• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

koryuken

tapping now..hope to find you too

I'm really surprised you guys are doing the friend game still. I haven't done the friend game in maybe 4-5 months. With fortnights giving plenty of pigs and baby turtles and with snails giving plenty of Cola, the friend game seems like a total waste of time to me... Just my 2c though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so happy I've got a Sengoku Buddha. He's really coming into his own now!

Kyou

Thanks for the killers guys, got close again but the orbs weren't with me. I'll try again a bit after my turtle time is over.

Majukun

I'm really surprised you guys are doing the friend game still. I haven't done the friend game in maybe 4-5 months. With fortnights giving plenty of pigs and baby turtles and with snails giving plenty of Cola, the friend game seems like a total waste of time to me... Just my 2c though.

fortnight give you the same color's pigs for 2 weeks..if you happen to have some different color baby turtles you either throw them away to free space or you use the keys and get a bunch of different color pigs that help you level up characters
Ok, done with my TT already.
I tap the next 30 min continously. Feel free to join me and whoever wants to.

got keys..thanks

last try..although the last one should be zeke that it's gone by now :p

Dawg

You guys are too happy about that Sengoku buff.

Too happy...

...ABOUT A CHARACTER I WILL NEVER EVER GET

Sengoku's now one of my most desired characters, that buff really will allow for some fun unconventional teams with Sengoku at the helm I bet.

Majukun

on reddit they say that they "updated" the fortnight when it came back after the first time and they substituted mr 2 with hacchan..so it's not obtainable anymore from the fortnight

Jayhawk

I guess my next long-term goals with this game for 2016 include:
-Buffing up Sengoku-centric teams for future raids like Aokiji.
-Preparing a team for Whitebeard forest and clearing it.
-Getting 180 stamina.

I would do more weekly friend-game for keys since that makes better use of a few more baby turtles from fortnights and turtle times. But there aren't that many 2/7 friends that I can quickly get a hold of and tap with. Having the option of running the pig island is also nice when you're figuring out what else to use stamina for when close to a pirate level up.

Tidd

on reddit they say that they "updated" the fortnight when it came back after the first time and they substituted mr 1 with hacchan..so it's not obtainable anymore from the fortnight

Yup. Did a few runs on Japan and Mr. 2 didn't appear once. It will be interesting to see which version of the fortnight we will get.

Majukun

Yup. Did a few runs on Japan and Mr. 2 didn't appear once. It will be interesting to see which version of the fortnight we will get.

no doubt we will get the updated version...
namco bandai clearly hates me...there it goes my reason to wait for this fortnight :(

Hana-Bi

When can we expect the next skill up event? With all the sugofests and raids I hope we'll see a skill-up event soon.

Question about slasher teams: are there units with a special that boost the ATK more than 1.25?

Majukun

When can we expect the next skill up event? With all the sugofests and raids I hope we'll see a skill-up event soon.

Question about slasher teams: are there units with a special that boost the ATK more than 1.25?

no,mr 1 is the defacto booster of the slasher class for now

ElChado

Neo Member

Next skill up could be next daily gem event since we had so many raids, or it could be the one after, we don't know for sure, but we did just get off a skill up event just before the raids so i wouldnt expect one for 1-2 more daily gem events.

Koza boosts slashers by 1.5x

Kuina who isnt on global yet boosts slashers by 1.75x if you do a round of all perfects.

Also for those who play japan. if you havent read it yet, for 12 hours starting jan 5th at noon japan time- or in 3 hours 34 minutes from this post-the doffy sugofest will return as well as raid kuma due to server troubles when they appeared last week. This is in the admin notes when you log in.

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Just to follow along with Jayhawk's post for 2016 goals for this game:

- I want to farm a minimum +1,000 candy
- max skilled unevolved Doffy
- a second max skilled Mihawk
- Boa please join my crew (any other legends are totally welcome too)

I guess my next long-term goals with this game for 2016 include:
-Buffing up Sengoku-centric teams for future raids like Aokiji.
-Preparing a team for Whitebeard forest and clearing it.
-Getting 180 stamina.

You're aiming for PLV321, it took me six months to get there. You can do it!

xrokis

damn you are a beast! i don't think we are friends yet :D

24 again, but this time I had a hit that was literally 49,9XX

you can do it. i finally managed it today, got perfect cds on the mobs so i didn't have to do as much manual switching. how many hits are you getting out of alvida?

had nothing else to do so i ran eneru on double drop and look who decided to join my crew
s2cLgVX.jpg
can't even remember how often i farmed his first stage, the one day i switch the stage he shows up after a couple of runs :D

should we make a new google doc for friendcodes?
maybe there is a better way, the last one got pretty unwieldy at the end.
many ghost accounts and no good way to tell who was new on the list

ElChado

Neo Member

Good luck on the candy, people will have a hard time getting one single unit with +200.

Why max skill an unevolved doffy? A second mihawk i can understand once we get sockets.

I've been playing since nearly the start and im only just now hitting plvl 251. That must have been a lot of stamina refills to hit 300s by 6 months.

Kyou

you can do it. i finally managed it today, got perfect cds on the mobs so i didn't have to do as much manual switching. how many hits are you getting out of alvida?

I'm not. Team is Killer/Killer, Aarlong, M. Chopper, Gaimon and Usopp. I'm thankful for all the gaf people who friended me with Killers, before I just had one dude with him up usually so I'd get my one shot a day at it.

ElChado

Neo Member
I'm not. Team is Killer/Killer, Aarlong, M. Chopper, Gaimon and Usopp. I'm thankful for all the gaf people who friended me with Killers, before I just had one dude with him up usually so I'd get my one shot a day at it.

ill throw my killer up and refresh it often as i wait for the 1900pst potential news time.

Kyou

fucking bah!

great run, great luck, finger slips right at the end and I miss a perfect on a blue orb arlong on perona. But I had great luck and should be okay riiiight???

only a matter of time

edit: okay forget all that

S8117BE.png

Fuck-Yeah-Tiger-woods-gif.gif

thanks for the help Killer bros

fucking bah!

great run, great luck, finger slips right at the end and I miss a perfect on a blue orb arlong on perona. But I had great luck and should be okay riiiight???

only a matter of time

edit: okay forget all that
thanks for the help Killer bros
tumblr_inline_nt7q16ceSO1rf5jn5_500.gif

Congrats

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats on completing the ranking guys! Gotta get those free gems.

i don't think we are friends yet :D

PM me your in-game ID, more than happy to add you. Good job on dropping Enel/Eneru, I can't remember how many runs I did to get him, I want to say 150+. Hopefully it didn't take you as much.

Good luck on the candy, people will have a hard time getting one single unit with +200.

Why max skill an unevolved doffy? A second mihawk i can understand once we get sockets.

I've been playing since nearly the start and im only just now hitting plvl 251. That must have been a lot of stamina refills to hit 300s by 6 months.

I hit 201 before Mihawk first arrived, I want to say I was at 140 stamina by that point. From the onset when I started playing I was always pumping quarters/gems into OPTC, because I knew that's how I wanted to play it. After that I didn't really pay attention to PLV so much but it became a byproduct of completing each and every fortnight that came out. I can't remember when it was, but I had always wanted 180 stamina before Doffy arrived however grinding towards that goal was completely different altogether.

Simply because as you said it's a lot of stamina refills and I calculated the exact cost (money/gems) from where I was at the time PLV wise when I committed to doing it. In a word, it was grotesque - at least to me. I'm not going to pretend I haven't spent money on this game, but in the same sense I definitely penny pinched daily gems, island gems, mission gems, bamco error gems, login gems to help with the continual grind.

The biggest obstacle is the exponential growth XP wise per level, like right now, each PLV is 10-11 gems for me. I will say, having as much stamina as I do now is a bonus, especially with the stamina overflow and 5 minute refill rate. The game is much more playable in the "free to play" sense, as one of my other more mindful and long term goals is also to spend less on OPTC overall. But again, I spent/bought/paid to build the foundation on my account.

Anyway, about the unevolved Doffy. Completely my gut talking here, but I feel eventually the game will/could penalize teams by cost. We see it in missions already and I believe there is a fortnight ahead of us that will use cost as a restriction. Doffy is such a game changing unit, that an unevolved skill maxed version of him could come in handy. Or never will and I could be completely wrong, which I'm fine with too.

Lastly about candy. I'm running a two week candy farming experiment right now to see how I can balance my general time playing and what I get from farming. So far it's been four days, I did 1/2 stamina the first three days and results were (candy/stamina): 3/400, 4/600, and 5/600. Today I focused on a 2x drop island and got 5/600. So unsurprisingly, or surprisingly, or luck based... the results were the same as 1/2 stamina, but the amount of time spent was quicker. There is no secret to farming candy though I feel, just do way too many runs, lol.

i've got enough gems for one pull tomorrow...heres hoping for log luffy?

I did this! So if I can do it, so can you. Anything is possible...!

Speaking of candies, is there a guide or something suggesting what feed to whom?

For the most part, almost all characters will want +100 HP and +100 ATK with exceptions to units that have RCV based specials and captain abilities (like Boa or Vivi) or support units that you use for their specials which otherwise wouldn't be doing much damage on their own, in which case +100 HP and RCV would be more useful.

I'd prioritize HP candies on your 2x HP/ATK captains as you'll get the most use out of them there and put your ATK candies on your hardest hitting units.

RalchAC

Congrats Kyou!

Miss Doublefinger keeps eluding me... I don't know how many times I've run her stage...

i've got enough gems for one pull tomorrow...heres hoping for log luffy?

I will pull once too.

I'll be satisfied with Robin.

But hell will freeze before I get her.

Copons

For the most part, almost all characters will want +100 HP and +100 ATK with exceptions to units that have RCV based specials and captain abilities (like Boa or Vivi) or support units that you use for their specials which otherwise wouldn't be doing much damage on their own, in which case +100 HP and RCV would be more useful.

I'd prioritize HP candies on your 2x HP/ATK captains as you'll get the most use out of them there and put your ATK candies on your hardest hitting units.

Awright, it all makes sense.
I'll start following your suggestions asap, thanks

I've been hearing people say that it's wise to save all RCV candies for Enel. Maybe store them in a Turtle or something until his release.

Majukun

nother 1 and a half stamina wasted on mr 2 farming,and with double drop too!

not even a money bag drop

i'm beginning to think the game has some kind of bug and glitch and he is not supposed to drop

RalchAC

I've been hearing people say that it's wise to save all RCV candies for Enel. Maybe store them in a Turtle or something until his release.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing. I have a teen turtle faved with +20 RCV candy.

Two Enels with +100 RCV candy heal over 3000 HP every turn. That's awesome. You could start with a Moby Dick ship and get to full health in no time while stalling.

I've been using my RCV candies on Usopp. They're usually one of the first things to go when my box gets full and Usopp fits into most teams anyway. But I guess I can start saving them for Enel. We're talking about the raid Enel, right?

Since my gem supply is pretty low I think I'll be skipping this sugofest.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
2016 Goals:

- Skill max all my legends + get 1-2 more legends (shanks and boa!)
- Skill max Alvida.
- Get all the boats.
- Get Log Luffy and/or WB to +200 candies.

Seems reasonable.

RalchAC

My goals for 2016:

- Reach 160 stamina (eventhough 180 would be even better).
- Get my first Legend.
- Max skill Doffy, Enel and Aokiji.
- Farm 2-3 story mode characters (one every 4 months sounds possible lol).
- Socket my most important characters.

I've been using my RCV candies on Usopp. They're usually one of the first things to go when my box gets full and Usopp fits into most teams anyway. But I guess I can start saving them for Enel. We're talking about the raid Enel, right?

Since my gem supply is pretty low I think I'll be skipping this sugofest.

Yeah, raid Enel

mileS

Fairly new player here, I think I'm going to spend a good 80 gems on pulls tonight. Hopefully this Sugofest treats me well! Been extremely addicted to this game for the past 2 weeks. I can see myself coming back to it all year long. Hard for a game to hook me like that anymore. On top of the insane amount of time put into this game, I've also been going through the digital color version of the manga at a quick pace. One Piece is incredible.

Top Bottom