
SW shanks
marco
story ener
gp usopp
doflamingo

but now I'm out of SW shanks friends.. of course it didn't drop

Kumacy beat me on my first attempt. I beat him on the second after adding a second blue slasher (2x Mihawk, Arlong, Vista, H.Zoro, Shanks at first then replaced Shanks w/ Lucci).

I beat Moria w/ the standard 2x Garp team, but that was rough and took forever (I had to use Marco's skill twice). I didn't get him to drop, but I did get Cerberus. IDK if I'll bother farming at all. The Rug Bear and Spider Monkey look worthless and I'd rather wait to see if Moria's stage in TB 2 is less annoying to farm (like Lucci and Kaku were).

Top Bottom