• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

mileS

Time to post my skill up results. After feeling good about Mihawk's levels at first. I hit the worst RNG streak of all time with 0/75 copies after... Outside of Sengoku he was all I cared about this time around. I could scream but hey its just a game right...

Sengoku - 8/32
Whitebeard - 2/4
Rayleigh - 1/1
G3 - 2/10
Nico Robin - 2/3
Jozu - 0/10 blah fuck off
Law - 5/10
Apoo - 2/2 Wanted more of these books so I'm happy with this result :)
Capone - 1/6
Slasher Croc - 4/16
Streaming Wolf Swords Zoro - 0/5 and I yolo feed about 15 books in the past little bit.. with no skill ups
Impact Usopp - 1/3
Noland - 3/12
Alvida - 1/6
Monster Chopper - 2/11

chrono01

I swear, this is how they pull you back in... Congrats nonetheless! I'd say he's a pretty good sub and a decent captain. Also he has 5 sockets and has a raid version so that's something you won't have to worry about.
Thanks man.

To be perfectly honest, as pleased I am with the pull, I'm not sure it's enough to make me pick up this game again and play seriously, at least not yet. I want to, but then I remember all of the socket nonsense (and endless farming), and I'm persuaded not to.

I really preferred the game when we only had skill-up's to worry about. :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Finally! Congrats on the Legend!

I don't play this game as much as I used to, but I figured I'd do a few pulls (out of boredom)

- Arm Point Chopper

*throws some cotton candy in the sea*

All yours, Chopper!

- Pell

These pulls so far, are a bitter pell to swallow.

- Kid

I've been trying for him forever and, of course, I get him just after I receive Vergo (a better version of Kid). :/

- Crocus

And there he is! The one unit I manage to pull at least one of every Sugofest. Please, go away.

- SABO!!!

!!! (More exclamation points is needed for Sabo!!!) !!!

My third Legend (aside from the now endangered, Log Luffy and SW Shanks)! Is he any good? I haven't done much reading on Free Spirit characters, but I can't complain.

I was going to stop here, but I wanted one of the new characters:

- Koza

No, I will not join your rebellion army, despite you asking persistently. Another character I seem to pull a lot of.

- Bellmere

This is my sign to stop. Nothing more will come of these pulls, not like this.

As a sub, There isn't a better free spirit booster around. 1.5x on turn 1, 2x on turn 2 (if you hit all perfects on the first turn), and only a 14 turn CD when skill maxed. 5 sockets and great stats and neutral typing.

As a captain he boosts all characters' HP and RCV by 1.2x, and boosts free spirit characters' attack by 2x-2.75x depending on how much of your HP remains (higher = better). Free spirit double sabo teams with the kuja ship are quite bulky, with 30K HP, > 3000 RCV, and a healing ship special. you'll do more damage with legend law teams with sabo as a sub (but less bulk), and you'll have more bulk with raid boa (but less damage).

chrono01

As a sub, There isn't a better free spirit booster around. 1.5x on turn 1, 2x on turn 2 (if you hit all perfects on the first turn), and only a 14 turn CD when skill maxed. 5 sockets and great stats and neutral typing.

As a captain he boosts all characters' HP and RCV by 1.2x, and boosts free spirit characters' attack by 2x-2.75x depending on how much of your HP remains (higher = better). Free spirit double sabo teams with the kuja ship are quite bulky, with 30K HP, > 3000 RCV, and a healing ship special. you'll do more damage with legend law teams with sabo as a sub (but less bulk), and you'll have more bulk with raid boa (but less damage).
Thanks for the detailed information!

He sounds solid enough, that's for sure. I've read Senor Pink is nice for him, but I didn't manage to get him. I do have Ivankov (INT) who I read is good, and he seems pretty flexible with other units (Law, Apoo, Alvida, Log Luffy, Kaku, both versions of Boa, etc.). I've read he's fun to play as to, which is always appreciated.

I'll see how I feel about jumping back in later, haha. Yes, this is how they try to get you back into the game. >_<

GG-Duo

Buffalo
Senor Pink
Ms Wednesday
Cabin Boy Helmeppo
Mr Prince

all of these are new to me, since I'm still pretty new to the game... but they're not what I was looking for. Used Ms Wednesday on my Valentine Princess Vivi.

ehh :-/

RedBoot

Thanks man.

To be perfectly honest, as pleased I am with the pull, I'm not sure it's enough to make me pick up this game again and play seriously, at least not yet. I want to, but then I remember all of the socket nonsense (and endless farming), and I'm persuaded not to.

I really preferred the game when we only had skill-up's to worry about. :(

Yeah, I kind of decided to give up on "perfect sockets," because I was getting bothered over them as well. I'll get them as I skill-level characters, but I'm not going to go out and spend 15+ gems re-farming Mihawk just to try and succeed a 1 in 10 chance of getting something useful.

While skill-leveling Young Arlong I ended up with 5 despair sockets and 4 auto-heal ones. The "best" setup for him is probably 5 despair and 5 lock sockets, but chances are I'll still stick with what I have. I'm sure later content will start to require specific sockets, but I'll just find a way around that myself.

(That being said, I am going through the hassle of socketing GP, because if it's worth it for any single unit, it's him)

OHMAHGOSHOHMAHGOSHOHMAHGOSHOHMAHGOSH OHMAHGOSH!
LvsOLpx.png

5* Doma
5* IntHawk [First Legend]
5* Sogeking [Dupe]
4* Whitey Bay

chrono01

(That being said, I am going through the hassle of socketing GP, because if it's worth it for any single unit, it's him)
God Usopp is always worth it.

Pulled probably every type of Chopper, two Giollas, and then Boa.
Boa makes it a win, congrats!

5* Doma
5* Sogeking [Dupe]
4* Whitey Bay
Yay, another Legend-less member leaves the Non-Legend Club! Is that everyone, or is there still someone crying in despair over there?

Congrats!

Heng

5* Doma
5* Sogeking [Dupe]
4* Whitey Bay
Wow congrats on leaving the NLC4L! I'm glad you were able to get your account back in time to pull him.

8 pulls and the only new characters I got were Jabra, Whitey Bay, and Nami's mom. I'm happy that I don't have to store 30+ books for Whitey Bay and I really wanted Jabra too. I may just get rid of my Oars Jr book since his special is pretty meh.

Hana-Bi

What are you planning to socket Shanks if you don't mind me asking? Want to socket mine too, but I only know of despair and bind as a must have.
Well since he has 5 sockets: Bind/Despair/Heal/CD/Orb. Problem is I only can farm Shanks for a couple of hours today and then be on vacation and the drop rates are really low...

yep pretty much
did 7 pulls,got

3x miss valentine
kaya
bellmere
jinbe
apoo

I did 6 more pulls this morning on a whim and I still haven't pulled a single unit from the new batch.

Oh and for anyone interested, I did the Baratie missions and it took 221 cola to max the Dreadnaught Sabre.

Majukun

I did 6 more pulls this morning on a whim and I still haven't pulled a single unit from the new batch.

Oh and for anyone interested, I did the Baratie missions and it took 221 cola to max the Dreadnaught Sabre.

has that ship any ue at all?seems like it has not,but maybe i'm missing something

MiTYH

Decided to throw 10 more stones to the Sugo gods. Got dupe Mr 5 and Namule. At least Namule got a skillup, which I use in a Rainbow Fighter/Powerhouse Legend Lucci Team.

Bit disappointed with only Moriah as a new pull this sugo for about... 40 gems or so. Ah well, moving on to the next.

Congrats all those with new legends, especially Mihawk, he's a BEAST

I was so surprised when I saw the red posters, it felt so nice &#55357;&#56877;&#55357;&#56877;
Same here. My jaw dropped, I leapt up, grabbed my laptop and just stared at the screen in disbelief as the animation played. And to think ~24 hours prior, I thought I might have permanently lost the account with my broken phone. Someone @ Namdai felt sorry for me. :p

Majukun

so,namco's solution to give us a 2x skillup is to make decent skillbooks rarer than a blue moon...i have not seen a enel or bonney book for days

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Trash sugo continues. six new pulls. Thanks, fucking 2x Cabin Boy Cobys! FUCK!

bonkeng

Same here. My jaw dropped, I leapt up, grabbed my laptop and just stared at the screen in disbelief as the animation played. And to think ~24 hours prior, I thought I might have permanently lost the account with my broken phone. Someone @ Namdai felt sorry for me. :p

Blessing in disguise.

Hope your phone is still in warranty period, as that would suck if you have to have a broken phone to pull a legend.

Dandte

And then you realised you pulled sw ace and his only use is as a beatstick..... ;______;

bjork

So basically, Adawg won this sugo. Got his account restored, which sounded like a longshot given support's rep, and then hit a legend right away. Good times!

Today I will do Baratie missions and throw one more pull in this sugo. I'd like Sugar, but we'll see if it just might be another Crocus/Nojiko/Mr. 5/etc

MiTYH

The Beartie missions were surprisingly easy -- this coming from someone who's still 6/10 on Syrup Village.

Managed to max the new ship with 112 cola, only failed two times getting to grade 7.

Felt good about that, did two more pulls on Sugo. Uroge and Nojiko, both dupes. Sigh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So basically, Adawg won this sugo. Got his account restored, which sounded like a longshot given support's rep, and then hit a legend right away. Good times!

Today I will do Baratie missions and throw one more pull in this sugo. I'd like Sugar, but we'll see if it just might be another Crocus/Nojiko/Mr. 5/etc

Baratie were super easy. Got myself another fuckin trash ass Nojiko.

RedBoot

and that's why you always keep all the non fodder units folks

LOL, I normally do, but I remember back during the Zeff fortnight, I was thinking, "Why keep two different versions of these guys, especially since I'll never use any of them?" So I ditched the regulars. :( Managed to get Carne back, but I still need Patty. I swear, these guys used to drop every few runs back when I was farming for Zeff.

Blessing in disguise.

Hope your phone is still in warranty period, as that would suck if you have to have a broken phone to pull a legend.
It bought it 3 years ago (Galaxy S4), so unfortunately that's not the case. I didn't get a super expensive phone though (Asus ZenFone 2 Laser 32 GB ver for $230). Still sucks that it happened, but the Laser should be a nice upgrade at least.

I'm still just in complete shock that I was able to recover the account in just over a day. I was scared that I wouldn't get the account recovered, and that if I did I would end up getting it after 2x Skill Up. Getting it back in time for Sugo and then pulling IntHawk minutes after restoring it was an incredible feeling. :p

Top Bottom