• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

The Tome is for sockets not skill ups. Don't waste the book. Mihawk is the easiest character to socket.
That would be one of the worst uses for it.

Ah thanks! Yeah socketing him will be easy. Guess I'll save it for someone harder to socket then but I don't think I have anyone worth it, will just keep it banked for now.

Tidd

WHAT THE FUCK????!!!!!!

SHIKI RAID BOSS SWITCHES YOUR CAPTAIN. Which means he will switch your captain with a sub. DAMN.

MiTYH

So on the one hand, double BB is crazy simple for duvet's raid, even 40 stamina

HOWEVER, if you don't have both BB specials ready at the end, don't bother. Lesson learned there the hard way. Thought I could do it with one (friend) and burst on the next, but one turn (with anti-lock sockets) is not enough

RedBoot

Yeah, Duval's pretty simple with BB. Beat 40stam on my first try. A few more runs and I should have a solid method down. My BB's at 22 though, so I have to take the slow route and put Marco on the team (ended up using Usopp twice). I'll have to see if there's a viable way to stall 22 turns so I can toss another STR member on there for more health.

Tried a Mihawk team and got stomped, though I did use Usopp on round 4 instead of against Duval. Might need Despair resist level 1 for that one. Also, if the game could stop doing everything it can to avoid targeting the female bounty hunters on round 4 (who despair you if you don't KO them on turn 1), that would be great.

WHAT THE FUCK????!!!!!!

SHIKI RAID BOSS SWITCHES YOUR CAPTAIN. Which means he will switch your captain with a sub. DAMN.

Ha, some people were speculating that based on some adjustments to some skill text. Awesome idea, not only does it screw with captain skills, but if they extend it to just adjusting your crew position, it can mess with some placement-based skills (though the best placement skill of all, Heracles'n, comes built in with a way to counter that :p ).

When you think about it, we probably use around 5% of the captain skills in the game. All those random fortnight and story units finally get to use their captain abilities! Unfortunately.

I think someone asked about log teams for Duval earlier?

I just did 40 stamina with this team. You really need anti silence lvl 1 though, if not I'm pretty sure the auto targeting on stage 4 would have gotten me killed. Monet isn't really necessary since duvals health is pretty low I just wanted to have that extra damage as a precaution.

Hana-Bi

Damn, I really messed up badly on Duval 40... Missed to tap on stage one and was silenced by the punk... With a BB team thats not the way to do this raid. :)

Damn, I really messed up badly on Duval 40... Missed to tap on stage one and was silenced by the punk... With a BB team thats not the way to do this raid. :)

I screwed up once in a similar fashion. On wave 4 I was tapping the top half of the screen to skip through the dialog and I ended up putting the targeting on manual without noticing until I had already started attacking. Auto-target will cycle through the fodder first but manual will throw Duval into the sequence randomly which is a death sentence for BB teams. That aside, the raid is a cake walk, especially with lvl 2 CD sockets.

I finally got 100 rcv CC on my Enel. I guess I have no choice but to pull a Boa now.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I asked already but what kind of teams use Duval....he seems like he wouldnt make it in any teams i use.

I asked already but what kind of teams use Duval....he seems like he wouldnt make it in any teams i use.

I know he's used in Ray teams for his 8-hit combo when you're up against enemies with hit shields, specifically he's needed for the Boa raid. I don't know enough about free spirit teams to speak about him in that regard but if global had an actual shooter meta, he might have a place there, if being the being the key here.

Hana-Bi

I won't farm Duval today. Need my box space for all this lobsters since I won't be able to play optc next friday and the days after and I really don't have a use for him now.

Kyou

not sure if I'm gonna try farming Duval or not

We're close to a skill up, but it's super dicey with the Rayleigh team I'm using (Ray/Doffy/Kidd/BB/GP Usopp), not least of which because it doesnt meet the despair resist.

However, once this next skill up goes by my Doffy and BB should be in much much better shape to help me farm Duval next time. Maybe I'll just sit this one out with my single Duval and do turtles and lobsters tomorrow

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I've tried several teams, had success with the following on 40 stamina:
#1: Double Garp, Monet, Impact Usopp, Marco, Doffy
#2: Raidhawk friend, Doffy captain, raidhawk, Arlong, Mr 1, GPU
#3: G3, G3, Kidd, Raidhawk, Jozu, GPU

Witout low CD blackberds, Duval is surprisingly difficult considering his low HP and status as a 40 stamina raid. I'm actually more on edge with him than I am against 60 stamina Doffy (I use the same team, except with Arlong instead of Kidd), since Duval is much less forgiving with regards to stalling on stage 4 and setting up orbs on stages 3 and 4.

That, and he has the preemptive fixed damage attack, plus poison, so you have to really watch your HP (not necessary with Doffy)

Kyou

That, and he has the preemptive fixed damage attack, plus poison, so you have to really watch your HP (not necessary with Doffy)
I actually died against 40 stamina to poison

Me: Aha! I survived, suck it Duval!
*more damage ticks off*
Me: A...aw :(

Ok they can keep Duval. Can't even dent him on 30 stam with almost a 6x slasher boost and a couple Arlongs in my team. Figured that would at least do something but that double boss fight paired with his damage shield and the mobs is just not worth it. I'd have to gem twice to beat him at 30 even with that stacked damage.

What the hell is this guy made of? Two Doffys was easier.

Duval Raid is a joke.

Log/Log
Kidd/Alvida
Godsopp/Perona

Level 2 anti-silence due to godsopp/log/log basically means I'm immune to this raid's biggest threat. :3c

Hana-Bi

3 lobster runs: 2 yellow lobster I don't need. Will take a while to get my blue and green lobsters for evos and then farm some more for the future...

Dandte

When you Need a Green Baby crab for Duval And within 1 run you get a Green red Blue And Rainbow crab....there Goes My sugo luck.

Majukun

so many friend captains

the new system aon't perfect,but it works damn well if you need a plain double captain team

Tidd

SW REPLACEMENTS UNITS ANNOUNCED!

Starting with Luffy, Nami and Sanji. Same stats, cooldown and special but different special name.

uzwqy7o.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePieceTC/comments/4pmahp/sw_replacement_units_announced/

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Meh don't look as cool as SW units.

Still nice to get them back.

bonkeng

How do you build a Whitebeard team?

I keep reading he's a great captain, but how do I lower hp to 30% for his captain effect? Is there a must have unit for his team to work?

MiTYH

I think... I'm done with Duval for now. Not having a Maxxed BB makes this much more difficult, because I need to stall more, which means taking damage from the lobseter. It hurts, and I've now failed more than I've run it. I don't need duval that badly, and with skillup next week I'm hoping to max him out and tackle Duval more on the next go-round

Instead I'm spending today cursing out Lobster island. SO far I've had a few runs with 0 lobsters, so it's tough goings. Actually got a green lobster from a duval raid though, that was nice

Majukun

I think... I'm done with Duval for now. Not having a Maxxed BB makes this much more difficult, because I need to stall more, which means taking damage from the lobseter. It hurts, and I've now failed more than I've run it. I don't need duval that badly, and with skillup next week I'm hoping to max him out and tackle Duval more on the next go-round

Instead I'm spending today cursing out Lobster island. SO far I've had a few runs with 0 lobsters, so it's tough goings. Actually got a green lobster from a duval raid though, that was nice

isn't much better to wait for next week,when we have double drop rate for evo unit islands?

MiTYH

isn't much better to wait for next week,when we have double drop rate for evo unit islands?

Probably. But like I said, I'm done with Duval for this week. Lobster island is so rare I'd rather get 1 lobster per 30 stamina than more Ganfor copies, since he'll be around forever.

And hey, if I max my BB, I'll just farm lobster island even more next week

bjork

Got my Duval, but I whiffed on the 30 and the 40. Just said whatever and spent the gems to continue and beat him. So I spent two and got one back after the 40, so... yeah.

Then I did 9 lobster runs and got one blue lobster and I don't care about the rest because I only really needed multiple blues. Gonna try again later.

Also got my 500-day login bonus, they'll be my two attempts at valentine units tonight.

SW REPLACEMENTS UNITS ANNOUNCED!

Starting with Luffy, Nami and Sanji. Same stats, cooldown and special but different special name.

I'm still praying that the new Franky is the same as the old. I have all the parts I need for a SW Ace team, but SW Franky has continued to elude me.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I know he's used in Ray teams for his 8-hit combo when you're up against enemies with hit shields, specifically he's needed for the Boa raid. I don't know enough about free spirit teams to speak about him in that regard but if global had an actual shooter meta, he might have a place there, if being the being the key here.

Alright thanks for the confirmation - there is no need to farm him heavenly yet unless you have the time/boxspace and nothing else to do.

I realized they also expanded boxspace again...i should use my gems to expand but now i want to keep my stones and pull Sabo in the upcoming Sugofests lol.

So, Japanese players can't use SW books towards the new equivalents then? That's a shame. Or are they going all the way with this retirement thing and changing all SW units / SBs in player's inventories to the new ones?

Additionally, any word yet on Log unit replacements?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So, Japanese players can't use SW books towards the new equivalents then? That's a shame. Or are they going all the way with this retirement thing and changing all SW units / SBs in player's inventories to the new ones?

Additionally, any word yet on Log unit replacements?

The reddit said they'll be changing the books to have the new special name. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they'd make them compatible.

RedBoot

Today's turtles are blue, so toss your Apoos and the like into a captain slot if you can.

Too bad they aren't green turtles, I'd like to get Duval fully evolved before the skill-up (just for the extra slot), but I don't think that's going to happen. Oddly enough, even though his second stage only goes to level 60, it actually requires MORE experience than the usual level 70 raid bosses. Derp.

Also, in addition to the SW replacement units, Japan has another sugo coming up soon. It'll presumably be another Dressrosa Colosseum batch, and the legend is QCK Slasher/Driven, which just screams Cavendish. Should be a fun one.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Raid Shiki is a beast
STR slasher/driven
ATK:1407
HP: 2424
RCV:292
3 sockets

Captain Ability: doubles ATK and HP of driven characters.
Special: Deals severe typeless damage to all enemies. Changes block, G, and bomb orbs on driven characters to matching orbs. Boosts ATK of driven characters by 1.75x for one turn (starting CD 30, so max probably in the 15-20 range)

As for the raid...
s3yqsWS.jpg

RedBoot

so they want to make you basically pay to farm? What team could reliably clear this?

Looking at Reddit, it seems like Raid Enel can handle it, though the teams are probably going to need a lot of other Raid/Colosseum units (seeing Kizaru, Colo Vista, Colo Alvida on some). Legend Marco is another good captain, though that one'll be tougher to get, of course.

People also seem to be recommending full RCV candies for Enel, so get started on that if you haven't. Or don't, since we don't know if we're getting Shiki on Global anyway. :p

bjork

Looking at Reddit, it seems like Raid Enel can handle it, though the teams are probably going to need a lot of other Raid/Colosseum units (seeing Kizaru, Colo Vista, Colo Alvida on some). Legend Marco is another good captain, though that one'll be tougher to get, of course.

People also seem to be recommending full RCV candies for Enel, so get started on that if you haven't. Or don't, since we don't know if we're getting Shiki on Global anyway. :p

I think I'm up to 73 RCV on Enel? Hoping for more with these restaurants this week. :)

Kyou

Oh I didn't realize Duval had alternate evolution costs. I think I'll still just feed him Sanji because it's hilarious and cheaper.

More or less finished all my thesis-related business and so now I'm back in.

Just managed to get Duval from 30-stam, and Ganfor & his bird. Since Kraken's back I guess I'll give WB book farming another go.

Dandte

Messed up a Duval run because of Stage 4

Girl->autotarget Duval-> Girl ->at duval And so on...

First Time in a dozen runs.

Top Bottom