• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

RedBoot

We're getting the friend captain updates! Might get to use some more unique teams now. Gonna have to make sure to use different captains in each slot.

Still wondering where that Colosseum is, though...

Majukun

since i don't have a legend this update to the friend system might actually make it worst to me,since i'm forced to do mixed captain teams,using other people's legends,and with this system they are harder to use,since the game always try to match your captain with your friend's one

since i don't have a legend this update to the friend system might actually make it worst to me,since i'm forced to do mixed captain teams,using other people's legends,and with this system they are harder to use,since the game always try to match your captain with your friend's one
That shouldn't be the case. Unless I misunderstood something, then the matching captains thing is simply a bonus. It should operate the same as it is now (FL showing whatever active captain everyone has) while also adding in any captains from their non-active slots that match the player's captain + allowing guest captains to have their captain abilities.

Majukun

That shouldn't be the case. Unless I misunderstood something, then the matching captains thing is simply a bonus. It should operate the same as it is now (FL showing whatever active captain everyone has) while also adding in any captains from their non-active slots that match the player's captain + allowing guest captains to have their captain abilities.
as far as I know it doesn't work that way, basically a friend that has a Garp a active capt, it will appear with a g3 if you are using one and he also has one in one of his unutilized crews

Tidd

as far as I know it doesn't work that way, basically a friend that has a Garp a active capt, it will appear with a g3 if you are using one and he also has one in one of his unutilized crews

It's exactly like Adawg said. One friend can show up twice in your friend captain list. Once with his captain he uses right now and then with the matching captain from another slot.

MiTYH

also it seems like Thriller Bark part 2??

That's awfully fast

Where did you see this?

Also the info for the new "Rise to the top" thing is blank, hopefully gets filled in today or tonight so we can see if x2 skill up is coming

bjork

Looking forward to BB tonight, even though it's a work night. He'll still be there for me to run in the morning. I only have his special at level 5, and sockets of 1 cooldown and 3 orbs, so there's a ways to go yet.

Also looking forward to the stuff with the captains, it might encourage me to run some different teams once in awhile.

Duval doesn't seem like a great captain, but he's another HP % Cutter. So he could be useful sub on Green, Shooter or Free Spirit teams or Sugar teams.

It still cracks me up that you can use Plastic Surgery Shot Sanji to evolve Duval from Unmasked to his final form.

That also reminds me: Is Duval the only Raid character that comes at 3* and needs to be evolved twice?

I think I had one too that I tossed. Oh well, it's just a humorous way to evolve him. He still has a standard one w/ Green Dragon, Rainbow Pirate Penguin, etc....

Dandte

wait, I have a plastic surgery shot sanji saved

...why do I have a plastic surgery shot sanji saved?!

i fed my sanjis to other sanjis to get rid of them...but at some point i just gave up...

HdDmRx0.jpg

Eidjinn

Which team is the safest against Blackbeard? Enel or Jozu?

My Enel is maxed, but my Jozu is only level 60... so with double Jozu I'll be about 50000 hp.

Majukun

finally finished socketing blackbeard

My Enel is maxed, but my Jozu is only level 60... so with double Jozu I'll be about 50000 hp.

they are both extremely safe,enel is faster but i use double jozu because of habit

2x Enel, Killer, Dock Kaku + two bottom row lvl 5 Anti-Despair Socket Units (GPU/G3 for me but any will work).

I love how bumrush easy 2x Enel makes BB. I never end up needing any skills because he's gone before they have completed their CD. I could sub in someone stronger than Kaku, since I'm not using his buff, but I'm simply used to the flow of this teams attacks as is.

___

Does anyone know if the 5 snails reset in the middle of the night (4am EDT, when the island buffs change) or in the morning with when the "official" daily change hits?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
2x Enel, Killer, Dock Kaku + two bottom row lvl 5 Anti-Despair Socket Units (GPU/G3 for me but any will work).

I love how bumrush easy 2x Enel makes BB. I never end up needing any skills because he's gone before they have completed their CD. I could sub in someone stronger than Kaku, since I'm not using his buff, but I'm simply used to the flow of this teams attacks as is.

___

Does anyone know if the 5 snails reset in the middle of the night (4am EDT, when the island buffs change) or in the morning with when the "official" daily change hits?
Day change, so 8 EDT?

MiTYH

Having so-so luck today. Farmed BB with natural stamina, then got a refill, then a level up. That's the good. bad is I fed about 8 BB to my main one, got no sockets or skills. So minus the level up, it's basically wasted time.

Sigh. Still trying to save some until we find out if we're getting a x2 skillup next week (doubt it, but never know). Good thing farming BB is so mindless easy with double enel and anti-despair1

Majukun

you know what,i might actually be ain a bit of a pinch with ganfall's fortnight..I lack pretty much any free spirit lead apart from calgara (which only gives 2x and it's strenght with gan fall being quick),and i also lack law and apoo to make any kind of dex orb manipualtion

made a bitt of reaserch on my storage and ended p with something like

capt calgara
friend (sabo or intvakov)
koala
raid ivankov
hw luffy
alvida

might switch alvida for gp usopp..does gan fall have debuff protection?

i must hope to make it through sheer strenght this time..no fancy tatctics and orb manipulation

bjork

Got a few runs in on natural stamina at work, still sitting at skill level 5. But I have 1 charge special and 4 orb matching, so at least I'm getting closer there. Might change out the specials socket for anti-lock, not sure yet.

Blackbeard max skilled, already had 5 sockets for charge and bind, just wondering whether I should farm a bit more to make him max level and some turtles for my Oars jr

If you and friend captain's combined Eneru rcv is at/near 600 you can almost stall as you need to use their specials against Blackbeard as long as you don't make him drop to 50%. With a combined rcv of 600+ you can stall indefinitely via the same method.

bjork

Of course, right when I sit down for BB runs, I see there's a thing I need to run in Crows x Worst like right this minute... guess I won't get close to maxing BB this time, then.

bjork

About 10 runs in and no skill ups as of yet. I'm not sure how people run for 50+ copies unless they have that day off or something. If nothing else, he's getting levels, so there's that.

And on the plus side, I got my 5* Parko evolved into a V6* Parko in Crows, so hooray

Well I think I'm starting to position myself well for the next cycle of raids. I've bagged BB but only got a single bind socket so far. However my Doffy, Raidhawk and Chopper are evolved and at lv 50 each now and growing. My plan is to grab at least one of each this run then worry about sockets next time.

Any idea how many more raid bosses there are? It's awesome adding all these units to my team but levelling them all has halted progress on any other units.

Tidd

Got my last skill up and socket for my BB today. Finally done with him!

seriously wtf is with global only getting kill ups during ivankov?

I was curious and looked up what raid bosses we got since Ivankov. And it shouldn't surprise you that we got everyone. So skillup event will be Ivankov and after that we should get Heracles again. I guess it would be nice if they change the order and give us Heracles first just to break the Ivankov = Skill-up event cycle.

Any idea how many more raid bosses there are? It's awesome adding all these units to my team but levelling them all has halted progress on any other units.

We have:
Mihawk, Monster Chopper, Garp, Ivankov, Doflamingo, Blackbeard, Enel, Aokiji, Heracles and next week Duval.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
About 10 runs in and no skill ups as of yet. I'm not sure how people run for 50+ copies unless they have that day off or something. If nothing else, he's getting levels, so there's that.

And on the plus side, I got my 5* Parko evolved into a V6* Parko in Crows, so hooray
It's actually quite easy to farm Blackbeard.

Here is the team I use:
Moby Dick (max)
Double enel
Kaku/cat lucci
Thatch/iva
Level 2 despair and some other sockets

Specials don't even matter, just beat him with regular attacks

takes like 5 minutes per run.

Edit: ^ I know we've had all of them in our rotation. What I don't get is why we only get skill ups on Ivankov. It's not like this is our first BB raid since the last event for instance. Japan doesn't put skill up events on the same damn raid boss.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Think for duval, I'm going to do:
G3 + G3
GPU + Halloween Franky (MAX CD on GPU - 10 turns, CD 8 on HW franky)
Jozu + Kidd (MAX CD on both - 8 turns on Jozu, 6 turns on Kidd)

whole team has level 2 bind / 1 despair even without accounting for friend socket. Can use kidd on stage 4 to prevent the girls in the back from silencing, or just let them use the silence if friend GPU bbrings me to level 2 despair (each silences you for 2 turns each)

It's similar to my Doffy team (G3+G3, GPU, Franky, Jozu, Raidhawk) but less beatstick-y.

Might swap Doffy in for Franky for the extra HP, since I really don't need 4 STR characters on the team.

Are there any real worries on Duval if you can manage level 2 anti silence?

with a Log/Log + Godsopp combination I should have antilock and antisilence both at level 2 already.

Kyou

I can do tedious stuff all day

I just natural stamina'd Blackbeard. Feel pretty good about 24 copies and no gems spent

Majukun

the announcement for the new event is still broken.. I wonder if they'll ever fix it or next event will be a surprise

Still 2 weeks left until skill up, but feel like doing a preliminary goody count:

leaving out all the chars I only got 1 copy of.

dupes:
Norland x 12
prison mr 1 x 9
kimono nami x 2
Heracles'n x 10
garp x 11
Camie x 3
manticore x 3
h.zoro x 10
onigumo x 3
doffy x 5
calgara x 8
y.arlong x 19
hack x 2
BB x 16
H.Franky x 11
monchop x 7

books:

manticore x 8
kimono nami x 8
doublefinger x 10
whitey x 5
rakuyo x 7
slasherdille x 12
capone x 16
vista x 4

Pretty big collection with 2 weeks to go, I expect to max at least h.zoro/kimono nami/doublefinger based on current skill level + copies aquired.

Majukun

I yoloed my 20 Calgara copies and got 4 skill ups. One more left!

i will probably have to do the same,both for storage space and because i have to use calgara as a captain for the next fortnight

probably not gonna get 4 skillup though :(

MiTYH

Decided to take stock of what I've got:

CHARACTERS:
- 9 MC Chopper
- 18 Halloween Franky
- 15 BB
- 12 Fat Alvidia (saving if I don't max her on books, to evolve sadly)
- 30 Young Arlong
- 6 Young Kuroobi
- 14 Calgara (tried skillups and failed)
- 6 Doffy
- 19 Halloween Zoro
- 3 Enel
- 4 Halloween Usopp
- 5 Herecules'n
- 15 Noland

BOOKS:
- 3 Skull Socket Books
- 1 5million XP book
- 8 Whitebead
- 13 Rayleigh
- 15 Sengoku
- 15 Happiness Punch Nami
- 16 Marco
- 7 Jozu
- 14 Law
- 12 Capone
- 17 Slasherdile
- 16 Rayuko
- 17 Oars JR
- 12 Alvidia
- 19 Mr. 1

Might use some of those Mr 1 books, bit too many to hold onto, and he's level 5. Most of those books are for characters still at Skill 1 (Oars, Shasherdile, Capone). Others I hope to max, but since I don't have a lot I'm not pushing it (Jozu needs 2, etc). Also, I don't have ANY of those legends, but I'm holding onto them forever. Because you never know

EDIT: Just used 5, got 2 skills and he's maxed! Time to free up space! That's actually a big help

Hana-Bi

For the skill up event:

Characters:

33 Young Arlong
17 Calgara (used 10 for two skill ups)
70 Heracles

Books:

8 WB
28 Sengoku (don't have him)
33 Rakuyo
30 Fossa
35 Whitey Bay